Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Christianizing Nigeria, Practical Steps. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianizing Nigeria, Practical Steps. (500 Views)

20 Practical Steps Out Of Sexual Sins. (part 17) / 20 Practical Steps Out Of Sexual Sins. (part 14 ) / 20 Practical Steps Out Of Sexual Sins. (part 4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianizing Nigeria, Practical Steps. by rexbuton: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
In response to what a notable Islamic scholar said recently on the Federal govt issuing Sukuk, I went to read up on sukuk, and found out that there is nothing special about it, there has been lots of criticism , as the sukuk end up being used to finance non-shariah compliant ventures, there is also a relatively poor understanding of the money transfer methods, and finally , all the countries practicing it are Islamic countries with the exception of the UK ( www.wikipedia.com/sukuk).He northern statesman told us lies, and buttressed his lies with bible passages, what blasphemy! Even the origin of his cited expression "dog in a manger " was completely incorrect too. Overall, and after considering all factors, Nigeria is not ready for sukuk, implementation at this time may indeed be an attempt at Islamizing Nigeria illegally.

Anyways.. Instead of always crying oppression and islamization, why don't we Christianize the country?

When we had our first contact with the foreigners, they brought trade. Attached to that trade was religion. Attached to religion was their culture. Gradually we assimilated them, transformed us, not like we had not been fine before they came, but subtly we had left our ways and customs and followed theirs. Theirs being polished and refined , though with liberal loopholes that were even more dangerous. They built schools, mission houses, hospitals, in many cases people paid a token for the staff welfare or didn't pay at all. Sometimes we had to trek kilometres to get to school everyday, trek kilometres to get to the hospitals, until bicycles were introduced. It wasn't too far in our eyes.
Back then, if you didn't attend church, your child would not be allowed in school. if you refused to send your child to school, the priest may even send people to fetch your child . If your child misbehaved, he would be detained in school during the holidays, and there was nothing the parent could do about it, because he knew his life revolved around the church, with all its appendages. All these while, the north was in relative darkness, held in the firm grip of religion but without the added benefits of healthcare and usable education.

Gradually the whites returned home, we took over, we continued for a while , then recently there was an explosion in churches and it all went to the dogs. Slowly the non Muslims adopted a commercial approach to all their endeavours and the Muslims slowly and gradually crept in. Though holding power most of the time, their main programmes were initiated and executed by foot soldiers. The doctrine of willful deception and lying ( Taqiyya) used extensively.

Today we are here, the so-called CAN is threatening to go to court over Sukut, when the bible states that Christians are not to go to court, along with previous errors, that should tell you that CAN cannot speak for Christians, can is a political body of non Muslims , it is a direct response to a perceived Islamic dominance.
To effectively counter Islamic Taqiyya, Christians should begin to act as Christ would have acted. With love , respect and wisdom.

1. Churches should establish schools, not universities, secondary schools, heavily subsidized or even free, funded with offerings and donations. I don't see the sense in establishing schools that only the rich can attend, when Jesus said it would be hard for the rich to enter the kingdom of God , except they give half of their wealth to the poor. Even if they want to say the University is a business arm of the church, it is still wrong, because Jesus would have frowned on that. He drove out the people doing business in the temple, and when he was sending out his disciples, he asked them not to take even a spare coat or money.
So build schools, primary and secondary, pay teachers from offerings , employ only qualified teachers.

2. In your schools , make CRK compulsory. Teach students the real Jesus, not the fake one that is being taught on the internet and on TV by the same people you say are fighting you. If I want people to know about me or my experiences, I would not leave it to outsiders , I would do it myself. The world, Nigeria inclusive , is experiencing real growth in the ranks of young people who do not know what to believe and what is the truth. Some of them metamorphose into atheists , others follow new age religions , some acknowledge that there is a God but do not know his purpose or how to reach him. These are the people that need help, they need guidance not condemnation, they need love not abuse.

3. The modern theory of building a church in every street is not really the best. We have reached a time in our history when we begin to deemphasize the church and reemphasize Jesus Christ. The monies spent on establishing a branch on every street should have been spent on sinking a community borehole or establishing a church run skills acquisition centre. You can't tell me that churches have to be close to people's homes that's why there must be a church on every street. When the same people go long distance just to get to work everyday and to get to the market. A church is supposed to be a community of its own, with a sizeable number of people , not 10 or 15. A church should serve as a planning base on how to take Jesus Christ's message to people's hearts and houses, not a place for business, or showoff or political speeches.

4. Churches should establish free maternity hospitals and free health facilities depending on their abilities. When people can relate to what they have benefited from a Jesus entity, it makes it difficult for them to speak ill about it tomorrow. Not when people have 16 churches on one road , and the only thing they benefit is traffic gridlock, how would they not come out to criticize the church? Even if services cannot be 100% free, at least let the services stand out , just like ECWA eye hospital in Kano. It is nearly impossible for there to be a riot and northern Muslims would go and burn that building, because they are the biggest gainers from its services. That is what I'm talking about.

5. Christians must begin to Jesus outsiders. It is not enough to give help to your brethren , it is even better to give help to non brethren. That is what Jesus Christ said. He says we must help unbelievers, that if we help ourselves, what difference does it make? Don't unbelievers help themselves too? Instead we must be different by going to help unbelievers, since that is something they may not do. However, helping them does not mean we will allow them draw us away from the body of Christ. Instead as we help them, we should tell them about Christ, and make them understand that we are following his instructions, and that he loves them dearly, even more than us that are already his.

6. Finally, as Christians we must give the general public tools on identifying fake Christians and fake prophets. And that tool is the word of God. Anybody who practices a version of Christianity contrary to the word of God is not a christian.

If we had been doing these things, nobody would talk about Islamizing Nigeria, it is not everything that you only pray for. Some things you also have to act on .
Re: Christianizing Nigeria, Practical Steps. by rexbuton: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
Like a friend mentioned , make free WiFi available inside church compounds and mission buildings. Make it open to the public. While people are there , play Chapters of the bible , the gospels preferably on speaker, not so loud but serenely. After a week , there would be people genuinely seeking Jesus . There is sufficient money to fund free WiFi.

i do not see any reason why churches cannot go into mechanized agriculture, not only would it contribute in solving hunger, it would create employment. Even when the church farms for its own sufficiency and welfare of the less privileged and destitute, there would the effect of drawing people closer to the source of their help

Mynd44
Ishilove
OAM4J

Kindly Push to FP
Re: Christianizing Nigeria, Practical Steps. by tartar9(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
LOL.Taking the old Missionary approach-bribing people to God.

Give them food on one hand and the Bible on the other.

A highly effective method indeed.
Re: Christianizing Nigeria, Practical Steps. by rexbuton: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
tartar9:
LOL.Taking the old Missionary approach-bribing people to God.

Give them food on one hand and the Bible on the other.

A highly effective method indeed.

not a bribe. I never mentioned bribing anyone. I said using good works to draw them. letting our light shine so bright, that people would see us and glorify our father who is in heaven.

(1) (Reply)

Insane Stories That Didn’t Make It Into The Bible / Controversy About The Sabbath / Freeze: Pastors VS Islamic Clerics- Responses From Sahara Reporter FB (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.