Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet (38433 Views)

Joyce Prado: Pregnant Miss Bolivia Stripped Of Her Title / Veronika Didiusenko, Miss Ukraine Is Stripped Of Her Crown For Lying (photo) / Natasha Crown: I Want To Have The World’s Biggest Bum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by dabeto: 4:33am On Sep 23, 2017
Itir Esen, 18, had shared a post referencing last year's coup attempt, comparing her menstrual cycle to the spilt blood of "martyrs".

The competition's organisers said the tweet was "unacceptable" and confirmed their decision to dismiss her, just hours after she won.

Ms Esen has since said, via Instagram, that she was not being political.

The tweet was posted around the first anniversary of the 15 July coup attempt, when nearly 250 people died fighting an army uprising.

She wrote: "I am having my period this morning to celebrate the July 15 martyrs' day. I am celebrating the day by bleeding a representation of our martyrs' blood."
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan regularly refers to the "martyrs" who died resisting the coup.

The beauty pageant's organisers said the tweet did not come to light until after Thursday's ceremony in Istanbul, after which they held a long meeting to discuss the situation and verify the post.

On Friday, they released a statement to announce their decision to rescind her title: "We regret to say that this tweet has been tweeted by Itir Esen. It is not possible for the Miss Turkey Organisation to promote such a post, when it aims to introduce Turkey to the world and contribute to its image."

Ms Esen later responded with her own statement on social media: "I want to say that as a 18-year-old girl, I had no political aims while sharing this post."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41368295

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by malware: 4:52am On Sep 23, 2017
Erdogan doesn't joke with the word coup, regardless of the way it comes

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by LordsApostle: 4:55am On Sep 23, 2017
Stupid and insensitive post from her. Serves her right.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Desammyst(m): 5:25am On Sep 23, 2017
Celebrities be using their position to the detriment of their state.

2 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 23, 2017
Why are you announcing to the world kick off of your menstruation period?
Abi you want give them Awom rap1sts signal to cumm r@pe you for your window period

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:48am On Sep 23, 2017
see her sha

meanwhile let's laugh at this police recruitment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RixCnrnB85E&feature=youtu.be
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Naijashortcode(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2017
So cute
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by DanielsParker(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2017
Okay, must she tweet ? undecided Social media obsession

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by lathrowinger: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2017
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by FemiEddy(m): 8:11am On Sep 23, 2017
she's beautiful but she messed up

6 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Narldon: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2017
[b]

The Turkish government blames the failed coup attempt on Fethullah Gulen, a Turkish preacher and businessman who has lived in self-imposed exile in the United States since 1999.

Gulen is the leader of a widespread and influential religious movement known as "Hizmet" (Service), which owns foundations, associations, media organisations and schools in Turkey and abroad.

Gulen was once a strong ally of Erdogan, and during the Justice and Development Party's (AKP) struggle to end the military's influence in Turkish politics in the late 2000s, his organisation had its golden years.

During this period, the AKP-Gulen alliance turned into direct staffing of public positions. Many people in the bureaucracy were removed without due process and replaced with Gulenists.

Yet the Gulen-AKP relationship was eroded by incidents such as the 2010 Mavi Marmara raid, and by National Intelligence Organisation (MIT) Undersecretary Hakan Fidan, a close Erdogan confidant, being called in for questioning by police officers close to the Gulen movement.

A corruption investigation in December 2013, which saw renowned businesspeople and senior bureaucrats close to the AKP arrested by Gulenist police officers, gave way to an all-out war between the government and the Hizmet movement.

Erdogan reacted furiously to the crackdown and claimed that those behind the investigations were trying to form a "state within a state", in an apparent reference to the Hizmet movement.

Erdogan calls on US to extradite cleric Gulen
From this point on, the AKP government was always open about its plans to eradicate Gulen and his followers from Turkish political life, as the MIT conducted several investigations into Gulen and his followers.

Today, Turkish officials say that the July coup attempt materialised because Gulenists were increasingly concerned that the government investigation into their illegal actions was coming to an end, and they would be arrested.

Gulen, on the other hand, denies any role in the coup and has even alleged that Erdogan orchestrated it himself "to build a dictatorship" - a claim the president, Turkish spy agencies and even the Turkish opposition have vehemently denied.

SOURCE: Al-Jazeera
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by dingbang(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Don't do twitter...
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Holuwahyomzzy: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by hopefulLandlord: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2017
She looks like someone I would love to have sex with
she's my type
she fits the bill
she's up to standard

1 Like

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by IamGeorgie(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2017
This is the kind of discipline we need in nigeria. I behold someone saying it's a tyrant act.
anyway, if she had paid attention to my preaching, she wouldn't have faulted. I always tell people to steer away from social media like mairaland and twitter, if she had said that thing to her family,probably because she uses touch light phone like me, who would have heard her? what am I even saying?

3 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 23, 2017
this people harsh ooo..

meanwhile y'all should check this out

7 Beautiful Models With Disabilities From Around The World
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by thesuave10(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2017
The girl dey alright sha. But she's flat angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 23, 2017
ok
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by iamchybs(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
U see urself?
All these small girls talking anyhow....
U see ur life?

1 Like

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by MrGreenMavro: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
village people sha

1 Like

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2017
Freedom of speech doesn't equate freedom from its consequence , when you wear the crown, you wear the brand and cease to be you, when you tweet , you tweet on behalf of the brand, do well to learn from this. That's the curse attributed to celebrities someone like me can tweet sh.it like this and get away with it cuz am irrelevant . touche

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by DaudaAbu(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2017
Beauty without brain
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2017
Is this not the turkey that Biafrans claimed supported them ? Is they could clamp down like this against a model for a cryptic facebook post.
How will they treat a person forming a govt in their govt, and calling the rest of them animals ? How will they treat a nobody, saying that he will go the State house and return with the President's head ?

Buhari realy tried..

19 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Amosjaj(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2017
Hilarious
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Pennywise(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2017
Very dull girl. She could have said her account was hacked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Lagbaja01(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2017
This lady is beautiful...I dont care whether she's striped or not.

3 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2017
pcguru1:
Freedom of speech doesn't equate freedom from its consequence , when you wear the crown, you wear the brand and cease to be you, when you tweet , you tweet on behalf of the brand, do well to learn from this. That's the curse attributed to celebrities someone like me can tweet sh.it like this and get away with it cuz am irrelevant . touche
%1000000 correct!

3 Likes

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by wiringdpt(m): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Shes 18, what y'all expect?

1 Like

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by seangy4konji: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Lol
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2017
Chicken nko
Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Kobicove(m): 8:24am On Sep 23, 2017
Very immature post...do not bring everything to social media!

She just learnt a lesson that will last a lifetime

Kudos to the organisers of the beauty pageant for having the courage to take this decision

1 Like

Re: Itir Esen, Miss Turkey Stripped Of Her Crown Over Coup Tweet by Abfinest007(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2017
ehya doo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contestants Of Miss Port Harcourt Pageant 2017 (Photos) / Toolz Vs Mercy Johnson: Who Wore It Better?? / 2019 Contestants Of The Miss Tourism Nigeria In Their Swimwear (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.