Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (17290 Views)

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? / Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription / Sony Mobile To Shut Operations In Africa & The Middle East By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by BlueRayDick: 12:17am On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

Pls don't make m laff! You are sounding u know it all but you don't even understand what I said you a just talking.

You held on to what I said on HITV based on reports which u claimed to be wrong. I don't mind if it's wrong but that doesn't mak my point invalid. U are just being too know here.

Whether it's by politics or whatever means, what I said is hope TSTV won't end up like HITV that won't survive for long.

For every 10 business created, 4 dies in the first 3 yrs and a further 5 dies at the end of 5 yrs and only two make it.

I pray TSTV does well but my point is clear. Operating for 3 yrs sef does n guarantee their future, after all HITV worked for a few years and died for whatever reason, so I'm saying for whatever reason hope they won't end like HITV. My point I simple and clear because many reasons can make a business fold. So don't take advantage of the HITV story u claim to know too well my points still stands.

I hope TSTV will not end up the HITV way. We have seen several stations leave dstv and Euro sport is among them and One gospel too. I'm just saying becos it takes a lot to get to dstv level which they built over time. If you rush and you get great growth. Will u b able to sustain the growth? So I hope they don't end like HITV because it's beyond just having stations.
Ok
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 12:20am On Sep 25, 2017

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 12:22am On Sep 25, 2017

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 12:25am On Sep 25, 2017

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laudate: 12:47am On Sep 25, 2017
Dexter247:
Why are you all sounding like Tstv's only intention is to take on Dstv.. can't they just operate like AcTv (launched in 2015), CTL, DaarSat, MetrodigitalTv etc.

Metrodigital Tv has all bein channels and has been operating for 4 years now.
Their sub is cheap too, only 3,300 or thereabout.

Tstv is here to stay.

Is DaarSat still operating?? shocked
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dasanctuary(m): 12:47am On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

Please read well before talking.

I already said with the proposed stations we are hearing, TSTV can compete. Didn't you see that one? Did I say who will win the market? That one is down to strategy but whether we like it or not, dstv remains premium brand.

Mind you I use the Explora and pay 12,100 for compact plus + extra view every month and if TSTV get things right that amount will crash. I always said this in my analyzes.

TSTV cannot crash because of price, remember the monopoly market of ECONET and MTN before GLo we all believe GLo will never succeed the competition then

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Caveatemptor(m): 4:05am On Sep 25, 2017
judgedredd22:

if you had any cerebral inclination, you wouldn't be asking this dumb question after reading my initial response!!

NB: the answer you seek is in-between those lines, use your brain (if you have one, that is!)

Look kid you don't wanna go down that route with me. Where your father's cerebral inclination stops is where mine starts.
I asked you a simple question and you went imto insults.
Answer the question I asked you. You mannerless dolt.

3 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dantedasz(m): 4:18am On Sep 25, 2017
judgedredd22:

I see that you are an FSTV agent.
You have failed to answer the question people are asking here and resorted to silly insults.
1. Is the BeIN channels football Commentry in English or Arabic?
2. Who owns the EPL rights in Africa?

Ever simple questions.
Any way all the lies will be exposed in a couple of days.

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laribari(m): 5:29am On Sep 25, 2017
dasanctuary:

TSTV cannot crash because of price, remember the monopoly market of ECONET and MTN before GLo we all believe GLo will never succeed the competition then

You see that you don't read well before talk? I said if TSTV get things right THE PRICE OF DSTV will crash, after-all I made mention of compact plus + extra for 12,100.

Did I say TSTV price will crash? Have they started self?

Please read before you dey talk go left and right. We are saying the same thing, so I wonder why u mentioned me.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laribari(m): 5:41am On Sep 25, 2017
laliga01:

Brother, thanks for all the write up, very educative and informative but the truth is, EPL right is the major thing holding down multi choice in nigeria.
If tstv can maneuver a way to show EPL matches along side dstv/ Gotv, forget other stations.
The market will break even.
Keynote: EPL/champions league is the selling point.

I agree with you and that was what finished HITV the moment they lost epl right to dstv. Every market has what drives it and football in Africa is massive.

For dstv Nigeria, football and Africa magic (women love this station especially when it tribal).

I personally want it to break even and force dstv to drop price cos personally, I pay 12,100 on my Explora becos I don't go to view center and I wish to be able to watch chelsea on any station they hide it cos at times they take matches to super sport channels that are restricted to higher bouquet. What I pay is too much, so I would also enjoy price reduction from dstv if TSTV does well. So I am not against TSTV at all.

3 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by princetom1(m): 6:56am On Sep 25, 2017
CHESTER48:
SuperSport is a South African group of television channels owned by Multichoice and carried on the DStv satellite platform. It provides sports content in South Africa and abroad. It also provides sports coverage in many other African countries. While beIN Sports is a global network of sports channels owned and operated by beIN Media Group, a spinoff of Al Jazeera Media Network. now i hope u see while they will beat dstv

I was reading on their Facebook page last night, that's the bein sport channels are internet based. I really hope not dou...
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

I agree with you and that was what finished HITV the moment they lost epl right to dstv. Every market has what drives it and football in Africa is massive.

For dstv Nigeria, football and Africa magic (women love this station especially when it tribal).

I personally want it to break even and force dstv to drop price cos personally, I pay 12,100 on my Explora becos I don't go to view center and I wish to be able to watch chelsea on any station they hide it cos at times they take matches to super sport channels that are restricted to higher bouquet. What I pay is too much, so I would also enjoy price reduction from dstv if TSTV does well. So I am not against TSTV at all.

Yeah...that's what almost all consumers want and I hope this tstv don't end up like Hitv.
We are paying much for dstv /gotv for viewing less.
Thanks for the insight thou...no info is a waste.
Do have a nice day.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2017
judgedredd22:

this is highly disappointing... don't you people have internet

goddamiit !!! information is everywhere on the web and you people keep coming up with dumbasss questions and trains of thought! haba!!!!

Brother thanks for your contribution but I don't understand where you are coming from.
What has your above statement have to do with multi choice market monopoly.
How is the Internet a solution?
I will be grateful if you can elaborate on it.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by muhdzed(m): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2017
MTN Data Purchase
Confirmed!
1GB #600
2GB #1200
3GB #1800
4GB #2400
5GB #3000

Call; 08100276696/08147141705

Whatsapp; 08100276696

After purchase, come and share a screenshot of the alert you received

Note; This is not a scam
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 7:53am On Sep 25, 2017
Caveatemptor:

Look kid you don't wanna go down that route with me. Where your father's cerebral inclination stops is where mine starts.
I asked you a simple question and you went imto insults.
Answer the question I asked you. You mannerless dolt.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2017
laliga01:

Brother thanks for your contribution but I don't understand where you are coming from.
What has your above statement have to do with multi choice market monopoly.
How is the Internet a solution?
I will be grateful if you can elaborate on it.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2017
Dantedasz:

You have failed to answer the question people are asking here and resorted to silly insults.

Ever simple questions.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2017
Dexter247:
Why are you all sounding like Tstv's only intention is to take on Dstv.. can't they just operate like AcTv (launched in 2015), CTL, DaarSat, MetrodigitalTv etc.

Metrodigital Tv has all bein channels and has been operating for 4 years now.
Their sub is cheap too, only 3,300 or thereabout.

Tstv is here to stay.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by kingtblackhoc(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2017
Dantedasz:

Ever simple questions.

just take a good look at yourself. Nobody will answer your questions cos it is too mumuish: only a mumu answer will do justice to ur question. U see? Dats y nobody will help u. When a stupid question is asked,it makes the person answering stupid too....
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by JiggyFighter: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2017
dasanctuary:
Love this meh!!

Most of your assertions are wrong, most especially concerning the ones that pertains to hitv's unfortunate shutdown. Y'all still keep saying the same old story despite fresh revelations currently made by the sponsors of the defunct company. For crying out loud, the two companies Hitv and Dstv both entered the bid for exclusive rights to air live epl matches and at the point Hitv won it and had to source for fund to pay the fee required they hit a dead brick. There was obviously a well planned conspiracy against the company as all the banks didn't decline giving out facility but rather kept on promising, claiming they were busy with the recapitalization shiiii. Multichoice didn't get it because of their deep pocket but rather because of standard chartered bank (a fellow south African company) perfected a loan facility for them and they paid while hitv could not get any Nigerian bank to sort him out.

Surprisingly two days after Dstv got the right, hitv was called by the bank to come get the loan as everything has been perfected. We all know that's medicine after death. It was just a well planned conspiracy. Tho it's a business world where you either eat someone or get eaten. But y'all should stop making it look like Dstv has some badass strategist doing some miracle up there. It's just simple, they understand the level of corruption in Nigeria and they use it to their own maximum satisfaction.

As for outclassing Dstv, i don't know what you mean by that. Obviously on a majority level the selling point of Dstv is the epl matches they have exclusive rights to show. We all know supersports are exclusive to Dstv so you don't expect them to have supersport on TSTV too. However, bein sports will take care of that if what am seeing on their site is sacrosanct. And they also have other stations that will substitute most of the glorified Dstv stations.

If TSTV have actually taken their time to study the market well, then I don't see them going down the way of hitv. It will just be like the case of the telecommunications industry. Nobody will die for each other, it will be live and let live.
Standard Chartered is not a South African company so you can dead your conspiracy theory there. And how could HiTV have won the rights if they didn't have money to pay to begin with? What did they use to win that DSTV didn't have? Also, why would Nigerian banks conspire with DSTV to block HiTV funding? To what gain? Excuses upon excuses.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 8:40am On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=60803741][/quote]

It's okay nigga, next time when see my comment, jump and pass.
Dnt come on my comment like you have something to offer.
You are Jon snow: you know nothing.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 8:45am On Sep 25, 2017
kingtblackhoc:

just take a good look at yourself. Nobody will answer your questions cos it is too mumuish: only a mumu answer will do justice to ur question. U see? Dats y nobody will help u. When a stupid question is asked,it makes the person answering stupid too....

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2017
laliga01:

It's okay nigga, next time when see my comment, jump and pass.
Dnt come on my comment like you have something to offer.
You are Jon snow: you know nothing.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by MabraO: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2017
laribari:

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.

The only feature I know Dstv got an edge over TStv wen dey launch is the box office. Which I know Dstv didn’t start with wen they came into nigeria market.
Mind u TStv got some African magic channels can’t say which for such, nd other channels Dstv boost with which I know ain’t theirs nd TStv got more added cool nd exciting channels too if trueky what I saw on their site is true.
If u ve ctl decoder u ll know bein sport re there nd they show all the match only hiccup is done re broadcast in Portuguise nd Arab but TStv got the English broadcast channels nd in HD most of their movie channels too re in HD or some sports channels re in HD in DStv. there is a reason ctl is not in Lagos due to competition which u know if u Abu satellite company can conquer Lagos the test is history.
For now I ll cross my fingers nd wait to see wot TStv got in stock for us
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 8:59am On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=60805427][/quote]

From ya mama's pussy.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laliga01: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=60805427][/quote]

You just entered the wrong shop nigga
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dam5reey(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2017
princetom1:

I was reading on their Facebook page last night, that's the bein sport channels are internet based. I really hope not dou...

You got it spot on, My thinking too..
Due to rights issues.. it may be only streaming only since the decoder support IPTV.. also Internet subscription is involved...

Other channels will be on the air, but sports will be pay as you watch Via data subscription....
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by judgedredd22(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2017
laliga01:

From ya mama's pussy.

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2017
laudate:

Is DaarSat still operating?? shocked

Yeap
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by tidedroid: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2017
Slayer2:
Please tstv we don't want.

It's DOA like star times.

If you guys don't have HD channels plus decoder way better than dstv's Explorer then I will pass. Not complaining.

Love dstv.
star times isn't dead.its got German,Italian and French ligue one.unless u're not a football lover then yes I guess its not a viable option like dstv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whatsapp May Introduce ‘unsend’ Option To Save You From Embarrasment / Phone Manufacturers That You Hate / Alex Ekubo, Bimbo Ademoye, Osas & Neo Joins Infinix To Launch NOTE 11 Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.