Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east (14735 Views)

There's No Shame In Apologizing For Failed Prophecies - Bishop Okonkwo Of TREM / Bishop Okonkwo – You Can Only Give What You Have / Bishop Okonkwo Speaks On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by yaqq: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
one of the problem of freedom of speech
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by PointZerom: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
nyabinghi:
what is the fat headed fool okonkwo saying, his head is flat and i am not baffled

Buhari's monkeys, pigs and baboons are the same.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by emerged01(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by ahnaija: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
One day I will become the president of this country, The north should know now, nothing, I said nothing will fall into their side except rain....

lastly, instead of North getting something, I would rather divided this zoo, we call Nigeria. am tired, am Yoruba and never will I be a slave to cow rearer

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Misslynx(f): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
No wonder the Northerners are the richest in Nigeria. oil money allocation to them and their families. while their slaves blindly hail them.
More power!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
IJOBA2:
LETS WAIT FOR OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS TO ACTIVATE THEIR CHRISTIAN MONIKERS FIRST.

MICHAEL004 MARKFEMI VICTORDANLADI WHERE UNA DEY grin
lmao
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by kings09(m): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
nyabinghi:
what is the fat headed fool okonkwo saying, his head is flat and i am not baffled
But if he had spoken in favor of ur tribalistic buhari-dullard, u would hail him. Hw much dem de pay una sef

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Elan83(m): 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Buhari is a strange shockin creature!
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
itsdumebi:
The General Overseer of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM), Bishop Mike Okonkwo has criticized president Muhammadu Buhari for his use of military force in the South-East over the activities of the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous people of Biafra(IPOB) group.

PoliticsNGR learned that Okonkwo also attacked the president over the recent construction of a railway to his hometown in Daura, asking 'What was the Economic benefit?'. Speaking to Vanguard, He said;

"We should not use violence to resolve our differences. Agitations like the one we have in the South-East will come but the solution is not moving armoured tanks there.

Like I said, these are not the days you use force or instruments of government to intimidate people because there are those who are willing to die. We should go to the negotiation table to resolve naughty issues. Take for instance recent appointments in the NNPC, why will people not agitate? This is one of the issues that make people agitate. You can’t give 10 slots to the North, three to the South-West, two to the South-South and nothing to the East and you want them to sleep. And you want Nnamdi Kalu not to talk again.

At times, I ask myself: who are the people giving advice to government? Why are they giving such advice? I just heard of a rail project being built from Kano to Daura. What is the economic benefit of that project? We can understand the one from Kaduna to Abuja…because people who live in Kaduna can commute to Abuja daily to work.

But in this case, show me the economic benefit of spending such billions to develop a rail from Kano to Daura? The states that generate these funds, we don’t have roads that connect them, how much more airport. The Asaba airport was built by the state government, not the Federal Government. The states that generate the funds do not have airports, no roads and you want them not to agitate? What’s really wrong? Is somebody playing games with people’s minds? Such things are not acceptable."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/24/bishop-okonkwo-blasts-buhari-use-military-force-south-east/

My Bishop nice one, well said. Great one you lent a voice over this matter. Bishop Okonkwo hardly speaks on issues. I hope they take these issues seriously..

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by conscienceman4(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rev Bishop, you supported and campaigned, voted for Buhari. So, do not complain again.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Paulismech: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
This Bihari's govt that claim to be saints will turn out to be d most corrupt and worse govt where tribalism is d other of d day. It's about time d other regions spoke in one voice to address this marginalisation. 3 to d west and 2 to south-south is nothing compare to what is given to d north, yet u want us to keep quiet.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by neonly: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
PointZerom:
All the presidents at the just concluded UN Assembly has gone to their various countries but Buhari has ran to London to waste tax payers money........... Buhari is mad.

grin grin grin grin grin grin nawo
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Paulismech: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Let us be realistic, if appointments are given by either d south or west president d way Buhari is doing now, do u think we can rest in this country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
taylor88:
10 NNPC positions to North, 3 to SW 2 to SS and 0 to SE

odiegwu

even when no Northern state has one cup of oil in their backyard

the sheepes SW got only 3 but will be ready to die in place of their masters

then we only got just 2 positions

then i ask, y is the rate of poverty and low standard of living still resides in the North

come to ph they all look dirty and hungry

no one can truly successfully cheat nature

The prodigal poto poto region want NNPC position and want secession at the same time
Is this not a clear proof of greed and confusion
SE POTO POTO NIGGERS should get their priorities right for God's sake angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by cstr1000: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
genghiskhan007:

The prodigal poto poto region want NNPC position and want secession at the same time
Is this not a clear proof of greed and confusion
SE POTO POTO NIGGERS should get their priorities right for God's sake angry
Scum.
If every Igbo man alive in Nigeria today was looking to secede, even your python dance would have no chance in hell of succeeding.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by enemyofprogress: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Na now him dey wake?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by kessyur: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
one of the men that deceived GEJ.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by freeze001(f): 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
datola:
Pastors should avoid dabbling into issues like train passing through Daura.

I agree with him on the militarily invasion of the east.

Why shouldn't he comment on the rail? Is it because he's no longer a Nigerian or not affected by the economy?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by GavelSlam: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
ahnaija:
Buhari,.... I hate u die

One day I will become the president of this country, The north should know now, nothing, I said nothing will fall into their side except rain....

lastly, instead of North getting something, I would rather divided this zoo, we call Nigeria. am tired, am Yoruba and never will I be a slave to cow rearer

But you are under him.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
cstr1000:

Scum.
If every Igbo man alive in Nigeria today was looking to secede, even your python dance would have no chance in hell of succeeding.
Goodluck to them....all I know is that 1 AK 47 is equal to 30 dead poto poto wawawawa troublemakers, so sit down and imagine 30,000 angry Fulani soldiers with 1 AK 47 each
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Deeldorado: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bolustical:
Imagine a pastor questioning the benefits of a rail line?

So because Daura is the hometown of the President, it doesn't deserve attention? It means a rail line cannot pass through it?

The pastor has indirectly insulted the whole people of Daura as if there are no commercial activities there.

If the Bishop was knowledgeable enough, he would know that almost every local government in the north contribute to the national food basket and thus a railway line wouldn't be bad for transportation.

I hope he questioned GEJ as to why he preferred to site the Federal University in Otuoke instead of Yenogoa.
The question is 'what is the economic viability of a rail line traversing Daura? Can it pay for itself?' It's purely an economic question. Stop with the propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
cstr1000:

Scum.
If I'm scum you're a lump of rotten poo waiting to be absorbed by the earth potopoto nigggggggger angry

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Emytea(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmm, naija pastors with politics, well talk watin u like al i no is that, IPOB MESSIAH ave run away
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by komekn(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
itsdumebi:
The General Overseer of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM), Bishop Mike Okonkwo has criticized president Muhammadu Buhari for his use of military force in the South-East over the activities of the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous people of Biafra(IPOB) group.

PoliticsNGR learned that Okonkwo also attacked the president over the recent construction of a railway to his hometown in Daura, asking 'What was the Economic benefit?'. Speaking to Vanguard, He said;

"We should not use violence to resolve our differences. Agitations like the one we have in the South-East will come but the solution is not moving armoured tanks there.

Like I said, these are not the days you use force or instruments of government to intimidate people because there are those who are willing to die. We should go to the negotiation table to resolve naughty issues. Take for instance recent appointments in the NNPC, why will people not agitate? This is one of the issues that make people agitate. You can’t give 10 slots to the North, three to the South-West, two to the South-South and nothing to the East and you want them to sleep. And you want Nnamdi Kalu not to talk again.

At times, I ask myself: who are the people giving advice to government? Why are they giving such advice? I just heard of a rail project being built from Kano to Daura. What is the economic benefit of that project? We can understand the one from Kaduna to Abuja…because people who live in Kaduna can commute to Abuja daily to work.

But in this case, show me the economic benefit of spending such billions to develop a rail from Kano to Daura? The states that generate these funds, we don’t have roads that connect them, how much more airport. The Asaba airport was built by the state government, not the Federal Government. The states that generate the funds do not have airports, no roads and you want them not to agitate? What’s really wrong? Is somebody playing games with people’s minds? Such things are not acceptable."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/24/bishop-okonkwo-blasts-buhari-use-military-force-south-east/

This CEO should stick to feeding his members his ideas of Christianity and stay clear of making remarks he clearly has no substantive idea about.

After 50 years of corrupt and unabated governance in the East perpetrated by Ibo Easterners he never once called them to task.

He simply showing his myopic bigotry, tribalistic parochialism. And he too will call himself a man of God.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
taylor88:
10 NNPC positions to North, 3 to SW 2 to SS and 0 to SE

odiegwu

even when no Northern state has one cup of oil in their backyard

the sheepes SW got only 3 but will be ready to die in place of their masters

then we only got just 2 positions

then i ask, y is the rate of poverty and low standard of living still resides in the North

come to ph they all look dirty and hungry

no one can truly successfully cheat nature

The north are not trying to cheat nature... What u see in the north is what they want.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by nyabinghi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
kings09:
But if he had spoken in favor of ur tribalistic buhari-dullard, u would hail him. Hw much dem de pay una sef
mumu oshi alayebaje
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
Misslynx:
No wonder the Northerners are the richest in Nigeria. oil money allocation to them and their families. while their slaves blindly hail them.
More power!!!

Who are the slaves to the northerners?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by biafran1stson(m): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
I salute the courage of Bishop Mike Okonkwo for speaking the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Bomi(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
MrMcJay:
The man made some solid points but as usual, the government is suffering from ear problems.

As for this Bishop Okonkwo, he should shut up. When Kanu threatened to kill Pastor Kumuyi if Kumuyi came for a crusade in Aba, where was this Bishop then? When Kanu threatened to bring Buhari's head to Aba, where was the hypocritical Bishop? He's in Lagos fleecing his members for money to buy jet.

The Biafran issue is a valid one but it's been spearheaded by political nonentities and hypocritical fellows like Uwazuruike and Kanu.

I believe the Ipob issue should have been tackled with superior ideological arguments. I met an ipob guy in the salon yesterday talking nonsense. After discussing with him for 5 minutes, he agreed with me that he was fighting a good cause in a foolish way.

Government presence in this country is presently lopsided. Can you imagine that a state like Kaduna that has Nigerian Military School, Nigeria Defence Academy, Nigerian Army Depot, Ahmadu Bello University, National Teachers Institute, Federal Polytechnic Kaduna, etc, is regarded as an Educationally Less Developed State?

There's a lot of injustice which time wouldn't heal but it'll only fester. We all have a date with the truth.
I can agree with you less. I am a Christian, Yoruba to the core. My view is that everybody is titled to his opinion on National issues. This include Igbos and duties of government includes keeping and maitain laws and orders within the geographical region.
In all government must ensure anybody's action or inaction should affect others.
Government must be proactive at all times instead we have another Boko Haram in our hand.
In as much as Igbos areentitle to self determination they must go about this respecting co stituted uthorities until the refrandum is conclude.
Caution to all. Operation pyhton dance is preamble.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by myrrtle(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
itsdumebi:

Sarki, hope you've read this. as you come here everyday to support the devil. may Allah forgive you for being so evil

1 Like

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by mickijoe: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Some one should talk to them. They need to be aware.
Keeping quiet doesn't help us.
Good one big Daddy1
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east by Headlaw(m): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bhella5:
Why is it so easy to slam the FG by the same people who would have called NK to order when he was playing with fire. First it was Saraki and now Bishop Okonkwo. I expect him to cover his face in shame for not being pro active.

Attack the message not the messenger. Truth always hurts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists To Sue Governor Udom Emmanuel / Ogun Government Adopts Korede Taiwo, The Chained 9-Year-Old Boy / Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.