Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured (3113 Views)

My Daughter's Fingerprints Couldn't Be Captured At NIS Office / I FEEL MY THUMB FINGER IS FRACTURED / Help! There Is A hole In My Thumb And Index Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by chuks34(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

Please read carefully and help a Brother

I have been experiencing issues with thumb print (Biometric). Its difficult for my biometric data to be captured , I started noticing far back 2014 when I was working at Jules Technology , cause staffs were ment to sign in and sign out for the day with biometric.

Whenever I come to work I always spend more than 10mins trying to sign in but the machine always mismatch my thumb, after several days in have to call the attention of the manager to how the machine always don’t sign me in, that is to avoid being debited for absentism.

During the last voters card registration after waking up 5am to beat up with the crowd at the registration centre when it finally got to my turn delay sets in as the registries keep trying to capture me but all to no avail as the machine rejects my thumb, I can hear the crowd mumbling at my back for taking too much time, I have to be set aside of which I was not latter attended to.

Same thing occurred during the enrollment of the Bank Verification Number (BVN), I was seriously humiliated as I could hear some people saying if I don’t have blood in my body as the machine keep rejecting my thumb. I have to go home after waiting in queue for several hours.

I latter came back after some months when the crowd was much, thank God for the lady in charge then as she was patient with me after several attempts with the cleaning of my thumb with handkerchief to dry the sweat and to God be the Glory it worked then.

Now fast back to last week I went to buy an Airtel sim card, after purchasing it the lady wanted to register the line so I can start using it. After writing down the required details and the passport was taken from the computer, time for thumb print came I was praying for a miracle but I found none cause the registration process was put to a halt, why? Because the machine couldn’t capture my thumb after much ado the lady just did it with her thumb and gave me the sim.

I wonder what might be the cause of all this because am seriously scared that one day this might deprive me of something important like school stuffs or maybe if I want to travel out of the country by Gods grace.

I need your suggestions as to the possible cause of this, if its medically related issue or otherwise.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by Realer(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
This one strong
Cc: seun
Mynd44
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by Seun(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Try wiping your fingers just before your prints are to be captured. They might just be wet (because of your nervousness) in those situations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by chuks34(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Seun:
Try wiping your fingers just before your prints are to be captured. They might just be wet (because of your nervousness0 in those situations.

most atimes my thumb are dry
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by uboma(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
chuks34:

most atimes my thumb are dry

If you are sure that your thumbs are usually dry at the point of registration, inform the officer in charge to wipe the scanner with a clean dry cloth. it could be that there are lots of prints already on the scanner, hence it's inability to read yours.

relax, you are very normal

1 Like

Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by chuks34(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
uboma:

If you are sure that your thumbs are usually dry at the point of registration, inform the officer in charge to wipe the scanner with a clean dry cloth. it could be that there are lots of prints already on the scanner, hence it's inability to read yours.

relax, you are very normal

Tnx
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by tripoli007(m): 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Your village people are at work ,nothing more

1 Like

Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by chuks34(m): 1:38am On Sep 27, 2017
tripoli007:
Your village people are at work ,nothing more
lol. see ur face tongue
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by manitobor(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2017
Hmmm, real peculiar case. Obviously, your fingerprints are naturally faint. And it's getting fainter as you're getting older.

Ain't nothing you can do about it.
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by Caspian22(m): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
Seun:
Try wiping your fingers just before your prints are to be captured. They might just be wet (because of your nervousness) in those situations.

Hello Sir,
Is there any way I can contact you ( or you contact me). Please I have a very nice online idea I want to implement, just 10 minutes of your time, I really need your advice.
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by joinnow: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
U are among the few people who don't have well-enough defined prints to make the sensors read reliably. Sometimes you can help that by pressing harder or lighter. Also, some readers can be adjusted for sensitivity. The problem with cranking the sensitivity up on a public reader is that it can make it *less* reliable for people with normal prints.

Are the sensors chip-based or optical? If they're chip-based, I've found that having clean fingers helps, but if I *just* washed and dried my hands, it's harder to get a good read than if I wait a minute for some sweat/oil to form on the skin again.
Copied
Hope your company won't sack you because it will be easy to replace an employee than to change their security policy.
Just accept its one of disability.
It means you can commit crime and get away without trace
especially in develop world.
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by urahara(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2017
Seun:

Seun pls I take god beg you , whenever I click the nairaland home page or followed topics icon , it starts showing a smiley sad cry
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2017
Seun:
*sir pls do me a favour
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by chuks34(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
manitobor:
Hmmm, real peculiar case. Obviously, your fingerprints are naturally faint. And it's getting fainter as you're getting older.

Ain't nothing you can do about it.

Seriously shocked

Can one finger prints get fainted
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by chuks34(m): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
joinnow:
U are among the few people who don't have well-enough defined prints to make the sensors read reliably. Sometimes you can help that by pressing harder or lighter. Also, some readers can be adjusted for sensitivity. The problem with cranking the sensitivity up on a public reader is that it can make it *less* reliable for people with normal prints.

Are the sensors chip-based or optical? If they're chip-based, I've found that having clean fingers helps, but if I *just* washed and dried my hands, it's harder to get a good read than if I wait a minute for some sweat/oil to form on the skin again.
Copied
Hope your company won't sack you because it will be easy to replace an employee than to change their security policy.
Just accept its one of disability.
It means you can commit crime and get away without trace
especially in develop world.

Am getting curious on this matter
Re: My Thumb Print (biometric) Can't Be Captured by Realer(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
chuks34:

Am getting curious on this matter

Curiosity killed the cat grin

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 28 2021 In Nigeria / Skin Toning Cream / 4 Healthy Things Omega-3 Will Do For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.