Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 (30408 Views)

Liverpool vs Chelsea: UEFA Super Cup (2(5) - (4) 2) On 14th August 2019 / Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 14th October 2017 / Watford Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th October 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by dabossman(m): 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nicklee:
Mou's game plan is like putting all your investments in bonds - yes they are safe but at what reward level? What pays off in the long run? Isn't it better to take the risks and chances at the beginning and then go bonds towards the end of the season when things are clearer? Anyways, na him strategy, na him be manager. Me just think he can try to take some games to the other side - he's got a very decent team..

Mou is a pragmatic coach. He only takes very calculated risks. And it has served him so far where rewards are concerned. You can't argue with his CV. It's not very palatable for the fans, but that's his style.

I wasn't excited by the signing of Mourinho, but immediately we got him, I zeroed my mind. The football won't be pretty, but he will win trophies.

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
dabossman:

And they give out special medals for scoring against big teams? There are different kinds of strikers. Lukaku is more of a poacher in my opinion. Nothing wrong with that as long as he gets goals. He scored what, 24 or 25 last season? Where they all against small teams?
lmao if a player can't perform in big games then he can't be taken seriously
yes he is more of a poacher, With a horrible first touch, can't beat a player, his only skill is power, tap ins.

what am simply trying to say is that if the rest of the team( the midfield especially) don't perform, he(lukaku) will be useless.

and BTW, the modern day football don't really favor poachers, the most successful forwards these days are complete type of strikers like ronaldo(brazil), suarez, aguero, kane.

I'm kinda glad Chelsea didn't sign him.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Chubhie: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
spencekat:
That's his usual pattern especially against an attacking minded side
He's not with his strongest team today.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by dabossman(m): 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
szen:

bro, your head is dia grin I already knew what I'd be expecting when united signed mou , so I'm not surprised .

That's the way to go o. Otherwise, you go just get BP for nothing. Mou is stuck in his ways.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
SuperSuave:
You can't blame Lukaku on this one, never! Mourinho's plan was to defend, the midfield was shiit, misplaced passes all over, lost possession easily. In the first 20mins or so, Lukaku only touched the ball once. Liverpool held the ball most while united just sat back and absorbed the pressure. I don't see how he'd have played better.
i totally understand and respect your opinion on this bruh....

but just know that there will be many games like this where lukaku will be totally idle (because of his limitedness as a striker)

peace
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Exempted: 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
chimerase2:
10 minutes corner lipsrsealed

Played this game full time draw wit 1k. Now i cant find my slip. Does it mean my money is gone?
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Damjoy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
arukwe123:
you conceeded that two against stoke. Is it crystal palace or swansea that will score. I wonder how many you will conceed in this match.

I hope you have finished wondering...

So everton use hand score ni against man city...
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by SuperSuave(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
numerouno01:

i totally understand and respect your opinion on this bruh....

but just know that there will be many games like this where lukaku will be totally idle (because of his limitedness as a striker)

peace
Mourinho knew this before he bought him and there's little or nothing they can do about it. They just have to find a way to always get the ball to him. He was so lonely and idle upfront today.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by chimerase2: 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
Exempted:

Played this game full time draw wit 1k. Now i cant find my slip. Does it mean my money is gone?
yes grin
Or unless u copied de code
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by sammie90: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
For a Liverpool team that conversation an average of two goals in the eight matches they've played this season. It is a shame Mourinho has set them up to play defensively after all the money he spent this season. I'm a Liverpool fan and i tot we wud lose this. But we outplayed Mourinho and Man Utd. Mourinho is a negative tactician. Shame on him

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by mosesjida(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
shit!!!! 1st match on the slip and my ticket don burn... shit!!!! 1st match on the slip and my ticket don burn...
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by arukwe123(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Damjoy:

I hope you have finished wondering...

So everton use hand score ni against man city...
see this one. Una don park bus finish. No worry when una mancity una go park molue.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by dotcomnamename: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Jose Mourinho brings his bus again.. Man United did not create a single chance in the second half against Liverpool.

Man United had just only one shot on target in the whole game Lol. What a boring game that was!

Sky Sports and the pundits hyped this game up for the whole month just for it to be 0-0 again Lol?

Who remember when i said man United were only doing the Initial Gira Gira (IGG), let them meet one of the top teams... Even without Sadio Mané 0-0 Lmao..

Brendan Rodgers was sacked after managing only 2 wins in 9 games. Klopp has 1 win in 8 games but Klopp is great because he hugs his players. undecided

If Arsenal had just one shot on target in a whole game like this Man United fans and the pundits would carry the whole Arsenal players and their fans to their headquarter and crucify us live in their studio.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by sirfee(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Victornezzar:

hahaha.....champions league is this week.....expecting the best
The midfield is currently going through crisis,I wish the injured players quick recovery.

GGMU
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
SuperSuave:
Mourinho knew this before he bought him and there's little or nothing they can do about it. They just have to find a way to always get the ball to him. He was so lonely and idle upfront today.

thank God you finally understand my point here.

to be a really successful team with a striker like lukaku a team, A team should also have an attacking midfielder, box to box midfielder or a winger that can win games on their own

something rubben (ribery)did when mario gomez was their top 9.

but i don't see that type of player in man u present squad.

non the less, i think man u will be successful this season tho( winning one or two trophies)
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by yemmight(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Exempted:

No come collect it from me
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by kprez(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
mou pack trailer 2day, he dey fear his master klopp

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by natureblack(m): 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Pep's style is vastly effective in City's play.After watching this game,sincerely, I think it will be a well-deserved victory if The Citizens comes victorious.
thoollz:
Man city is winning this league.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by dabossman(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
numerouno01:

lmao if a player can't perform in big games then he can't be taken seriously
yes he is more of a poacher, With a horrible first touch, can't beat a player, his only skill is power, tap ins.

what am simply trying to say is that if the rest of the team( the midfield especially) don't perform, he(lukaku) will be useless.

and BTW, the modern day football don't really favor poachers, the most successful forwards these days are complete type of strikers like ronaldo(brazil), suarez, aguero, kane.

I'm kinda glad Chelsea didn't sign him.

Yet Conte took him seriously enough to want to sign him. The league is not won by just scoring against the big teams. If Lukaku can contribute 20-25 goals to United's cause in the league this season. He would have done his job.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by thoollz: 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
natureblack:
Pep's style is vastly effective in City's play.After watching this game,sincerely, I think it will be a well-deserved victory if The Citizens comes victorious.
Chelsea is trailing crystal palace. Manutd will drop points at d etihad, Wembley, Stamford bridge like they did at anfield. Man city will easily collect points from there including old Trafford.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Exempted: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
chimerase2:
yes grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
dabossman:

Yet Conte took him seriously enough to want to sign him. The league is not won by just scoring against the big teams. If Lukaku can contribute 20-25 goals to United's cause in the league this season. He would have done his job.
whether 20 or 100 goals o
thank God conte didn't sign him, morata deal is juicier

you need to see the way Henry (arguably the best player is epl's history) was analysing morata and kane..

it cleared all the doubts i had

anyway kane is still better
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Exempted: 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
chimerase2:
yes grin

No i didnt. But i played 2 different games and i have the code for the other game... Since i played both almost same time, i dnt knw if the one that is missin can be traced....
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bibidear right now

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Bibidear(f): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
EzeEbira:
Bibidear right now
lol,its painful
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by vroy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
man Utd underperformed but why will Mourinho always approach big teams with a defensive mind, this is mordern football
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Eberex(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nobodys:
lol i dont do betting... Dont even understand those betting terms...
On anoda note, i think crystal palace wud score their first goal dis season with chealsea...

And yes they did. I would like to employ you for betting tips
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Noblewhiz(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Very boring game... We were outplayed..but still outclassed
#GGMU
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Nobodys(f): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
Eberex:

And yes they did. I would like to employ you for betting tips
lolx..ever ready.. Chelsea is just a disgrace. I shame for dem , see as crystal palace dey use dem shine....cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by HARDDON: 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
SilverG33k:

So u dey watch ball, even a man u fan... I think say na only girl matter u sabi oh... No beef intended

Aha! That's what you get for trying to help humanity the lil way u can. angry

I'm an IT person, an inspirational speaker, life impacting coach coupled with a very balanced brain.

As i always lay out: ladies are a lil part of the huge puzzle Dating Drill.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by Richy4(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
sammie90:
For a Liverpool team that conversation an average of two goals in the eight matches they've played this season. It is a shame Mourinho has set them up to play defensively after all the money he spent this season. I'm a Liverpool fan and i tot we wud lose this. But we outplayed Mourinho and Man Utd. Mourinho is a negative tactician. Shame on him

You clearly don't know Liverpool or just maybe u started supporting them recently. Don't you know that we have history in messing up big teams .. while we struggle to score when it comes to smaller team... The man knows Liverpool..but u don't understand the team u were supporting
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 by SuperSuave(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
numerouno01:

thank God you finally understand my point here.

to be a really successful team with a striker like lukaku a team, A team should also have an attacking midfielder, box to box midfielder or a winger that can win games on their own

something rubben (ribery)did when mario gomez was their top 9.

but i don't see that type of player in man u present squad.

non the less, i think man u will be successful this season tho( winning one or two trophies)
Exactly, when I said man utd team is full of average players except Degea and pogba the fans almost came for my head. Now with pogba out injured, the team looks so ordinary. Man u no get player and the only thing I see them winning is probably FA cup or Carling cup, they can't win EPL and UCL is an impossible dream, not with this mediocre team and style of play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On 22nd September 2019 / Liverpool Vs Shrewsbury Town: FA Cup (1 - 0) On 4th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.