Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Rappers Who Are Deep Writers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Nigerian Rappers Who Are Deep Writers (345 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest / 5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Give Regularly To Charity / 5 Nigerian Male Celebrities That Have Hot Abs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Rappers Who Are Deep Writers by Nigerianwriters: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Rap as we know has been a long age art that has been closely aligned with poetry. In Nigeria, there are guys who have mastered this art and they take you on a journey when you listen to them spit bars. With the right amount of similes, metaphors and good wordplay, they undoubtedly make you understand that aside spitting bars, they’re indeed deep writers. Without much ado, here’s my Top 5 Nigerian Rappers Who Are Deep Writers.

But holdup, before we proceed, I will like to briefly explain what I mean by ‘Deep Writers’
These are guys that make you think after listening to a particular track or an album. Guys that destroy wordplay, similes, storytelling, rhymes, metaphors and what have you. And just to add, they do it on any kind of beat.
So here we go:

No. 5. Six Foot Plus:

He is indeed six foot tall and lyrical. He largely delivers his lines in Pidgin English. The first to make me fall in love with storytelling when it comes to rap. He perfectly blends Hausa, his native language and Pidgin English so well.
In his hit track ’E Don do Me’ he said

Na me dey eat the smallest ration, dey wash the most plate
Him children, nothing dem dey do, people for God sake.
Na me dey wake up first, na me dey sleep last,
Na me dem dey beat, because I no dey fit pass
But how I go pass when I no fit rest,
From sunrise to sunset, my life na so so stress

No. 4. Eva Alordiah:

Eva is undoubtedly one of the greatest rappers to come out of Nigeria. She’s too artistic to be caged in box because she does it all. Her lyrics, delivery and composure are altogether superlative. Of all her songs and albums, ‘Get High’ and ‘War Coming’ does it for me.
In ‘War Coming’ she said: Read More: http://www.nigerianwritersforum.com/2017/09/25/top-5-nigerian-rappers-deep-writers/

(1) (Reply)

Flatten Your Tummy With Ease With Us, This Is So Real! / Court Orders Arrest Of Witness In Seun Egbegbe’s Fraud Case / Peter Okoye Formerly Of P Square Signs Deal With American Record Label Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.