Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (83846 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2017
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2017
eeeeeeewww. what the hell? thank God i'm not a member of such a religious church. too many rules
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 26, 2017
motun2017:
as a girl born and brought up in deeperlife i can tell you. you dont wanna wish your eneemy dt kind of wedding (funeral) mtcheew
My dear, the one I saw broke my spirit. I felt for the lady. Imagine having to tie a wrapper on your wedding day while the groom is on Suit?
I dated a deeper lifer some time ago and he was talking marriage. He was trying to tell me how to live my life, how to wear what he feels is right, do what he says.i told him bluntly to go and marry his church member

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 6:47am On Sep 26, 2017
reminiscing:

My dear, the one I saw broke my spirit. I felt for the lady. Imagine having to tie a wrapper on your wedding day while the groom is on Suit?
I dated a deeper lifer some time ago and he was talking marriage. He was trying to tell me how to live my life, how to wear what he feels is right, do what he says.i told him bluntly to go and marry his church member
and you think the Church mandated her to do so?
Have attended about two Deeper Life wedding, Babe, What I saw wasn't the shit people post here, most of you guys are just exaggerating.
What if I wasn't close to some Deeper Life Members?
I would have to believe those crap?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 26, 2017
Then they might as well not even take any pictures. I wouldnt want to remember how nasty I looked on my own special day. Nothing is appealing about looking "humble"...it's all in the heart. if you have the money, indulge yoself. nothing sinful about that!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 6:52am On Sep 26, 2017
Blueberrie:
Then they might as well not even take any pictures. I wouldnt want to remember how nasty I looked on my own special day. Nothing is appealing about looking "humble"...it's all in the heart. if you have the money, indulge yoself. nothing sinful about that!
That was where you married?
You look nasty because you have no money?

Common, don't abuse or regret your wedding, you are sounding like, Someone who doesn't love her marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 6:53am On Sep 26, 2017
profolaolu:
I am sure U are a clown claiming to brought up in Deeper Life because we don't groom whores, their ears are never pierced, stop ur blasphemous comment or receive the imminent wrought of God
Most have you are educated but brainwashed fellow

So, that a lady has her ears pierced makes her a wh'ore?

Most of you are not religious, you're only being archaic and uncivilized in reasoning cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2017
reminiscing:

I dated a deeper lifer some time ago and he was talking marriage. He was trying to tell me how to live my life, how to wear what he feels is right, do what he says. I told him bluntly to go and marry his church member
Can't stop laughing

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Most have you are educated but brainwashed fellow

So, that a lady have a pierced ear makes her a LovePeddler?

Most of you are not religious, you're only being archaic and uncivilized in reasoning cheesy
Civilization?
Civilization has nothing to do with the Bible
Can you define the word?
Some crimes might be traced to civilization, Bro, the word civilization got me weaked up because it doesn't add up and shouldn't feel up that space!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 26, 2017
JoshMedia:

That was where you married?
You look nasty because you have no money?

Common, don't abuse or regret your wedding, you are sounding like, Someone who doesn't love her marriage

Hey, I'm not even in marriageable age yet! But when my day comes, I definitely wouldnt accept anything close to what this church demands. I'll only have one wedding in my life, so better make it special, beautiful and memorable...not like as tho it's one ordinary day. I get that they are trying to look humble..but I think humility starts from the heart, and if God blesses you with wealth then you should enjoy it to the max.. provided you dont worship the wealth or look down on others cause of it.. and yes.. you cant deny the fact that they honestly dont look appealing to the eye!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by wristbangle: 7:03am On Sep 26, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
LoL! I wonder why she behaves like that! Her own Spirituality is Suicidal nah, Jesus our role model wasnt like that, My saviour was very Social nah when he came to earth to save humanity! Jesus no send, him just dey relate wella with People if you Good him go make u better! If you bad, him go make you become the best ask the samaritan woman, and the other famous Prostitude, even meself yes me, a wretch, the vilest of sinners, him waka cum meet me as i dey change my Life, even when him hang for cross him still save a condemned criminal! Now thats contact without contamination! Most christains from these ''Holiness movement'' churches need reorientation sha, No mind my pigdin english ooo

Well said sir
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UjSizzle(f): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2017
Afam4eva:
Every sane human being should reject deeper life weddings. Even though i never wedded there, i experienced a lot of deeper life weddings as a guest. From the uninspiring printing gown worn by the gown to the nwa teacher tailored suit coat worn by the groom and the fact that food is never enough. The most annoying thing is that after the church wedding you all the guests have to match begind the couple and singing this song...

I'm gong to meet the lord
Where he goeth, i will go
Where he liveth, i will live
His people shall be mine
bla bla bla
Oh my sweet Jesus!
Lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2017
JoshMedia:

Civilization?
Civilization has nothing to do with the Bible
Can you define the word?
Some crimes might be traced to civilization, Bro, the word civilization got me weaked up because it doesn't add up and shouldn't feel up that space!
Many of the hypothesis you people normally come up with is not the way the Bible described it. Although, decency and moderation is the key to anything but the way you people normally talk about dressing weak me oooo.. You people always make it look like having a good fashion sense is ungodly habit and that's where "uncivilization" come in place.

I still want you to challenge me by giving me that very Bible verse that justifies a lady having a pierced ear as a sinner/wh'ore as claimed by you.

I won't even stress this argument because I know you're that type of person who believes those "ladies" who wear trousers and use perfumes have no place in heaven undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by slimmdree(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2017
CHILLLL!!!!
wristbangle:
I am sorry to say but I can't marry a deeper life lady whether socially oriented or not. I can't bare a lady wearing parashute with stench of armpit smell due to over covering her body.

Atimes I wonder how their couples enjoy sex. A deeper life member told me no pre-intimacy, no preamble, they don't even off their shirt during sex sad undecided

gringrin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 7:46am On Sep 26, 2017
Blueberrie:

Hey, I'm not even in marriageable age yet! But when my day comes, I definitely wouldnt accept anything close to what this church demands. I'll only have one wedding in my life, so better make it special, beautiful and memorable...not like as tho it's one ordinary day. I get that they are trying to look humble..but I think humility starts from the heart, and if God blesses you with wealth then you should enjoy it to the max.. provided you dont worship the wealth or look down on others cause of it.. and yes.. you cant deny the fact that they honestly dont look appealing to the eye!
Then you should learn how to construct your sentence in a future tense manner!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by slimmdree(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2017
LOL so because she doesnt wish that kind of wedding she is now a LovePeddler?? Chill bro. Am a FULL deeperlifer and i doubt i would ever leave the church but i would never marry in that church...instead i would jejely do court wedding.
profolaolu:
I am sure U are a clown claiming to brought up in Deeper Life because we don't groom whores, their ears are never pierced, stop ur blasphemous comment or receive the imminent wrought of God
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2017
princechurchill:
Deeper life wedding is equivalent to a wicked man's burial
You this man cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by basmur(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2017
cosmatika:
Check ladies who oppose it, dey can never look beautiful without makeup. As for d guys, na secret sin dey cause am

FYI, I've nva attended DL before, neither am I righteous, but I knw dey re on the right path with Jehovah

strictly sincere comment spotted!!
thumb up for u better person.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Obiwiz(m): 8:09am On Sep 26, 2017
most of the people bashing the church's wedding are people lacking in focus and personal conviction in life.
The same applies to some of the leaders and members in the church who saddle their members with unrealistic and illogical restrictions and laws.
Who says heavy make-up and see-through clothes are the definition of a standard wedding ceremony?
Who says appearing extremely lavish and extravagant is a must for every wedding?
Who says wearing good quality nice-looking clothes and accessories are sinful?
And tell me why I must scale my judgement of what is good or bad based on what a man(son of G.O) did in his own wedding?
In a nutshell, strike a balance in everything you do. Moderation is the keyword. Why person go enter into huge debt bcuz he wan impress people with him wedding? Do as your hand reach. Why base ur life on what people/peer subtly impose on you as a yardstick? If u knw wat God commands, do it simply and don't let any man(G.O or not) impose his/her personal choices on you. In the end, no be the glamour of the wedding be the important thing, rather na the level of happiness and fulfillment in the marital life be the koko. Just like someone asserted above, the slay queens go always oppose, bcuz many of them are plain myopic in real issues of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by michony505(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
[/s] I'm sorry to say that what you wrote up there is undiluted nonsense

Let's even break down this holiness of a thing gan sef that you people keep blowing whistle about

That Deeper Life preaches using Jesus as a symbol of excellence while other churches use the devil abi?

That you people chose to have poor taste in fashion, therefore, no trouser, no earrings, no makeups or wigs?

That you're deprived the access to television and social gathering?

That all you think about is how to make heaven while you see other people as candidates of hell fire ?

That you don't use instruments in praising God but only sit down, clap your hands and sing Hymns

That you people are usually very taciturn when the issue of sex, politics and football are discussed?

Abeg tell me about the holiness you Deeper Life members keep ranting about gan sef?

We criticize DL becos of hate for truth, most hard working successful people hardly watch TV go and find out why? becos TV is a GREAT TIME WASTER. Not watching TV can not make u a sinner but watching it can send u to hell( if u can not control ur appetite on what not to watch and again can waste ur precious time). Why pick a fight with someone trying to tell u not to watch? When TV first came ppl see it has a great time waster but becos of the reckless life of nowadays youth, ppl see as a must why? I think we are just being hypocritical most DL doctrines are doctrines that helps us to be less of this world which to me is HIGHLY refreshing. God bless Pst Kumuyi, God bless deeper life, God bless ALL d TRUE Christian. I think am enjoying the best there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2017
JoshMedia:

Then you should learn how to construct your sentence in a future tense manner!

Huh? which sentence? I dont get you..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by michony505(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2017
Nalikedis:
I think your time will be better spent reaching out to the unreached. Your case look more like an atheist trying to convince other that there is no God. Why try? Why not just live your life as an atheist and they as theist? But no an atheist will always try to fight that inner consciousess of God. You can choose to continue to live in sin and expect grace to abound... But allow DL people to continue to strive...maybe one day they will attain perfection...maybe one day Gods mercy will reach them. Narrow is the way...and ofcourse the kingdom of God suffereth violent...
Bro God bless u

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Obiwiz(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2017
Origin:
No 1 I didn't see any grannies in those pictures. The couples were beautiful and their smiles are radiant. The simple life is obviously benefitting them.

Communication compromise and a lot of patience however builds marriage. And been from different denominations means one needs more of this. You can MAYBE have a simple church affair and blow it up at the party.

There is no compulsion in religion. It is strictly everyman for himself.
Very simple and matured.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by michony505(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2017
Olabodes:
you are a goat that hw deeper life and johovah witnesses do they dnt believe in medicine and people around them,what they believe most is the sainty in them
Stop generalizing(DL)
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Darius4God(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2017
motun2017:
bamy stop lying oo. mayb its mfm. deeper life will not let you put all those white flowerd on your hair. the hair is always covered or mayb they took the picture after church service. i knw wat m saying
See you, I was at the wedding in Ede, Osun State. it is a Deeper Life wedding but there is nothing to contend about. God is watching. Do your wedding without God's backing and see if He will be there in the marriage. If wearing all the attires that exposes your body and you went on with carnality during your wedding, I hope you dont expect God to be there.Its all about glorifying God wether deeper or not
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2017
michony505:
We criticize DL becos of hate for truth, most hard working successful people hardly watch TV go and find out why? becos TV is a GREAT TIME WASTER. Not watching TV can not make u a sinner but watching it can send u to hell( if u can not control ur appetite on what not to watch and again can waste ur precious time). Why pick a fight with someone trying to tell u not to watch? When TV first came ppl see it has a great time waster but becos of the reckless life of nowadays youth, ppl see as a must why? I think we are just being hypocritical most DL doctrines are doctrines that helps us to be less of this world which to me is HIGHLY refreshing. God bless Pst Kumuyi, God bless deeper life, God bless ALL d TRUE Christian. I think am enjoying the best there.
Despite you people's rants towards "holiness", you people have the worst human relation and hypocritical acts.

My brother, being holy goes beyond not watching television, it goes beyond not dressing expensively, it goes beyond wearing 50 shoulder pads blouse or using N50 wool to plait your hair, it goes beyond not using perfume or vaseline, it goes beyond not wearing trousers, gold or earrings. The earlier you people know this, the moment you stop discriminating against other people.

Listen up, I retrace my step and mind my movement around you the moment I get to know you're a deeper life member based on the obvious fact about you people. Forget about you people's quiet nature, nobody can deceive me with that because na that quietness and social isolation dey cover una

Mind you, I don't hate Deeper Lifers, I'm only saying the bitter truth which many of you don't want to hear

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by lereinter(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2017
motun2017:
i stl attend deeper life .but rccg wen i was in uni

you switched cos of wedding or to flex cos there is always dlcf in most uni
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by chrisxxx(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2017
delugajackson:

This is so true. I actually saw my neighbor's husband on her wedding day. Dude never came to see her for one day. I mean, like no pre-intimacy stuff? I can't imagine myself in that situation.
My parents went to the wedding ground to see their daughter in-law
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by michony505(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2017
reminiscing:

Most black countries are failing becos we STIGMATIZE wrongly. How can u use one case to generalize all? When I joined DL I realised that what most ppl say about the Church ( even my parents and siblings) are BLUNTLY WRONG! this always pains me. I remember a white man that wrote a book on DL, the man came to Nigeria here study the church very well, went to some of the programs and came out with a write up on DL. Which is almost correct(90%) and this man is not a member. But the ones brought up and breed here still goes on with Fake info about DL becos of natural hate. MOST PEOPLE LOVES THIS WORLDLY FASHION SO MUCH THAT EVEN IF GOD COMES DOWN TO CORRECT THERE WILL STILL BE HATE SPECCH AGAINST HIM!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by larabaj(f): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Marriages crash like a pack of cards these days because most of the preparation goes into the wedding and not the marriage. The bride's appearance has nothing to do with her ability to make a home so let those for or against the dlc mode of dressing take note. However, a woman's appearance on her big day reflects her personality, focus and priorities. From biblical perspective, moderation is key.
I know several dlbc members whose private lives are a far departure from what that of a Christian should be. Almost got into a relationship with one but was scared off when he told me he didn't want a "straight-jacket" relationship! I fled with my tail between my legs. A Christian willing to please God would know what is modest and appropriate as the Holy Spirit will guide. You don't have to empty the make-up kit or go semi-nude to look geogeous on your wedding day. And at the same time being shabbily dressed just to please your pastors is sheer hypocrisy. Modesty is key.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by michony505(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Despite the rant for "holiness", you people have the worst human relation and hypocritical acts.

My brother, being holy goes beyond not watching television, it goes beyond not dressing expensively, it goes beyond wearing wearing 50 shoulder pads blouse, it goes beyond not wearing trousers, gold or earrings. The earlier you people know this, the moment you stop discriminating other people.

Listen up, I retrace my step and mind my movement around you the moment I know you're a deeper life member based on the obvious fact about you people. Forget about you people's quiet nature, nobody can deceive me with that because na that quietness and social isolation dey cover una

Mind you, I don't hate Deeper Lifers, I'm only saying the bitter truth which many of you don't want to hear
I pray God reveals himself to us on daily basis. But has for me I have found the and millions of people or words cannot CHANGE that. So no point arguing with u. No b fight o.God bless u Sir
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by deturla: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Despite the rant for "holiness", you people have the worst human relation and hypocritical acts.

My brother, being holy goes beyond not watching television, it goes beyond not dressing expensively, it goes beyond wearing wearing 50 shoulder pads blouse, it goes beyond not wearing trousers, gold or earrings. The earlier you people know this, the moment you stop discriminating other people.

Listen up, I retrace my step and mind my movement around you the moment I know you're a deeper life member based on the obvious fact about you people. Forget about you people's quiet nature, nobody can deceive me with that because na that quietness and social isolation dey cover una

WoW....

You really mean the Deeper Life people gan oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ex-COZA Staff: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo (Video) / Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.