Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations (16832 Views)

Nigeria May Be Stripped Of Commonwealth Games Gold Medal / Man United Fans Slam Maguire And Call For Him To Be Stripped Of The Captaincy / Man City To Be Stripped Of 2014 Premier League Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by alobispot(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kenya were on Saturday stripped of the right to host the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN) following a meeting of the CAF executive committee in Accra.

The decision was announced at a media conference at Tang Palace Hotel after a one-day meeting of the African football "cabinet" headed by CAF President Ahmad Ahmad.
Slow preparations for the January 12-February 4 tournament led to a decision widely anticipated for several weeks.

A CAF inspection team departed Kenya in September to report that only one of the four venues was ready to stage the tournament restricted to home-based footballers.
Some CAF officials also expressed concern about the political situation in Kenya, where recently annulled presidential elections are set to be rerun late October.

It is the second time the regional economic powerhouse has lost the right to stage a CAF competition after being replaced by South Africa as 1996 Africa Cup of Nations hosts.

There has been media speculation that Morocco or South Africa may replace Kenya.

Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Sudan, Uganda and Zambia have qualified for the 2018 finals.

Kenya completed the line-up as the host nation – a position they now forfeit.

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/breaking-news-kenya-stripped-hosting-2018-chan-cause-slow-preparations/

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Ninethmare: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Every about kenya just tire me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by IamPatriotic(m): 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
CAF should say the truth, it's not as a result of shady preparation anything, but political instability and ethnic clashes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Jodista123maria(f): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
k for kenya
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by ExAngel007(f): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
move the tournament to nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Aare2050(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Only in Kenya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by luvinhubby(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Willing to bet 10k with anybody, Nigeria will be given the hosting right to compensate Pinnick for his risky loyalty to the new CAF president.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by tayo4ng(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
am not understanding.can someone explain to me better
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by oviejnr(m): 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
Them go use bleep finish the footballers, everybody go just dey fall for pitch. Sex is the cheapest thing in Kenya, don't ask me undecided lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Petersamuel8(m): 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Make em carry am come naija
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by bayocanny: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
ExAngel007:
Lol, Naija ke!. We lack the basic requirements to host the tournament

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Aare2050:
Only in Kenya
grin True...no pipe to direct it out...women just pee on themselves and wash up
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
ExAngel007:
ghana is likely hosting it

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
bayocanny:

Lol, Naija ke!.
We lack the basic requirements to host the tournament
but Nigeria hosted u-17 world cup twice n even CAF cup of nations, which other infrastructure are u talking about??

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by bayocanny: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
shervydman:

but Nigeria hosted u-17 world cup twice n even CAF cup of nations, which other infrastructure are u talking about??
Can you tell me the year in which we hosted the U-17 world cup and CAF cup of nations, can you compare the socio-economic and political terrain of that time to this present stage we are?.
Lots of factors comes into play when a country si selected to host a particular football tournament.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Myde4naija(m): 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
bayocanny:

Lol, Naija ke!.
We lack the basic requirements to host the tournament
that's not true, but Nigeria isn't just interested.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
bayocanny:

Can you tell me the year in which we hosted the U-17 world cup and CAF cup of nations, can you compare the socio-economic and political terrain of that time to this present stage we are?.
Lots of factors comes into play when a country si selected to host a particular football tournament.
the last u-17 we hosted was in 2009. if u're talking about political stuffs; fine, but saying we don't have infrastructure is not right. i'm not really sure if many African countries have the infrastructure we have.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by freak33: 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
they just want south Africa to qualify ni, bet me they will give it to south Africa.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by bayocanny: 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Myde4naija:
that's not true, but Nigeria isn't just interested.
Why are we not interested in something that will boom our economic.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by bayocanny: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
shervydman:

the last u-17 we hosted was in 2009. if u're talking about political stuffs; fine, but saying we don't have infrastructure is not right. i'm not really sure if many African countries have the infrastructure we have.
I understand where you are driving at, when I say "infrastructure" I'm not talking about buildings. I actually meant the kind of standard pitchs, training ground et al.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by ademusiwa3r: 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nigeria should apply for the games.. so I can show some of this illiterate the truth.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Abagworo(m): 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
There is one hilarious thread comparing little Kenya with Nigeria. Very funny country indeed.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by DONADAMS(m): 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kenyatta
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by MadCow1: 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Lucky Kenya..

These tournaments are a waste of resources and energy.

They put so much demand on scare resources to build new stadiums and hotels for a 3 week tournament and after that these stadiums become relics

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
bayocanny:

I understand where you are driving at, when I say "infrastructure" I'm not talking about buildings. I actually meant the kind of standard pitchs, training ground et al.
that's exactly what I'm talking about too......only south Africa n Egypt has better infrastructure(standard pitch, training ground et al) than Nigeria in the continent.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by DONADAMS(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
Abagworo:
There is one hilarious thread comparing little Kenya with Nigeria. Very funny country indeed.
lol..where??
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by kobijacobs(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kenya ke? they are only quick at committing outrageous immoralities

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by AreaFada2: 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
Maybe Kenya just use style dodge the thing sef. shocked shocked

That Uhuru looks like a wily fox to me.

All this kain jamboree wey no make sense.

Money scarce these days.
Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
luvinhubby:
Willing to bet 10k with anybody, Nigeria will be given the hosting right to compensate Pinnick for his risky loyalty to the new CAF president.
I follow you drop the bet, Nigeria is not hosting any CHAN. Na who wan release funds to upgrade stadium before January?..

Guy, drop your 10k make I use you chop this year grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Stripped Of Hosting 2018 CHAN Cause Of Slow Preparations by Evestar200(f): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Some of you here are saying Nigeria don't have the infrastructure to host the CHAN tournament.

I just want to Ask you guys, how many stadiums did Kenya have before they were given the hosting rights? Just one qualify Stadium, and the pitch is very bad, the rest of what they called Stadium is like training pitch, all those Delta State local government headquarters stadiums are far better than them.

Nigeria doesn't need a new stadium to host any tournament.

Nigeria have enough stadiums, what Nigeria need to do is renovate and upgrade some of the stadiums capacity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tyson Fury And Deontay Wilder Clash At Final Press Conference (Photos) / Granit Xhaka Is Arsenal's New Captain / Anthony Joshua Becomes OBE (Officers of the Order of the British Empire )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.