Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) (38038 Views)

Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion / Meet Ebere Asonibe, A Graduate Who Is A Native Doctor / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by MrGist: 6:22am On Sep 27, 2017
@GISTMORE

Nkem Okechukwu is a brilliant Nigerian man whose journey took an unexpected turn after he graduated from the University of Ibadan (UI). The young man resorted to the tapping and selling of palmwine after he tried hard to find a job.

NAIJ had an exclusive chat with the young and vibrant man who was recommended by his wife. She listed him as one of the bravest men she has ever known with his decision to use his skills and not give in to the evil vices in the society. Nkem Okechukwu’s story is not just touching; it is inspiring as the impatient graduates in the society can learn one or two things from him.

He has done his best in creating a job for himself while waiting for fate to deliver that dream job unto him. Most importantly, he is not idle and seems to be impacting the lives of those around him positively.

I am known as Nkem Okechukwu Confidence. I was born in November 1987. I am the last child of seven children and come from a very humble family. I attended University of Ibadan between 2010 to 2014, where I got a degree in Communication and Language Arts(CLA).

National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was the next thing for me. I started my service at Government Day Secondary school at Pupule, Yorro local government area of Taraba before I moved on to Imade College in Owo local government area of Ondo state.

How did you start selling palm wine? Whose idea was it?

Selling palm wine was nobody's idea. It was something I thought about by myself. Notwithstanding, the real idea came from the popular music of no employment.

Tell us about the things you do asides being a palm wine tapper and seller?

I do not do much asides tapping palm wine. It could be exhausting so I sleep whenever am tired! Have you been able to generate funds from the sales? How much do you make per day? Concerning fund generation, palm wine tapping and selling is quite lucrative as tedious as it is. I make an average of ten to fifteen thousand naira daily.

What major challenges have you tried to overcome since you began?

The only challenge I have been battling with is rain. Tapping palm wine when it is raining is quite difficult. Rain disrupts the supply of palm wine from the tree. I end up tapping twice on a normal day. You either get drenched in the rain or sit back at home.

What major progress have you recorded since you started?

With palm wine, I have been able to take good care of myself and my immediate family. Also, I have been able to buy a car and some plots of land right here in Owo and in my village, Okpoto, in Ebonyi state.

How do you feel with your choice of work when you run into your colleagues?

I am not intimidated by anyone. Tapping and selling palm wine is something most people are not willing to do. They look down on those doing it as they do not know it pays. Sincerely, tapping and selling palm wine pays a great deal.

What is your future ambition now?

My ambition is to change my line of business and go into a bigger and less stressful venture. I am working on starting something soon. What have you to say to other people struggling out there? I basically want the young ones out there to know that those who make it are those who are tough. It is important for them to use what they have to work towards getting that which they do not have.

Funny enough, l started this palm wine business with less than twenty thousand naira; the story is different today as I make more than seventy thousand naira per week. So, do not wait to have a million naira in your account before you start something.

What would you like to be remembered for? I want people to only remember me for being good. Lucky Dube already sang about it when he asked people to do good unto those they meet up the ladder as they would be needed when descending.

Gist Via: http://www.gistmore.com/meet-nkem-okechukwu-brilliant-ui-graduate-taps-sells-palm-wine-photos

Gist Via: http://www.gistmore.com/meet-nkem-okechukwu-brilliant-ui-graduate-taps-sells-palm-wine-photos

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by yuncka: 6:27am On Sep 27, 2017
Nice one bro. God bless your hustle.

18 Likes

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by potent5(m): 6:31am On Sep 27, 2017
Speechless. The guy above me says "nice one bro".

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 27, 2017
Let him be creative and look for something else to do joor.

Why spend 4 years in a University like UNN and tap palmwine undecided

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by potent5(m): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2017
yuncka:
Nice one bro. God bless your hustle.
Seriously? After waec and jamb wahala, escaping and avoiding cult boys in university and then NYSC wahala in the north, etc. and you say "nice one bro" ?

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Homeboiy: 6:37am On Sep 27, 2017
Bus driver better pass

6 Likes

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Supersuave2(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2017
10 to 15k daily?

let's say he makes 10k everyday,

10k*7= 70k a week
10k*30=300k a month

let's say he spends 5k to buy panadol and tramadol to stay sharp, he still has not less than 300k a month considering he makes more than 10k a day.

Omo, this business wan make sense o! But where I wan see palm tree now,angry and I dunno how to climb sefcry

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by biacan(f): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2017
potent5:
Speechless. The guy above me says "nice one bro".

just don't know why I can't stop loving this guys memo that you posted here......his face makes me laugh.....and his lips are so fleshy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Adebola02(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2017
I'll strongly advise him to rebrand his business

That will go a long way in promoting his business

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Jacktheripper: 7:04am On Sep 27, 2017
biacan:

just don't know why I can't stop loving this guys memo that you posted here......his face makes me laugh.....and his lips are so fleshy

Gay alert

5 Likes

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by potent5(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2017
biacan:

I know him wella. Would you like to meet? Can arrange it. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by brainpulse: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2017
This is a very good & worthy one while your tribes men derived pleasure in illegal job activities you have taken up courage and pride in good work.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by DanielsParker(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2017
how do you know he is brilliant?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Naijashortcode(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by BackToLife: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2017
Ok.
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by JoshMedia: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2017
Keep on with it, then you see how God will change everything to be better in a short time
You are better than tout
.................................robbers
.................................looters
.................................Idleman
................................. Internet Fraudsters

In no time you will see God's mercy and favour
Keep your determination to succeed unshaken!
Good Luck.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2017
Any way to make this profession sound better? Apart from the palmwine tapper shocked shocked
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by BornAgainMay: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2017
Keep it up bro.

You can add hunting to it

1 Like

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2017
cool we Afonja train people to be useful/respectful to to the society.Those ones Dat Kal themselves Igbos miscreants following dat lunatic, hunchback school dropout terrorist better think twice..God bless u Nkem okechukwu.U'll shine

5 Likes

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by tripoli007(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2017
Name checkers Una ever reach here .. Afonja and abokii another developer buying lands in OWO ondo state .. Afonja biggest problem is that they re too timid, they don't travel to explore and Conquer .God bless every Igbo man

11 Likes

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2017
Nice one, Nkem.
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by olamil34(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2017
more blessing to ur hustle but i don't mind a keg or two of palm wine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Maniche44(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2017
God bless u bro. ije uwa adiro easy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by luminouz(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2017
biacan:

Na d fleshy lips u go notice ....mtchewwww!!!
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Adaumunocha(f): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2017
His village people has tampered with his star!
Holyghost fire! Palmwine tapping? UI graduate? The devil is a liar. Unless he's distributing and not tapping it himself.
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Moreoffaith(m): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2017
With all this thing wey this young man go through now, one useless girl go come say na 500k wedding gown she wan wear for event of less than 12 hrs....

Every lady on her way to ruin your life will surely die by thunder and not by fire.

AMEN.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2017
What!? shocked
I'm not against this but I'm afraid of the accident from the climbing.
He could take a fall shocked lipsrsealed
God I beg oooo embarassed
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by Truckpusher(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2017
Supersuave2:
10 to 15k daily?

let's say he makes 10k everyday,

10k*7= 70k a week
10k*30=300k a month

let's say he spends 5k to buy panadol and tramadol to stay sharp, he still has not less than 300k a month considering he makes more than 10k a day.

Omo, this business wan make sense o! But where I wan see palm tree now,angry and I dunno how to climb sefcry
grin grin grin
Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by ZeeBaba17(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2017
some business are very lucrative just that pple tend to look down on it, imagine a palm wine tapper making close to #250k per month yet bankers are scrambling for #80k job. my advice to him though is to use the education he has acquired to repackaged himself and the business and he'll be the envy of his school colleagues

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) by 2shure: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2017
Forgeti
Pami my dhic
Dis chair dey drink beer
Dey cancel bottles for platinum by awolowo junction bodija
Abegi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend / 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office / Anambra Lawyer Slumps, Dies In Court Room During Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.