Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. (1855 Views)

Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program / Andela Fellowship Cycle 40 / Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIX (2) (3) (4)

Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by WhiZTiM(m): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hi there,

nHub Nigeria is currently accepting applications for it's 2018 Fellowship programme. The fellowship programme is actually a boot-camp to groom Software Developers. The current goal is to propel participants to be good Software Developers with strong focus on problem solving.

No, there's no guarantee you would be a "World class" Software Engineer solely by the training provided. You would need a lot of hard work and resilience to get there.

Currently, the programme covers you on Modern Web Development, and Mobile Apps:

- JavaScript on NodeJS;
- PHP, using Laravel;
- Java and Kotlin, on Android;

(Though, in the first month, C++ may be used for algorithm classes, not to worry, you will be taught)
The emphasis is on scalable micro-services based architecture, rather than the usual monolithic architecture.

COST:
- Training cost is incurred by nHub; Hence you pay nothing to nHub.
- Training is onsite; You will be responsible for your living costs in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria (nHub can help you look for a studio apartment)
- You will need to put in a lot of efforts, its pretty intense.
- Your time, several hundreds of hours of your life.

BENEFITS:
- Learn a lot of Data Structures Algorithms which will be useful for your career and useful for interviewing at companies of your choice
- Get placements in companies within and outside Nigeria; Get handsomely paid for your work; (nHub already has requests for such "contractor" developers)
- Complete access to work on any project being handled by the hub; even from the second week, stupid mistakes are very welcomed!
- Get tutored live in the industry
- Tours, travels, fun, partying, gaming; we don't like people to be overly stern here.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Most parts of the first month is language agnostic; but will have strong focus on developing basic problem solving skills; and learning Computer Architecture; This includes stuffs like how Filesystems work, TCP/IP stack and a lot more.
- From, the second month, you will hit the ground running... Every participant will be placed on multiple and concurrent live projects, and be mentored all the way.
- Algorithm classes will continue throughout the fellowship programme.
- Travels, tours, games, contests
- Teaching approach is very practical. nHub management was pleased to see the 2017 fellowship participants being taught sorting algorithms with Decks of Whot cards on the conference table...

APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th September, 2017. (If you are unable to apply before then, please let me know on this Nairaland thread)
APPLY HERE: http://nhubnigeria.com/fellowship/

I currently work for nHub Nigeria; If you have questions, please ask.

Regards,
Timothy

Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by Sleekydee(m): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
what re the basic requirements needed before I apply? and what's the duration of the camping
Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by WhiZTiM(m): 12:02am On Sep 29, 2017
Sleekydee:
what re the basic requirements needed before I apply? and what's the duration of the camping
- You have a computer.
- You have a technical background... (Engineering or Sciences). However, if you don't have such technical background, exceptions are made... but you'll probably need to work a bit harder than others with a technical background undecided ... If you have no technical background, and you've applied, buzz me.

The duration is 10 months. You'll need to be available for at least 6months...
Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2017
WhiZTiM:
Hi there,

nHub Nigeria is currently accepting applications for it's 2018 Fellowship programme. The fellowship programme is actually a boot-camp to groom Software Developers. The current goal is to propel participants to be good Software Developers with strong focus on problem solving.

No, there's no guarantee you would be a "World class" Software Engineer solely by the training provided. You would need a lot of hard work and resilience to get there.

- JavaScript on NodeJS;
- PHP, using Laravel;

(Though, in the first month, C++ may be used for algorithm classes, not to worry, you will be taught)
The emphasis is on scalable micro-services based architecture, rather than the usual monolithic architecture.

COST:
- Training is onsite; You will be responsible for your living costs in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria (nHub can help you look for a studio apartment)

BENEFITS:
- Learn a lot of Data Structures Algorithms which will be useful for your career and useful for interviewing at companies of your choice
- Get placements in companies within and outside Nigeria; Get handsomely paid for your work; (nHub already has requests for such "contractor" developers)
- Complete access to work on any project being handled by the hub; even from the second week, stupid mistakes are very welcomed!
- Tours, travels, fun, partying, gaming; we don't like people to be overly stern here.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Most parts of the first month is language agnostic; but will have strong focus on developing basic problem solving skills; and learning Computer Architecture; This includes stuffs like how Filesystems work, TCP/IP stack and a lot more.
- From, the second month, you will hit the ground running... Every participant will be placed on multiple and concurrent live projects, and be mentored all the way.
- Teaching approach is very practical. nHub management was pleased to see the 2017 fellowship participants being taught sorting algorithms with Decks of Whot cards on the conference table...

APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th September, 2017. (If you are unable to apply before then, please let me know on this Nairaland thread)

Regards,
Timothy

Bro, I've apply but I studied Business Administration in school. Is there any help you can render?
Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by ahmodu4real(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chai i would have love to be part of these opportunity nhub provide o but Jos weather is my enemy ooo.
Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by vadeonly(m): 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
Just seeing it for the first time
Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by ovanda(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
WhiZTiM:
Hi there,

- JavaScript on NodeJS;
- PHP, using Laravel;

COST:

BENEFITS:

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Regards,
Timothy

Good morning bro,I was unable to apply for this program because I saw it late. I can assure u,I am an absolutely good candidate for this program I have a B.ENG in electronic Engineering. I can write programs with java,python,javascript,html and css. All I need is an exposure. Here is my email : onyejekwev@gmail.com. 08035442507 or 09074966751. I hope you'd get back to me as soon as possible,thank u.

Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by ovanda(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
WhiZTiM:
Hi there,

- JavaScript on NodeJS;
- PHP, using Laravel;

COST:

BENEFITS:

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Regards,
Timothy
good day,I am interested in this opportunity. I wasn't able to apply because I saw the post late. I can write programs with java,javascript,python,html and css. Onyejekwev@gmail.com,08035442507 or 0907496651. I hope you'd get back to me soon,thank u.

Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by dokunbam(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
WhiZTiM:
Hi there,

- JavaScript on NodeJS;
- PHP, using Laravel;

COST:

BENEFITS:

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Regards,
Timothy

I am ok with JavaScript and php

Can still get in?
dokunbamigboye@gmail.com
Re: Apply For Nhub Fellowship 2018. by decide: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
WhiZTiM:
Hi there,

- JavaScript on NodeJS;
- PHP, using Laravel;

COST:

BENEFITS:

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Regards,
Timothy

Good day bro, am very sorry for coming in late here. Please I seriously want to be part of it. I am computer Engineering graduate, working with Java and Kotlin. My email is emmyugwu4nuel@gmail.com. Thanks for your candid assistance

Online CBT Script / Design Websites With Only Your Smartphone - No Laptop Or Internet Connection / How Do I Make Php Time() Static

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62