Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor (40129 Views)

Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 / TSTV To Launch October With Over 11 Sports Channels / Goodnews: TSTV To Launch October 1st With 11 Sports Channel In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Cavalier: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2017
They can show as many as possible because they don't just have 3 BEiN sports channels, they have BEIN SPORTS 1-10 and they have Fox Sports Channels 1&2 where you can have Serie A and Dutch leagues which are absent on DSTV plus my favourite which had left me disenchanted with DSTV which is the availability of the NBA on cable.Good Stuff.
I concur with the poster that said volatile things should fall on all those agents and beneficiaries of DSTV's largesse that want to hamper the realization of the dreams of the common man in Nigeria.
Tuale for TSTV....hope for the future of Pay TV in Nigeria!!!
Eaa247:

they might show diff EPL games simultaneously because they ve abt 3 BEIN sports channels

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Bosunyomi: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
enemyofprogress:
it's true,I have already boughted my own two days ago

Pls where did u buy yours? Tx
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Teeeecash(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I have already boughted my own decoder but it's yet to be activate
Boughted ko, butter ni. . mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by chloride6: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chartey:

BeinSports has rights for MENA region. SuperSport has all pay TV EPL rights for Sub-Saharan Africa.
The only one TSTV can show is the free Saturday afternoon match. The BeinSports channels that even show EPL are not on TSTV. Nigerians are too gullible and would believe anything. This is just another MMM. I don't like monopolies but I must say DSTV Nigeria is one of the cheapest cable TV services in the world. Just nearby in Ghana, DSTV sub is more than double the prices in Nigeria for the same bouquets. Nigerians need to understand cable TV is a luxury yet DSTV has really tried to make it universally accessible despite creating expensive original content through Mnet and pouring billions into the African football leagues without much profit.

Stop forming itk...

Dstv transmits over satellite while tstv is internet transmitted.

When you watch beIN on tstv you are technically watching an internet video not tv.

3 Likes

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Topmaike007(m): 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
oga na roku tv sure pass jaare
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by KlausBlitzer(m): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
Just saw this... Are they a bit frightened??

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Topmaike007(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
chloride6:

Stop forming itk...

When you watch beIN on tstv you are technically watching an internet video not tv.
oga for u correction those bein channels are not internet,because tstv confirn it dat d 20gb dat come along with it is for surfing d net via wifi not for watching tv.it is an added service from them.

so dont mistake urself again bro

TSTV CONNECTING YOUR WORLD

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by one4GOD(f): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Elslim:
this TSTV Na scam oh...
DStv/GOtv agent sighted!! tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by dedunji: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
I want to advice tstv to Be security conscious of Dstv and others, I saw in my dream how enemys of tstv bought 1000 pcs of decoder and set them on fire to cripple Tstv From gaining from the subscriptions.

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by 2sexyus: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
caprini1:
Welcome to naija......I have starcomms,swift,spectranet,Reltel,packed up in one corner of the office,now using airtel unlimited,its really sad.
bros dash me one of the Wi-Fi router na. Abet. I will appreciate it a lot. Someone stole mine along with 3 phones. I say make I try my luck sha it's okay if it's not possible wink
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by chloride6: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Topmaike007:
oga for u correction those bein channels are not internet,because tstv confirn it dat d 20gb dat come along with it is for surfing d net via wifi not for watching tv.it is an added service from them.

so dont mistake urself again bro

TSTV CONNECTING YOUR WORLD

The fact that the bein does not consume your data doesn't mean it is not transmitted over internet infrastructure.

For instance, if you use Airtel or Etisalat, you would know about freebasics. Freebasics is transmitted over the internet but does not consume your data bundle.

Get it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by donhils: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by vosquare: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chartey:

BeinSports has rights for MENA region. SuperSport has all pay TV EPL rights for Sub-Saharan Africa.
The only one TSTV can show is the free Saturday afternoon match. The BeinSports channels that even show EPL are not on TSTV. Nigerians are too gullible and would believe anything. This is just another MMM. I don't like monopolies but I must say DSTV Nigeria is one of the cheapest cable TV services in the world. Just nearby in Ghana, DSTV sub is more than double the prices in Nigeria for the same bouquets. Nigerians need to understand cable TV is a luxury yet DSTV has really tried to make it universally accessible despite creating expensive original content through Mnet and pouring billions into the African football leagues without much profit.
U don't get it do u?

Dstv buys the right from a company and no other channel can show epl matches apart from them. Tstv has its own right from anoda company entirely not from the company dstv bought her own.. Be very informed bro.. Tstv knows all dz before promising Nigerians... Or u think it's not possible for two cable TV to show epl matches?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by ElsonMorali: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
quiverfull:
It was not until Glo launched per second billing for GSM calls that MTN agreed to it. DSTv will only agree to pay per view when they are forced by serious competition.
I pray that day has come.

my hope is that nigerians dump DSTv even if they switch to pay per view. South African companies, always taking advantage of Nigerians since the day of father Abraham.
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Chartey(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
chloride6:

Stop forming itk...

Let's wait and see.
I think we're being very unfair to DSTV.
We'll see whether TSTV will survive and invest as much as DSTV has into Nigerian showbiz and sports.

vosquare:

U don't get it do u?

Dstv buys the right from a company and no other channel can show epl matches apart from them. Tstv has its own right from anoda company entirely not from the company dstv bought her own.. Be very informed bro.. Tstv knows all dz before promising Nigerians... Or u think it's not possible for two cable TV to show epl matches?

There's no place where two broadcasters have exclusive rights to the EPL. BeIn does not have rights to broadcast in Sub-Saharan Africa and I see SuperSport slamming heavy lawsuits.
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Dopenigga(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
goodbye DSTV and gotv,you wont be missed a bit...especially gotv angry
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by dollarprincess(f): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
TSTV will soon start Recruitment This brand company will make one of the best in the country, and getting a job with them is hotcake TSTV Nigeria Recruitment, Job Application Requirements and Guide
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by FrenchyL(m): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
SOFTENGR:
Do they show different EPL matches simultaneously.

I do not think so! Maybe they have rights to show a couple of matches but not simultaneously. Let us watch and see but no matter what happens i am sure their programs will appeal to a segment of the market.
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Daddybright1986(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
I am not saying any goodbye to dstv yet! That is how we bleeped PDP up and today, we are all in our self inflicted shambles

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by EHIRIMCHA(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Elslim:
this TSTV Na scam oh...
dstv is the greatest scam of d 21st century.they av continuously reduced their content while systematically increasing their subscription fee.what happened to channels like espn and Europe sport news on dstv.wot happened to live sport event like Europe league basketball,English league cup (carrabo cup),world cup qualifiers matches (4european countries).jst dis year dey didn't show d afrobasket tournament
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by kayceeD2(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

It seems you are a saddist?
Exactly what am thinking

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by kodded(m): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chartey:

Let's wait and see.
We'll see whether TSTV will survive and invest as much as DSTV has into Nigerian showbiz and sports.

There's no place where two broadcasters have exclusive rights to the EPL. BeIn does not have rights to broadcast in Sub-Saharan Africa and I see SuperSport slamming heavy lawsuits.
BT sport and sky sport shows EPL in england stop lying angry

5 Likes

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by kodded(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
onos217:
Just like "HiTv",they will also come and go.
please go and pick ur brain
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by kodded(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
2shure:
Hope not sft 96hrs of launching it Suddenly match dey go on Den small wind don blow. Signal lost. Scrambled Searching for signal U say 4.5g. When smile na between 3-4g U be tstv o..not dstv o. Buh u don dey sound like airtel and mmm. Put 3k.win stations and wifi worth 40k 20gig for 3k Even if glo throway such heavy sub for 3k Say who die
Men ppl mst run cause dem must know say men na scam.
Speed wud be 2G curve 2 speed or 1G....35kb speed Lets wait and see 1st
Too much disturbance and hypes. Abegi
[/s]sense fall on u angry
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by kodded(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
Chartey:

The only one TSTV can show is the free Saturday afternoon match. The BeinSports channels that even show EPL are not on TSTV. Nigerians are too gullible and would believe anything. This is just another MMM. I don't like monopolies but I must say DSTV Nigeria is one of the cheapest cable TV services in the world. Just nearby in Ghana, DSTV sub is more than double the prices in Nigeria for the same bouquets. Nigerians need to understand cable TV is a luxury yet DSTV has really tried to make it universally accessible despite creating expensive original content through Mnet and pouring billions into the African football leagues without much profit. [/s]
wetin this one dey talk ?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5968093_4639310screenshot201612211049201pngf7eaccdfe0220bf22410ea423ba01396_png116a10630a57d6fc9126b9d67836a62b

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by kodded(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
yungEX:

Oga who do u mean by saying the ones that show epl are not on TStv is it not what I'm seeing below? Pls don't say what you don't know
it is best to leave some people to wallow in their ignorance

3 Likes

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by vosquare: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chartey:

Let's wait and see.

Who told u?.... Sky and bt sports show epl matches... Sky have higher share or rights but the 2 shows epl matches... U see SuperSport slamming lawsuit?... Lolz... U haven't heard of GOtv returning some channels? Some people even some channels they can't watch before on dstv are now showing?... Had it been supersport or dstv are the sole owner of rights or the rights are exclusive to DSTV, dey won't be in a chaos like dz.. So my bro.. It's beta u wait and see than assuming what u don't know

1 Like

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by translux(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
Well, its okay but TSTV really need to prepare for what is coming, God do speak to me concerning everything and i think that is my gift, i saw TSTV starting on a brighter note until they'll start experiencing congestion problems thereby affecting the quality of their services. TSTV should just pray to be able to stand the test of time.
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by Thundeh(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
SOFTENGR:
Do they show different EPL matches simultaneously.
Yes they can. For you to be rest assure of that, go and download an android app called Mobdro. Install it on your phone and wait for this saturday afternoon when EPL matches will be played simultaneously. Open the app, go to sport section and scroll down to Bein 1 - Bein 10, select any EPL match of your desire and thank me later. Infact I only go to a viewing centre to watch football maybe when I'm out of data, when my phone battery is drained or a friend ask us to go watch together.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by intricate(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
quiverfull:
It was not until Glo launched per second billing for GSM calls that MTN agreed to it. DSTv will only agree to pay per view when they are forced by serious competition.
I pray that day has come.
I think they are already rolling out a plan for for pay per view
Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by chloride6: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
vosquare:

U don't get it do u?

It's you who doesn't get it. You don't buy tv rights for. Whole country over all forms of transmission, you buy rights over a mode of transmission. Internet tv rights are not satellite TV rights.

Internet tv rights were not sold to Multi choice. Infact internet for sub saharan Africa have never been auctioned as no one has been interested. Therefore beIN is allowed to sell the service to anyone who may be interested?

Get it?

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor by solelymade: 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
vosquare:

Who told u?.... Sky and bt sports show epl matches... Sky have higher share or rights but the 2 shows epl matches... U see SuperSport slamming lawsuit?... Lolz... U haven't heard of GOtv returning some channels? Some people even some channels they can't watch before on dstv are now showing?... Had it been supersport or dstv are the sole owner of rights or the rights are exclusive to DSTV, dey won't be in a chaos like dz.. So my bro.. It's beta u wait and see than assuming what u don't know

Well, you shld know Dstv has the exclusive right to broadcast All 380 Epl games in sub-saharan Africa across all platforms until the end of 21/22 season . They can only show a rare act of magnanimity to any other cable TV provider by allowing them beam an insignificant number of games. Tstv, I'm sure isn't honestly promising EPL games, mayb only the free game on Saturday is what equates their promise of showing EPL games.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Tobi Wins Head Of House, Picks Khloe To Share His Luxury Bedroom / Omosede Igbinedion Shows Support For Tboss / What Happened To TSTV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.