Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (30614 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / 6 Drivable Cars With Exterior Parts That Are Made From Unusual Materials / This Full-size And Drivable Bugatti Chiron Is Built From Pieces Of Lego Technic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by begwong: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
this your English. did you attend school at all?
LOL! U sef.. ✔�
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by HEIR: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2017
I'll advise you abort, the chasis might be bent due to collision.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Timileyin1234(m): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:

This woman is a savage, see who dey wan help whey dey yab people

5 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by fergieboy: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2017
Big mistake

The stress and the money you will spend ain't worth it jare.

Believe me. This is bad buy/market

You would obviously regret

Pay the fine and look for a better deal

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by pek(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2017
Forget the car, count your loss and move. Any further venture will be like a white elephant project.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by nenergy(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2017
Lesson: Ask questions before purchase to avoid too much questions after You did oversabi on this one sha!
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2017
diportivo:
anoda moniker has started looking for parts already

lets know how it all goes
The only reason people change user name on here is to Scam people . Now OP what's the reason behind this ? 1st it was wrong car ie Toyota ok we got that but different user name ?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
which one is loss of value
can you give me your number and let's talk privately
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by travelpoint: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
I mistakenly bought a non-drivable car toyota corolla with rear accident from one of the auction sites in the US. and I can't cancel it.
After I clicked on buy now option I got an email from the site that my car is a none drivable. chaiii

I went back to the site and confirmed as that.

I am yet to make full payment though.

Those with experience with buying the non-drivable cars what is your take on this?

What were the issues with these types of cars?

lalasticlala please help your sister for feedback from the experts.
Costly mistake. If you don't want the car you can cancel the transaction or ask them to put the car back to auction. Note that they will charge you the difference between what you should have paid and sale price ( if sold at price less than what you should have paid). They will also charge you auction fee and other fee.
Your auction Access will be cancelled in case you don't pay this cost.
Call them to let them know but they will want you to pay for the car then put back to auction
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by elshanAutos: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
I mistakenly bought a non-drivable car toyota corolla with rear accident from one of the auction sites in the US. and I can't cancel it.
After I clicked on buy now option I got an email from the site that my car is a none drivable. chaiii

Those with experience with buying the non-drivable cars what is your take on this?

Congrats on your purchase.
Car will drive when it arrives Nigeria don't worry about the non driving bla bla

Do everything possible to get replacement parts (and spares if possible) in the USA, as parts of this car cost a fortune in Lagos.

As at two months ago, the front bumper cost 170k, headlamps 80k each, fender 45k each, grille cost 160k. Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Realali(f): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:

Mean is code 3-4
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by refreshrate: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2017
timifakay:

But her write up says Toyota Corolla, while posted picture is a Ford Edge...

Nabbed!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Bigsteveg(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

I checked it on Auction Export.
How much pls?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Bigsteveg(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH AUTOJOSNG for this. But how did you know the price I got the car for? just curious
How much pls?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Bigsteveg(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

I checked it on Auction Export.
Hello AutoJoshNG, can i please have one or two sites for cars auction. It will be appreciated, Thanks.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by ChristineC: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
here it is
that car is done!! better reject the purchase and pay a small fine. you'd spend a fortune and that car still won't function properly in Nigeria, not to talk of how highly unsafe it'd be.

that's no Toyota Corolla by the way tongue
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by learnedman(m): 11:39am On Sep 30, 2017
See your life, u want to buy damaged cars at give away price,repair them and sell them to unsuspecting members of the public as direct tokumbo.Nemesis has caught up with u.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by halima83: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2017
learnedman:
See your life, u want to buy damaged cars at give away price,repair them and sell them to unsuspecting members of the public as direct tokumbo.Nemesis has caught up with u.

i did not buy to resell.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Josh44s(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
40kobo77:
Lol.

Use the car for decoration.

Wicked cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by aboyaji(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Opoki(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
This is someone buying accidental car with confidence but someone will later come here and tell us not to buy flooded car that still drive and run!

grin grin grin

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by macaranta(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Not worth it, even on Olx you can see /bargain for a cleaner version of that Ford for 4m or less
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by santricedupas(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ford edge a nice car
you have two options here
1. rear impacted cars are easily repaired than front impacted cars. one the car is cleared there are professional panel beaters and oven bake painters around. but ford parts are expensive though. you will buy a neat skeleton rear door without glass since the rear glass is not shattered, tokunbo pumper and liner, one rear light is still there you will get a tokunbo rear ligth, all repair cost should not exceed 400k. and ford edge and explorer are very expensive now in nigeria market. we sold a nigerian used ford edge for 6.5 million, and we have a ford explorer nigerian used which the owner price pegged at 7.5 million.
once you can give it to a good panel beater and painter, give it a good package and you can sell at least 6m since its foreign used. assuming it has a frontal impact you will spend more like buying radiator and fan, condenser, evaporator, pulley, drive belt, brain box since its located under the water guard pathway between the windscreen and bonnet, powersteering pump, engine and gear mountain, water expansion tank, wind screen water cleaner tank, water hoses, ac hoses, full light, bumper, fog light, vender side, and possibly opening up d engine for repairs if a knocking sound is heard which could be failed oil pump, bend valve, wrong timing, broken timing chain, failed timing chain vanos, bend crankshaft, bend camshaft, wear metal, cracked aluminium engine block, bend shaft drive and balljoint, and bend chasis, replacing steering wheel due to airbag coming out. etc.
2. before export put some goods in this car to cover for loss, put goods like used laptops, phones, used graded shoes, car batteries, plasma TV, wrist watches etc and fill it to the brim. one it arrive nigeria and cleared you can make extra profit from those goods, at least the ford edge can contain 100 laptops
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Philipmems(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:

There is nothing you can do about it, its just that you will lose your initial deposit to the auction for restocking or relisting as they call it. Next time you want to buy a car, i suggest you ask questions first before you proceed. The auction house probably listed the vehicle as having mechanical failure and the price will be very cheap so you went straight to the buy now option instead of waiting to bid for it. Next time you want to buy a car make sure its under the runs and drives category.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Badgers14: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:

Check the website of the auction very well to see thier policy.

It happened to me back in 2010, I used copart. What i did was to pay them $400 so they could relist the car. That was the company's policy as of then
So check the policy and then figure out, how much are supposed to pay for the car? And how much is the penalty if you are no longer interested on the car. That will guide your decision.

If you want to take the high road, Call the company and tell that your kid made an authorized purchase, if they don't work with you here, you will call your credit or debit card company and dispute the charge. That's a long shot tho but it might work. Good luck
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by alausaone(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
if you are an exporter its advisable that you pay off the d money, if not they will blocked your auction account pending when you pay the storage fees on the said car, In america i am not sure if you can load the car on top of a small towing, find out before buying the second car, asuming you know it would have been better you pay 100 usd extral for container shipment instead of buying a second truck, ......as regards to Ford edge, yes it cost in Nigeria but buying accident free and Run and drive of Ford edge is better than buying Ford Edge accidented with the hope u will fixed it in Nigeria, Ford edge parts are very costly in Nigeria, next time if you need help as regards to cheap shipping from the US let me okay
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by baddosky1: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
@OP, you don't even know the name of the car you bought...anyways, shout "Sai Buhari" and the car will become drivable! Abi i lie sarrki??
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by scarplanet(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Hello AutoJoshNG, can i please have one or two sites for cars auction. It will be appreciated, Thanks.

https://www.auctionexport.com
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by walesalak(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
here it is
OMG. Who bashed this car this way?? shocked shocked
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by cheleku(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
I wonder why people are giving the op considerable time and attention in answering the question she posted. Op is a well known prevaricator.... From Toyota corrola to Ford! And to add, she has a history of falsification. Look at this tread by same Op where she was busted:

https://www.nairaland.com/3298977/husband-urinated-while-sleeping
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by nurey(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
santricedupas:
Ford edge a nice car
you have two options here
1. rear impacted cars are easily repaired than front impacted cars. one the car is cleared there are professional panel beaters and oven bake painters around. but ford parts are expensive though. you will buy a neat skeleton rear door without glass since the rear glass is not shattered, tokunbo pumper and liner, one rear light is still there you will get a tokunbo rear ligth, all repair cost should not exceed 400k. and ford edge and explorer are very expensive now in nigeria market. we sold a nigerian used ford edge for 6.5 million, and we have a ford explorer nigerian used which the owner price pegged at 7.5 million.
once you can give it to a good panel beater and painter, give it a good package and you can sell at least 6m since its foreign used. assuming it has a frontal impact you will spend more like buying radiator and fan, condenser, evaporator, pulley, drive belt, brain box since its located under the water guard pathway between the windscreen and bonnet, powersteering pump, engine and gear mountain, water expansion tank, wind screen water cleaner tank, water hoses, ac hoses, full light, bumper, fog light, vender side, and possibly opening up d engine for repairs if a knocking sound is heard which could be failed oil pump, bend valve, wrong timing, broken timing chain, failed timing chain vanos, bend crankshaft, bend camshaft, wear metal, cracked aluminium engine block, bend shaft drive and balljoint, and bend chasis, replacing steering wheel due to airbag coming out. etc.
2. before export put some goods in this car to cover for loss, put goods like used laptops, phones, used graded shoes, car batteries, plasma TV, wrist watches etc and fill it to the brim. one it arrive nigeria and cleared you can make extra profit from those goods, at least the ford edge can contain 100 laptops

Give advice of what you know that is an 06 to 09 Ford edge with a tokunbo value of not more than 4.5m for extremely low mileage. How can a sane person now buy an accident one for 6million. Ok let's say I don't even know it's accident one how do you want to sell something with basic price 4m for 6m are you a god of marketing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! / The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.