Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products (19854 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Most Expensive Apple Products That Would Make Girls Mad, Coming To Nigeria Soon / UBA Launches "Leo" Services On Apple Business Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Decale:

His s7 edge must be a US network one. He's to root to create Xender connection cos of the locking of hotspots. And root isn't there for the Snapdragon S7s. The other option is to install an international Rom

If you don't know something that simple, then you shouldn't be sure about s7. The selfie camera isn't that great to be considered "one of the best out there". My former iPhone 6 and SE's 1.2MP cameras do better in most situations. And yes, I've been using the s7 for a year now.

You don't need root but it's the Android faithfuls that use that as an advantage, which is a very moot point in this day and age.

S6 camera is better than iPhone 6 and SE let alone S7.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by UncutSk(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ijaya123:

Samsung will not be where they are today without the iPhone.

Apple is in a class by itself. Their products are not for everybody.
lmao keep saying that to yourself
IPhone has been copying android for years
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

S6 camera is better than iPhone 6 and SE let alone S7.

Loollllllllllll
The front camera?
Lolllllllllllllll. I should know better. I've used all 3 phones
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Decale:

Loollllllllllll

The front camera?

Lolllllllllllllll. I should know better. I've used all 3 phones

You are one in the million of the users and besides, countless reviews confirms it too
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

You are one in the million of the users and besides, countless reviews confirms it too

2 users have told you already within 5 minutes. Most of the users would prefer the iPhone 6/6s secondary camera in broad daylight than the s7. It may differ for lowlight shots, maybe that's where reviews may chip in something. I no go even mention iPhone 7 selfie camera. That one ehn...

I can bet most aesthetically pleasing selfies in the world are shot from an iPhone. The reverse may be the case for back shots

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Ijaya123: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
UncutSk:
lmao keep saying that to yourself
IPhone has been copying android for years

Which phone does android make?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Well,it's an ostentatious good.
And "the higher the price,the higher the quantity demanded.
Exactly, its not an inferior good.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Decale:

2 users have told you already within 5 minutes. Most of the users would prefer the iPhone 6/6s secondary camera in broad daylight than the s7. It may differ for lowlight shots, maybe that's where reviews may chip in something. I no go even mention iPhone 7 selfie camera. That one ehn...

I can bet most aesthetically pleasing selfies in the world are shot from an iPhone. The reverse may be the case for back shots

Two users said it but the reviews done by more than two users disagrees with you and note I'm even talking about s6 here letalone the s7.

There are more iPhones in the wild than high end so you might be right but that doesn't make it better than it's high end competitors
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by UncutSk(m): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ijaya123:

Which phone does android make?
lemme rephrase iPhone been copying Sony and Samsung
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Ijaya123: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
UncutSk:
lemme rephrase iPhone been copying Sony and Samsung

All of them copy technologies from each other from time to time. The smartphone as we know it today started with iPhone revolution in 2007.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ebenholer(m): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
anyone who knows quality things will surely know Apple products are not actually over hyped but they are nothing the best I must say. I have their two gadgets and I how effective they are.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

Two users said it but the reviews done by more than two users disagrees with you and note I'm even talking about s6 here letalone the s7.

There are more iPhones in the wild than high end so you might be right but that doesn't make it better than it's high end competitors

Lolllllllll

Go check comparison samples of s7 edge in daylight selfies with other flagships. Even Xperia XZ is better in most daylight shots.

S7 just provides detail better with the 5MP but an iPhone SE/6 has better color reproduction 7 times out of 10

I won't argue this point any further cos I've used all 3 and you clearly haven't used any.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by dabigjoe6(m): 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
prof1990:
Where do I start from.

1. They have carved a niche for themselves sorry but luxury isn’t for everyone. I have never used an iPhone that is hanging because of memory or something.

2. Security ever heard of iPhone being hacked?

The truth is they get there components from Samsung and the likes but they have just created that niche that can’t be ignored
This shows no device is immune to hacking it may just be harder on some device

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by dabigjoe6(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts

From next year you'll begin to see this technology on other phones. It is the way it has always been. Apple brings that new thing that everyone follows. Im not saying other companies do not innovate, but just look at the list of innovations just the iphone X came with. For others, innovation happens once in a while. Over the years, this has earned apple the respect and hype it gets today.
What's new about the iPhone x

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by CapstoneMobile(m): 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Capstone Mobile Digital: With the development of high end smartphones over recent years, the mobile phone technology has made huge improvement. Thanks to the introduction of touch screen technology, the cost of replacing a scratched or broken screen is now less expensive than ever. The cost of repairing a cracked or scratched phone will not be contained in the warranty, therefore users can get the repair done by themselves to save some fee and we can also assist you free of charge. The following is a brief picture showing all the screen flex and LCD with phone parts from
IPhone,
Samsung,
Tecno,
Infinix,
Itel,
Nokia,
Gionee,
Sony,
Oppo,
wiko, and the rest with some benefits of purchasing LCD screen and Capstone Mobile replacement parts such as all kinds of
Phone charger
Ear phone
Power button
Side button
Mouth piece
Speaker
Volume button
Flex
Etc..
to repair a smartphone...
Office : Ochanja Central Market upstairs Onitsha Anambra State.
Watch word : Quality is our life style.
A trial Will convince you. Remain Bless.

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 12:23am On Sep 25, 2017
dabigjoe6:

What's new about the iPhone x
Obviously that picture is pure ignorance. But i dont care, if you like when you have an option of picking any of the two, go for the galaxy s6 edge, your choice grin
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 12:25am On Sep 25, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

It's cool though.. It's been a while since I've seen your comments. What's up
Im fyn. School has most of my time now. I still come read to read the frontpage only
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 12:26am On Sep 25, 2017
dulux07:

Dont get.
Htc is not made in usa.

If u are referring otherwise, htc is not overhyped. They make fantastic phones, but poor marketing.
HTC is a pure USA company just like apple
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 12:42am On Sep 25, 2017
Hassan080196:

First of all, I'm currently using S7edge and planning to change to s8plus soon.

And regarding the price of Note 8, you're right but s8plus is not much that expensive.

And as for FaceID and others, you need to do your findings. Every Samsung 8 has that except the animoji and bionic chip which I think they're useless cos I don't need that on my smartphone.

Finally, if you're in this world, you should know by now that Samsung is the fastest selling device in the whole world. After Samsung, you can now mention Apple.

"which I think they're useless cos I don't need that on my smartphone" this is a very biased statement. C'mon give apple some credit!! From next year this feature is so going to be on and be the talking point of the s9! It does not matter if you need it or not cos that is your personal preference. I also don't need alot of android features. For example i can be just fine installing all my apps from the play store and still keep "unknown sources" unchecked

Face recognition is obviously not new. But they were never accurate or used any special hardware. It was purely software and your phone camera. What Samsung currently have on thier 2017 flagships is iris scanner. The Face ID on the iphone X uses a completely never seen technology (especially hardware which includes the "bionic" chip) to recognise face accurately such that it is said to be even safer than fingerprint. It is this technology that also makes animoji possible.

Samsung sells more phones than apple cos the make more phones at different levels. Apple sells more iPhone than Samsung Flagships. Thanks.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 12:45am On Sep 25, 2017
ewizard1:

With this post of yours, now I understand you!

You keep blaring "AR using your phone, changes background, which smartphone bla bla.."

Like that's your only weapon for this battle? grin
Its not actually. Its just to prove that the iphones or apple is not over hyped (not to kill android)
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 12:58am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

It's obvious you know nothing. Your comment said and i quite " you need Google account to download apps on Android" and i negated that line. You only need it to download from the playstore. You shifted to risks.

Chinese download app from other stores and their phones are safe. So many folks use China devices whcih doesn't have playstore in them and still download apps outside that stores and aren't even Chinese. You simply don't know what you are saying

Can you type/talk without throwing shades or insults? It makes you look pained. But you should be anyways. KEEP CALM AND LEARN

You quoted me wrong. I actually said "you will need apple ID to download apps from the store just as you'll need to sign on android to do the same!"

Obviously i was talking about play store, i mean!! Do i literally have to type out P L A Y S T O R E ??

Okay. Lets see who does not know what he is saying. Heard of "play protect"?? Obviously No dont even think of lieing. The playstore which is the number one source of android apps and most monitored still has an inbuilt service called "play protect" that scans an all and make sure its safe for installation before installing. Ok so now, i dont know anything like you said, tell me if any other android apps source from wherever that has the same or similar service.....
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 1:06am On Sep 25, 2017
ewizard1:

Mr, make points without insults! Some of these usernames you see here worth more than you think of their moniker!

According to one nairalander's comparison, iPhone 8 mates Samsung Galaxy S6!

1. I dont care

2. That is pure ignorance and baised.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 1:17am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

You credited too much for Apple with baseless lies. Your points were Apple were the first to do this and that. Now you are shifting posts that you didn't see my comments when it still on this thread and it was prematured until Apple embraced it.

Bionic chip is a chipset like every regular chipset which power devices. How is that first? Do you even know what you write at all? Well the bolded says it all already
*palm to face*

First, i dont credit apple too much. Infact my last tread bashes the iPhone X. I only give them credits where they deserve unlike android fanboys and biased fans like you

As for you comments? Oya. Im sorry. I did not see them. Kindly tell me, quoting my moniker in it, how technologies like Face ID, animoji, a bionic chip, the new protrait modes and the likes are not first seen on the iPhone. Please remember to state every tech one by one. Thank you.

"Bionic chip is a chipset like every regular chip" we both know this is an ignorant and biased statement if you want to be honest with yourself buy its okay, i'll google out a link that explains bionic chip to you. Give me a sec.

*modified

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/09/13/3-things-you-need-to-know-about-apples-a11-bionic.aspx

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-a11-bionic-benchmarks/

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/apple-unveils-a11-bionic-neural-engine-ai-chip-in-iphone-x.html

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/the-apple-iphone-x-all-new-a11-bionic-chip-smokes-past-androids-best-a-closer-look-reveals-why-4039065.html

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/255780-apple-neural-engine-a11-bionic-soc

Sent multiple link you really need to read all to fully understand why the bionic chip on the iphone X is not "regular" as you think.
Please read all. Dont skip any, you need it.

*One more

http://mashable.com/2017/09/14/inside-apple-a11-bionic-and-silicon-team/#MiTbMo9OsOqz
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 3:20am On Sep 25, 2017
Decale:

Lolllllllll

Go check comparison samples of s7 edge in daylight selfies with other flagships. Even Xperia XZ is better in most daylight shots.

S7 just provides detail better with the 5MP but an iPhone SE/6 has better color reproduction 7 times out of 10

I won't argue this point any further cos I've used all 3 and you clearly haven't used any.

This back and forth is tiring. This is your own opinion but it defers from multiple revieews which says s6 has a better selfie camera. It's not even a contest with s7

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 25, 2017
PhonePlanet:

*palm to face*

First, i dont credit apple too much. Infact my last tread bashes the iPhone X. I only give them credits where they deserve unlike android fanboys and biased fans like you

As for you comments? Oya. Im sorry. I did not see them. Kindly tell me, quoting my moniker in it, how technologies like Face ID, animoji, a bionic chip, the new protrait modes and the likes are not first seen on the iPhone. Please remember to state every tech one by one. Thank you.

"Bionic chip is a chipset like every regular chip" we both know this is an ignorant and biased statement if you want to be honest with yourself buy its okay, i'll google out a link that explains bionic chip to you. Give me a sec.

*modified

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/09/13/3-things-you-need-to-know-about-apples-a11-bionic.aspx

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-a11-bionic-benchmarks/

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/apple-unveils-a11-bionic-neural-engine-ai-chip-in-iphone-x.html

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/the-apple-iphone-x-all-new-a11-bionic-chip-smokes-past-androids-best-a-closer-look-reveals-why-4039065.html

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/255780-apple-neural-engine-a11-bionic-soc

Sent multiple link you really need to read all to fully understand why the bionic chip on the iphone X is not "regular" as you think.
Please read all. Dont skip any, you need it.

*One more

http://mashable.com/2017/09/14/inside-apple-a11-bionic-and-silicon-team/#MiTbMo9OsOqz

The bolded answers it. On the iPhone yes on a smartphone No.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 25, 2017
PhonePlanet:

Can you type/talk without throwing shades or insults? It makes you look pained. But you should be anyways. KEEP CALM AND LEARN

You quoted me wrong. I actually said "you will need apple ID to download apps from the store just as you'll need to sign on android to do the same!"

Obviously i was talking about play store, i mean!! Do i literally have to type out P L A Y S T O R E ??

Okay. Lets see who does not know what he is saying. Heard of "play protect"?? Obviously No dont even think of lieing. The playstore which is the number one source of android apps and most monitored still has an inbuilt service called "play protect" that scans an all and make sure its safe for installation before installing. Ok so now, i dont know anything like you said, tell me if any other android apps source from wherever that has the same or similar service.....

If you are a a blogger then you will be a terrible one because you will confuse your readers.

The emboldened birthed this long back and forth. An average reader will conclude that a Google account is a MUST have in other to install apps on Android devices and j negated that.

Yes, you only needs it to download via platstore which you just said. You might have known what you meant earlier on but does every consumer knows this? Hell No!
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by aku626(m): 5:05am On Sep 25, 2017
ewizard1:

Okay, but read your post and tell me why it should be labeled a "SMARTPHONE" and try to compete with ones that out-perfom it!

it's very funny!
Nothing I said disqualifies it from being a smart phone, it's secured and doesn't go down the path others do doesn't disqualify it, except you're finding it difficult understanding why it's called a smart phone or the definition of a smart phone
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ItsJonathan(m): 6:23am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Common, you are writing false lines.

First moden smartphone wasn't the iPhone but rather Nokia
First modern OS was WebOS then Meego

First smartphone with AI capabilities were Lenovo PHAB then Asus Zenfone.
FaceID is synonymous to Iris scanning which are on some Android devices. And Face unlock system have been available on Android since the days on ICS. Apple isn't the first to these things. Pls don't misrepresent facts

"2000 – Symbian becomes the first modern mobile OS on a smartphone with the launch of the Ericsson R380. 2001 – The Kyocera 6035 is the first smartphone with Palm OS. Microsoft's first Windows CE (Pocket PC) smartphones are introduced."

AI and AR are two different things
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ItsJonathan(m): 6:26am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Why are you fond of writing lies? iPhone X is $999 while Note 8 is $939. With the Note 8, you have the Spen, wireless charger which you have to pay north of $200 to buy from Apple, live focus and other goodies bags. They are both expensive phones while Note 8 is quite cheaper

Portrait on iPhone x is live focus on Note 8
FaceID on iPhone x is Iris scanning on Note 8

Did you just write Bionic chip. Common don write like you don't know anything, ain't a smartphone supposed to have a chipset ?

Easy with the trash you write dude

How much is Apple Pencil and wireless charger if you were to add? A smartphone is supposed to have a chipset, doesn't mean they all have the same chipset. You can not compare bionic A11chipset with any other mobile chipset.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ItsJonathan(m): 6:27am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Plain nonsense.

How is iPhone X the first phone with AI tech when Lenovo PHAB and Asus Zenfone does just that with Tango technology? I have replied all these in my previous comments. You write loads of lies oo

Are you so dumb to know AI and AR are two different things?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ItsJonathan(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2017
PhonePlanet:

Sure. And open your phone to security risks

He has never had a malware leave him. Oh wait, he doesn't have anything meaningful in his phone.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ItsJonathan(m): 6:34am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Where did you get this information from?

It cost $412.75 to make the iPhone X, and if you did economics you'll know the higher the capital cost the higher the profit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December / I Need Driver Software For Mt6225 Chinese Phone / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.