Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad (617 Views)

Ahmad Amadi, Muslims Leader Denounces Islam, Converts To Christianity (Photos) / Happy Hijra, Happy New Islamic Calendar 1439AH. / Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad

Writing an assemblage of haikus in a short time seems to me as running flawlessly on the ocean waves, it takes imagination, zeal and readiness. But then, it is all possible for one who’s up for adventure.

A day to Hijrah, I was contemplating on writing a poem for the Islamic New Year. A sonnet came to my mind and I did to submit to a magazine.
Not long after that, a friend asked me what a Haiku poem was. I explained that it simply is a form of poem that contains 3 lines and 17 syllables, taking its traditional balance in mind which is a 575 line scheme, i.e, the lines contain 5, 7, and 5 syllables in each line respectively.

Although, there are other forms, this is the champion. Haiku can be traced back to Japan during the 9th century. Haiku at times is called “hokku” which means ‘light verse’.

Having written an example for my friend, the breeze of thoughts kissed my brain. I began writing on Hijra and the Haiku became ten, then twenty, till I wrote thirty and went for Salat Asr.

I pray Allah accept my prayer for my sujud had sprinkles of Haiku in it, I was so determined to make it 50.
Ma sha Allah, I wrote 60.

I told the Author of Oro n Bo about it and he was astonished, he encouraged me to check it well affirming the fact that it was a great challenge I had thrown at him.

My ink was about to exhaust when Meritborne messaged me, it was funny as he said,

“Are you possessed by madness?”, but my reply was “lol”.

I don’t want to bore you with reading this for you’ve got a lot to chew on, my broken pen landed me a round of 100 stanzas of Haiku. I’m happy and say Alhamdulillah….

This is my first poetry anthology, so, I’m giving it out as Hijra gift.

It may seem impossible that these 100 Haikus were written in a day, however, it isn’t the impossibility that matters, what matters are the hidden messages embedded in the seemingly few individual groups. The stories, encouragements, virtues and promises. I urge the reader to be as patient and as reflective as possible while reading to the last, it is the essence of penning at all.

I will like to thank Abdulalim Ajenifuja {Meritborne}, Tawfeeq {Aswagaawy} and my own childhood friend, Aisha {Nanabee} for their time in critiquing this work and providing encouragement to write more. I must say, we did this together.

To my friend Hussain who I so long to meet but oceans keep us afar, you did a great job, thank you for that cover, my heart is in love with it.

I thank you all after that which is given to the Almighty, Allah.

Ibraheem Ahmad
{TheBrokenPen}

I'll be sharing the poems here and You can also download the free book Here

1 Like

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
When a pen is broken, it spills its ink on a script; in most cases, it stains the book and
renders it a waste. Whatever script Ibrahim's BrokenPen spills upon, it makes one to
almost call it a scripture. This collection of poems is a must read as it takes you
through the very essence of Hijrah, the nostalgia and its message for today.
Ayeyemi Taofeek Aswagaawy
Author, Oro N Bo: Dripping Words.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Amidst the variants of opinions on the mannerism of the celebrations of a new year of
Hijrah, this budding writer has painstakingly written a formidable Haiku on Hijrah -
from the past, present, and lessons to be learnt from this year's Migration into a new
year. It sure is a call to the teachings of the Prophet in a very interesting way. Thumbs
up for a job well done.
Aisha Harun {Nanabee}
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
If I'm to tell generations to come about Hijra, I'll surely give to them this wonderful
piece.
HosseinThePoet

1 Like

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
Author’s Note
Writing an assemblage of haikus in a short time seems to me as running flawlessly on the ocean waves, it takes imagination, zeal and readiness. But then, it is all possible for one who's up for adventure.

A day to Hijrah, I was contemplating on writing a poem for the Islamic New Year. A sonnet came to my mind and I did to submit to a magazine.
Not long after that, a friend asked me what a Haiku poem was. I explained that it simply is a form of poem that contains 3 lines and 17 syllables, taking its traditional balance in mind which is a 575 line scheme, i.e, the lines contain 5, 7, and 5 syllables in each line respectively.

Although, there are other forms, this is the champion. Haiku can be traced back to Japan during the 9th century. Haiku at times is called "hokku" which means 'light verse'.

Having written an example for my friend, the breeze of thoughts kissed my brain. I began writing on Hijra and the Haiku became ten, then twenty, till I wrote thirty and went for Salat Asr. I pray Allah accept my prayer for my sujud had sprinkles of Haiku in it, I was so determined to make it 50. Ma sha Allah, I wrote 60.

I told the Author of Oro n Bo about it and he was astonished, he encouraged me to check it well affirming the fact that it was a great challenge I had thrown at him. My ink was about to exhaust when Meritborne messaged me, it was funny as he said, "Are you possessed by madness?", but my reply was "lol".

I don't want to bore you with reading this for you've got a lot to chew on, my broken pen landed me a round of 100 stanzas of Haiku. I'm happy and say Alhamdulillah....

This is my first poetry anthology, so, I'm giving it out as Hijra gift. It may seem impossible that these 100 Haikus were written in a day, however, it isn't the impossibility that matters, what matters are the hidden messages embedded in the seemingly few individual groups. The stories, encouragements, virtues and promises. I urge the reader to be as patient and as reflective as possible while reading to the last,
it is the essence of penning at all.

I will like to thank Abdulalim Ajenifuja {Meritborne}, Tawfeeq {Aswagaawy} and my own childhood friend, Aisha {Nanabee} for their time in critiquing this work and providing encouragement to write more. I must say, we did this together.

To my friend Hussain who I so long to meet but oceans keep us afar, you did a great job, thank you for that cover, my heart is in love with it.
I thank you all after that which is given to the Almighty, Allah.

Ibraheem Ahmad
{TheBrokenPen}

1 Like

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
Dedication

To the bird that couldn’t find her nest

To the homes frozen to death

To the trees whose fruits are dead

To the roads injured by trekkers

To the deserts welcoming strangers

To those school without students

To those widows who lost touch

To the Palestinians on the run

The Syrians who are lost

The Rohyingans slashed to ten

The Chibok girls far from home

To the Ummah

To our predecessors who suffered first

To all students far from home

To them and to you, I dedicate this book.
Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
INTRODUCTION

Words have their own world wherein they wield vast appealingly magical powers. One word spoken well and timely heals and kills. It is no different in this collection of haikus written by a budding poet.

Most powerful words ever existed are found to have been inspired by divinity. It is no wonder that having gone through this collection of a hundred haikus three solemn times, I can't but agree that they were borne of pure Inspiration.

Haiku, of Japanese origin, is a special type of poem that wields such wisdom and perspective that may never be found in other kinds of poetry. It is a three-line poem with a 5 7 5 morae. Though, this rule is not stifling, the first line contains 5 syllables, the second, 7 and the third, 5 again. To write one haiku takes a good journey through reflection, but to write a hundred...

In this poetical series are carefully woven appealing 100 haikus on hijrah, a direct mirror of reminisce that have come with deep description of the prophet's life and his sohabas. Their struggles and triumphs, sufferings and survival, trials, voyages, hopes, travails, unity, brotherhood, honesty, sacrifice, conviction, fearlessness and other virtues.

What most amazes is how the poet cuts through a wide range of esoteric Islamic themes with few words, driving and meandering at will into the topics with expertise, like a blind painter paints with his mind, dropping the colours here and there into a perfect nature, as is from the archive of hijrah.

Ibraheem Ahmad has really done an astounding job of inspiration! If this collection must die, it should as a seed in the heart of every living Muslim youth of today. It is a must read!

It is recommended mostly for the one whose resolutions towards the new hijrah are crawling, hopeless and unyielding. Again, it is to be read and shared!.

Abdul Alim Ajenifuja
Co-founder; Islamic World of Talents and Creative Minds - ISWOT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
Download the book Here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by Aswagaawy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
Wonderful.
Aptly written.
Powerful too

1 Like

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
Aswagaawy:
Wonderful.
Aptly written.
Powerful too
Assalam alaykum brother, are you the same Aswagaawy as presented in my post above?

1 Like

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
If you haven't downloaded the free e-book, go Here

In a peaceful town
Where the storyline begins
Mecca is the name

More than a thousand
Years of pain before victory
The days still count on

You know the story
How only memory stays
I miss him like breath

.....What Hijra Taught me.
Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by sino(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
It is another Hijrah!

If you haven't downloaded the free e-book, go Here

Hijra has taught me
In the cell of opened door
Travel for freedom

My acts seem to lie
When a friend sleeps on my bed
Sneaking out at night

The journey is far
Foes behind, my head they seek
Three nights in a cave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad by Aswagaawy(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2019
sino:

Assalam alaykum brother, are you the same Aswagaawy as presented in my post above?

Yes, Brother. In fact, It just got to my knowledge that sino is my friend Broken Pen. Well done.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Think About / The Xtain Are Here Again With The Fibricated Lair / The Seerah Of The Messenger In One Ayah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.