Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Oranges Float In Water - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Oranges Float In Water (469 Views)

Two Monkeys Caught Swimming In Water Tanks After Being Left Open. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oranges Float In Water by wandevincent(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
I don't actually know where this should be properly placed, perhaps the mods can help with this, I bought some oranges today and wanted them a little bit cold before consuming it,so I decided to improvise as I don't have a fridge by putting it in a bucket of water expecting it to sink and stay at the bottom,but contrary to this,all the oranges were all floating.Can someone offer an explanation to this?

Re: Oranges Float In Water by horlahwaley(m): 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Op archimedes principle na. U neva do physics? If you notice the rise of water in the container after u dip the oranges, Thats equal to the weight of the oranges so that means the density of those oranges is lesser than the density of water thats why they are floating.

(1) (Reply)

Disruptive Tech Or Another Dotcom Bubble? / Scientist Discovers New Gravitational Waves From Black Hole Collision / We Need More Suruleres In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.