Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com (19874 Views)

Four Ways To Hack Your Neighbors Wifi Password On Android In 2021 “no Root” / How To Remove Privacy Protection Password On Itel A33, P33 And P33plus / How To Find Your Wi-fi Password On Android & IOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by mayorkun(m): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2017
It is time to get rid of the notion that using a password for your devices means you have something to hide. This will help prevent sensitive data like banking and account details, social security details, corporate email information etc. from being unnecessarily compromised.

1. To Avoid Pocket Dialing

Pocket dialing, especially for smartphones and even basic phones, can be humorous or annoying, but most annoyingly because your airtime is being wasted without your knowledge. Here, a preloaded phone number can be dialed when a person has a phone in the rear pocket and sits on it, or if the phone gets ‘jostled’ in a purse or briefcase. This occurrence will be reduced, if not eliminated, if your device was locked with a passcode.

2. To Protect Your Private Information

Symantec, a leading security software maker, conducted an experiment to encourage smartphone users to protect their private information. In the experiment, a phone was loaded with fake password, banking information, emails and photos, and a tracking software was installed on it to monitor what people will do with the phone when found. At the end of the experiment, the result showed 72 per cent looked through photos, 57 per cent checked out saved passwords and 43 per cent accessed the phone’s online banking app.

3. To Prevent Unwanted Prying Into Your Business

This goes without saying. Nosy friends, partners or family members who want to know about ‘every and anything’ you are doing, will have a field day with your ‘password – unprotected’ device. To protect your privacy and avoid unbelievably embarrassing and awkward scenarios, it’s best to password your device and encourage these friends, partners or family members to simply ask you questions about whatever they want to know.

4. To Monitor Others’ Use of Your Device

This is important especially if you have children that like to play with your devices. In the process of moving from one game app to another, children can keep your device running without rest till your battery runs down, regardless of the power situation. Also, without a password, a child can easily pick up your device and while looking for their favourite app, mistakenly rearrange, hide or delete sensitive information on your phone.

5. In Case of Theft

Theft is a sudden and unexpected occurrence. You don’t exactly see it coming. In the case of the theft of your device, it will be better for you if there is a security lock on your device. This is because it gives you some time to inform your bank and other relevant institutions about the theft, before the thief is able to use personal data gotten from your device(s) against you. For some devices like the iPhone, once your device is stolen and it’s password-protected, it’s easier to remotely lock and wipe it.

Source; http://www.techknowng.com/2017/09/why-you-should-put-password-on-your.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Techknowng(m): 7:14am On Sep 25, 2017
Puskun
Dragnet
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by ITbomb(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2017
I only put passwords when I'm with kids

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Flashh: 10:16am On Sep 25, 2017
Because of babe. The strong AppLock that comes with my phone too, never disappoints my locked apps.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by owomida1: 10:17am On Sep 25, 2017
Thanks jare.

Girlfriends hope u are now enlightened

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 25, 2017
to avoid ur babe/guy bursting u cheesy
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by coalcoal1(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2017
ok but I still won't lock my phone. I have nothing to hide

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by brightgreat(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2017
And this graced FP.....#issokay
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by PassionateSoul(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by adepeter2027(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2017
Only ya 1st point made lots of sense.

Yà last point is arrant bvllsh!t

Wipe factory setting gonna make it simple.

O
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
infinix hot 4 pro
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Financialfree: 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by IAMSASHY(f): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
cheesy bad guy cheesy
yeyerolling:
to avoid ur babe/guy bursting u cheesy
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Cunninlinguist: 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
To prevent Okoman them from accessing my mojo cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Harrynight(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by meforyou1(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
coalcoal1:
ok but I still won't lock my phone. I have nothing to hide
wait, until the phone is stolen
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by MillionDollars: 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
Put ur phone in your pocket without locking it, you will realize you have been registered for Jamb without knowing grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Tbillz(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
K

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by cremedelacreme: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2017
Na who we go come follow now. Some say don't password your phone in case of emergency, so that whoever that collects the phone will have access to your loved ones. The main reason why i password my phone is to limit unauthorized access by babes. grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Harbeyg09(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2017
Always on password since 1960

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by xreal: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2017
And during accident or emergency.... no one will be able to access contact of family or friend. God forbids such situation.

I will not lock my phone for any reason.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by rossyc(f): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2017
I always password my phone.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by FEARLESSDUDE: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2017
To prevent Ibadan girls

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by JaffyJoe(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2017
ITbomb:
I only put passwords when I'm with kids

Why? Got some Nyomi Banxxx in the gallery? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Bigshow84: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2017
Thanks jare.

Girlfriends hope u are now enlightened grin

Lol
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Homeboiy: 10:23am On Sep 25, 2017
Lock ur gallery n calls also
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Blessytee(f): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Fp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self / My Nitel Sim Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.