Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products (19853 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Most Expensive Apple Products That Would Make Girls Mad, Coming To Nigeria Soon / UBA Launches "Leo" Services On Apple Business Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

If you are a a blogger then you will be a terrible one because you will confuse your readers.

The emboldened birthed this long back and forth. An average reader will conclude that a Google account is a MUST have in other to install apps on Android devices and j negated that.

Yes, you only needs it to download via platstore which you just said. You might have known what you meant earlier on but does every consumer knows this? Hell No!

1st First im not a blogger

2ndly im pretty much sure the person i replied (whom i was talking to) should understand what im saying. But i understand people like you (who i wasnt talking to) will have trouble understanding what i mean, but then its fine, ill break down my comments from now on. wink
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

The bolded answers it. On the iPhone yes on a smartphone No.

Okay. Like you said, i dont know anything. Mr know-it-all, can you kindly name a smartphone that has a bionic chip which has a built in neural engine?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
PhonePlanet:

Okay. Like you said, i dont know anything. Mr know-it-all, can you kindly name a smartphone that has a bionic chip which has a built in neural engine?

Bionic is just a grammar. It's a marketing word.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

This back and forth is tiring. This is your own opinion but it defers from multiple revieews which says s6 has a better selfie camera. It's not even a contest with s7

I just had to check these your "multiple reviews" to see if I'm an idiot. And I wasn't.

Most of the reviews if not all say exactly what I'm saying "The iPhone 6/SE is better than the s6/s7 in color reproduction" The Samsungs win them on video, lowlights and detail (due to the higher megapixel).

An iPhone gives the best daylight selfie consistently than any phone out there. Even iPhone 7's front facing last year still murders all the phones this year. You'll hardly see an eye dropping selfie that isn't an iPhone. A droid's rear camera is utilised more.

Go for a real world testing and stop relying on "multiple reviews". Use some of these phones before you argue with people that use them as their daily driver. Or you can do your research yourself on your "reviews". I'll be waiting

Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Decale:

I just had to check these your "multiple reviews" to see if I'm an idiot. And I wasn't.

Most of the reviews if not all say exactly what I'm saying "The iPhone 6/SE is better than the s6/s7 in color reproduction" The Samsungs win them on video, lowlights and detail (due to the higher megapixel).

An iPhone gives the best daylight selfie consistently than any phone out there. Even iPhone 7's front facing last year still murders all the phones this year. You'll hardly see an eye dropping selfie that isn't an iPhone. A droid's rear camera is utilised more.

Go for a real world testing and stop relying on "multiple reviews". Use some of these phones before you argue with people that use them as their daily driver. Or you can do your research yourself on your "reviews". I'll be waiting

Lol

Mind pasting the links of the "multiple reviews"

Daylight shots aren't a big deal anymore as misrangers will give you beautiful shots. Don't be sentimental when writing, there are more iPhones in the wild than Android flagships so its expected to see most of those shots and besides, iPhone dominates the American market and as we know, their stuffs are everywhere.

How can iPhone 7 front camera murder the competitiors this year when your "multiple reviews" states that it excels only in daylight shots. There are different angles to judge a camera
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Bionic is just a grammar. It's a marketing word.
Did you read the links i sent you?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Mind pasting the links of the "multiple reviews"

Daylight shots aren't a big deal anymore as misrangers will give you beautiful shots. Don't be sentimental when writing, there are more iPhones in the wild than Android flagships so its expected to see most of those shots and besides, iPhone dominates the American market and as we know, their stuffs are everywhere.

How can iPhone 7 front camera murder the competitiors this year when your "multiple reviews" states that it excels only in daylight shots. There are different angles to judge a camera

Lol. You're the one that said "most reviews put s6 front camera ahead of". I asked you to paste link where s6 was better than iPhone 6 in light selfies. I can quote Pcmag, phonearena, etc just on the first Google page. I don't want to get caught by spambot

You don't know much about cameras then cos daylight selfies are where the deal is. People don't utilise secondary cameras for HD videos or lowlight shots/night shots as much as the shots.

I've used note 4, s6, note 5 for Samsung and iPhone SE, 6 and 6s plus for ios. And all those iPhones front cameras are better than my s7 that I'm typing to reply you right now. There is no basis for the sentiments.
If it's anything, you're the one with the least rational posts.

You haven't used any iPhone in recent memory, other than reading what is on the internet. That right there denotes you have no argument against the iPhones

I'm not talking about iPhone 7 secondary camera. That has more than "daylight shots". And yes, it beats every phone out there including details, video, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Decale:

Lol. You're the one that said "most reviews put s6 front camera ahead of". I asked you to paste link where s6 was better than iPhone 6 in light selfies. I can quote Pcmag, phonearena, etc just on the first Google page. I don't want to get caught by spambot

You don't know much about cameras then cos daylight selfies are where the deal is. People don't utilise secondary cameras for HD videos or lowlight shots/night shots as much as the shots.

I've used note 4, s6, note 5 for Samsung and iPhone SE, 6 and 6s plus for ios. And all those iPhones front cameras are better than my s7 that I'm typing to reply you right now. There is no basis for the sentiments.
If it's anything, you're the one with the least rational posts.

You haven't used any iPhone in recent memory, other than reading what is on the internet. That right there denotes you have no argument against the iPhones

I'm not talking about iPhone 7 secondary camera. That has more than "daylight shots". And yes, it beats every phone out there including details, video, etc.

Who takes phonearena serious? You cant conclude daylight selfies in the deal with front camera? iPhones might take better daylight selfies but it's gets beaten in other departments. Xperia XZ and G5 takes better daylight selfies than iPhone 7.

I don't need to own a product before knowing it in out. I've got pals and some of my chics who use it and most dont even know about their phones besides basics tasks and social media.

Most recent phones takes good shots in daylight. Even my old Z10 takes good daylight shots. That's not where selfie cameras excel like you want me to believe. If that holds any water, why do OEMS bump up camera specs? Why include selfie light on mid range and low-end phones? Why use the screen as flash on high end phones?

There are more to camera than just daylight shots?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
ollah1:

Who takes phonearena serious?

Well, I gave you review sites. You're yet to give me though

iPhones might take better daylight selfies but it's gets beaten in other departments. Xperia XZ and G5 takes better daylight selfies than iPhone 7.

Lollllllll
Even if I believe this hogwash, at least we both agree these 3 phones take better selfies than s7

That's not where selfie cameras excel like you want me to believe. If that holds any water, why do OEMS bump up camera specs?Why include selfie light on mid range and low-end phones? Why use the screen as flash on high end phones?

Here we go again.

Most cameras shoot daylight shots. If you improve on one part of the camera, will you leave the others hanging? How does that connote growth? Some fit flashes as a marketing strategy or selling point
The best DSLRs even the just released Nikon d850 require studio lights, diffusers, strobes and what nots to improve the low light photos. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fitted with a full frame sensor to make the shots take better

Most professional photographers do well to avoid night photography as well as the developers. You concentrate on your strengths and make it the best. This is why an iPhone's selfie is more aesthetically pleasing than most droids. This is not rocket science

There are more to camera than just daylight shots?

Of course there are.

But since most smartphone cameras are more of daylight/portrait/selfies. Add that with the fact that a smartphone with an f/1.4 aperture will still take bad low light photos than the lowest DSLR, do people buy smartphones cos it takes photo better with their LED flash?

LOL...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 26, 2017
Decale:

Well, I gave you review sites. You're yet to give me though

Gsmarena

Lollllllll
Even if I believe this hogwash, at least we both agree these 3 phones take better selfies than s7

Nope. Daylight selfies and not selfies

Here we go again.

Most cameras shoot daylight shots. If you improve on one part of the camera, will you leave the others hanging? How does that connote growth? Some fit flashes as a marketing strategy or selling point
The best DSLRs even the just released Nikon d850 require studio lights, diffusers, strobes and what nots to improve the low light photos. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fitted with a full frame sensor to make the shots take better

Most professional photographers do well to avoid night photography as well as the developers. You concentrate on your strengths and make it the best. This is why an iPhone's selfie is more aesthetically pleasing than most droids. This is not rocket science

Of course there are.

But since most smartphone cameras are more of daylight/portrait/selfies. Add that with the fact that a smartphone with an f/1.4 aperture will still take bad low light photos than the lowest DSLR, do people buy smartphones cos it takes photo better with their LED flash?

LOL...

S7 take better selfies than iPhone 7 in general
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by jayhk(m): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2017
All i know is my s8 cannot be rivaled..both the camera,beauty,design,water proofing nd ram /smooth running...my iris too is nice..just go get yourself a good samsung phone if you love specs and beauty ..If you love hype/Class get the Iphone 8..

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Themandator: 8:48am On Sep 26, 2017
ItsJonathan:

The iPad was not made for the Nigerian markets. If you have been abroad you'd know everyone uses a postpaid sim and pay bills at the end of the month

You are correct to state it was not made for the Nigerian market but why bring it here and does the ones abroad make calls, receive and send SMS ? ...and by the way, is there post paid data plans in Nigeria
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Decale: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2017
ollah1:

S7 take better selfies than iPhone 7 in general

Until you hold both phones in your hand and take selfies with it rather than read it from a book, your point is moot.

The iPhone 7 is better than the s7/s8 in daytime selfies 7 times out of 10

You can argue with whatever phone you're using since I have a defective s7.

This discussion is over

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by HarveyDeven: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2017
Apple products are considered premium, so having them is a way of boosting your social status.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 26, 2017
Decale:

Until you hold both phones in your hand and take selfies with it rather than read it from a book, your point is moot.

The iPhone 7 is better than the s7/s8 in daytime selfies 7 times out of 10

You can argue with whatever phone you're using since I have a defective s7.

This discussion is over

Defective. That concludes it
iPhone 7 is not even close to the S8 in anything.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by LolaCole1(f): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World / I Need Driver Software For Mt6225 Chinese Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.