Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? (8711 Views)

What Is The Hardest Decision You Have Ever Made? / What Is The Worst Decision You Have Ever Made In Life? / Boost Your Career In Digital Marketing - Get Google Certification In One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by AdeizaPrime(m): 4:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Everyone makes mistakes but dwelling in regret is an even bigger one as you will never have the chance to make amends.

In our past we have made decisions that have helped us tremendously in our careers and have never looked back. Likewise we have also made unfortunate decisions that have had adverse effects on our lives.

Share your stories.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2017

Here to read comments and lies.

As for me the decisions were

1. To know several skills in and out of my field. Adding to your skill set always help your career

2. To give myself an ultimatum of three years to work in my field and after that go for what I truly want to do and that which I have passion and talent for.

3. To always save money, so I can never be dependent on a job.

The list is endless but so far I haven't made a bad decision yet. and I hope the above decisions affects my career positively.

3 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Hardewarlee(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2017
If i start ehn , No space here will occupy me but for all decisions making both positive and negative.... It was meant to be taken if you agree with me . We all have a definite destination, na preamble plenty wey we call bad decisions. Anyways Alihamdulilah for all decision i have took because Everything has been going on well.

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Naijashortcode(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2017
Ok
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by angelTI(f): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2017
Here to learn.

It'shigh time I found something doing personally asides working for someone
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by DanielsParker(m): 7:36am On Sep 23, 2017
ok
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Pweetyjuddy(f): 7:36am On Sep 23, 2017
When I decided not to date again cos of my useless ex..it was horrible
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by dicksonadams(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2017
My girl friend
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Discharge(m): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Decision taken.....Outcome unknown yet......once it surface, I will update you guys
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by eanestca(m): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2017
The decision to succeed against all odds even when friends thought it was impossible to succeed with the high target.
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2017
eanestca:
The decision to succeed against all odds even when friends thought it was impossible to succeed with the high target.
huuummmm, so you succeeded??
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by eanestca(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2017
Adaumunocha:
huuummmm, so you succeeded??

Yes I did and even I can't believe it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by tessygirl(f): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2017
When I decided to take a step into ICT.

Decision that changed my life tho

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2017
Decided to mind my business!!!! best decision

3 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2017
eanestca:

Yes I did and even I can't believe it
You believed it from the onset which was why you went against odds to involve in it... smiley

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by eanestca(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2017
Adaumunocha:
You believed it from the onset which was why you went against odds to involve in it... smiley

Actually I didn't, I just had no choice so I decided to give it a trial by giving all I have and it paid off
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by claremont(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2017
Leaving Nigeria was the best decision I was fortunate to make career-wise. If I had remained, I would still have been stuck in a dead-end medical rep job just like most of my colleagues are. I was held to ransom by Doctors who persistently demanded bribes from medical reps in order to prescribe their products, even when the patient clearly need this product. Horrible practice with no dignity.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2017
eanestca:

Actually I didn't, I just had no choice so I decided to give it a trial by giving all I have and it paid off
OK.

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by vikkeee(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Choosing to study any course just to be in school

4 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2017
tessygirl:
When I decided to take a step into ICT.
Decision that changed my life tho

yes I just took this decision too. I hope it works out positively
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by jashar(f): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2017
Well. Lemme see....
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by AdeizaPrime(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Evaberry:

Here to read comments and lies.

As for me the decisions were

1. To know several skills in and out of my field. Adding to your skill set always help your career

2. To give myself an ultimatum of three years to work in my field and after that go for what I truly want to do and that which I have passion and talent for.

3. To always save money, so I can never be dependent on a job.

The list is endless but so far I haven't made a bad decision yet. and I hope the above decisions affects my career positively.

Spot on..what bedevils most people is a clear goal. Many lack focus and hence the go where the wind blows them, some may get luck while the others...well undecided

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by tayokem(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Taking a big leap into Digital Marketing as been so great and interesting
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by jechona(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2017
Listening to my father ruined my career. Am yet to get back on track. Just pondering how such an instruction came into the bible.

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by ziggyzee: 8:19am On Sep 23, 2017
Make: Knowing early I needed to make a balance between what I love doing, what makes me relevant, and what brings food to the table. Nowadays, my reminiscing time makes me smile.

Mar: Trusting an unscrupulous colleague that almost put an end to my career at an early stage. I learned my lesson the hard way.

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by TheTechMan: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2017
If you study any IT related course in school and after graduation you go into teaching because you couldn't get a job on time you're making a big mistake!.
Instead of teaching, go and get trained in computer programming, web design, digital marketing, graphics design etc and become a professional of your own. Teaching will consume all your time and keep you at the lowest level of the tech industry by not being able to upgrade your knowledge in important areas of IT. This was my mistake but thank God I pulled out of teaching before it was too late. I'm into graphics design, web and software development at the moment and I'm happy with my life.

4 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by sergi99(m): 8:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Allowing our folks to force us down certain paths

4 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by iomoge2(f): 8:36am On Sep 23, 2017
Going for hnd after ond

No one should mske that mistake especially an Architectural student.

Even d degree and msc, make sure the school is accredited first

3 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 23, 2017
Still in an early stage of my career. May God order my steps

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Ademat7(m): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Make: having mindset to be independent financially from teenage years
Mar: over spiritual family that won't let u decide your way

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Want More Likes And Followers On Your Facebook Page? / Ican Students, Please Lets Share / Chinese Expats Treat Nigerian Employees As Punching Bags - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.