Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? (825 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary / Nigerian Woman Receives Lost N250K Which Was Found By Hotel Worker In Saudi. PIC / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Yes
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by Orobo2Lekpa: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mountain of Fire pastors 'Fire' their congregation all the time
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Orobo2Lekpa:
Mr Man not that kind of fire.. nawa for you oo
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by revelatiorcm(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
based in your case is so unfair
but in general it depends on the motive, because you can liken church to a company that had rules and terms and conditions..
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
revelatiorcm:
based in your case is so unfair
but in general it depends on the motive, because you can liken church to a company that had rules and terms and conditions..
There were no laid down rules or any kind of terms and conditions... I hardly miss service days...
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
EBUBS:
I've been attending this church for like a year now. They always appreciate me with 20k at the end of the month. I call it an appreciation because i really don't see it as a salary since it does not commensurate with the work I do in the church and also for the fact that I'm working for God.
Just this week I couldn't make it to church on Wednesday, however, I took permission from my director.. I then went to church the next day only to hear that I've been sacked and my service no more needed.

So please nairalanders, is it right to sack a church worker. I actually expected suspension or a query and not telling me to leave the church.
It depends on your offence. You only gave us your side of the story. You didn't tell us in detail what transpired,whether you were warned,e.t c. Yes it's right for then to sack you if you contravene their rules and regulations
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
EBUBS:

There were no laid down rules or any kind of terms and conditions... I hardly miss service days...
If they're no rules,kindly ask for your pay and search for another job.if you are being honest with your assertion, God has a way of fighting or avenging his own. Don't worry yourself at all
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by slimtoney(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
Is it right for a CEO to fire an erring staff?
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by revelatiorcm(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
EBUBS:

that was not fair on you..
The heavenly counsel will vindicate your case in Jesus Christ Name.
Amen
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by God2man(m): 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
It could be for another reason. Try to find out the reasons behind your sack letter.

May I ask the kind of work you are doing in the Church.

It is a one sided story though. We need to hear from the Church
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

If they're no rules,kindly ask for your pay and search for another job.if you are being honest with your assertion, God has a way of fighting or avenging his own. Don't worry yourself at all
Thank you very much.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2017
revelatiorcm:

that was not fair on you..
The heavenly counsel will vindicate your case in Jesus Christ Name.
Amen
Amen
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by ysyowel(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
if you are causing harvoc, like sleeping around with church ladies, stealing church offering etc i tell you you will b fired.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
ysyowel:
if you are causing harvoc, like sleeping around with church ladies, stealing church offering etc i tell you you will b fired.

Nothing of that nature.. i only have one girlfriend who is in the choir.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by ysyowel(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
EBUBS:

Nothing of that nature.. i only have one girlfriend who is in the choir.
hope your pst or somebody closely to him is not in love with her? or should i assume that you and your lady aborted many infants and that make the pst angry?
if that's not the case then let us blame the devil and close the case. what do you think?
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by EBUBS(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
ysyowel:

hope your pst or somebody closely to him is not in love with her? or should i assume that you and your lady aborted many infants and that make the pst angry?
if that's not the case then let us blame the and close the case. what do you think?

Hmm.. you're taking the whole thing Tru an entirely different dimension.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by sKeetz(m): 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
Since it's a business organization and he is the ceo, of course he can.

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Sack (fire) A Worker In The Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
Orobo2Lekpa:
LOLS...YOU GOT ME LAUGHING HARD.

(1) (Reply)

LASG, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby / God Is Not Just For Sending Prophets To Specific Part Of The World / Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.