Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,092 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:44 AM

How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? (14855 Views)

Wife Catches Her Husband Sleeping With Her Mother In Nasarawa / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / Slay Queen Poses On Her Mother’s Coffin In Her Grave During Burial In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
TheArchangel:
idgaf sir
U do MA angry angry

Remember during cold weather angry U dooooooo angry angry
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by TheArchangel(f): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
jaybillionaire:

U do MA angry angry

Remember during cold weather angry U dooooooo angry angry
Jay the billionaire, I just dont. Can you get me a job in any NGO, you know I am asking for a friend embarassed tongue
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
mumumugu:
you no welloooo. na mama na....if na papa I for suspect

are u sure she did not store ur lover's name as mama so u wont suspect, women can be cunny, u know. but truly sha, talk 2 her dat u dont like it.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
TheArchangel:
Jay the billionaire, I just dont. Can you get me a job in any NGO, you know I am asking for a friend embarassed tongue

Lool :Dfunny enough my path dont cross with ngo but a while ago I came across some ngo Jobs forgotten where now though undecided
But I believe ngo jobs are easy to come by though
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by daraj: 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mine is the opposite,it is my mother inlaw that calls my husband and they can talk for 1hr, she doesn't call me to ask how am faring I always do the calling,whenever she calls is because she couldn't get her son on the phone.and now whenever I know she is calling her son mostly very early in the morning I just leave the room cos I know it's going to be a long call.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by Sebastine1606(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
daraj:
Mine is the opposite,it is my mother inlaw that calls my husband and they can talk for 1hr, she doesn't call me to ask how am faring I always do the calling,whenever she calls is because she couldn't get her son on the phone.and now whenever I know she is calling her son mostly very early in the morning I just leave the room cos I know it's going to be a long call.
You see? It's a two way thing
What's good for the Jews, is also good for the Gentiles
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by eyinjuege: 8:12am On Sep 30, 2017
ImaIma1:

So the mum should call every night and spend an hour. A wise mum should ask about the husband and let the daughter get off the phone to be with him.

You don't know the reason the mother keeps calling her daughter daily after work.
The OP himself said it started 2 years after their marriage. What if the mother is going through some challenges in their family? Who else would she talk to if not her grown up children?
I'm even surprised some people are saying the mother is teaching her child how to run her home. Why is coming to people naturally that mother and child are discussing about the OP? Someone that didn't disturb you for 2 years after you guys got married. A controlling mother would interfere immediately after marriage or even before the marriage.
Because a mother calls her child for an hour everyday doesnt mean the wife will still not sleep on the same bed with her husband, doesn't mean she didn't get back from work and cook for him, doesn't even mean they cannot spend any meaningful time together. She equally could have spent that same hour of 9-10 pm watching her favourite telemundo and she also will not pay attention to her husband that period.
Being a husband or wife doesn't mean your partner fell from the sky, and doesn't have other people who depend on her/him. It's stupid to make a permanent decision over a temporary situation especially when mama never used to be like this.
OP should be more concerned about the issues bothering his mother-in-law, and how they can help in their own little way to resolve it.
The wife spends roughly 10 -12 hours at work/commuting, 1 hour with her mum for now. The remaining 10- 13 hours is spent at home with her husband.
Re: How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? by ImaIma1(f): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
eyinjuege:

You don't know the reason the mother keeps calling her daughter daily after work.
The OP himself said it started 2 years after their marriage. What if the mother is going through some challenges in their family? Who else would she talk to if not her grown up children?
I'm even surprised some people are saying the mother is teaching her child how to run her home. Why is coming to people naturally that mother and child are discussing about the OP? Someone that didn't disturb you for 2 years after you guys got married. A controlling mother would interfere immediately after marriage or even before the marriage.
Because a mother calls her child for an hour everyday doesnt mean the wife will still not sleep on the same bed with her husband, doesn't mean she didn't get back from work and cook for him, doesn't even mean they cannot spend any meaningful time together. She equally could have spent that same hour of 9-10 pm watching her favourite telemundo and she also will not pay attention to her husband that period.
Being a husband or wife doesn't mean your partner fell from the sky, and doesn't have other people who depend on her/him. It's stupid to make a permanent decision over a temporary situation especially when mama never used to be like this.
OP should be more concerned about the issues bothering his mother-in-law, and how they can help in their own little way to resolve it.
The wife spends roughly 10 -12 hours at work/commuting, 1 hour with her mum for now. The remaining 10- 13 hours is spent at home with her husband.

There is still no justification and excuse for it. There mustbe a balance. No matter the challenges her mum might be facing...calling every night and talking for an hour is not the way to go. What challenge is it that takes one hour every night to discuss? Think about it. One hr EVERY NIGHT.

My mum inlaw only calls at that time only if there's an emergency and she hardly stays on d phone for long. She is a widow and my husband is the first son which makes him her husband who she discusses everything with but she hardly ever spends up to 30mins.

When you get married, there should be respect for your privacy and home by your family even your mum. The fact that she can call in every night doesn't speak well of her. Most families i see in my tribe don't interfer when u are married especially at night when something is supposed to be going down!!.

Imagine my husband coming back from work and the time i should be spending with him...i spend an hour of it on the fone with my mum. How? When the marriage starts crumbling i will kuku go and stay with my mum so that we can have all the time to TALK.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Accidentally Got My Sister Pregnant / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? / The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.