Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei (1943 Views)

What Will Happen To Saraki, Dogara If They Dump APC – Senator Girei / Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party / Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
POLITICSBiafra: Igbos are their own worst enemies – Senator GireiPublished on September 24, 2017 By Chijioke Jannah

A Chieftain of All Progressive Congress (APC) Senator Abubakar Girei, has said Igbos are naive and the worst enemies of themselves.

The ex-lawmaker, who represented Adamawa Central in the Senate, between 1999 and 2003, said that all attempts to make late Sen. Chuba Okadigbo to be president in 2007 were scuttled by the political elites in Igbo land.

He said this in an interview with the Sun Newspaper against the backdrop of the recent proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

Girei, who is also the Vice-Chairman of the northern socio-cultural group, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), said: “To be honest with you, the North feels that the political naivety of the people of the south east has been exposed because I don’t see how people with the intelligence, education, experience and the spread the Igbo have in this country and even beyond could be talking about secession when you own the whole of Nigeria as far as we are concerned.

“We stand to be corrected and you are now talking of limiting yourself to the south east you call Biafra. I mean this is the height of political naivety. How I wish the likes of Chuba Okadigbo were alive. With his political sagacity he would have really called the Igbo to order.

“As the landlord of Nigeria why should you be talking of going back to a small hamlet called Biafra? Honestly this is my opinion and I believe this is the opinion of most people in the North. People that are so blessed throughout the country. Is it not the Igbo that own this country, you think it is the Hausa-Fulani? The Hausa-Fulani don’t own this country. It is the Igbo that own this country. You find them all over this country not as shoe shiners, nail cutters or water hewers. You find them as businessmen making money, owning properties, creating wealth

“Let me tell you. You remember what happened in 2002, 2003? I was in the Senate with Chuba Okadigbo and the others. We came together and then networked with the then APP, negotiated and changed the name of the party from APP to ANPP, negotiated a slot for the vice-presidency to be given to Chuba Okadigbo. It was not Buhari that made Chuba Okadigbo his running mate. Buhari simply accepted it.

“It was a negotiated deal between our group, the Chuba Group nationwide and the APP as a political party which chose to change its name from APP to ANPP. They then conceded the vice-presidential slot to us, to Chuba Okadigbo in person which Buhari accepted and endorsed. Buhari also accepted to do only one term of four years only; that is between 2003 and 2007 and then power would have automatically gone to Chuba Okadigbo, an Igbo man from the south east of Nigeria.

“That was the negotiation. That was our own agreement. It was our own internal agreement. If it had succeeded we would have sustained it. It would have automatically followed because Buhari would have respected that. He stood for it. We stood for it and we would have gotten Chuba to be president by 2007.

“Of course, the South easterners aborted it.

“I was in it. I was in Oyi in Anambra State in Okadigbo’s village during the election. All the Igbo ganged up against ANPP. They went and negotiated with Obasanjo and voted PDP. In fact, they did not allow Chuba himself to cast his vote in his village. That was what happened. I was there. I was in Oyi village live during the presidential election of 2003. I was not alone. We were about eight former Senators and prominent northerners who went there to support Chuba Okadigbo as our vice-presidential candidate. The south east completely rejected that. That is why we always wonder if these people are really politicians.

“This very Ben Nwabueze, I and Chuba Okadigbo visited his house in Lagos. We were there. His house is not very far from Chuba’s house in Lagos, in Apapa to be precise. I accompanied Chuba. We were there; I and the former NPN National Secretary, Uba Ahmed. I remember very clearly that we visited him as one of the prominent leaders of Igbo to brief him about this arrangement. There was no prominent Igbo man that we didn’t brief about this arrangement. They all knew. So, when we see them girating about this IPOB and other things…my friend, the Igbo as far as I am concerned are the ones dragging us down.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/24/biafra-igbos-worst-enemies-senator-girei/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't have anything to say

Preparing for my birthday

I want to invite Nnamdi KANU

I want him to come out of hiding

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by taylor88(m): 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sarki who know where u dig this one from

Just to get ursef turned on and masturbate on it

Guy u really need Npower by month end

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
What the Mallam is saying in essence that Igos refused to vote for ANPP that had never won a presidential election before. Tomorrow someone will wake up on the wrong side of the bed and tell us how they presented an Igbo VP in KOWA party but were rejected by Igbos. You wonder why all the attempt to make an Igbo man president is never in the ruling party. I see the lord of host punishing so many people before the year runs out.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
The ex-lawmaker, who represented Adamawa Central in the Senate, between 1999 and 2003, said that all attempts to make late Sen. Chuba Okadigbo to be president in 2007 were scuttled by the political elites in Igbo land.

Argue with your brain

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by eshietIntrepid(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
I agreed, especially their lerders they re the ones that sold out the igbos to the north, good example is Okorocha

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by DieBuhari: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oya Yoruba muslims come and support him.
A Fulani master has spoken.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by taylor88(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

Birthday filled with bitterness and hatred

I spit on this day

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
taylor88:
Hmm

We stand to be corrected and you are now talking of limiting yourself to the south east you call Biafra. I mean this is the height of political naivety. How I wish the likes of Chuba Okadigbo were alive. With his political sagacity he would have really called the Igbo to order.

Prove him wrong

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Alariwo2: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Of course they are, but they will never accept.

Instead of holding their useless leaders in the East for their misfortunes in Nigeria, it's Yorubas they curse and hate all their lives.

Same way they blame wise pa Awo over Ojukwu for their deaths during civil war as if Yorubas owe them any love or obligation.

I can go on and on.. is it the land tussles and unreasonable deaths ontop property we should talk about?

I really wonder how their life in biafra would be.. jungle sef go better pass am

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by taylor88(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

We stand to be corrected and you are now talking of limiting yourself to the south east you call Biafra. I mean this is the height of political naivety. How I wish the likes of Chuba Okadigbo were alive. With his political sagacity he would have really called the Igbo to order.

Prove him wrong

Chuba okadigbo is now ur hero and mentor

Hate and sentiments will drain u

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
taylor88:

Chuba okadigbo is now ur hero and mentor

Hate and sentiments will drain u

Argue that point and stop

Ranting uncle

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
taylor88:

Birthday filled with bitterness and hatred

I spit on this day

I was in it. I was in Oyi in Anambra State in Okadigbo’s village during the election. All the Igbo ganged up against ANPP. They went and negotiated with Obasanjo and voted PDP. In fact, they did not allow Chuba himself to cast his vote in his village.

What about this ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by taylor88(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

Argue that point and stop

Ranting uncle

U can't even give space for posters on ur own thread

U finally derailed it with hate speech,

Now i remember it's 6 days to month end, u need ur salary

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Alariwo2: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
I agreed, especially their lerders they re the ones that sold out the igbos to the north, good example is Okorocha

you forgot Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ekwueme and so many others.. It's their pocket and little crumbs they'll get first before their kinsmen.

See what Awo's Legacy of Education has done in SW.. Zik had equal opportunity and resources to transform SE but what changed? Nothing!

They can't even make lemonade from lemons (erosion, landlocked et al plaguing them). It's other people's homes and lands they find attractive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
What the Mallam is saying in essence that Igos refused to vote for ANPP that had never won a presidential election before. Tomorrow someone will wake up on the wrong side of the bed and tell us how they presented an Igbo VP in KOWA party but were rejected by Igbos. You wonder why all the attempt to make an Igbo man president is never in the ruling party. I see the lord of host punishing so many people before the year runs out.

You do realize the Igbos had a shot at the presidency during the November 2014 APC Presidential primaries in the person of Rochas Okorocha but even before the aforementioned primaries, Okorocha's fiercest opposition and critics were the Igbos themselves . The irony of it.

The APC was the most formidable rival to the then ruling party, the PDP.

You know what makes it worse? Even if the Igbos are presented the presidency on a platter of gold on either platforms of the two major political parties, they'd still scuffle and fight amongst themselves and never agree on a consensus candidate from Okorocha to Orji Kalu to Peter Obi to Ngige.

That, mister, is what is holding the Igbos back.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by myrrtle(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

As you thank God for adding a year to your life, pray that he gives you the wisdom to know how to use your common sense, cos your views here and what you stand for is irritating to a sane human being. grow up Sarki!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Sprumbabafather: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Alariwo2:

you forgot Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ekwueme and so many others.. It's their pocket and little crumbs they'll get first before their kinsmen.

See what Awo's Legacy of Education has done in SW.. Zik had equal opportunity and resources to transform SE but what changed? Nothing!

They can't even make lemonade from lemons (erosion, landlocked et al plaguing them). It's other people's homes and lands they find attractive.

Keep lying to your zombies. Awolowo free education made the south west poorer.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Blue3k(m): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
Buhari also accepted to do only one term of four years only; that is between 2003 and 2007 and then power would have automatically gone to Chuba Okadigbo, an Igbo man from the south east of Nigeria.

Really Buhari needs to confirm this story. Why only one term? Does he plan on doing one now?

All the Igbo ganged up against ANPP. They went and negotiated with Obasanjo and voted PDP. In fact, they did not allow Chuba himself to cast his vote in his village. That was what happened. I was there.

Too wild to believe. Your telling me people stopped a vice presidential candidate from voting in spite of all the security. The part about SE rejecting you oh well that's how the cookie crumbles.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by 7lives: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

I was in it. I was in Oyi in Anambra State in Okadigbo’s village during the election. All the Igbo ganged up against ANPP. They went and negotiated with Obasanjo and voted PDP. In fact, they did not allow Chuba himself to cast his vote in his village.

What about this ?

This is precisely what they did to CHRIS NGIGE when he tried to become the Governor of ANAMBRA state under ACN.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by CaptainG00D: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hmm
Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:
POLITICSBiafra: Igbos are their own worst enemies – Senator GireiPublished on September 24, 2017 By Chijioke Jannah

A Chieftain of All Progressive Congress (APC) Senator Abubakar Girei, has said Igbos are naive and the worst enemies of themselves.

He said this in an interview with the Sun Newspaper against the backdrop of the recent proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

Girei, who is also the Vice-Chairman of the northern socio-cultural group, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), said: “To be honest with you, the North feels that the political naivety of the people of the south east has been exposed because I don’t see how people with the intelligence, education, experience and the spread the Igbo have in this country and even beyond could be talking about secession when you own the whole of Nigeria as far as we are concerned.

“We stand to be corrected and you are now talking of limiting yourself to the south east you call Biafra. I mean this is the height of political naivety. How I wish the likes of Chuba Okadigbo were alive. With his political sagacity he would have really called the Igbo to order.

“As the landlord of Nigeria why should you be talking of going back to a small hamlet called Biafra? Honestly this is my opinion and I believe this is the opinion of most people in the North. People that are so blessed throughout the country. Is it not the Igbo that own this country, you think it is the Hausa-Fulani? The Hausa-Fulani don’t own this country. It is the Igbo that own this country. You find them all over this country not as shoe shiners, nail cutters or water hewers. You find them as businessmen making money, owning properties, creating wealth

“Let me tell you. You remember what happened in 2002, 2003? I was in the Senate with Chuba Okadigbo and the others. We came together and then networked with the then APP, negotiated and changed the name of the party from APP to ANPP, negotiated a slot for the vice-presidency to be given to Chuba Okadigbo. It was not Buhari that made Chuba Okadigbo his running mate. Buhari simply accepted it.

“It was a negotiated deal between our group, the Chuba Group nationwide and the APP as a political party which chose to change its name from APP to ANPP. They then conceded the vice-presidential slot to us, to Chuba Okadigbo in person which Buhari accepted and endorsed. Buhari also accepted to do only one term of four years only; that is between 2003 and 2007 and then power would have automatically gone to Chuba Okadigbo, an Igbo man from the south east of Nigeria.

“That was the negotiation. That was our own agreement. It was our own internal agreement. If it had succeeded we would have sustained it. It would have automatically followed because Buhari would have respected that. He stood for it. We stood for it and we would have gotten Chuba to be president by 2007.

“I was in it. I was in Oyi in Anambra State in Okadigbo’s village during the election. All the Igbo ganged up against ANPP. They went and negotiated with Obasanjo and voted PDP. In fact, they did not allow Chuba himself to cast his vote in his village. That was what happened. I was there. I was in Oyi village live during the presidential election of 2003. I was not alone. We were about eight former Senators and prominent northerners who went there to support Chuba Okadigbo as our vice-presidential candidate. The south east completely rejected that. That is why we always wonder if these people are really politicians.

“This very Ben Nwabueze, I and Chuba Okadigbo visited his house in Lagos. We were there. His house is not very far from Chuba’s house in Lagos, in Apapa to be precise. I accompanied Chuba. We were there; I and the former NPN National Secretary, Uba Ahmed. I remember very clearly that we visited him as one of the prominent leaders of Igbo to brief him about this arrangement. There was no prominent Igbo man that we didn’t brief about this arrangement. They all knew. So, when we see them girating about this IPOB and other things…my friend, the Igbo as far as I am concerned are the ones dragging us down.

trash trash trash

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
sekxy:
[s][/s]

Argue with the points above

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
taylor88:

U can't even give space for posters on ur own thread

U finally derailed it with hate speech,

Now i remember it's 6 days to month end, u need ur salary

Mechonu

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by dustmalik: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
One thing about the igbos is that they hate being told the truth. In fact, anything that even as much as smells like the truth, they'd hate it with great passion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by nwabobo: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

We didn't reject Chuba, we rejected Buhari know g who he was/is. With benefit of hindsight now, everybody can now agree that we were right to reject him.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by sarrki(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
nwabobo:

We didn't reject Chuba, we rejected Buhari know g who he was/is. With benefit of hindsight now, everybody can now agree that we were right to reject him.

Really ?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by FriendNG: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:

You are wrong. ANPP is the largest opposition then, Buhari is it candidate. Had Igbo voted for him woudnt the votes increased?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by wingmanII: 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

You do realize the Igbos had a shot a the presidency during the November 2014 APC Presidential primaries in the person of Rufus Okorocha but even before the aforementioned primaries, Okorocha's fiercest opposition and critics were the Igbos themselves . The irony of it.

The APC was the most formidable rival to the then ruling party, the PDP.

You know what makes it worse? Even if the Igbos are presented the presidency on a platter of gold on either platforms of the two major political parties, they'd still scuffle and fight amongst themselves and never agree on a consensus candidate from Okorocha to Orji Kalu to Peter Obi to Ngige.

That, mister, is what is holding the Igbos back.
Rubbish! So because Igbos want the president then they should present a character like Rochas? To hell with your presidency. Shove it up your a... Rse.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by TheSonOfMark(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
wingmanII:

Rubbish! So because Igbos want the president then they should present a character like Rochas? To hell with your presidency. Shove it up your a... Rse.

Featherbrained scoundrel, if you had half the intelligence of a jellyfish, you'd have comprehended that Okorocha's emergence was the most recent, notable one on a formidable platform (the APC).

Mention was made of other notable Igbos like Peter Obi , Ngige and the likes who are rumoured to be jostling for the GCFR position in 2019. You have a grouse with all of them too, orangutan?

Just like your sobriquet suggests, you'd always be the wingman in the scheme of things until you learn to love yourselves as against the selfish disunity you are known for.

Dimwitted, myopic irrational Cururu toad!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei by Eastfield1: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
lolz this people are not yet tired of telling our own story for us. when we have our own mouth & know our history

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku's VP Choice - Sen. Ben Murray Bruce And Prof. Charles Soludo Being Vetted / 2019 Elections: What Obasanjo Must Do For PDP To Defeat Buhari - Markarfi / 2019: PDP, SDP, APGA, 39 Other Parties Move To Produce One Candidate .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.