Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:03 PM

Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users (986 Views)

Whatsapp Business Adds New Features As It Hits 50 Million Monthly Active Users. / Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users / Telegram Hits 200 Million Monthly Active Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by TechZiga: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
Instagram has recorded a huge milestone as the popular social media site own by mark Mark Zuckerberg hits a record 800 Million Monthly Active Users. The photo and video sharing site made this announcement stating that it also has over 500 million daily active users.

The social site was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, was launched in October 2010. It was designed as a medium to share pictures and videos either publicly or privately to families and friends. The company successful growth started back in 2010 when it recorded one million registered users in just two months of its launch. Later that same year, the company announced a record 10 million activate uses.

In April 2017, the company revealed that it has 700 million monthly active users and that users of the site have uploaded over 40 billion photos to the service as of October 2015. With Instagram having the potential of being a huge success, Mark Zuckerberg and his team at Facebook acquired Instagram in April 2012 at a price tag of US$1 billion in cash and stock.

Some new features introduced by Instagram include ability to block and disable comments and also the introduction of filter for both recorded and live videos

Source: http://www.techchairman.com/2017/09/instagram-hits-800-million-monthly.html

Re: Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by paiz: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good
Re: Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by lastbaff(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
Wow
Re: Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by TechZiga: 7:46am On Sep 27, 2017
Yea imagine the growth at such a short time
lastbaff:
Wow

1 Like

Re: Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by lastbaff(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
TechZiga:
Yea imagine the growth at such a short time
Branding and marketing...Money dey
Re: Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by MarkWayne89: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
Oh my...that's huge! I remember the first days of using Instagram, on my iPhone 3G...
Re: Instagram Hits 800 Million Monthly Active Users by TechZiga: 1:05am On Sep 28, 2017
lol yea
MarkWayne89:
Oh my...that's huge! I remember the first days of using Instagram, on my iPhone 3G...

(1) (Reply)

Google Assistant Can Now Identify Songs Playing Around You / Root Help!!!! I Am Having Problems With Rerooting My Phone / Tstv Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.