Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

TSTV :: Connecting Your World - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV :: Connecting Your World (6029 Views)

Anycast Not Connecting To Phone / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices / DSTV In Trouble As TSTV Takes Center Stage On 1st October, Offer Pay-as-go Subsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by kevoh(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
tunax5loon:
@TSTV, CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE PAY PER VIEW? BECAUSE I THINK DSTV WANNA START THAT SOON. YOU ONLY SAID 3K PER MONTH NOW. CAN YOU CONVINCE ME TO DROP MY GOTV OF 1,900 FOR YOUR DECODER? SINCE ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL BE BROWSING, WILL IT BE FASTER THAN AIRTEL? KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.
N3000 entitles you to 720 hours of viewtime of all channels. 720 hrs/ 24 hrs is 30. That makes 30 days with 7 days extra allowable for pause time. What this means is you can spread out 720 hours over 37 days. The 10 gig/20 gig is like jare. It's just an extra freebie, it has nothing to do with channel viewing.

NB: I am not a tstv agent. Info was straight from their Twitter handle.
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Bratking(m): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nickizoe:
I didn't see igbo movie channels Maka why?

Riwendu tv is strictly igbo tv channel.
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by lastbaff(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
kevoh:

N3000 entitles you to 720 hours of viewtime of all channels. 720 hrs/ 24 hrs is 30. That makes 30 days with 7 days extra allowable for pause time. What this means is you can spread out 720 hours over 37 days. The 10 gig/20 gig is like jare. It's just an extra freebie, it has nothing to do with channel viewing.

NB: I am not a tstv agent. Info was straight from their Twitter handle.
Fair enough!

Guys, learn more about TStv here:
TStv Nigeria: Subscription, Decoder Price, Channels, and where to Buy
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by tstvafrica: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d762L8aFljU

TSTV :: Connecting your world

1 Like

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2017
this is my experinec

you are not ready

complete bs

go to your website, no contact number.

i called three of your dealers listed on the website, two in festac, one in ikeja - they do not have teh boxes and will not have them until middle of october

please tell us exactly where we can get your boxes
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by kodded(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:
this is my experinec

you are not ready

complete bs

i called three of your dealers listed on the website, two in festac, one in ikeja - they do not have teh boxes and will not have them until middle of october

na wa for Nigerians s
ha

dey said decoder will be sold from 1st October

1 Like

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 30, 2017
kodded:
na wa for Nigerians s
ha

dey said decoder will be sold from 1st October

O yes, na wa for Nigerians. Do you have any idea what a launch means?

What value is a go live date if I cannot experience it?

If glo says they are launching 4g on October 1, their subscribers will be provided with 4g sims before launch date. If your proposed subscribers cannot access your service on launch date, then you have failed.

Naija style commissioning. It may be November before decoders are actually available. Small wonder they were wailing about a cabal. Already preparing for their failure
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by kodded(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

O yes, na wa for Nigerians. Do you have any idea what a launch means?

What value is a go live date if I cannot experience it?

If glo says they are launching 4g on October 1, their subscribers will be provided with 4g sims before launch date. If your proposed subscribers cannot access your service on launch date, then you have failed.

Naija style commissioning. It may be November before decoders are actually available. Small wonder they were wailing about a cabal. Already preparing for their failure
hmmmm so u expect them to start selling their decoder before unveiling it?

it's just as if Apple should start selling their iPhone x before unveiling it angry

2 Likes

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2017
it's good having you here on nairaland...
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2017
kodded:
hmmmm so u expect them to start selling their decoder before unveiling it?

it's just as if Apple should start selling their iPhone x before unveiling it angry

very bad analogy

the product they are selling is the service, not the decoder. the decoder is simply an accessory required to access the service.

a one off purchase.

let me repeat , if a telco provide is launching a new service, they will make sure it is accessible before launch; otherwise, it is not a launch

if they launch the service without providing the equipment to access it at the same time, they have failed. do you realize that if the decoders are not available, the launch ceremony will be watched on dstv decoders cheesy cheesy
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by dustmalik: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

very bad analogy

the product they are selling is the service, not the decoder. the decoder is simply an accessory required to access the service.

a one off purchase.

let me repeat , if a telco provide is launching a new service, they will make sure it is accessible before launch; otherwise, it is not a launch

if they launch the service without providing the equipment to access it at the same time, they have failed. do you realize that if the decoders are not available, the launch ceremony will be watched on dstv decoders cheesy cheesy
What are you even going on about? You don't expect them to make available their decoders to the public before launch, do you? What's the point of launching if the decoders are already out there? Have you ever had access to a Samsung or Tecno device before its official unveiling?

If you want to experience the unveiling, go to Sheraton hotels, at about 5:00pm, on 1st of October, that's where and when the launch will take place, and 5,000 decoders will be giving out to those who witness the launch.

1 Like

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2017
dustmalik:

What are you even going about? You don't expect them to make available their decoders to the public before launch, do you? What's the point of launching if the decoders are already out there? Have you ever had access to a Samsung or Tecno device before its official unveiling?

If you want to experience the unveiling, go to Sheraton hotels, at about 5:00pm, on 1st of October, that's where and when the launch will take place, and 5,000 decoders will be giving out to those witness the launch.

a samsung, tecno or any other device has all that is required for a consumer to use it on launch.
the network is there, the app store is there

is it too difficult for you to understand that on launch day, the entirerty of the service must be available for the end users/customers?

a launch is not some ceremony where people cut tape and drink - unless of course you're a typical nigerian who is more obsessed with appearances.

at this rate, tstv will not ba available for actual use for another month. of course, in your parlance, it will have launched, and then you wil be free to start waiing about cabals

If you want to experience the unveiling, go to Sheraton hotels, at about 5:00pm, on 1st of October, that's where and when the launch will take place, and 5,000 decoders will be giving out to those witness the launch.

i am not interseted in scrambing for awoof n5000 decoders. all i want is to start enjoying thh service being touted on its launch day. is that too difficult for you to understand?
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by eph12(m): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

a samsung, tecno or any other device has all that is required for a consumer to use it on launch.
the network is there, the app store is there

is it too difficult for you to understand that on launch day, the entirerty of the service must be available for the end users/customers?

a launch is not some ceremony where people cut tape and drink - unless of course you're a typical nigerian who is more obsessed with appearances.

at this rate, tstv will not ba available for actual use for another month. of course, in your parlance, it will have launched, and then you wil be free to start waiing about cabals

i am not interseted in scrambing for awoof n5000 decoders. all i want is to start enjoying thh service being touted on its launch day. is that too difficult for you to understand?

So to go and experience the launching is scrambling for awoof 5k decoder?
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
eph12:

So to go and experience the launching is scrambling for awoof 5k decoder?

are you not the ones who keep mentioning that free decoders will be given out at the launch as if that is the koko of the matter?
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
launch date is tomorrow, and the support page is full of placeholders [none of those links is going anywhere]

issokay.

instead of investing in service, they are investing in 'influencers'

lets see what will be up after 5pm on sunday

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by treasuremi1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:
this is my experinec

you are not ready

complete bs

I think u should exercise patience. They announced that they will launch their service today. Why not wait! It's just afternoon. After today and we don't get anything substantial from them, then we can presume it's DOA. As a matter of fact, u ain't the only one tired of Dstv and awaiting when their monopoly will be broken. So chill guy!
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by eph12(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

are you not the ones who keep mentioning that free decoders will be given out at the launch as if that is the koko of the matter?

The koko of the matter is that they have said it will be available after launching and not before
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by eph12(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb I think it will even be wise of you to wait and observe the service before buying it. That way you will be sure of what you are getting
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
treasuremi1:

I think u should exercise patience. They announced that they will launch their service today. Why not wait! It's just afternoon. After today and we don't get anything substantial from them, then we can presume it's DOA. As a matter of fact, u ain't the only one tired of Dstv and awaiting when their monopoly will be broken. So chill guy!

HEH

thats where you are wrong. DSTV is already ready. look at the back of your standard HD decoder. it has a USB port, and data outlet. the hardware is there, just not activated [a scalable solution]

all DSTV needs to do is observe while TSTV executes a Proof of Concept [viability of internet tv] for them free of charge, after which they update the firmware of their decoders over the air and start rolling out the same service.

anyway, competition is good. thanks to startimes we now have GOtv. at the very least dstv will be forced to adjust their pricing template.

however, if tstv is all thunder and no lightning. . .

eph12:
oyb I think it will even be wise of you to wait and observe the service before buying it. That way you will be sure of what you are getting

fortunately, the decoder is just 5k. not much risk if it is a flop.

eph12:

The koko of the matter is that they have said it will be available after launching and not before

in order to launch, everthing must be available
to launch your new generator, you must have the gen, fuel, changeover and wire. if any of the elements is not available on launch date the system will not work . we can dance around the generator and say we are launching it, but that is just a ceremony. you are launched when you are fully operational
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by eph12(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

HEH

thats where you are wrong. DSTV is already ready. look at the back of your standard HD decoder. it has a USB port, and data outlet. the hardware is there, just not activated [a scalable solution]

all DSTV needs to do is observe while TSTV executes a Proof of Concept [viability of internet tv] for them free of charge, after which they update the firmware of their decoders over the air and start rolling out the same service.

anyway, competition is good. thanks to startimes we now have GOtv. at the very least dstv will be forced to adjust their pricing template.

however, if tstv is all thunder and no lightning. . .

fortunately, the decoder is just 5k. not much risk if it is a flop.

in order to launch, everthing must be available
to launch your new generator, you must have the gen, fuel, changeover and wire. if any of the elements is not available on launch date the system will not work . we can dance around the generator and say we are launching it, but that is just a ceremony. you are launched when you are fully operational
It seems like you're more interested in how this affects dstv than how it affects you

2 Likes

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
eph12:

It seems like you're more interested in how this affects dstv than how it affects you

It seems you are an 'influencer' with a stake beyond that of a customer

Instead of thinking like an unenlightened consumer [ tstv is coming to deal with that wicked and greedy dstv] , think from a business perspective.

your real problem is not dstv, but the regulators who have not mandated or pushed them towards a per second or per use billing model.
they have survived and thrived in Nigeria, which is no mean feat.
they have the infrastructure to provide the service, but have presently chosen not to do so, because they can afford not to

what is tstv bringing? the promise of cheap and pay per second cable tv. thats all. if their service is not up to scratch , the same complainers will run straight back to dstv.

i had teh same experience with ntel and spectranet

anyway, its all good, but i am not impressed at all with tstv's planning/organisation to date.
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Kkposky: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
how do I become a distributor... in Asaba delta state?
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by eph12(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

It seems you are an 'influencer' with a stake beyond that of a customer

Instead of thinking like an unenlightened consumer [ tstv is coming to deal with that wicked and greedy dstv] , think from a business perspective.

your real problem is not dstv, but the regulators who have not mandated or pushed them towards a per second or per use billing model.
they have survived and thrived in Nigeria, which is no mean feat.
they have the infrastructure to provide the service, but have presently chosen not to do so, because they can afford not to

what is tstv bringing? the promise of cheap and pay per second cable tv. thats all. if their service is not up to scratch , the same complainers will run straight back to dstv.

i had teh same experience with ntel and spectranet

anyway, its all good, but i am not impressed at all with tstv's planning/organisation to date.
Brother I'm not even going to get it until I get reviews. It's as simple as that. No need complaining about what you can't change or understand. Unless you think the price might go up and you want to beat that
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
eph12:

Brother I'm not even going to get it until I get reviews. It's as simple as that. No need complaining about what you can't change or understand. Unless you think the price might go up and you want to beat that

more like i want to get it, install it and get it over with. its a three day weekend. i may not have free time later to start runnig around to buy, chase installer, etc
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by tankoy: 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ant dealer in Taraba?
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by treasuremi1(m): 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
tstvafrica:

What you need to know about TSTV Africa
For most Nigerians, multi-channel TV is a big dream. Apart from Nigerians living in Lagos, Abuja, and may be Port Harcourt, most Nigerians have access to less than five free terrestrial TV channels. This means that most Nigerians rely on terrestrial, satellite, or cable Direct-to-Home DTH TV for multi-channel TV.

TSTV which will commercially across Nigeria soon offers Nigerians complementary internet capacity, smart home, ability to pause subscriptions for a record seven days every month, Video calls and in-built 500GB hard drive inside our STBs for content storage, Video on Demand services as well as the regular uninterrupted clean world class contents available 24 hours every day. Our channels cut across various genres: News, Music, General entertainment, Documentary, Movies, Kids, Religious, Events, Sports, Health, Fashion, and Lifestyle channels.
We don‘t consider our offering as a direct competitor to the incumbent operators, as we are targeting a specific sector of the market – those people who are not currently subscribed to any pay-tv service or those who require added services not offered by current pay TVs.

Our vision is to provide premium video experience to Nigerians at affordable prices. Our services will enable the viewers to experience HD and SD video and internet surfing at the same time. We are the first indigenous local operator in the region to launch such a premium platform with a variety of services to Nigerians, who have been so far paying exorbitant prices to foreign operators.”
We are patiently waiting.
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Krak(m): 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

more like i want to get it, install it and get it over with. its a three day weekend. i may not have free time later to start runnig around to buy, chase installer, etc
you are just making unnecesary noise. You better keep silent and observe things. Thats the way of the wise.
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by eightsin(m): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
oyb:

i think what they want to do is unveil the decoder, explain how it works and all. lets just wait a lil more and see what they got
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 01, 2017
Krak:
you are just making unnecesary noise. You better keep silent and observe things. Thats the way of the wise.

The internet is wonderful. A place where ignorant noobs can run their mouths to their betters

3 Likes

Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by obiorathesubtle: 12:17am On Oct 01, 2017
TSTV in portharcourt?
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by Krak(m): 8:03am On Oct 01, 2017
oyb:

The internet is wonderful. A place where ignorant noobs can run their mouths to their betters
you are actually speaking of yourself. You are also a braggart and an empty vessel. Keep deceiving yourself about your importance.
Re: TSTV :: Connecting Your World by atiku07(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2017
The guy is obviously a dstv staff, pretending to be an intrested customer all his response has tend towards how dstv can counter tstv yeye man we know dem wen we see dem dstv stooges just finding fault where there is none una plan no go work

Krak:
you are actually speaking of yourself. You are also a braggart and an empty vessel. Keep deceiving yourself about your importance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Bad Discussion Thread / Sleepy Hollow: Season 3 Episode 1 Download Link / Nonso Diobi Aims Higher In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.