Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? (2614 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Tarmpa: 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2010
A friend of mine got engaged last val's day,to a lady who's 18years older than him. Honestly,i dont know if this is right or not,he always tell me to chill each time i try talking to him about it.I dont know if he actually love her or just after her money,since she's a wealthy banker, Dear naira landers, did you think he's doing the right thing? pls i need your advice on this issue.
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Spyker: 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2010
I thought it was only women that are called Gold diggers, but from your post, i think your friend should be called Diamond digger. What! shocked 18 years and not including her real name? I think your friend is remotely controlled by the woman or he has gone crazy.

You better start praying for him now because he has already dug his grave, bought the coffin and is waiting for his appointed time (which might be soon) to die.

I can not marry a woman that old, she is old enough to be his mother. WTF
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by dominique(f): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
18 years older shocked shocked shocked daymmmmn!!!
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Sissy3(f): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2010
Tarmpa:

A friend of mine got engaged last val's day,to a lady who's 18years older than him. Honestly,i dont know if this is right or not,he always tell me to chill each time i try talking to him about it.I dont know if he actually love her or just after her money,since she's a wealthy banker, Dear naira landers, did you think he's doing the right thing? pls i need your advice on this issue.

gold digger alert.
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by coolier(f): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2010
Tarmpa:

A friend of mine got engaged last val's day,to a lady who's 18years older than him.

The question is are they Nigerians? Because in civilized societies, it happens all the time, and it's no big deal. To them love is not about age. And I totally agree with them.
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Sissy3(f): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2010
coolier:

The question is are they Nigerians? Because in civilized societies, it happens all the time, and it's no big deal. To them love is not about age. And I totally agree with them.

bet ya, theres a 98% chance theyre naija, more reason it will highly not work out. if they are from the civilized societies, you would have heard the man at least give you a convincing reason why he loves this woman to death.

but a classical naija gold digger, will probably tell his worried friends, "oh boi, cool down. i gat dis" those kind of things. imagine a man marrying someone who is 18yrs older than him for where? not definitely our patriarchal naija society.

dude wants her money, love, attention and all she got. after drinking her dry, he will then tell her, how this marriage cant work out, blah,blah. my family, my mother etc dont think this or that.
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by bee444: 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2010
All depends on your definition of 'older women'. What has age got to do with it? If men could marry women with the same age difference, what is stopping women from doing same? We've got millions of men out there married to women with enormous age difference,ranging between 18-20 age gap.

Wake up people! There are many older women out there that looks more gorgeous and beautiful than our so-called celebrity-crazy, skinny-sick, money-monger and big-mouthed single ladies.

THE END
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by JustGood(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2010
Never. Has to be younger than me. I look too young to marry an older woman tongue
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by smooooooth: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2010
nothing wrong if the woman takes good care of her self and still looks good. there are lotz of women far younger that will look like your grand mother.

but in this case i think 18 years is too much.
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by jamesyins(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
From what you stated, its sounds like the guy is after money.

18 Years, you must be JOKING grin
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Sissy3(f): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2010
bee444:

All depends on your definition of 'older women'. [b]What has age got to do with it? If men could marry women with the same age difference, what is stopping women from doing same? [/b]We've got millions of men out there married to women with enormous age difference,ranging between 18-20 age gap.

age definitely has everything to do with it. in probably most societies, its very much welcomed, praised and acceptable for a man to marry a younger woman. while its not case when it comes to women. society frown upon it, many with the question "what is this one doing with someone old enough to be her mother or grand mother" "what is she doing with a boy old enough to be her son" blah blah. while when it comes to men especially older men, many see it as being/playing "smart", you hit the gold when you carry/marry "dat young tin, dat fine trophy" etc.

it all lies with society and its double standard when comes to gender issues. supposing, this man definitely "love" this woman, he will most definitely face tough opposition from his family, many mothers wouldn't tolerate such marriage "i cant be alive and see you marry that woman old enough to give birth to you twice never", or is it the embarrassment he will likely face from his friends and strangers alike?

and then, you will have to face those with the usual question of infertility. how many eggs does she have left in there etc

we still have a long way to go.
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by eddy1977(m): 6:52am On Mar 13, 2010
i would

a rich older woman is prettier than a broke a$$ younger one.
even the s e x is good.

have u ever ffuuuckked an older clean and curvy woman? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

priceless

now add money to the equation? mmmmmm delicious

keep an eye on your friend's relationship; if they split,would u please let me know so that i could also place my bid on this sugar mama.
dip her in honey and throw her to me cool
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by eddy1977(m): 6:54am On Mar 13, 2010
i am just in a silly mood 2nite grin grin grin
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by ayettymama(f): 6:56am On Mar 13, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Sissy3(f): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2010
eddy1977:

i am just in a silly mood 2nite  grin grin grin

hehehe i believe you after this  grin grin grin

eddy1977:

i would

a rich older woman is prettier than a broke a$$ younger one.
even the    s   e   x   is good.

have u ever ffuuuckked an older clean and curvy woman?   mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

priceless

now add money to the equation?    mmmmmm  delicious   

keep an eye on your friend's relationship; if they split,would u please let me know  so that i  could also place my bid on this sugar mama.
dip her in honey and throw her to me  cool

ayettymama:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

we no get am 4 eye dockor here oo, so berra mind how u shine ur eyes b4 they pop out grin grin
Re: Men,can You Marry An Older Woman? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ok.

Everyone goes for what he/she likes, with different taste and mentality.

It depend on our mentality and choice.

I can't just blame anybody for whatever he/she does.

(1) (Reply)

Trapped In A Marriage / Recommend A Beautiful Name For My Baby!!! / How To Know When The Make Up Artist Is In Love With The Groom(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.