Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL (755 Views)

Dry Season Farming: Wheat Harvesting In Kano State / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos) / Coscharis Is Developing Infrastructures For Dry Season Farming In Anambra- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by SokoDobo: 3:29am On Sep 27, 2017
The Federal Government will spend over N17bn in this year’s dry season farming under its anchor borrower scheme.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-ZGER9ukTzsI/WcsK4Qus1zI/AAAAAAAAA7Y/UG1kT3W33KcLPucZdchVOiGUa65LQeJuACLcBGAs/s320/agric.jpg[/img]

The Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing Agriculture Lending (NIRSAL), Aliyu Hameed, disclosed this yesterday in Abuja at the ongoing AgrikExpo and Conference, organised by the Nigeria Agribusiness Group (NABG).

Hameed said in the past few weeks, NIRSAL had disbursed a total of ₦N2.3bn to 24,000 rice farmers in Kebbi and Adamawa states, adding that a large percentage of the money would be disbursed to the farmers nation-wide during the dry season.

“We have profiled, so far, about 53,000 farmers and in our dry season plans; we are going to vote over ₦N17bn for the scheme. Now the anchor borrower programme does not cover crops alone, it is supposed to cover all commercially viable agricultural crop commodities, livestock, fishery among others. Whatever makes commercial sense, the anchor borrower financing and private financing can support it,” he said.
Hameed further said that the first phase of the scheme involving about ₦N10bn would have impact on 200,000 lives, lead to cultivation of 12,000 hectares of land and increase national output by about 50,000 metric tonnes in the next few months.
He said NIRSAL is collaborating with banks to assist states in order to boost their agricultural output.

Hameed implored anyone with interest in agriculture to make a smart move and route it through NIRSAL who would be the necessary risk management for that person.
He, however, said the best way to bring in small scale farmers into the scheme is through aggregation.

Source: http://arewawatch..com.ng/2017/09/fg-to-spend-over-n17bn-on-dry-season.html
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by Willybos(m): 4:43am On Sep 27, 2017
Ok
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by sarrki(m): 4:53am On Sep 27, 2017
I don't buy this

That's just too much on dry season

We have dams virtually in all our region

We have fadama, upper river basin, chad river basin, Hadejia jaamare river basin and different government agencies on agriculture that there farm implements are laying down fallow .

What was the money spent on ?

Irrigation ?

Seedlings ?

Training ?

Farm implements ?

Chemicals ?

Land preparation or what ?
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by Evablizin(f): 5:26am On Sep 27, 2017
17bn ke,i guess this is another way to redirect money.
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by Nbote(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
I don't buy this

We have fadama, upper river basin, chad river basin, Hadejia jaamare river basin and different government agencies on agriculture that there farm implements are laying down fallow .

Irrigation ?

Seedlings ?

Training ?

Farm implements ?

Chemicals ?

Lolzzz... Even dis one shock u abi.. It's too late to start wailing.. I expected to see u in d other thread of FG and CBN back door scam but I'm pretty sure u ran away from d thread
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by ArewaWatch: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
I don't buy this

Irrigation ?

Seedlings ?

Training ?

Farm implements ?

Chemicals ?

NIRSAL doesn't spend money directly on projects, they rather lend money to farmers either directly or through some selected banks like BOA. Read the post well. They have so far profiled 53,000 farmers. should they eventually go with 100,000 farmers, that's just about 170k per farmer from the 17bn.

I don't think 170k will be sufficient to cultivate more than one hectare at dry season.
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by sarrki(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2017
ArewaWatch:

NIRSAL doesn't spend money directly on projects, they rather lend money to farmers either directly or through some selected banks like BOA. Read the post well. They have so far profiled 53,000 farmers. should they eventually go with 100,000 farmers, that's just about 170k per farmer from the 17bn.

I don't think 170k will be sufficient to cultivate more than one hectare at dry season.

Anywhere in Nigeria this is the highest you can cultivate 1 hectare , I mean when its on the high side

Modern day rice farming

5, 000 for hire of a hectare

33,500 for chemical including labor for spraying

You need a bag or Two depending on the bedding system advisable ploughing its OK

For a bag or two its 24,000

Then transplanting which will not be more than 15,000 per hectare

Then post emergence after 21 days at 11,000 with labor

Feterlizer after a month plus of post emergence urea 7500

Another ferterlizer when it's Tersling

170 is far too much bro

Correct me of am wrong

Am not using syllabuses

Experience over the years
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by dannytoe(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2017
Only for northerners.....................95% for North and 5% for southeast
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by stagger: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:

Anywhere in Nigeria this is the highest you can cultivate 1 hectare , I mean when its on the high side

Modern day rice farming

You need a bag or Two depending on the bedding system advisable ploughing its OK

170 is far too much bro

Correct me of am wrong

Am not using syllabuses

You are wrong. All your figures are off, especially when you say "anywhere in Nigeria" as if you have planted rice everywhere in Nigeria. Come to Nasarawa state where tractor hire in many places is N35,000 per hectare, and get the cost of chemicals, labour and other inputs. Then you will know that what works in one location cannot work in another location.

So do not generalize.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by stagger: 10:11am On Sep 27, 2017
dannytoe:
Only for northerners.....................95% for North and 5% for southeast

Is Ebonyi State in the North? Why is rice not being farmed in the South South where it rains virtually all year round? They prefer to collect money from oil companies because it is "our oil", then drink Sapele water all day long.

Our youths down in the Niger Delta are lazy. I have said is severally. The work that Northerners are doing on my farms will be hard to replicate in the South South because of the lazy attitude of our youths.

As you make your bed, so you lie on it.
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by sarrki(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2017
stagger:

You are wrong. All your figures are off, especially when you say "anywhere in Nigeria" as if you have planted rice everywhere in Nigeria. Come to Nasarawa state where tractor hire in many places is N35,000 per hectare, and get the cost of chemicals, labour and other inputs. Then you will know that what works in one location cannot work in another location.

So do not generalize.

Brother tractor in Doma is 15k

I have 25 hectares presently as we speak

Having said that

There are modern ways of doing it

No need for tractor

Overdose of Gramazole will do the needful

You only need to broadcast after 4 days
Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by ArewaWatch: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:

Modern day rice farming

170 is far too much bro

Correct me of am wrong

Am not using syllabuses

Bro, am not an expert in farming, so i wont dispute your figures.

However, notice that i said 170k wont be sufficient for more than one hectare, which your figures somehow support. Also remember that dry season farming is more expensive when compared to rainy season, especially if your farm is far from a water source (river, stream, etc)

Besides the point i was trying to draw your attention to is that the 17bn naira budget is strictly for lending to farmers, which is way too small, but kudos to the fg still, half bread they say is better than none.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Spend Over N17bn On Dry Season Farming – NIRSAL by stagger: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:

Brother tractor in Doma is 15k

I have 25 hectares presently as we speak

Having said that

There are modern ways of doing it

No need for tractor

Overdose of Gramazole will do the needful

You only need to broadcast after 4 days

Tractor in Gora is 35k. You can see that even in the same state, price is different.

(1) (Reply)

We Can Supply Cashew Roasting Machine In Nigeria / Rice Milling Machines Needed / Please Let's Address This Issue Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.