Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly (17238 Views)

Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time / ₦70m: Amazing Images Of Land Rover Discovery Converted Into A Mobile Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by obafemee80(m): 11:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/290/akFDuZ.jpg[/img]

Jaguar Land Rover is developing a car technology which will shut or open sunroof, automatically close windows or turn on the heating by detecting the change in weather. Not just that,adjustments would be made with safety features of the cars like brakes, traction control and windscreen wiper settings as per the data received.

Jaguar Land Rover even goes so far as to say the cars will be able to predict the weather better than forecasters,by focusing on local conditions.

The weather forecasting system uses a suite of air pressure,humidity and light sensors to help its vehicles predict changes in conditions and adapt to them.

Cars equipped with the system could tweak the air conditioning if it finds the weather is getting warmer during a journey or increase the cabin temperature if it will get colder.

Safety features such as the braking system, traction control and windscreen wiper settings could also be automatically adjusted to ensure the vehicle can cope with the incoming weather.

The patent said: “The forecast may be a forecast of the likelihood of rain. 'The forecast may indicate there is a likelihood of one or more weather conditions, such as rain, within a predetermined period of time, such as five minutes,although it will be realised that other time periods may be used.”

The vehicle may then adapt to the local weather conditions.
In particular,it may close one or more windows,or close a roof of the vehicle in response to a forecast being indicative of rain.

https://autojosh.com/jaguar-land-rover-patents-car-predicts-weather-adapts-accordingly/
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:51am On Sep 27, 2017
imagine buying this as a salvaged flooded vehicle!

In hot maiduguri weather it will just switch on the heater! tongue

In 15deg weather in jos it will be firing mortuary standard A/C grin

Cars like this should only be gotten as brand new.

30 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by computerglobal(m): 6:00am On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Boss

Na die be dat

Mortuary standard A/c grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by wildcatter23(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2017
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Yomzzyblog: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Claimsfit: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2017
Space
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by ZUBY77(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2017
Just go to Synagogue, Redeem, Winners.
Close your eyes and pray, these features will automatically come to your Toyota Camry 1994 model. Is there nothing impossible for the Mega represatives of God in Lagos?

And please there is no need reminding me about touching your anointed, there is nothing harmful in reminding you its time to wake up to realities.

7 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Gmekx(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by ibkgab001: 6:55am On Sep 27, 2017
And we are patenting NGO laws here in Nigeria

God should come and wipe off everything in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Sheuns(m): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Na kilishi be that for maiduguri o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by SoftDealz: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2017
undecided
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by StreetSoldier(m): 6:59am On Sep 27, 2017
I marvel at such technology.
But , I'm curious to know how effective it can be in our region where it can get wet instantly when the sun is still shining.

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by StreetSoldier(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2017
ZUBY77:
Close your eyes and pray, these features will automatically come to your Toyota Camry 1994 model. Is there nothing impossible for the Mega represatives of God in Lagos?
Your point being?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by MustiizRaja(m): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2017
Weldone
this people sha wan turn everything to technology
lol like weather forecaster wey dey work for channels
e go come work talk say my car predicted weather to be warn cos my window opened itsef.. ani Americans won't kill us
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by psalmson001: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2017
Abeg make dem come test drive the car in Nigeria where rain can be falling in your compound, but your neighbour's compound is sunny.
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by bejeria101(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2017
And we want to invent pencil! Na wa!
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by JaffyJoe(m): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2017
StreetSoldier:

Your point being?

A very lame attempt at satire by him.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by chloedogie(m): 7:15am On Sep 27, 2017
ZUBY77:

And please there is no need reminding me about touching your anointed, there is nothing harmful in reminding you its time to wake up to realities.

first of all make your comment on that write up above constructively and let's see how you are more intelligent than those that worship in the said churches. Even with the epic funny response of gazzuz, he still made a good point which is very possible. Now as for you, the only thing you can say is going religious. Let us even hear you out first and see your level of wisdom. Tell us your own opinion about the said car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by StreetSoldier(m): 7:19am On Sep 27, 2017
JaffyJoe:

A very lame attempt at satire by him.
You got that right. cheesy
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Iamsammy(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2017
computerglobal:

Boss

Na die be dat

Mortuary standard A/c grin grin
this guy ehn, u cracked my ribs this mrng. One pack of B&H for u
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by bettercreature(m): 7:41am On Sep 27, 2017
Another useless function to extort the gullibles
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by refreshrate: 7:56am On Sep 27, 2017
StreetSoldier:

Your point being?

How dense he is obviously! Abi how else do you describe someone who believes he's so intelligent but talks totally off point?
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by 2shure: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2017
When tbey test drive it here in naija
There would be multiple panics
If coti dey near u
The doors go automatically lock.
Steering lock
A/c on
Music off.
Aun roof
Locked.
Then small car wash touch am.
Na instant electric shock
Tyres go deflate.

E nor fit work for naija
Why
Cause we don too cast
If pot hole nor cast am
Coti go cast am
Or okada men go bash am
Then the weather tech nor go gree work
Wifi signal..permanently lost

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by rerhji(m): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2017
nice one..........i think I gats visit IVM as a meteorologist and tell dem mk dem employ me so we can incorporate dis in dia product or mk I start my own company wey go de re-modify already produced car.........

na d fear of looking for job de mk me think like dis no b my fault #teammeteorologist
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by newslifeop: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Habyz(m): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2017
ibkgab001:
And we are patenting NGO laws here in Nigeria

God should come and wipe off everything in this country
A company owns the car not a country, if you feel like you tired of being a Nigerian get out of the country and obtain citizenship elsewhere. After the prosperity of Nigeria make sure you don't even think for a second that you're Nigerian.
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Nemesis1: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2017
Which one is jaguar Landover?
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by valemtech(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2017
We are authorised to advertise on yahoo login page, mail and home page in Nigeria
we can also help u drive traffic to ur online store,website or get likes to ur facebook page.
Call or whatsap:08037607036

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by wonlasewonimi: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2017
Yeah. Internet of Things.
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 27, 2017
StreetSoldier:
I marvel at such technology.
But , I'm curious to know how effective it can be in our region where it can get wet instantly when the sun is still shining.

I'm 22, graduate and was working on this idea, using weather forecasts for multiple purposes to enhance the utility of vehicles. Presently going through the nitty gritties of thermodynamics and heat transfer to make the process as energy efficient as possible. Then I come online and see that it has been done already.
Deflating.
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Nukilia: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2017
myking95:

I'm 22, graduate and was working on this idea, using weather forecasts for multiple purposes to enhance the utility of vehicles. Presently going through the nitty gritties of thermodynamics and heat transfer to make the process as energy efficient as possible. Then I come online and see that it has been done already.
Deflating.

Are you doing the research in Nigeria or outside?
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly by Nukilia: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2017
Welcome to the world of ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify / These Are The Dirtiest And The Most Germ-riddled Parts Of Your Car-By Motorpoint / FORGET THE BRAKE. YOU’LL DRIVE ELECTRIC CARS WITH ONE PEDAL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.