Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? (14916 Views)

My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction / Slay Queen Poses On Her Mother’s Coffin In Her Grave During Burial In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by honey001(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
As often as possible....

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by ahamonyeka(m): 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
She can call her as many times as she can.for your own case maybe the girl is the one in charge or you are a poor man that got married to a rich daughter.

Iye ni iye!!!

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by zyzxx(m): 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Abiagirl777:
It only means she's confiding in her.If you've not been engaging in meaningful comm. with her,she'll find someone to talk to,thank God it's even her mum not social media/friends.Nature abhors vacuum
what now the diffrence to what are mum is doing? it arent right for mother to be having such conversation with her daughter at that hour else she has something she is up too.

make is stop.before i scatter matter... it just not sound well at all

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by oshe11: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
kwb567:
While we dated she rarely called her mum and vice versa . Then all of a sudden 2 years after marriage her mum calls more than thrice a day and duration of at least a call lasts for 1 to 2 hours usually from 9 pm . The annoying part is most times its at night when my wife and I are supposed to be share our thoughts. Most times these calls usually ends in sending my wife on errands that piss me off. Is this normal/OK?

Go n sit down jare U dntav a problem

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by birdsview(m): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
If you ask us,na who we go ask?? In the words of omawummi

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by begwong: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
When she's in za oza room..
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by FitnessDoctor: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
kwb567:
While we dated she rarely called her mum and vice versa . Then all of a sudden 2 years after marriage her mum calls more than thrice a day and duration of at least a call lasts for 1 to 2 hours usually from 9 pm . The annoying part is most times its at night when my wife and I are supposed to be share our thoughts. Most times these calls usually ends in sending my wife on errands that piss me off. Is this normal/OK?

My friend what kind of son-in-law are you? Get close to her mother too, infact invite her to stay with both of you for a week. there is more to this than meets the eye and even if you ask your wife she wouldn't tell you the whole truth or might even say both of them are having women talk.
But, how can you marry a woman without being close to her mother in the first place?

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by ndiboy01(m): 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
kwb567:

Meanwhile, Trouble is when you're in class
and your dick decides to stand up for no
reason then your teacher calls you to clean
the blackboard.
Lord of mercy
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by koolguy88(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
It depends
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by koolguy88(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
When the need arise
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by Mrkumareze(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
My bro. Just dey manage, every hike has it's own lapses . Yours is still far better than others who's wife calls other men out there. Just initiate a call immediately she drops her call. Talk endlessly, believe me she 'll be the one to bring up the topic on how to manage the calling time and hours. Then you can table what you want in a way she wouldn't notice your pains .

2 Likes

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by koolguy88(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Not all the time shaa
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by koolguy88(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
or once a month.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by koolguy88(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
I will not accept this in my home. This give rise to unnecessary cookies
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by sharpwriter(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
TheArchangel:
For her to be calling her mother often means that you are not her close confidant. You lack that basic skill to be her confidant, little wonder she is confiding in her mum instead.
That's not true, dont blame the young man. Some ladies are just foolish and still live in children's world. I have dated a lady before that told me that she will love her mother more than her husband. Now, do you think that such a lady will listen to the husband's advice over her mother's? Woe betide the man if the lady's mother is a bad one, because she will be a bad influence on her daughter, and from observation, girls like this seldom have a mind of their own. They are easily influenced to act foolishly by mother or friends. Mind you, I am not against the friendliness of a man or woman with their mothers, but they should know that an adult is an adult and things should be done moderately.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by Pat081: 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
D woman base in wc state or country ?? N wc work is she doing 4 her to b calling 2 to 3 hours on phone or she did hold any post in dis APC government
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by iwakacome: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
ImaIma1:
It is not right in this situation. There must be a balance. Her mother shouldn't be calling that often and staying that long on the phone. She is intruding in their time together.

She might be trying to check on her daughter and see that she is ok but she should realize that her daughter's duty,attention and time is first to her husband because they are now one and she should give them space. She has relinquished full rights to her daughter and handed it to the husband.

The daughter herself should let her mum understand that she cannot stay that long on the phone. Little by little these loops will affect their marriage. Little hinges swing huge doors.

Try spend more time with your wife and let her know without fighting her that she is spending too much time with her mum.
so on point. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
Whenever she receives those call, you sef make a phone call without disclosing the recipient, and then go chill for one nice joint watch soccer or have some drinks, come back home after some hours, repeat it for 2-3 nights (of course your joystick has to hibernate for those days), na she go delete her mama number,

Send me Seamans schnapps to thank the elders for wisdom

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by ojlifa: 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
been married for almost 10 years,i have come to learn women like to defend what they can not take,they like to do a lot of rubbish then expect you to take it.so let me ask you if your husband is doing same with his father.hope you wouldn't mind been informed that you are not his confidant nor do you have the basic skill to be his confidant

TheArchangel:
For her to be calling her mother often means that you are not her close confidant. You lack that basic skill to be her confidant, little wonder she is confiding in her mum instead.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by ikp120(m): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dude, you married the wrong person!

Marriage is the biggest scam in the world today! angry
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by ojlifa: 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
my brother do not mind this people.put your foot down,ask her if she is married to her mother or yourself.if she refuse to change ,do like i did,from work head straight to hang out with the boys,if she calls tell her you are given her time to talk well with her mother .nothing wrong with talking with her mother but 3 times a day mean,all instruction for your house comes from her mother,everything you do dayly is reported to her mother. in fact just know you do not have family secret .and i tell you from experience to achieve anything together would be very difficult because after convincing your wife,then you have to prepare for her mother and in most cases the mother would only look out for her daughter not the hole family

kwb567:

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by WOruGunu(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
My mother inlaw won't dare

I swear I will send her daughter to her straight up then they can av the whole time to talk shit.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by nkemdi89(f): 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Whenever she starts making the call, initiate instant romance abi you don't know her weak ni? No one will tell her when she will drop the call. Digital marriages of today.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by refreshrate: 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
ImaIma1:
It is not right in this situation. There must be a balance. Her mother shouldn't be calling that often and staying that long on the phone. She is intruding in their time together.

She might be trying to check on her daughter and see that she is ok but she should realize that her daughter's duty,attention and time is first to her husband because they are now one and she should give them space. She has relinquished full rights to her daughter and handed it to the husband.

The daughter herself should let her mum understand that she cannot stay that long on the phone. Little by little these loops will affect their marriage. Little hinges swing huge doors.

Try spend more time with your wife and let her know without fighting her that she is spending too much time with her mum.

The only person with sense here.

The wife is giving most of the attention she should give to her husband to her mother. All these ones are talking nonsense, till the man finds another woman who makes him feel like he's the most important thing to walk on God's green earth by giving all the attention ever needed. Then someone would probably end up going to her mother's house so they can talk well well. It's that time things will be clear to everyone.

I don't know how people fail to get their priorities right.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by hotspec(m): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
Guy, ure in for a serious problem. Ure sitting on a keg of gun powder and a time bomb is already tickling. Both wife and mum are already planning coup for u. Watch ur back. That means your wife has some secrets she can't share with u again. Watch her picking up new habits and dancing to her mother's advice.

Sorry bro
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by refreshrate: 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
WOruGunu:
My mother inlaw won't dare

I swear I will send her daughter to her straight up then they can av the whole time to talk shit.

This is usually how these matters end up. Unfortunately by the time it gets here the man sef would have already gotten one lady who gives all the attention he needs.

Wife's family will now be calling for family meeting upandan when one cardinal rule in business & even relationship don't let that key person taste the competition. Refusal to listen to the family na, dem go say the boy is too stubborn.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by hotspec(m): 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
kwb567:

Guy, ure in for a serious problem. Ure sitting on a keg of gun powder and a time bomb is already tickling. Both wife and mum are already planning coup for u. Watch ur back. That means your wife has some secrets she can't share with u again. Watch her picking up new habits and dancing to her mother's advice.

Sorry bro
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by OkunrinMeta: 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2017

Baba go and watch ball na, or drink beer. She will get the message and adjust. Any other course of action can make you look bad or needy.

Football and beer was invented for this very reason, to keep men company when their wives are busy talking to their mums.

Oh and video games too. Everyone need a little alone time, you may find that you like it.

She will still come and give you the full gist eventually.

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by refreshrate: 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
hotspec:

Sorry bro

Oga what are you even saying sef?

The wife and the mother are planning what?

Their house no get door? Or station wagon canor enter their compound?
Let them try it ...they will know it's not only airtel that has bundle package.

Come you don marry sef wey you dey give advice above your social grade?

1 Like

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by rookiy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
u sure say na her mama ,she fit dn save d number as mumsi 2..check well ohh ..he fit be landlord ohh
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by Sebastine1606(m): 12:42am On Sep 29, 2017
kwb567:

If her mum calls her too often, expecially at night when you supposed to be together and reasoning "child birth " and family matters, then it's way too much, sometimes they (mothers) do this to find out of the daughters are happy, which is wrong, she don marry, she don marry be dt, let her go... Most marriages have broken coz of this
Mine almost broke up, till I sent the daughter far away from me with the kids, oya na, come and call..... angry angry
40/min,by the time she calls 2 mins, no be person go tell her when she hear "your airtime has want to finish mummy" grin
Take heart bro, use sense handle am shaaaa.. . Pele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deep Freezer Decision.. Please Help. / What Will Make You Disown Your Child? / Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.