Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) (21973 Views)

FG Lifts Suspension On Humanitarian NGOs In The Northeast / Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian / “not Even UN Can Stop The NGO Bill” – Umar Buba Jibril For House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Brymo: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2017
Is this bill, necessary in such a time, when most governmental structures are epileptic, is this the only way to stifle the sources of funds 'non-governmentally' sourced for terrorism. I see this, has using a tsar bomba to settle a civil unrest.
Does the content of the NGO bill shows control or regulation?
Digest these documents and see reasons to contend or concur with the bill.

4 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Stonerobaba(m): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
its okay. Most of these NGOs needs serious monitoring as large percentage of generated funds are expended on personal interest.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by YomzzyDBlogger: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ok
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by benosky(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
I think this government is gradually switching into a TOTALITARIAN SYSTEM. The bill sounds so good on the surface but digging deep I believe this is a dangerous piece of legislation.

Imagine when your local contribution ( osusu by igbos, ajo by Yoruba's) can't operate anymore without authorization from abuja.

The speed at wish the bill scale through the first and second reading makes it more suspicious.

I think this government is up to something with this (ambiguous bill) .

I just pray the effect won't be more than what we presume.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Ayo4251(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
K
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by chinoxstock: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
I see churches but I see no mosques...

Somebody talk to me.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by maximunimpact(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by NaijaFutbol: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ok
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by chinoxstock: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Why can't the christains be in their own country while the Muslims stay in their own country?

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hmmm. Why Do we need NGO since Nigeria isnt having War and what's the use of those government agencies established for welfare of citizens?

What's the use of the Nigerian senate self

3 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by DONSMITH123(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Let me park here to read more comments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
I saw Churches but I didn't see Mosques. Somebody clarify please. And what is the meaning of 'etc' in the context of that line?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by DeutschJunge: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
Some people are just born to hate^^^^^
Can't you see that at the end of the sentence they included "etc" doesn't that mean mosques are included?
Must you cry foul in everything? Are you trying to say there are no Christians in the committee that came up with that bill.. come on mahn.. stop that mentality, its weak and disgusting..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Badboiz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nobody is contributing anything meaningful, including me too.

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by steroid: 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
This must be rejected by Nigerians

13 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by maxti: 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
Am glad this made Fp

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Kraspo(m): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
THIS IS REALLY BAD FOR NGOs IN NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by nnamene55(m): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please help me.
I always get banned on nairaland.
What is my fault and how can i right it?

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
They are trying to get something big from their supporters.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Edopesin: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
The World is watching

4 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Rapuru14: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
I'm not unnecessarily cynical; but from all indications it is a sinister bill from the caliphate.

Dead on Arrival

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Dis bill is irrelevant undecided

3 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by omowolewa: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
The crafty way Mosques and African Traditional Religion was not included in examples of NGO speaks volumes.

The aim of any NGO regulation should be to ensure they carry out their mandates not seeking to regulate pools of fund already taxed abinitio.

Tithes for example, has already been taxed in the hands of Church members before it's donated. Therefore, it not an income to the church but funds held in trust. The duty of trust is between Church and it's members regarding its usage. Not Government's headache.

Government should not go against the.constitution by cripple freedom of associations in the name of regulations.

NGOs remains a vehicle to achieving Corporate Social Responsibility which government failed to do or not obliged to do.

Wake up Nigerians

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by IJOBA2: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
ISLAMIZATION AGENDA

GOD PASS PROPHET BUHARI [PISS BE UPON HIM]

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by 1miccza: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Very unnecessary if you ask me. It only gives way for our already corrupt system to completely destroy the activities of these NGOs

11 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by chinoxstock: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
nnamene55:
Please help me.

Lol

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Integrityfarms(m): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
So whatever the NGO does that doesn't suit the government such as SERAP, Amnesty International, BBOG, Ourmumudondo etc that pits the government on edge, their license will be withdrawn and they will be prosecuted.... What makes the bill good for the common man, knowing how wicked and heartless our political leaders are?

The Steps To Tyranny.

.... quench freedom of speech

... Scuttle freedom of expression

... Muzzle up the voice of public opinion

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
K
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by ekensi01: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
chinoxstock:
I see churches but I see no mosques...

Somebody talk to me.
Are you A Nigerian?

You are just joking, afterall Mosques only produce Alamanjiris
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
nnamene55:
Please help me.
Just be of gud behaviour angry

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by maxwell767(m): 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin soon they will place regulatory body for Bloggers and social media users lipsrsealed

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Arrestors Of Today Would Be Arrested Tomorrow - Fayose Reacts / Abubakar Aliyu: Why We Can’t Generate 5,000MW Of Electricity / ‘Wike Has Squandered Over N120bn In 100 Days’- Rivers APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.