Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Hello Programmers In The House - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hello Programmers In The House (1502 Views)

Hello Programmers / Hello Programmers.. Pls I Need HELP Here Urgently!!! / Hello Programmers, Please I Need You Help With This Assignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Programmers In The House by Lucy001(f): 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
My brother needs a programmer to teach him programming, he want to major in Software Programming......

We are ready to pay any good programmer who lives around Ajah Lekki for easy accessibility, one on one lecture is preferable.

Pls feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Donald3d(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Lucy001:
My brother needs a programmer to teach him programming, he want to major in Software Programming......

We are ready to pay any good programmer who lives around Ajah Lekki for easy accessibility, one on one lecture is preferable.

Thanks
Not trying to force anything down your throat,but .....
The best way to learn programming is learning it on your his own.
You said a GOOD programmer ,no good programmer would charge you less than 100k for this service .
So he should invest 20k on internet and download as many tutorials as possible ,especially video tutorials
MIT has free opencourse ware videos he can download
Programming is not hard ,as far as he has the passion(without this he can't learn it ,no be curse),invest time ,and keeps practicing

MODIFIED : However he can get a mentor ,just to point him in the right direction(for learning materials ,choosing programming language etc ),not a tutor .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by generalbush(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
Donald3d:

You said a GOOD programmer ,no good programmer would charge you less than 100k for this service .
So he should invest 20k on internet and download as many tutorials as possible ,especially video tutorials
Programming is not hard ,as far as he has the passion(without this he can't learn it ,no be curse),invest time ,and keeps practicing

I disagree!!

If learning on one's own is so easy, why do people go to school and get tutored by Professors? (I mean foreign schools).

There are people called mentors, and everyone needs them - if you want to grow faster.

That you did self study and was successful, it doesn't mean that others can. Stop giving a generic advice, it kills people's motivation.

1 Like

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Donald3d(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
generalbush:

I disagree!!

If learning on one's own is so easy, why do people go to school and get tutored by Professors? (I mean foreign schools).

There are people called mentors, and everyone needs them - if you want to grow faster.

That you did self study and was successful, it doesn't mean that others can. Stop giving a generic advice, it kills people's motivation.
Except you have an exceptional tutor who knows how to really impact knowledge ,my brother ,no one can really make you learn programming ,they can just introduce you to the fundamentals .
Programming is a life-long learning process
Ask all the guys that majored in computer science (I studied elect eng.) ,ask them if it was their lecturers that really taught them how to be good programmers (majority would tell you they got good on their own,very few who were lucky to have exceptional tutors learned well from their lecturers).
Even the guys that went to almighty Aptech and the rest ,always vent their anger that they learnt close to nothing .
Programming is like communicating with the Holy Spirit ,your Pastor or Parent can just show you the path to God ,its left to you to establish a personal relationship,communication and using the Holy Spirit(Programming) ,to communicate with God (Computer,Phone etc)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by generalbush(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Donald3d:

Except you have an exceptional tutor who knows how to really impact knowledge ,my brother ,no one can really make you learn programming ,they can just introduce you to the fundamentals .
Programming is a life-long learning process
Ask all the guys that majored in computer science (I studied elect eng.) ,ask them if it was their lecturers that really taught them how to be good programmers (majority would tell you they got good on their own,very few who were lucky to have exceptional tutors learned well from their lecturers).
Even the guys that went to almighty Aptech and the rest ,always vent their anger that they learnt close to nothing .
Programming is like communicating with the Holy Spirit ,your Pastor or Parent can just show you the path to God ,its left to you to establish a personal relationship,communication and using the Holy Spirit(Programming) ,to communicate with God (Computer,Phone etc)

I hope you read my post well. I said most foreign school, not Nigerian schools.

I know Programming is a life-long learning process, but you need someone to guide you that lonely path, else you become depressed.

APTECH is not almighty, there are other doing institutes doing better than them. I learnt at IIHT, and that is why I can say that self-study isn't for me.

I was tutored, I was guided and I was led to the right destination.

Stop giving generic advise!!

1 Like

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by mexzony: 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
see the fact is at at the end of the day no matter how good the tutor is you have to learn on your own and discover your own style, thought process and how your brain works.
A mentor is very important for faster development but even at that all those very good programmers who do awesome stuff discovered their inner "Zing" which makes them "zang".
most learn on their own and use mentors online to guide them and its cheaper that way but you are free to go whatever route you prefer.
bottom line is even if you pay a million dollars if you don't hack your brain on your own men just be comfortable doing "print 1 + 2 = 3".
"a = 4; c = 20; "print a; print b; grin grin
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Donald3d(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
generalbush:

I hope you read my post well. I said most foreign school, not Nigerian schools.

I know Programming is a life-long learning process, but you need someone to guide you that lonely path, else you become depressed.

APTECH is not almighty, there are other doing institutes doing better than them. I learnt at IIHT, and that is why I can say that self-study isn't for me.

I was tutored, I was guided and I was led to the right destination.

Stop giving generic advise!!
Ok
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Lucy001(f): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Donald3d:

MODIFIED : However he can get a mentor ,just to point him in the right direction(for learning materials ,choosing programming language etc ),not a tutor .

Thanks for the advice, I think I will advise him on this, once again Txns

1 Like

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Akin1212(m): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
Programming is a great thing. Some may need mentors, while others may not. Mentorship is not a requirement to becoming a good programmer. The only first thing that mentors me is MONEY. The second is changing the world and contributing to development. Continuous practice and self-tutoring can actually build anybody who has a great passion for programming. I majored in Biochemistry but I am also a programmer, how is that? Those who study it in schools are fine, those who study it themselves are good too. But it is an added advantage for a tutor to teach someone who already has the passion. Lucy said her brother wants to do it, so he does not need anybody to make him want to do it, he only needs a good tutor to show him how. So, I don't see the reasons for the argument between Donald and Bush.

My advice

It may be difficult for the boy to teach himself if so get him a good tutor.

If it is not difficult for him to teach himself, let him invest some money into self-tutoring.
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
Lucy001:

Thanks
if your brother wants to major in software programming, I'll advise him to look for a good and reputable computer institute to start with(so he can easily mingle with others that are like minded), and he can get a cert to show for it at the end of the day, he should also get good videos from YouTube (travesy media , the new Boston, udemy), if he decides to start self learning, he can lose interest very easily and become depressed, there's no need for one on one home tutor

1 Like

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Donald3d:

you didn't give the amount he should invest on fuel, cos I know we don't have 247 power supply here
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Akin1212(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
bjhaid:
if your brother wants to major in software programming, I'll advise him to look for a good and reputable computer institute to start with(so he can easily mingle with others that are like minded), and he can get a cert to show for it at the end of the day, he should also get good videos from YouTube (travesy media , the new Boston, udemy), if he decides to start self learning, he can lose interest very easily and become depressed, there's no need for one on one home tutor

Wrong on many grounds, what you can do with coding beats certificates even from Havard in the real world. Cert is not a requirement for coding jobs.
Like-minded people will always come around when you start learning to program, there are hundreds of them here on Nairaland.
Good videos from Youtube will definitely help, especially New Boston channel, Bucky is a great guy.
Whether he starts self-learning or attend an institute or a one on one tutor, he will always lose interest easily if the passion is not there. But I suppose Lucy mentioned the boy already has passion. I have seen people who dropped out of Institutes and Universities because their passion for programming is zero.

1 Like

Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
Akin1212:

Wrong on many grounds, what you can do with coding beats certificates even from Havard in the real world. Cert is not a requirement for coding jobs.
Like-minded people will always come around when you start learning to program, there are hundreds of them here on Nairaland.
Good videos from Youtube will definitely help, especially New Boston channel, Bucky is a great guy.
Whether he starts self-learning or attend an institute or a one on one tutor, he will always lose interest easily if the passion is not there. But I suppose Lucy mentioned the boy already has passion. I have seen people who dropped out of Institutes and Universities because their passion for programming is zero.
I didn't say cert is a requirement, she said clearly that the brother wants to major into software programming, meaning he wants to become a software programmer, I said cert is to show for his effort and also boost his profile, even free platforms like sololearn give out cert when you're done with learning, nobody was born to like something from birth, you develop passion for whatever, build on it and keep pushing!
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by crunchyDope(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
Even the so called mentors/tutors would tell u to learn on ur own...i mean at d end of d day each programmer has his/her own style of writing codes..@Op tell ur bro to watch vids, read pdfs and if he still can't dig? den mayb programming is nt for him grin
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by Realphilo(m): 8:23am On Sep 29, 2017
My own opinion.

Going through an institute is not bad, but trust me most are time wasters.

He can learn programming by himself, but he needs a mentor.

I wish I can write long cheesy.

Nevertheless, if he needs assistance on how to quickly catch up, let him send me a message via
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by excanny: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
Call me 07030595988. I live at Ajah.
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by CodeBlooded: 12:52am On Sep 30, 2017
Get him a tutor that is experienced. That will save him from a lot of stress that might come with learning programming. If i had one back then, I will have surpass here today. I have been learning on myself from then till now buh won't mind having a tutor right now (Only an indian professor tho). I spent some night trying to learn simple shiii that could just be taught in few minutes. Those of you saying she should go and buy data bundle for him. Shey na ya money ni, abeg if you fit teach then apply, we all assimilate in a diffrent way.

Well I just wanna say Thank you to myself right now for how far I have come.

#CodeBlooded
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by COdeGenesis: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2017
Donald3d:

Lols. How can u learn on your own, funny. Best way to learn programming is to be an intern at a programming firm, where u gt u learn from different programmers various ethics,principles and methods of programming. Getting someone to teach him programming is not a bad idea as far as they get to work on a project which will keep his programming skills useful
Re: Hello Programmers In The House by ACFreeHost: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Are you a website developer or a web designer and you need a reliable hosting server provider to host your website for FREE and Adverts FREE? That's why ACFreeHost is here to make that possible for you Publishers, just all you need is to visit http://www.acfreehost.com and register then you are good to go. No Adverts on your sites, No disk limite, No bandwidth limite e.t.c. Don't worry all are FREE and if you have any question their pleased to assist you. So visit http://www.acfreehost.com and register Now.!!

VISIT : http://WWW.ACFREEHOST.COM

(1) (Reply)

Is Programming Meant Only For Computer Science Students? / Has The Tech Bubble Bust? / Need Help With Server-side Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.