Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,029 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

World's Greatest Drag Race 7 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / World's Greatest Drag Race 7 (4176 Views)

Drag Race Nigeria / Drag Race: Formula E Car Vs Cheetah Who Will Win? / 6-Wheel Devel Sixty Monster SUV Smokes Mercedes-AMG GT Sports Car In Drag Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
Denn:

The Maybach comes in...

The RR is a BMW 7 series under that facade of luxury

Baba this is specifically racing open another thread for luxury and see the Rolls-Royce top the maybach, the maybach will edge the continental flying-spur with performance
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 12:19am On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:

ok nah, real time racing is different from all these chest beating the Nissan has been tested and trusted, the skyline upgraded to the GTR and has never dissapointed am not saying the GTR is the best thing ever but no benz + AMG + maybach all join together has made the GTR useless. first 6 fastest drag race ride will always have the 2013 NISMO GTR in the list this is a 2.3secs 0-62mph ride and you are still talking about C63 S undecided what is the C63 S 2017 time 3.8secs chai AMG ti gba penalty wor throwing
yes but you don't know your cars, u are just here beating on Benz because you hate how great they are. Yes I said that. The gtr has never disappointed?? No allow make Porsche 911 gt3 rs hear you oh grin. Like I said, the gtr is a quarter mile king, but anything after that it gets eaten up, even the Audi r8 v10 eats it for breakfast. Yes 3.8secs from a compact luxury sedan, that's a huge thing to be proud of if you are a car company, and add all wheel drive to that car and you'll be blown away. Are u not ashamed of defending your "fast" nissan super car from a so called luxury car?? grin And I said e63s not c63s. So once again, know your cars. Oh wait you can't because your Nissan almera has left you in the past lol grin

3 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 12:28am On Sep 28, 2017
Readonee35L:

Always defending the Benz.
Mercedes is a nice car.
But even with the Amg division, it's gonna get beaten.
This is 2017 not 2010 (Where Mercedes 6.2L V8 was King)
The only way the Benz can top that chart is if it's Brabus Tuned.

Nissan , Cadillac , Bmw M, Dodge/Jeep 6.2Supercharged 707Hp, Ati be be loh e.t.c.
Many cars like that will trash the Benz

I love Benz a little , But i think they should have improved their Natural 6.2L rather than switching to Twin Turbos
no one said Benz should top that chart. There is a Ferrari and McLaren in that line up for goodness Sake. Benz doesn't even have a car in that category, they had the sls but it was discontinued. We are talking about amg vs Nissan gtr here. If Benz wanted to top that chart, trust me they will. They are already topping the sport electric car category, look up Mercedes amg project one. And for ur information, Benz just made a new engine. 4.0 biturbo v8 with 612bhp.

3 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2017
king406:
yes but you don't know your cars, u are just here beating on Benz because you hate how great they are. Yes I said that. The gtr has never disappointed?? No allow make Porsche 911 gt3 rs hear you oh grin. Like I said, the gtr is a quarter mile king, but anything after that it gets eaten up, even the Audi r8 v10 eats it for breakfast. Yes 3.8secs from a compact luxury sedan, that's a huge thing to be proud of if you are a car company, and add all wheel drive to that car and you'll be blown away. Are u not ashamed of defending your "fast" nissan super car from a so called luxury car?? grin And I said e63s not c63s. So once again, know your cars. Oh wait you can't because your Nissan almera has left you in the past lol grin

We @ Nissan motor corporation don't make excuses for failure, we learn from it, how many king of the track can boost superiority with a V6 engine?

Now let me tell you no car has the advantage of all race parameters, you either pick some and loose some. The ford GT used to be king of top speed, the opel roadster and Mazda rx were the formidable corner king, the Nissan Gtr was the drag king but as usual things change.

Your E63 S, S63 S coupe, CLA etc will lose to the Nissan GTR the Benz doesn't have a solution to the destructive power of the 3.8 L VR38DETT twin-turbo
V6 probably Benz may have a solution in 2025 by then Nissan would have gone all electric grin

PS I don't hate Benz, I respect all car makers because they have stamped possibilities in the Sands of time
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Denn(m): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:

Baba this is specifically racing open another thread for luxury and see the Rolls-Royce top the maybach, the maybach will edge the continental flying-spur with performance

You are beating round the bush.

First, you said no one races a RR (even after you unilaterally introduced the RR to this thread. Then you say another thread should be opened for luxury performance.

Stick to one side of the gun and shoot
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2017
Denn:

You are beating round the bush.

First, you said no one races a RR (even after you unilaterally introduced the RR to this thread. Then you say another thread should be opened for luxury performance.

Stick to one side of the gun and shoot

Baba take it easy, we are not fighting. The first guy said AMG isn't about performance but luxury and I said if I pitch the AMG (which will only be the S-class and it's many variants) in the luxury division it will loose. Off course it has been done against the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Continental flying spur it came second behind the RR. I am not saying we should drag race 5k pounds of metal nah
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by LeJeun3: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2017

Lemme come and be going...........

I still won't own a Tesla doesn't give me the orgasm I desire when driving for speed..........

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by timifakay(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHf2ejIZ44g
So, nah wetin dey inside this Patrol be this... No wonder.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:

We @ Nissan motor corporation don't make excuses for failure, we learn from it, how many king of the track can boost superiority with a V6 engine?

Now let me tell you no car has the advantage of all race parameters, you either pick some and loose some. The ford GT used to be king of top speed, the opel roadster and Mazda rx were the formidable corner king, the Nissan Gtr was the drag king but as usual things change.

Your E63 S, S63 S coupe, CLA etc will lose to the Nissan GTR the Benz doesn't have a solution to the destructive power of the 3.8 L VR38DETT twin-turbo
V6 probably Benz may have a solution in 2025 by then Nissan would have gone all electric grin

PS I don't hate Benz, I respect all car makers because they have stamped possibilities in the Sands of time
we at Mercedes-Amg have never failed, we invented the car anyways. Not many can boast a v6 super car but I know Porsche's flat 6 cylinder engines are the kings of all 6 cylinder engines. Gtr never beat Porsche 911 gt3 in drag races, the gtr fanboys managed to make that fade away. The new e63s that was unveiled two months ago won't lose to ur gtr, even the s63 will eat the Nissan in a half mile race. CLA?? Why bring CLA into this convo? Anyway it won the best 4 cyl engine on 2015. Just for your records I hope you know it was Mercedes-amg that built the legendary McLaren F1's engine that was the fastest car in the world for almost 10years before bugatti came. I also hope that you know Mercedes-amg makes the iconic pagani Zonda 's/huayra 7 litre v12, currently the 7th or 8th fastest car (not sure). I am hoping you know about the legendary icon CLK-GTR. And Yes, Nissan has already gone all electric, checkout the mighty Nissan leaf shocked

4 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
king406:
we at Mercedes-Amg have never failed, we invented the car anyways. Not many can boast a v6 super car but I know Porsche's flat 6 cylinder engines are the kings of all 6 cylinder engines. Gtr never beat Porsche 911 gt3 in drag races, the gtr fanboys managed to make that fade away. The new e63s that was unveiled two months ago won't lose to ur gtr, even the s63 will eat the Nissan in a half mile race. CLA?? Why bring CLA into this convo? Anyway it won the best 4 cyl engine on 2015. Just for your records I hope you know it was Mercedes-amg that built the legendary McLaren F1's engine that was the fastest car in the world for almost 10years before bugatti came. I also hope that you know Mercedes-amg makes the iconic pagani Zonda 's/huayra 7 litre v12, currently the 7th or 8th fastest car (not sure). I am hoping you know about the legendary icon CLK-GTR. And Yes, Nissan has already gone all electric, checkout the mighty Nissan leaf shocked

Pride goes before destruction try again your 2018 E63 S is still slow 0-62mph in 3.4secs quarter mile at 11.4secs try again keep the AMGs coming they will still get beaten by 3.8 L VR38DETT twin-turbo V6 but this time try something in the V12 league cool
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:

Pride goes before destruction try again your 2018 E63 S is still slow 0-62mph in 3.4secs quarter mile at 11.4secs try again keep the AMGs coming they will still get beaten by 3.8 L VR38DETT twin-turbo V6 but this time try something in the V12 league cool
u keep bringing up 0-60 times, that doesn't totally show what a car is capable of, and so do quarter mile drag races. In this category of cars they hit about 120-125mph in a quarter mile and that's just about 200kmh. That is not a lot of speed, 200kmh is when these cars actually start to get going. Maybe for u 200kmh I a lot because almera cannot get to that speed tongue anyway watch this video and you'll understand what I mean. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-CYm8qvb2o
If that race had been 3secs longer the amg would have won, even the Audi would come back to pass the Nissan

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by sultaan(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mercedes did do well in the Lightening lap on the VIR track but when the cost and time is considered a Camaro will be a better option I am not sure how a Mustang 350GT would have performed but cost of ownership will be a lot lower.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2017-every-lap-time-and-full-data-feature
Speed,luxury, and performance are distinct features of cars different users look for and it is hard for a car to be the best in all.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by DaimlerBen(m): 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:

Baba take it easy, we are not fighting. The first guy said AMG isn't about performance but luxury and I said if I pitch the AMG (which will only be the S-class and it's many variants) in the luxury division it will loose. Off course it has been done against the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Continental flying spur it came second behind the RR. I am not saying we should drag race 5k pounds of metal nah
Mis-qouter! tongue

king406:
...Just for your records I hope you know it was Mercedes-amg that built the legendary McLaren F1's engine that was the fastest car in the world for almost 10years before bugatti came...
Errm...No, that was BMW. sad
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Mis-qouter! tongue

Errm...No, that was BMW. sad
my mistake. I thought it was amg because they supplied engines to McLaren from 1995-2014. The F1 was made in 1993 before amg started supplying engines to them. Anyway, AMG supplies engines to Aston Martin grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by kingreign(m): 2:50am On Sep 29, 2017
Where are all the Peugeot fan boys? tongue tongue
Dem dey call cars, una go bring wheelbarrow Peugeot come angry

3 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by mammanbawa: 7:33am On Dec 11, 2017
nurey:

Hey jap dude, pitch it against a jap mobile and let's do the comparison.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 9:21am On Dec 11, 2017
mammanbawa:

Hey jap dude, pitch it against a jap mobile and let's do the comparison.

What are you pitching against what, let me know and we do the comparison.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by mammanbawa: 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
nurey:

What are you pitching against what, let me know and we do the comparison.
S63 amg vs ls500
C63 amg vs isf
E63 amg vs gsf
Sls amg vs LFA

Let's do it properly.

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by sultaan(m): 4:05am On Dec 12, 2017
mammanbawa:

S63 amg vs ls500
C63 amg vs isf
E63 amg vs gsf
Sls amg vs LFA

Let's do it properly.

Next year take all of them and go against the Tesla roadsters 2.0
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 7:23am On Dec 12, 2017
mammanbawa:

S63 amg vs ls500
C63 amg vs isf
E63 amg vs gsf
Sls amg vs LFA

Let's do it properly.

You are already biased in your comparison, you picked S63amg but picked LS500 for Lexus I don't know where you got that from.

But you should have just compared Mercedes-Benz to Lexus {company to company} instead of listing out all their car models since you want to make a statement.

The Nissan GTR was better than the Amg in the race as you can see the evidence there is no need hating any car maker rather give them respect.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by mammanbawa: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2017
sultaan:

Next year take all of them and go against the Tesla roadsters 2.0

To get them whooped?
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by mammanbawa: 8:32am On Dec 12, 2017
nurey:

You are already biased in your comparison, you picked S63amg but picked LS500 for Lexus I don't know where you got that from.

But you should have just compared Mercedes-Benz to Lexus {company to company} instead of listing out all their car models since you want to make a statement.

The Nissan GTR was better than the Amg in the race as you can see the evidence there is no need hating any car maker rather give them respect.

Your statement " if I pitch the amg"
That's why my comparison is amg based
And yes, we can't compare two car companies but we can compare their models which I've done.
To satisfy you, forget about the s63 take the s500 and.....
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2017
mammanbawa:

Your statement " if I pitch the amg"
That's why my comparison is amg based
And yes, we can't compare two car companies but we can compare their models which I've done.
To satisfy you, forget about the s63 take the s500 and.....

No, let's pitch the AMg against a Rolls-Royce or Bentley. Pick the one you like.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by mammanbawa: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
nurey:

No, let's pitch the AMg against a Rolls-Royce or Bentley. Pick the one you like.

Amg is luxury performance
The proper comparison is mercedes maybach vs any British, Japanese and American luxury car.

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2018
This is almost a year after and Benz/AMG have not built anything faster than the GTR.

The 2013 GTR NISMO is still king over AMG any day anytime.

I hope the Benz fan boys will accept defeat before the year runs out by 1/1/19 it would make six years of night mare reality caused by VR38DETT to some people

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by 9icetoo(m): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
nurey:
This is almost a year after and Benz/AMG have not built anything faster than the GTR.

I hope the Benz fan boys will accept defeat before the year runs out by 1/1/19 it would make six years of night mare reality caused by VR38DETT to some people
grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
king406:
chief, that AMG GTR is not about straight line speed, it is about track racing with tight corners, that's why it's called a grand turismo racer. I love Nissan gtr, but it won that race because it is all wheel drive, and it too isn't built mainly for straight line speed. Put the two cars on the track and the Nissan will fall behind. If it were a 2018 AMG E63 S in that race, it would have been on par with the 488 or even the mclaren.
Even the AMG would have beaten the GTR if the race was run beyond quarter mile. Some of the vehicles would have consumed the Tesla too if they went beyond quarter mile.

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by mejai(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
nurey:

Benz fans dey vex for u oooo
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
nurey:

Please goan sidan. angry
Dem dey use quarter mile cook soup?

Anyway, just wait for when the AMG GT Black Series comes out next year. Godzilla go collect. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2006 - 20011 Honda Civic. Opinions Needed Pleeeeease / Overheating Sienna V6 3.3L With Cyl 6 Misfire / Honda Accord 2007 (Manual Transmission Drive) Engine Oil Shortage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.