Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:50 AM

10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi (31866 Views)

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most / 10 Things You Must Really Do Before Going Into 2018 - Fattkay / 10 Things Every Lady Must Attain Before Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by babapressy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by EvilMetahuman: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
Adieza:
10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians:

I wrote this because of the English hostess that was very frustrated about flying to Nigeria. A lot of negative and hostile comments have been directed towards her and I tend to sympathize with that young lady. Yes, she could have said it different but she was frustrated. She may have told her boss several times that she doesn’t want to fly to Nigeria but she had to, so she snapped. I don’t know.

However, this is the list I know from my white family and friends having been married to a white person for 27 years. Maybe you know more to help bridge the cultural gap. So next time you meet white people try to avoid these behaviors that might be acceptable in Nigeria:

1: Calling a white person an Oyinbo pepe is not good. It is as bad to them as calling a black person a Nigger by the white person.

2: Inferiority complex towards the white race. Most white people hates it when Africans treat them with over respect. This annoys my wife the most.

3: Most Nigerian knows everything. Never day I don't know the answer to a question when asked. Rather, give very wrong answers. They appreciate it when you just say, I don’t know.

4: Coming late to a meeting or to any appointment.

5: Over dressing up. White people prefers beautify and moderate dressing. If you visit white people overdressed they are embarrassed and are not amused but will tolerate you. But our people don't know this because we want to impress them.

6: Praying over everything but not do what is within your power to change the situation.

7: Loitering in the day time. Basically hanging around gisting and not getting anything done.

8: Don’t say please when you ask for something and thank you at the end of asking for something, when something is giving to you even when it is your right, but rather command with, give me this and give me that. Rather, it is please can I have a piece of chocolate.

9: Not showing compassion to fellow Africans. Think about the 419 scammers or marry for papers or looters.

10: Always calling people by their nicknames. So you have in a family, the Chairman, The Oldman and the Governor. That is how we lost the name of one of my uncles. We always called him Teacher. After he and all his siblings died nobody remembered his name.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=273940029778779&id=158338594672257
[/s]very foolish post

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
how can u even dare compare d word oyinbo pepe to nigger? any craker that disrespects me in any way cause of the black of my skin wld get it..
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by cooljoe(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
smiley
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by cooljoe(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
so wat do Bleep, y d Bleep should we care. dey r humans like us, and dey do as dey pls. so we too we do as dey pls. pple dat encourage transgender, homosexuality, exploitation. abeg make dem bend yansh one side. nd u op,Next time don't post ds kind of nonsense. wat rubbish. and d mod dat brot ds tin to fp ehen. leme jst comment my reserve
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Litmus: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
okoliexpress:
THE MOST IDIOTIC THING IVE READ ON NAIRALAND IN DECENT TIMES... WHITES ARE MORE AFRAID OF THE COMPETITION AND OUR ABILITY AS NIGERIANS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SUCCEED. WE ENTER THERE SPHERE AND TAKE OVER THATS THE KOKO NOT THIS NONSENSE OP IS SAYING

Closest to the truth.
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by kirchofff(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
K
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Herrmes: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
tlops:

1. Well, why should they teach you their technology? They spent hours and money building those knowledge, while you use yours for owambe, show-offs, marrying many wives, leaving everything to GOD and many lazy habits.

2. Well, no one stops us from seeing the best in ourselves, we can build our own confidence and no one can repress that. In short, Take responsibility for your existence.

3. Are blacks /African not trying to control themselves? Its majorly in Africa you will find a clueless head of state holding on to power and yet his/her people will just "siddon look".

Imagine the world without the efforts of the whites? I am not saying they are better as human, but they are just better at pushing the limits, asking critical questions and trying to solve important problems. African just lazily hide behind religion and stop thinking. It pains me everyday when I see Africans suffering while their leaders are looting and causing them to blame each other. Just imagine in Nigeria the politicians are looting while the citizenry are busing calling each other names (ipob,afonja..) I will emphasize on my points later (after work).
God Bless
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by olowobaba10: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
UNCLE TOM, SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH, MUST WE BEND OUR LIVES TO PLEASE WHITE PEOPLE? THIS WRITEUP IS TOTAL GARBAGE .

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by edgeP(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
why should we leave our life to the dictate of another race, civilization began in Africa. abeg park well make i pass

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by DJperdurabo: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=ezeagu post=60908011
Nigerians say the most idiotic things.[/quote]

YOU say the most idiotic things!
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Tejiriseth(m): 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=Marcelo290 post=60905210]Hmmm So whites are now gods we all must live trying to please, they aren't better either, here are my main reasons for hating them too..

1. Exploitation: They are always looking for means to exploit others, the scars of their hazardous Colonial leadership in Africa leaves us with pains, if in doubt read 'how Europe underdeveloped Africa' by Walter Roodney. They refused to teach us about technology and industrialization, rather, they brought religion to us and divided us so they could exploit more for their ailing European markets.

2. Racism: They view themselves as the superior race and look down on others. We thank God for people like Martin Luther King, still at that, racism remains inherent amongst them.

3. Neocolonialism: They are still trying to control blacks and Africans indirectly as we see today, oppose them and you meet your Waterloo...you can ask Lybians about Gaddafi. They also contributed to imposing an old uneducated man on us, so we all could continue licking their butts.

There are many more of them, my point? they aren't any better.
[MY Brother You are Very Enlightened]
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Probz(m): 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
You know oyibo's just a general descriptive term for a light-skinned person. It's not that deep.
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by DJperdurabo: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
tlops:

1. Well, why should they teach you their technology? They spent hours and money building those knowledge, while you use yours for owambe, show-offs, marrying many wives, leaving everything to GOD and many lazy habits.

2. Well, no one stops us from seeing the best in ourselves, we can build our own confidence and no one can repress that. In short, Take responsibility for your existence.

3. Are blacks /African not trying to control themselves? Its majorly in Africa you will find a clueless head of state holding on to power and yet his/her people will just "siddon look".

Imagine the world without the efforts of the whites? I am not saying they are better as human, but they are just better at pushing the limits, asking critical questions and trying to solve important problems. African just lazily hide behind religion and stop thinking. It pains me everyday when I see Africans suffering while their leaders are looting and causing them to blame each other. Just imagine in Nigeria the politicians are looting while the citizenry are busing calling each other names (ipob,afonja..) I will emphasize on my points later (after work).

What have YOU done to fix the issues you raised? What affirmative action or steps have you taken to initiate a conscious and revolutionary change in the so called "status quo" you were quick to point out?

If nothing worthwhile save lamenting on forums such as this, you're a part of the problem!
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by DJperdurabo: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
AreaFada2:
Stereotype. There are oyinbo with all the bad traits and worse of some Nigerians. Be it online fraud, rogue traders, narcotics, etc

Nigerians stand up to Europeans. Sometimes Nigerians make them realise their ignorance about world affairs and injustices, current & historical, of oyinbo people towards Africans. Oyinbo always want to set the agenda & determine the narrative. Disputing it with them does not endear you to them. But they'll grudgingly respect you though. grin cheesy

I stopped caring about being liked or not long ago. I nor care. Just give me my respect, dignity & space as a human being. You can be Hitler incarnate, na your wahala be that o.

Straight up!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
1. Poster is a Benin person.Benin people are the worst people in regards to kissing asses.

2. Op is married to a caucasian , he calls them white because of his inferiority complex.His oyinbo wife is fat and an ugly woman because no caucasian will marry someone who hates is own country people

3.caucasian loves people who treat them with dignity, OP says nigeeians have inferiority complex because we are respectful.

4. This should not have been put in front page,it shows how myopic and unintelligent the mods are

5. Op should prove to us that he married a graduate caucasian that is slim and pretty .He cant because his wifw is fat and ugly

6. I am based outta nigeria but i love Nigerians and will never insult them .The only thing i hate about nigeeians arw the politicians

7. Benin people based abroad are the worst example of nigerians

One love

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
Marcelo290:
Hmmm So whites are now gods we all must live trying to please, they aren't better either, here are my main reasons for hating them too..

1. Exploitation: They are always looking for means to exploit others, the scars of their hazardous Colonial leadership in Africa leaves us with pains, if in doubt read 'how Europe underdeveloped Africa' by Walter Roodney. They refused to teach us about technology and industrialization, rather, they brought religion to us and divided us so they could exploit more for their ailing European markets.

2. Racism: They view themselves as the superior race and look down on others. We thank God for people like Martin Luther King, still at that, racism remains inherent amongst them.

3. Neocolonialism: They are still trying to control blacks and Africans indirectly as we see today, oppose them and you meet your Waterloo...you can ask Lybians about Gaddafi. They also contributed to imposing an old uneducated man on us, so we all could continue licking their butts.

There are many more of them, my point? they aren't any better.
Your points are correct but you wouldn't deny the fact that some points raised are true. For example point number 4 talks about coming late to meetings or an appointment is very common. We even tag such situation as African time. Point number 6 is true because most of us pray over everything. For example most of us believe that the country will be better and that God will help us but we forgot that man has a major role to play. If it were so,countries like South Africa wouldn't be were they're today. Point number 2 is true because most of us worship the whites.We believe that they're better than us that's why Chinese firm can easily maltreat us and go scot free because of inferiority complex.
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Litmus: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
okoliexpress:
THE MOST IDIOTIC THING IVE READ ON NAIRALAND IN DECENT TIMES... WHITES ARE MORE AFRAID OF THE COMPETITION AND OUR ABILITY AS NIGERIANS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SUCCEED. WE ENTER THERE SPHERE AND TAKE OVER THATS THE KOKO NOT THIS NONSENSE OP IS SAYING

In addition to your truth. The hatred is also the attempt to reinvent our attitude to one more suited to that which they can control. If Nigerians truly felt inferior to whites (perhaps the OP is like this(feels inferior to his or her white partner)) they would LIKE not HATE us more than the other more compliant African Nations. They detest the fact Nigerians also have vast rich CultureS, which informs their attitudes, behaviours and enables them to be truly a surprising, inventive people and Nation. Without culture you are empty, lost and able to contribute nothing to this world.

Nigerians are in one sense, the last Blacks still standing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Akoja360:
how can u even dare compare d word oyinbo pepe to nigger? any craker that disrespects me in any way cause of the black of my skin wld get it..
But you call them craker?
Be respectful nigger cheesy
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Agbaletu:

Nothing is wrong with that.
Cultures differ so you wouldn't blame op.
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Probz(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
asokoromadam:

But you call them craker?
Be respectful nigger cheesy

Yes we can call them oyibo. It's a descriptive word unheard of outside the Nigerian community. Quit with all this reverse racism nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dear op inasmuch as you raised some valid points, you have to bear it mind that our culture and yours aren't the same. We are very unique and can't never behave alike.Yes we may exhibit some traits which most of you hate but not all Nigerians exhibit the above characteristics and features listed.Probably the ones you meet behaved that way doesn't mean we behave alike or can you say all whites are racist?
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Agbaletu: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Cultures differ so you wouldn't blame op.
Not blaming the op.
Do you know that most Israelis answer only nickname?
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Probz:

Yes we can call them oyibo. It's a descriptive word unheard of outside the Nigerian community. Quit with all this reverse racism nonsense.

No sane person will call u nigger
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Habyz(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
The only point in your entire write–up I agree with is number 2.
1. Most of them don't even know what 'Oyinbo Pepe' means and if for anything the few I know actually like it, they see it as a pet name.
3. There are people who pretend to know anything all over the world, it doesn't happen in Nigeria or Africa alone.
4. Since when as being late for a meeting gotten classed has the 'African Mentality'? A lot of whites attend meetings late too.
5. Over dressing. Seriously? You make it sound like Africa is a base for people who over dress.
6. A lot of Whites are racist. They criticize blacks with sometimes no proof of a singular thing the black man/woman did, they pray that we 'change' for the best and yet do nothing to help. They instead complicate matters.
7. There are billions of people the world over, loitering isn't limited to blacks alone.
8. Grammatical errors can be said by anyone, even the brightest minds can do it.
9. If we don't show compassion what about Nelson Mandela, Chinua Achebe, Desmond Tutu e.t.c. And what about whites like Adolf Hitler, Hu Jintao, Kim Jong ll e.t.c.
10. Really? who doesn't have or didn't have a nickname.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
oshe11:
U mean it.....

Well its bn a yl since I drew something I kinda like this Dp
So tot of doing dis since Im bored in d officegrin

cc blaqcoffee109
Awww,why?thank you @Oshe11,this is lovely...so sweet of you and i appreciate.Wonderful Talent there.#GreatandTalented...#kind
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by oshe11: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Awww,why?thank you @Oshe11,this is lovely...so sweet of you and i appreciate.Wonderful Talent there.#GreatandTalented...#kind
Thanx

The personal pressure to go into another profession was high especially COS MY UNCLE DIDNT MAKE IT AS AN ARTISTgrin
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by AuroraB(f): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
okoliexpress:
grin You enter, brash, loud and overly confident grin

That air-hostess was right, tbh wink

I no send 'em BTW. So, don't bother smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
oshe11:
Thanx

The personal pressure to go into another profession was high especially COS MY UNCLE DIDNT MAKE IT AS AN ARTISTgrin
Oh well...follow your path,you are not your uncle...maybe the stars were just getting aligned for your entrance and he preempted...develop yourself and your skills/talent...be original,be you...watch out for opportunities...#followyourheart...#workyourdreams
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by oshe11: 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Oh well...follow your path,you are not your uncle...maybe the stars were just getting aligned for your entrance and he preempted...develop yourself and your skills/talent...be original,be you...watch out for opportunities...#followyourheart...#workyourdreams
Tanx alot, I TRULY APPRECIATE
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
oshe11:
Tanx alot, I TRULY APPRECIATE
You are welcome...hope to hear of you someday at the top doing 9ja proud.amen.
Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by JediB(f): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
Do Nigerians not hate one another too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Embrassing Moments Caused By Nature. / Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State / Download New Bet9ja Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.