Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? (11770 Views)

I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out / 6 Signs Your Sparkplugs Need To Be Replaced / Car Brake Experts Pls Save A Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by LeJeun3: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin
When you tell some people your brake Pads are 3 to 4 years Old they think you are high on cheap weed grin grin

They won't understand....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
LeJeun3:

They won't understand....

Na true
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by tutuwater(m): 1:50am On Sep 30, 2017
On average how much does the ceramic brake pads cost.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by Aldebaran(m): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2017
O.k
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by erico2k2(m): 12:44am On Oct 01, 2017
tutuwater:
fronts might cost £25
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by boldx(m): 5:02am On Oct 01, 2017
Kereokwu:
Pls which is the best brand of break-pad, I changed mine a month ago and since then it's been 1 funny noise or the other. I went to a different mechanic and he told me to use Toyota break-pads that they are noiseless, what I am currently using is Yamasida(I hope I got d spellings correct).
Please RUN away from that thing they call Toyota brake pads. it is very fake.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by cdbaba: 11:23am On Aug 31, 2018
I bought the du-craft ceramic front brake pad in June 2018. The brakes didnt last up to 4500 miles. dusts on the wheels every time.
It pains me that they are marketing a glamorous fake ceramic pad with claims of 30000 miles! I paid 12k for the rubbish.
Please stay away from Du-craft Brakes

2 Likes

Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by Crixie(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2018
cdbaba:
I bought the du-craft ceramic front brake pad in June 2018. The brakes didnt last up to 4500 miles. dusts on the wheels every time.
It pains me that they are marketing a glamorous fake ceramic pad with claims of 30000 miles! I paid 12k for the rubbish.
Please stay away from Du-craft Brakes
You might ve been sold the imitation, paraded as the genuine (common practice in this part of the world).Genuine Brake pads should last a while.You might want to check your brake(rotor) disc too,just in case.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by radautoworks: 1:40am On Sep 01, 2018
sammily:
Which brand of breakpad is the best one can get in Nigeria?

Is Du-Craft breakpad a good brand for people that have used it because I thinking of changing mine very soon.

Carquest brake pads have lifetime warranties in the USA but we are starting with one year here to see how it goes.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by radautoworks: 1:40am On Sep 01, 2018
erico2k2:

Baba U forgot to add they are expensive plus the tittle of this thread should be *How often you check your Brake Pads *

Not that expensive especially when you consider that they last years.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by radautoworks: 1:43am On Sep 01, 2018
tutuwater:

Ours cost N15-25k depending on the car and last years.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by sultaan(m): 2:48am On Sep 01, 2018
Cheapest brake pads below $20 should last 3 years and you will have brake dust. The medium below $30 should last 5 years and premium should last 8 years
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by Kashif(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2018
@OP, you replace when the middle groove disappears.
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

Not that expensive especially when you consider that they last years.
some 9ja people believe pads should not be more than 2k grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? by radautoworks: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
erico2k2:

some 9ja people believe pads should not be more than 2k grin grin grin grin

cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice / Overheating In Rover 75 V6 2.5 Liter Engine / Mercedes-benz Is Rated The Most Valuable European Premium Automotive Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.