Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products (19863 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Most Expensive Apple Products That Would Make Girls Mad, Coming To Nigeria Soon / UBA Launches "Leo" Services On Apple Business Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Hassan080196(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
But Samsung price is not that high and far better than iPhone. Without any doubt, we all know iphone is copying Samsung this days.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by olahero(m): 7:43am On Sep 24, 2017
Because it's a phone World leaders are using.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by aku626(m): 7:43am On Sep 24, 2017
Bruh apple doesn't use flash and i suppose the site uses flash, it's a secured device they don't implement any technology that could be compromised easily if it's necessary they'd find a way around it. The sim slot is for data solely. You can gift your device to me for free if your me tired of it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Suntemi(m): 7:44am On Sep 24, 2017
Apple products are not overrated.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Godson201333(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2017
Taiw:
I cant believe my Apple Ipad air 2 could not open latitudelearning.com to take an assessment. When the site opens, the point when i need to start the assessment is where it hangs. I used safari, opera and google chrome and i even restarted it. So much hype on the device. It has a sim slot yet i cant make or receive calls, I can even receive sms. I cant even access my file directory or transfer to even pc without first looking for Itunes.
So much restriction on this expensive device

Well I love Apple so much and i just don't know why,

Started with them from Naija since iPhone 3....till now.

Well its another branding ,Luxury and classic.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by jashar(f): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2017
I thought I'm the only one that thought the Apple brand is over hyped.

The picture quality sef is wack.... I would rather a Samsung anytime...

Can't even watch film from 02tvseries. What is now their use? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by 50shadesofme: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Taiw:
I cant believe my Apple Ipad air 2 could not open latitudelearning.com to take an assessment. When the site opens, the point when i need to start the assessment is where it hangs. I used safari, opera and google chrome and i even restarted it. So much hype on the device. It has a sim slot yet i cant make or receive calls, I can even receive sms. I cant even access my file directory or transfer to even pc without first looking for Itunes.

If you check the logo well well you will realize that all the missing bits & functions and apps are what was bitten off, the best you can ever invest in is Android no restrictions its affordable and most of all its yours to use as you please

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:54am On Sep 24, 2017
ItsJonathan:

You too like free things. Pay for your stuffs and enjoy the value.

Op it's obvious you did not buy that device yourself, maybe you were given. Please sell it. iOS is not for you.

How does my comment relate to getting things free sad
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by neonly: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2017
Joseunlimited:
Apple product is the best

A dual core

It doesn't hang like other products

Good battery

Try HTC 10 yur life will never be same again

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Babs24: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2017
One thing I enjoy most on my iPad is the iBook. Apart from giving me access to buy books I hardly find in our local book stores, It makes my library mobile....

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by beethoven: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Apple products just work. I have had several apple devices and I can tell you hands down, they are the most reliable have I have ever owned. Still rocking my Iphone 6 plus, of 3years while I just purchased the new Iphone 8. The Iphone 6 is still in pristine condition and I heard that they sell for around 100k these days in Naija. That is a lot of residual value for a 3year old phone.

How much is samsung galaxy S5 these days(a phone that released same year as my iphone 6). Do people still use that phone? For those comparing iphone to android, isn’t it crazy that you always have to buy a new android every 1.5years for you to continue receiving the latest updates?

Now to your experience with the ipad air, have you tried to do a reset of the device? I had a similar issue with browsing https sites, a simple device reset fixed the problem.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by gonkin(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Sometimes i wonder what Apple users enjoy about the apple. A friend lent me his iPhone 6 and under 24 hours, i got tired of it. Its a booorrrrriiinnng device where even if u had internet connection u still need apple id. Dont mess with android, its the best

Microsoft killed nokia with the windows mobile. Now they are engaging with the Android

Blackberry tried with rim but they are still tapping functions from the android. Even the stupid passport, when i see people holding that phone, i shake my head like these guys and enjoying with a sad face.

I see people with apple and i wonder, its just hype, no bigggi

I mean forget cost, if samsung made the infinix x551, it would be a hype phone too. Because a common x551 can do far more than some apple devices

Na only camera. Abi. For me if u flashing me with ur bloody E.Y.E phone, u on a long thing. Apple is an expensive splinter

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Apple isn't overhyped. Apple focuses on the emotional aspect of their products and they keep on setting milestones for every company to achieve. The first iPhone was complete touchscreen and was far ahead of its time when it came out. The graphical user interface you enjoy today on your computer's was started by xerox which was bought off by apple and then included in the first macintosh. With that move apple changed computing forever.

However, ever since Steve jobs died they seem to have lost some of their creative touch. They are not as innovative as they were when Steve was alive.

GUI was started by Xerox and Apple used the tech in Macintosh likewise Miicrosoft before it was bought. Apple tried suing Microsoft for using a tech that doesn't belong to them but Gates told Steve, look we both stole it from Xerox.

There were full touch phones before the iPhone debutted. Nokia, Blackberry and Palm. What distinguished Apples version from theirs was multitouch. Apple has lost the charm they once had

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by bonifieldstun(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2017
Taiw:
answer -the apple product you are using is a refurbished product not a real apple product

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by LolaCole1(f): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2017
We offer quick, easy and convenient consumer loans.
>>Loan ranges from N200, 000 to N3,000,000 (and above depending on salary)
>>Tenor: 3 – 12 months duration.
>> NO GUARANTOR
>> NO COLLATERAL
>> NO MANAGEMENT FEE
>> LOAN BUY OVER FROM ANOTHER COMPANY IS POSSIBLE
>> Document required are as follows:
>> 1 Recent Passport Photograph
>> Valid Id card (driver's license, international passport r national identity card)
>> Last 6 months bank statement
>> Staff Id and
>> Postdated cheques
>>Disbursement is within 3 hours of submission of required document.
>>I will be waiting to hear from you, send me a mail.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Praktikals(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2017
its called ostentatious goods
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Maxvasia(m): 8:28am On Sep 24, 2017
One word....VANITY
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2017
Taiw:
I don't know why you can't access the website on your tablet. But i know there is an explanation for it and im sure majority of the fault lie on the website itself.

2. Your ipad is a tablet NOT A PHONE. Basically you dont buy or supposed to use an ipad to make calls or send sms. The sim slot is there for you to access the internet. Just like your laptop with an inbuilt modem. A tablet (especially the direction the iPad is going towards) is ment to rival the laptop and not the mobile phone. Because some android manufacturers give you the option to make calls does not mean apple is trash. Alot of people which includes me are completely fine with the way the iPad is. If you prefer you tablet to make calls "based on your own preference!" Then simply buy an android tab than ask an ignorant question.

3. File directory(which is not all that needed) came with ios 11

4. It is the prevent sync/sending the wrong type of files to your phone. It could be files with a format the iPhone cannot read or corrupted or virus infected files. Its part of security measure.

For the answer to your question. Apple products are always quality and they are the leaders of innovation in the world. Alot(not all) of technology used in the smartphone today where first on the iPhone. This a reputation apple has built over the years even before they announced the first iPhone. Therefore they have earned a surplus amount of praise. Apple is not over hyped

7 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2017
dulux07:
Branding. Good marketing.

And lastly, its USA. any product from usa is always somehow
overhyped
HTC is not overhyped.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2017
TechPanda:
Honestly, you should read the book of Genesis.. grin grin

NaijaTechGuy has a different view though.

Talking about the 3 latest iPhones, I felt Apple's was strongly going to take Samsung head-on with its Fast charge and wireless charge feature, but...

Unfortunately, Apple won't give you fast charging when you buy any of the new iPhones. You'll need to pay extra money.

For christ sake, it is some people's salary somewhere in Surulere. wink undecided

grin Here's How Expensive It Cost To Charge The New iPhones (Using A Wireless Charger)

Saying "they wont give you fast charge" like it would be removed from the phone. Instead of you to say the charger that is used for it does not come in the box"
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
I dunno why I just have to shine my teeth on this thread @TechPanda grin... I'm tired of the Apple issue.. Buy Airpods Separate, Buy wireless charger separate.. grin... Different ways of extorting consumers grin
From the consumer point of view, its painful. Cos you spend more money

But if you or i own the company, we will probably do the same thing. Its a good business plan. You make more money.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by profhenrii(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Taiw post=60747096]I cant believe my Apple Ipad air 2 could not open latitudelearning.com to take an assessment. When the site opens, the point when i need to start the assessment is where it hangs. I used safari, opera and google chrome and i even restarted it.

I think something is wrong with ur ipad. I use an ipad too and it doesnt hang. Works perfectly.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Well,it's an ostentatious good.
And "the higher the price,the higher the quantity demanded.
So wrong.
It is the higher the demand the higher the price

If the price goes up first

Then its the higer the price the lower the demand
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Ijaya123: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2017
UncutSk:
lmao what innovation?
They just copy what old androids already got

Samsung will not be where they are today without the iPhone.

Apple is in a class by itself. Their products are not for everybody.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Akanaz(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Since its a US product its the best. That is the belief of everybody even all nations of the world.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2017
dulux07:
Branding. Good marketing.

And lastly, its USA. any product from usa is always somehow
overhyped
Yes Apple has a big brand name and good marketing strategy but apple does not make substandard phones
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by henry007(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2017
See iPhone 6 plus comparison with Infinix Note 4 finger print sensor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8QsI90txg

And iPhone 6 plus comparison with Camon CX camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7stH4yQQyw&index=4&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4THIm-C6oP7-rjQHctJD-uk
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2017
UncutSk:
lmao what innovation?
They just copy what old androids already got
The first modern smartphone was the iPhone.
First modern smartphone OS was IOS

Since then alot of industry firsts has been by apple. They have more industry first than any other company

Even if they stop tommorow, they have already built a good reputation

But oh! The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

I don't know why you can't access the website on your tablet. But i know there is an explanation for it and im sure majority of the fault lie on the website itself.

2. Your ipad is a tablet NOT A PHONE. Basically you dont buy or supposed to use an ipad to make calls or send sms. The sim slot is there for you to access the internet. Just like your laptop with an inbuilt modem. A tablet (especially the direction the iPad is going towards) is ment to rival the laptop and not the mobile phone. Because some android manufacturers give you the option to make calls does not mean apple is trash. Alot of people which includes me are completely fine with the way the iPad is. If you prefer you tablet to make calls "based on your own preference!" Then simply buy an android tab than ask an ignorant question.

3. File directory(which is not all that needed) came with ios 11

4. It is the prevent sync/sending the wrong type of files to your phone. It could be files with a format the iPhone cannot read or corrupted or virus infected files. Its part of security measure.

For the answer to your question. Apple products are always quality and they are the leaders of innovation in the world. Alot(not all) of technology used in the smartphone today where first on the iPhone. This a reputation apple has built over the years even before they announced the first iPhone. Therefore they have earned a surplus amount of praise. Apple is not over hyped

You were making sense until the bolded, mind breaking it down.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2017
Hassan080196:
But Samsung price is not that high and far better than iPhone. Without any doubt, we all know iphone is copying Samsung this days.
"Samsung price is not that high" Have you bought any Samsung flagship in your life? Or even compare prices?

For the records. Iphone X is $999 slightly cheaper than the $1000 Samsung galaxy note 8. You can even say they cost the same.

And copy The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts. which of these features was on the Samsung already
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

The first modern smartphone was the iPhone.
First modern smartphone OS was IOS

Since then alot of industry firsts has been by apple. They have more industry first than any other company

Even if they stop tommorow, they have already built a good reputation

But oh! The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts.

Common, you are writing false lines.

First moden smartphone wasn't the iPhone but rather Nokia
First modern OS was WebOS then Meego

First smartphone with AI capabilities were Lenovo PHAB then Asus Zenfone.
FaceID is synonymous to Iris scanning which are on some Android devices. And Face unlock system have been available on Android since the days on ICS. Apple isn't the first to these things. Pls don't misrepresent facts

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

"Samsung price is not that high" Have you bought any Samsung flagship in your life? Or even compare prices?

For the records. Iphone X is $999 slightly cheaper than the $1000 Samsung galaxy note 8. You can even say they cost the same.

And copy The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts. which of these features was on the Samsung already

Why are you fond of writing lies? iPhone X is $999 while Note 8 is $939. With the Note 8, you have the Spen, wireless charger which you have to pay north of $200 to buy from Apple, live focus and other goodies bags. They are both expensive phones while Note 8 is quite cheaper

Portrait on iPhone x is live focus on Note 8
FaceID on iPhone x is Iris scanning on Note 8

Did you just write Bionic chip. Common don write like you don't know anything, ain't a smartphone supposed to have a chipset ?

Easy with the trash you write dude

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million / I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone / Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.