Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (30615 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / 6 Drivable Cars With Exterior Parts That Are Made From Unusual Materials / This Full-size And Drivable Bugatti Chiron Is Built From Pieces Of Lego Technic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mmb(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
[
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mmb(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
santricedupas:
Ford edge a nice car
you have two options here
1. rear impacted cars are easily repaired than front impacted cars. one the car is cleared there are professional panel beaters and oven bake painters around. but ford parts are expensive though. you will buy a neat skeleton rear door without glass since the rear glass is not shattered, tokunbo pumper and liner, one rear light is still there you will get a tokunbo rear ligth, all repair cost should not exceed 400k. and ford edge and explorer are very expensive now in nigeria market. we sold a nigerian used ford edge for 6.5 million, and we have a ford explorer nigerian used which the owner price pegged at 7.5 million.
once you can give it to a good panel beater and painter, give it a good package and you can sell at least 6m since its foreign used. assuming it has a frontal impact you will spend more like buying radiator and fan, condenser, evaporator, pulley, drive belt, brain box since its located under the water guard pathway between the windscreen and bonnet, powersteering pump, engine and gear mountain, water expansion tank, wind screen water cleaner tank, water hoses, ac hoses, full light, bumper, fog light, vender side, and possibly opening up d engine for repairs if a knocking sound is heard which could be failed oil pump, bend valve, wrong timing, broken timing chain, failed timing chain vanos, bend crankshaft, bend camshaft, wear metal, cracked aluminium engine block, bend shaft drive and balljoint, and bend chasis, replacing steering wheel due to airbag coming out. etc.
2. before export put some goods in this car to cover for loss, put goods like used laptops, phones, used graded shoes, car batteries, plasma TV, wrist watches etc and fill it to the brim. one it arrive nigeria and cleared you can make extra profit from those goods, at least the ford edge can contain 100 laptops
putting goods inside the Ford for shipping how possible is that. auction export takes the car from its warehouse to sea port direct. while the buyer is in Nigeria here. how is it done?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mastasam(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
which model of corolla n how much is d auction price u bid. it may be minor accident that affects Tyre or suspension
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Bigsteveg(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by EXICON(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
free2ryhme:
Halima83

Pay the fine and leave this car alone the stress is never worth the money.

Just accept your fate

If you continue with this venture you might end up wasting your money, time, energy and lose sleep

Don't die oooo
Do yourself the BEST "good" and go with this advice.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by halima83: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
mastasam:
which model of corolla n how much is d auction price u bid. it may be minor accident that affects Tyre or suspension
sorry it is ford edge not toyota. and what is suspension?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by bfire(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
i did not buy to resell.

I recall making a comment on this vehicle on a clearing agent topic.

if you have not paid for the vehicle, try to pay the 10% or higher of the two options .

if it's copart you pay minimum of $400 or 10% of costs whichever one is higher.

if you've already paid for it, dismantle it and sell it for parts here in Nigeria.

the costs you'll use to buy parts , ship as non running, repairs is not a small thing.

I know all this because it's what I do, also.

there are lots of hidden damages on this truck you don't see; it's compressed also.

if you insist on bringing it to Nigeria, buy the complete rear clip cut from the quarter panel from the rear door inclusive of all d rear parts.

you need 3 more cars to load a container. it's your best bet. don't roro.

knowing your shipper yard will help to know the nearest junkyard to buy your parts for this vehicle.

there are tons of them depends on the location of your shipper

good luck
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
I don't know about us laws,but most advanced countries has the law on your side which allows for 14days of cool off,meaning anything bought online,buyers has 14days to cancel and get their full refunds,however some can still refund up to % after 14days has elapsed.

What's was the TC?did you not read?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by DavGrace(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
I mistakenly bought a non-drivable car toyota corolla with rear accident from one of the auction sites in the US. and I can't cancel it.
After I clicked on buy now option I got an email from the site that my car is a none drivable. chaiii

I went back to the site and confirmed as that.

I am yet to make full payment though.

Those with experience with buying the non-drivable cars what is your take on this?

What were the issues with these types of cars?

lalasticlala please help your sister for feedback from the experts.
Op...check this out. www.nairaland.com/1578736/detailed-guidelines-buying-car-auctionexport.com
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by frank043(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
sorry, it was a typing error. it is actually ford. thanks for the correction.

Just listen to yourself! Really, just listen to yourself!!

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by meetchandus(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
Please reject this.The worst that can happen will be for you to lose some money.Believe me this car is not worth it at all.At the end you will end up spending more on this car.

The stress of getting the spare parts
The parts for Ford will be expensive
The labour and painting again will cost you a lot
The customs charges will be the same..There will be no reduction

Please I have experienced this before and believe me its not worth it.Please reject it and look for a clean car that will give you peace of mind..

If you need a clean ride,could help you search on other auction sites or go through the people who pre-order
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by emmaliver(m): 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
Me i warn learn how to buy from auction export oo
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Kimy97(f): 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
is not a laughing matter.
i hav laffed already
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by kpolli(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
I mistakenly bought a non-drivable car toyota corolla with rear accident from one of the auction sites in the US. and I can't cancel it.
After I clicked on buy now option I got an email from the site that my car is a none drivable. chaiii

Those with experience with buying the non-drivable cars what is your take on this?

Once happened to me, I allowed the deadline for the payment to expire then I emailed them that I couldn't make it since I wasn't in the country then and they reversed the sale. Didn't lose anything
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by frankfrank(m): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
sorry, it was a typing error. it is actually ford. thanks for the correction.
Call or email the auction find out the penalty for relisting the car, if you not ok with that. The auction city can link you with a reputable trucker that will truck the car ti the port. Where is the car? Good luck
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by halima83: 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
meetchandus:
Please reject this.The worst that can happen will be for you to lose some money.Believe me this car is not worth it at all.At the end you will end up spending more on this car.

The stress of getting the spare parts
The parts for Ford will be expensive
The labour and painting again will cost you a lot
The customs charges will be the same..There will be no reduction

Please I have experienced this before and believe me its not worth it.Please reject it and look for a clean car that will give you peace of mind..

If you need a clean ride,could help you search on other auction sites or go through the people who pre-order

pls help me search.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by bigmankings(m): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
Able mama, Ford done turn to Toyota Corolla.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
free2ryhme:
Halima83

Pay the fine and leave this car alone the stress is never worth the money.

Just accept your fate

If you continue with this venture you might end up wasting your money, time, energy and lose sleep

Don't die oooo
halima, just go for this advice and shop for something else, gudluck.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by GerogeI(m): 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:

Lol,
Ok Halima, do not freak out. I doubt anything is wrong with the car you bought apart from the rear collision.
The car is marked Non-driveable, most likely because the accident affect the rear tyres. Which translates to the suspension.
It probably has nothing to do with the engine. Check if it is marked that the car starts, if so the engine is intact, you just have body repairs and rear suspension to fix.

The drivability makes only a $200 difference in forklift handling charge to load the car onto a ship. Even if the car was drivable, you cannot drive it to a port in US as long as it is has a salvage title, so you will still pay about $300 for towing or haulage to port.

Tip: you can make your own shipping arrangement to save cost, about $800. Do not rack up storage bills, pay on time. Buy parts in US if you have contacts on ground. If not, the auction company can help you too. Repairs for that car will be under 500k, with parts bought in Nigeria, so you have a good deal in your hands.

Buy doing the repairs locally, you are providing employment locally. Also understand that the only reason those repairs are not done in US is because of the labour cost. It costs a lot to fix a car outside of warranty in their system. As the month has just ended, am guessing you might have missed the nearest shipping cut-off date, work towards the next one. Best ship via Grimaldi, you can use AES as agent.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by halima83: 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2017
GerogeI:

Lol,
Ok Halima, do not freak out. I doubt anything is wrong with the car you bought apart from the rear collision.
The car is marked Non-driveable, most likely because the accident affect the rear tyres. Which translates to the suspension.
It probably has nothing to do with the engine. Check if it is marked that the car starts, if so the engine is intact, you just have body repairs and rear suspension to fix.

The drivability makes only a $200 difference in forklift handling charge to load the car onto a ship. Even if the car was drivable, you cannot drive it to a port in US as long as it is has a salvage title, so you will still pay about $300 for towing or haulage to port.

Tip: you can make your own shipping arrangement to save cost, about $800. Do not rack up storage bills, pay on time. Buy parts in US if you have contacts on ground. If not, the auction company can help you too. Repairs for that car will be under 500k, with parts bought in Nigeria, so you have a good deal in your hands.

Buy doing the repairs locally, you are providing employment locally. Also understand that the only reason those repairs are not done in US is because of the labour cost. It costs a lot to fix a car outside of warranty in their system. As the month has just ended, am guessing you might have missed the nearest shipping cut-off date, work towards the next one. Best ship via Grimaldi, you can use AES as agent.
the car's detail just say: non-driveable
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by GerogeI(m): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
halima83:
the car's detail just say: non-driveable
Ok, guessing you got it from Auctionexports. They give Minimal detail. Most of their cars are actually from iaai insurance. If the auction was just recently concluded you can still find the car on www.iaai.com, register free as a guest, and search with the VIN. It will tell you if the car starts, or not, primary and secondary damage, as well as repair cost estimate in US.

If you cannot find it, do google search using the VIN, same car is usually on multiple sites.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mmb(m): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
GerogeI:

Ok, guessing you got it from Auctionexports. They give Minimal detail. Most of their cars are actually from iaai insurance. If the auction was just recently concluded you can still find the car on www.iaai.com, register free as a guest, and search with the VIN. It will tell you if the car starts, or not, primary and secondary damage, as well as repair cost estimate in US.

If you cannot find it, do google search using the VIN, same car is usually on multiple sites.
I searched, it says car won't start. I pray is not a major issue.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by GerogeI(m): 12:05am On Oct 01, 2017
mmb:
I searched, it says car won't start. I pray is not a major issue.
In that case, it could have mechanical issues. Whatever it is, local guys can fix it. For the body parts, am guessing, the boot cover will go for about 100k, bumper 50k, repainting 60k, body work 30k. One back light is ok, the other could cost upto 50k. Re-use the linings, Total About 300k for body work. Just to help u weigh the gamble with the Mechanical issue better.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Stateside: 12:36am On Oct 01, 2017
Hi,

Very few people knows what they are talking about here and just trying to scare you. The car had a rear impact: Guess what it must have been in traffic (probably at a red light) and a driver on the phone hit from behind.

That eliminates the problem with engine or gear. Most of these cars are equipped with shut off valve (inertia switch) to prevent fire from dripping petrol.

Buy the car with confidence. We ship non runner all day. Will add $200 to the $800 shipping cost. Plus your cost of towing to the port. Nothing to fear. I would rather have a rear impact than a front one any day.

You wont lose money. Honor your deal and pay. We can arrange trucking and shipping for you should you need it. No worries.

If i know the location zip code, i can get you a quote to get it to Nigeria. No worries.

Good luck

www.portenvoys.com
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 12:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Stateside:
Hi,

Very few people knows what they are talking about here and just trying to scare you. The car had a rear impact: Guess what it must have been in traffic (probably at a red light) and a driver on the phone hit from behind.

That eliminates the problem with engine or gear. Most of these cars are equipped with shut off valve (inertia switch) to prevent fire from dripping petrol.

Buy the car with confidence. We ship non runner all day. Will add $200 to the $800 shipping cost. Plus your cost of towing to the port. Nothing to fear. I would rather have a rear impact than a front one any day.

You wont lose money. Honor your deal and pay. We can arrange trucking and shipping for you should you need it. No worries.

If i know the location zip code, i can get you a quote to get it to Nigeria. No worries.

Good luck

www.portenvoys.com
well how am I sure you aint jst looking for Biz?
jst saying cool cool

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by santricedupas(m): 1:16am On Oct 01, 2017
nurey:

Give advice of what you know that is an 06 to 09 Ford edge with a tokunbo value of not more than 4.5m for extremely low mileage. How can a sane person now buy an accident one for 6million. Ok let's say I don't even know it's accident one how do you want to sell something with basic price 4m for 6m are you a god of marketing?
it was bought new at coscharis, it had below 30k milage and the owner bought a range sport and put the ford in the market, he bought new from Cosharis for 12million
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Stateside: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

well how am I sure you aint jst looking for Biz?
jst saying cool cool

And whats wrong with that? Do you listen to some "dem say" or you listen to someone who does it for a living. Only in Nigeria people will go to a chemist to buy drug from ailment rather than going to the qualified personnel who will diagnose and treat the issue.

Lots of people are scaring the lady to either walk away or dismantle the vehicle when she doesn't have to.

I have given her the analysis of the solution cos i just happen to know what i am talking about. Anything wrong in that?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mmb(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2017
Stateside:
Hi,

Good luck

www.portenvoys.com
do you ship spare parts.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Stateside: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2017
mmb:
do you ship spare parts.

No i dont. I tried before and it get stolen inside the cars. i cant charge customer who never receive the goods and i am out of money used in buying. It does not favor me

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Stateside:

And whats wrong with that? Do you listen to some "dem say" or you listen to someone who does it for a living. Only in Nigeria people will go to a chemist to buy drug from ailment rather than going to the qualified personnel who will diagnose and treat the issue.

Lots of people are scaring the lady to either walk away or dismantle the vehicle when she doesn't have to.

I have given her the analysis of the solution cos i just happen to know what i am talking about. Anything wrong in that?
Cos in order to provide helps, the vibes radiating to my seems to be one of Biz Interest, why there is nothing wrong, I recon there is a lack of Judgement on your part as to waht that car might face and the value there off when it gets to 9ja.If the car was a Personal car then yes, to buy it and fix it, Nahhhhhhhh, the cost would def top N2.5 and above
If you are mechanically oriented, you will deduce from the Back pic that this car has a structural Damage, ie chassis is bent.In teh US thats Unroad worthy.U would have to cut the whole back end off and weld a new one in.you want me to go on??

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mmb(m): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

Cos in order to provide helps, the vibes radiating to my seems to be one of Biz Interest, why there is nothing wrong, I recon there is a lack of Judgement on your part as to waht that car might face and the value there off when it gets to 9ja.If the car was a Personal car then yes, to buy it and fix it, Nahhhhhhhh, the cost would def top N2.5 and above
If you are mechanically oriented, you will deduce from the Back pic that this car has a structural Damage, ie chassis is bent.In teh US thats Unroad worthy.U would have to cut the whole back end off and weld a new one in.you want me to go on??
don't think so, no need to cut off the back. panel beater can do.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 11:19am On Oct 01, 2017
mmb:
don't think so, no need to cut off the back. panel beater can do.
The main frame is steel and it is bent, Im not talking body work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! / The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.