Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot (1885 Views)

If You Need An Entertainment Job Come In! / Music Video Shoot Offer @ A Token Of 300k / Beautiful P.a Needed In An Entertainment Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Forestrock(f): 3:18am On Mar 05, 2010
Hello,

My artist ran off on the day of her vidoe shoot, her manager says she want to work alone becuase there is someone somewhere deciving her.

we have spent alot on tis artist ,we have a signed contract .

We are based in Lagos ,she lives in lagos.

She came for all the reharsals for the vidoe shoot and on the main day she sent me a text saying .i have wasted her time and thanks for nothing .i have spent 700,000 on this artist.i just need to do things by the book .

I have attached her picture to this mail ,her name is Bianca okorocha AKA CLAY

I NEED A GOOD ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER TO PUT A LEASH ON THIS ARTIST.

DO SEND ME A MAIL AT  studenttmag_@yahoo.com.

Shes just 21.

Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by tunjitsu(m): 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2010
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by triciasexy(f): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2010
Ejiro agbatutu,c.e.o of rootz records,u shld be ashamed of urself,u v bin wit a fantastic singer dat has d potential to become naija's finest 4 3years nd u cldnt evn release a single,talkles of doing oda things.m sure u knw there were neva rehearsals talkles of an imaginary video shoot.u movd ova 2 malaysia nd u tot u cld eat ur cake nd stil v it.wel evry1 can testify to u bin a fraud.i just hope u r nt lettn us nigerians dwn ova there.she decides to mve on,nd u try to lure her wit 100k.(insult) nd hatchd a plan wit a gal dat u wil shoot a video 4 her out of d blues,bt she rejects(smart of her),nd she also demands 4 her contract which u witheld for 9 months.why?Really stil wonda hw u spent 700k.sure u were acting too fast 4 ur brain.then all of a sudden u mailed her a fake contract dat dint contain most of its original contents 4rm malaysia where u stay, are u nt a fraud tryn to destroy sm1's lyf.nd let me hint,if u go to court ,they v a very very very strong evidence against u.thnk God dey were smart to do dat.V FUN MISTA.nd dnt u thnk u cld b sued 4 posting sm1's picture nd deformation of xcter.nxt tym thnk b4 u act.
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Forestrock(f): 5:32am On Jun 21, 2010
You are a pack of lies.

The common low life lying Nigerian.

This is what you are good at, I have songs of clay AKA bianca okorocha with me,do you Know this is the second time she has ran away .I know you know the truth

You poeple a amuse me,

After all the cash that I spent on her project .

One thing you should know Talent is not Enough ,

Ask her producer how much I gave him,did you attend the live show she had in V.I in a club I guess not .

She could not even Sing.

Having a Talent is not enough .

The contract is Legal she signed it and i still have it.
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by stagger: 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
Forestrock,

Can u post the full details of the contract you say you have with this artiste?

I know you say you may have spent money, but was this money part of the contract you signed or what? N700,000 in the entertainment world is a joke because it costs a whole lot more to put out good stuff.

What are the details of this contract?
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by triciasexy(f): 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2010
if she cannot sing,then why are u wasting your precious time on her, mr i have spent 700k, what a joke,money that is not enough to even produce an album, so who is the low life lier
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by DrKitaun(m): 2:01am On Jun 22, 2010
Tricia

who is this Bianca to u ?

4strock

since u could show her pix, can we peruse other equally docs ?
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by triciasexy(f): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
@dr kitaun,BIANCA IS AN ARTIST I MET AT A ROCK CONCERT AT THE VAULT,AND SHE JUST MESMERIZED ME AND V BIN A FRIEND SINCE THEN, THAT'
S Y I KNW AND V BIN FOLLOWING HER PROGRESS.DID MR FORESTROCK TELL U GUYS THAT HE REMOVED PAGES OF THE CONTRACT THAT CONTAINS CLAUSES 4 HER TO LEAVE THE CONTRACT.TELL HIM TO POST THE CONTRACT AND CHECK OUT THE NUMBERING OF THE PAGES, I HOPE HE DOESNT KNW HOW TO USE PHOTOSHOP
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by DrKitaun(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
tell Biance to come online and tell her story !

I believe she should be aware of this thread already . . .
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2010
Whatever disagreement you have, find a way to settle it amicably. An entertainment lawyer won't guarantee a great performance.

Also, I noticed that the artiste is beautiful. Is that why you posted the pics, to show us her beauty?

1 Like

Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by DrKitaun(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2010
Seunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !

where u dey since ?

no tell me say u no miss my wahala o . . . shocked
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Forestrock(f): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
[Tricisexy is soooooooooooo ignorant, the reason i called you a lowlife is Because you just heard her story and I posted that online and you wrote all that calling me a fraud
.700,000 do you know what that is ,it’s not small money to be thrown away .
did she tell you she ran off before, you talk about 3years did she explain what happen during those trying years, this Girl called Bianca ask her boy friend who happen to be the producer we were using to act like her father to call me to tell me that she does not want her daughter to continue on this part of becoming an artist. After months of recording. They thought they could do it on their own.
As a businessman I keep calling her, I have over 20 people who can testify to everything I did.
I believe you are trying to produce her now all the best. Her name is Clay but she just a “feet of clay”

When i wrote the contract i told her i would take care of her bills. I was giving this Girl allowance on a monthly bases went as far as buying her deodorant.
We were in the studio recording her album, she decided she would do the last song at night, the next day she and the producer claimed that the system crashed all the songs were gone .i mean this was 4 months of my time and Money.Triciasexy i know you know the truth .
Am very busy now but the truth is i would get to the bottom of this .Bianca is a shame I must tell you ,like i said talent would never be enough you need discipline which she does not have, she only has people like you making her confused, I kept every record of what I was spending on her .the contract we signed was what i sent to her ,She called and said that was not the contract she signed .I made her sign on every page ,Tricia sexy you have been monitoring her Progress how come she never told you about Rootz Music ?because this whole thing started about 3 months ago.
Yes she is beautiful,I bought those cloths for her everything she wearing with those girls it was all business an artist had to look presentable ,did she tell you about her heart condition.
Did she tell you about new grotto I took her to perform live which she could not deliever, that was eighty thousand down the drain but that’s business?
People with talent have to be guided.controlled if not it would never yield to anything.Triciasexy I don’t know you, maybe you are even the lady I gave money to for the video.
I saw a talent and I wanted to do something about it I believe that’s not a crime, but she wanted to be smart .take the music and sell for herself.A common low life .
Triciasexy how much does it cost to make a beat? let me tell you something you don’t know ,yes she can sing, Warner Music wanted to sign her that was our deal from day one .i would spend money for her songs then we share profits but I would give her cash for her up keep.Rootz Music for her was a means to an end
But where is she now, you are here talking out of your ass,
Stagger, 700,000 is not a joke, bringing out an album is in stages ,it has stages so we had spent 700,000 on the first stage, she ran off for over 13 months I got her back then she was trying to recover from her heart disease so I had to slow my roll .
why are you people so ignorant ,so fast to show ignorance.
Bianca to me is a BAD DEBT, IRRECOVERABLE DEBT, but that would not stop me from saying all this, 9ja we too form say we know.
Get your facts right before you say something. Stagger how much does it cost to bring out an album?

Triciasexy you would always be a low life, Sign her and bring out an album for her all the best.

I have her contract with me which we agreed to, I don’t have to show up here .we are not in court.
Dr kituan thanks for been open minded, I believe so much in Mother Nature it would take its course
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by stagger: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2010
I have a brother who is a music producer that has worked with several well known Nigerian artistes. He presently is building the careers of two young artistes.

HE HAS INVESTED MILLIONS OF HIS OWN MONEY INTO THE ARTISTES; producing, marketing, shooting videos, etc.

He learnt early enough that his success is tied to the success of his artistes. He is not like many so-called managers out there who are out to rip off artistes with draconian contracts.

If an artiste feels safe with a producer or manager, he/she will stay. Sheep will always stay where the grass is green, a fact that is apparently lost on many of you in the business.

Better go and settle with your artiste!
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Forestrock(f): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
She is damaged goods,heart condition,liar ,cheat.Greedy ,am the Best artist there is attitude.

Her mother even came to thank me in person .

Am done with the Music Business its a waste of my time and Resources ,let me tell you something about this artist, They are self distructive .

Ones they hear their Music on the radio they start acting up.Look closely at artist in Nigeria that are making it big time ,its more like Family.they are related with the poeple they work with.

When you are working with a complete stranger all they see or plan is to do you in,
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by DrKitaun(m): 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2010
stagger:

I have a brother who is a music producer that has worked with several well known Nigerian artistes. He presently is building the careers of two young artistes.

HE HAS INVESTED MILLIONS OF HIS OWN MONEY INTO THE ARTISTES; producing, marketing, shooting videos, etc.

He learnt early enough that his success is tied to the success of his artistes. He is not like many so-called managers out there who are out to rip off artistes with draconian contracts.

If an artiste feels safe with a producer or manager, he/she will stay. Sheep will always stay where the grass is green, a fact that is apparently lost on many of you in the business.

Better go and settle with your artiste!

I completely disagree . . .

N700,OOO down the drain just like that ? HELL NO !

Someone has an explanation to make . . .ur brov might have been luckier with God-fearing artistes but what about the so many self-destructing artistes all over the place ?

Lets be objective . . .Triciasexy is either Bianca or knows too much about this, we need to hear from this girl CLAY /. . . .

I am already thinking of circulating this pictures so that people beware of her in the entertainment industry if we cant get her to state her side . . .let Triciasexy help us get her online then we the jury of NL will know what to do . . .

This is a case that we might as well resolve somehow cool
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Forestrock(f): 4:15am On Jun 25, 2010
,Triciasexy Knows Clay he must have been the guy behind all this while .NL Jury we can start this change online I believe in you.

Triciasexy get clay online, let her tell her story and let people be the judge, i heard she wants to change her name, I have all her Numbers when I call she deliberately hangs up

Triciasexy you bring clay online then I would post the contract which is in black and white, I did not remove any page from it, why will i do that, you know what i sent her the soft copy tell her to send it to you, post it here for us to see

.Because the main clause was we split profit after I take our expenses.

We also agreed I give her allowance to take care of her needs that will improve her personality, she wanted to exploit that .she was always asking for money for her hair, I even had a makeup artist that took us to a saloon in surulere did she tell you all these.

And the other letter you wrote here, that they have evidence against me and I offered 100k to her, for what? All Lies, When she ran off the first time, and I started looking for her all her friends around her where asking for Money from me that they will convince her to come back can you imagine,

Music will never sell it self someone has to spend cash and promote properly with caution, you know something we have loads of very good producers underground if you find them believe me you can spend 1million for everything that’s what i was trying to do and that’s what i believe in we have to minimize cost and maximize profits.Triciasexy where very you are tell Feet of Clay .that Greed will never take her anywhere.
Triciasexy you spelt out my name in you first letter can you identify yourself as well.
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by lyfe(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
Hun, Lawyer where are you.
What do you need lawyer fo,r to force her to shoot video or repay-N700,000. I doubt you guys would be good if she comes back.
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by DrKitaun(m): 4:25am On Jun 26, 2010
Where is Triciasexy ?
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by Forestrock(f): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
Clay ,we can never work with her again
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by jades006: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
Thanks, i was going to sign her to my label here in U.S. and promote her here, i am the CEO of jadescommunications in new jersey, i was just looking for her contact when i stumble on this forum. Thanks
Re: I Need An Entertainment Lawyer .my Artist RAN OFF on The Day Of Video Shoot by ponti93(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hm.jade u can sign me o. Forestrock we can work 2geda.music business still pays big time.and it will pay bigger dis yr.

(1) (Reply)

Music Artist Urgently Needed At City Records' / Yamaha Keyboard And Dstv Dish And Gotv Decoder / Learn How To Play All Asa Songs On The Guitar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.