Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea (24225 Views)

The U.S. Navy Has Taken Back Control Of The Israel-affiliated Tanker Hijacked! / Israeli Navy Unit Shooting Hamas Terrorists At Sea (Video) / Portuguese President Marcelo Helps Rescue Two Women At Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
olaztek:

He has abandoned his crew to look after his family.
he didn't abandon them, he resigned.
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Triniti:
nope, the arleigh Burke destroyer communications equipment was temporary shutdown to avoid the Sunki reading data information from it
I disagree, Google should help you follow the event.
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by drisaac4luv(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
InfinixMine:

Can't wait for the next season mehn!
SEASON 4 IS OUT
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by gnykelly(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
one funny thing is that a defense ship can't see oncoming ship to the extend that they can't avoid a collision.

this goes to show that even their radar can be smartly evaded and that their war machines are questionable be it anti-missile can not be really that effective as claimed.
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by tbanj07(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
I taya oooo abi if dem see am from afar dem no dey gree radio each other on which side to turn abi ship no fit turn again

mejai:
Dem no get eye to see other ship coming?
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by matrixme(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
We really should exonerate the Nigerian Air Force then from the incidence of bombing IDP's misplaced as Boko Haram cells. Indeed the best of human technology is still vulnerable.
I really pity all these people advocating that driverless vehicles will crash accident rate by 99%. For one we should be wary of putting our lives in the hands of computers directly. These things are just like MMM. You won't believe it can happen unless you experience the side effects first hand.

1 Like

Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Stefano911(m): 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
smithsydny:
what season are u on now.. I stopped season 3.. Need to watch the remaining..
season 4 is currently showing. ..at episode 7 right nw
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by PotatoSalad(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
smithsydny:
it's still on. one of my best tv series
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
Season 4 is out!
smithsydny:
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by bastien: 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
smithsydny:
No be them act last ship?. These people self

But wait oo.. I didn't see Nathan james
master chief please get me Lt. Green n chief Wolf to teach this dude a lesson lol grin
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by bastien: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
InfinixMine:

Can't wait for the next season mehn!
next season or next episode?
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by bastien: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
smithsydny:
season 4 is out
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
So the anti collision technology in these 400 million dollar technologically advanced warships is not reliable yet some car companies want you to trust the one in 30 thousand dollars vehicles ..hmmmm

That is true oh... I hear there's anti-collision technology that is almost perfected for cars, if the same was used for ships, it would have some measure of inaccuracy, because the ship would require time to turn and change its path. One method i believe may work is the same principle used in Geological mining, " echolocation ", by broadcasting a stream of waves every 30 minutes, a scan can reveal any object close to the ship and this can be used as a deterrence to collision...What do you think? grin
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
bastien:
master chief please get me Lt. Green n chief Wolf to teach this dude a lesson lol grin
roger that. grin
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by InfinixMine: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
drisaac4luv:
SEASON 4 IS OUT
What?! I just confirmed now..thanks brother.
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by InfinixMine: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
drisaac4luv:
SEASON 4 IS OUT
What?! I just confirmed now..thanks brother.
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by InfinixMine: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
smithsydny:

Downloading some episodes of season 4 tonight... stopped at season 3 too.
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by SalamRushdie: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

That is true oh... I hear there's anti-collision technology that is almost perfected for cars, if the same was used for ships, it would have some measure of inaccuracy, because the ship would require time to turn and change its path. One method i believe may work is the same principle used in Geological mining, " echolocation ", by broadcasting a stream of waves every 30 minutes, a scan can reveal any object close to the ship and this can be used as a deterrence to collision...What do you think? grin

Spot on , ships need a lot distance and space to maneuver safely ..But funny enough those ships bad ass radars that can see into the next realm grin grin yet they can see nearby objects to avoid collisions
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Spot on , ships need a lot distance and space to maneuver safely ..But funny enough those ships bad ass radars that can see into the next realm grin grin yet they can see nearby objects to avoid collisions

It is strange, there's something about that collision that seems weird...a 360 degrees radar detector should be able to spot objects, its distance, the time it would take to manouvre... we did this thing in Physics and Engineering courses back in the days na... With just Newton's law of motion, pencil and paper, one should be able to draw up a chart on avoiding such collisions..

Speaking of something, i followed through with the discussion we had during the Lekki issue, i designed an engineering model for emptying water from sub-sea level, water logged areas... too bad, where does one sell these ideas self?
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by SalamRushdie: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

It is strange, there's something about that collision that seems weird...a 360 degrees radar detector should be able to spot objects, its distance, the time it would take to manouvre... we did this thing in Physics and Engineering courses back in the days na... With just Newton's law of motion, pencil and paper, one should be able to draw up a chart on avoiding such collisions..

Speaking of something, i followed through with the discussion we had during the Lekki issue, i designed an engineering model for emptying water from sub-sea level, water logged areas... too bad, where does one sell these ideas self?

Would you be making use of pumps ? Or engineering gravity to get the water our for yiu..

I am guessing pumps ..so what kind of power will your pumps use
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Would you be making use of pumps ? Or engineering gravity to get the water our for yiu..

I am guessing pumps ..so what kind of power will your pumps use

It requires " four " Engineering, Chemistry, Pumps and Force... It requires forcing the flood water thru a tunnel, and then catalyzing the flow to speeden up at a very fast rate, then when it reaches its outlet, it bursts out with a massive force, the massive force, makes the water jumps, if the variables are well projected, i.e. the spped of the flow, the pressure of the flow, we can calculate the height the water would travel, and even optimize it, the water would burst and jump, ( nature uses this force pump system ), i.e. geysers and volcano... grin grin grin

It relies on the technique of forcing the water to be able to jump from a lower level to a higher level, and the father the pressure makes the water shoots, the easier it is to dislodge the water... grin Funny enough i searched, nothing of such exists in a broadscale that's been used in flood prevention and disaster management...

What do you think brov?
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by SalamRushdie: 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

It requires " four " Engineering, Chemistry, Pumps and Force... It requires forcing the flood water thru a tunnel, and then catalyzing the flow to speeden up at a very fast rate, then when it reaches its outlet, it bursts out with a massive force, the massive force, makes the water jumps, if the variables are well projected, i.e. the spped of the flow, the pressure of the flow, we can calculate the height the water would travel, and even optimize it, the water would burst and jump, ( nature uses this force pump system ), i.e. geysers and volcano... grin grin grin

It relies on the technique of forcing the water to be able to jump from a lower level to a higher level, and the father the pressure makes the water shoots, the easier it is to dislodge the water... grin Funny enough i searched, nothing of such exists in a broadscale that's been used in flood prevention and disaster management...

What do you think brov?

Super intelligently interesting .. I need to be clear on two things ..What do mean by catalysing the flow of water? What kind of catalyst will you be using at that point ? Mechanical catalyst or some other force ?

So when your water gets to its blowhole and jumps level what do you do with it from that point? Super interesting I must say
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Super intelligently interesting .. I need to be clear on two things ..What do mean by catalysing the flow of water? What kind of catalyst will you be using at that point ? Mechanical catalyst or some other force ?

So when your water gets to its blowhole and jumps level what do you do with it from that point? Super interesting I must say

It depends..., Hydraulics can be used to force the flow of water. It is similar to the structure used in irrigating pipes used in agriculture... I need to speak with an engineer built a miniature version to test the idea... But hydraulic alone can catalyze the water, also, if the pipe is lets say the typical rude oil pipe, if the water is much, the force of the flow alone is a force on its own.... Third alternative is to used specialized mirrors inside the pipe's interior that can heat up the molecules in the water... or a turbine system.. i can see the picture in my mind... I need to speak with an engineer...it's been years i read oh... grin Hustle... Chai i used to be an A one engineering student oh...what has Nigeria done to me...
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

When the water reaches the blowhole, it thrusts itself out and can fly into a reservoir, or stream... grin I am nutts i know... grin but it will work... the same principle is waht is used in the gun sprinkling irrigation system, the only difference is that that one is vertical
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by SalamRushdie: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

It depends..., Hydraulics can be used to force the flow of water. It is similar to the structure used in irrigating pipes used in agriculture... I need to speak with an engineer built a miniature version to test the idea... But hydraulic alone can catalyze the water, also, if the pipe is lets say the typical rude oil pipe, if the water is much, the force of the flow alone is a force on its own.... Third alternative is to used specialized mirrors inside the pipe's interior that can heat up the molecules in the water... or a turbine system.. i can see the picture in my mind... I need to speak with an engineer...it's been years i read oh... grin Hustle... Chai i used to be an A one engineering student oh...what has Nigeria done to me...

Good to see a Nigerian with brain that can churn out very original thoughts , now that's true intelligence ...May be you should take a look ate the workings of the elevator locks on either the Panama Canal or Suez Canal and study how they used the to get ships a water feom one level to another ..the locks in the Panama Canal are are an engineering marvel
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Good to see a Nigerian with brain that can churn out very original thoughts , now that's true intelligence ...May be you should take a look ate the workings of the elevator locks on either the Panama Canal or Suez Canal and study how they used the to get ships a water feom one level to another ..the locks in the Panama Canal are are an engineering marvel

I've heard out of this but didnt pay attention to it... I'll go study it.. Truth the told. i have different engineering models, i threw them away, but during deep meditation over the past few days, these things started coming back... I'm going back to the drawing table... grin.. I'm not a Tai Solarin student for nothing nah

1 Like

Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by SalamRushdie: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

When the water reaches the blowhole, it thrusts itself out and can fly into a reservoir, or stream... grin I am nutts i know... grin but it will work... the same principle is waht is used in the gun sprinkling irrigation system, the only difference is that that one is vertical

Of course it will and I can already envision the opportunities in it
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
InfinixMine:

Downloading some episodes of season 4 tonight... stopped at season 3 too.
lol
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by bastien: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
smithsydny:
roger that. grin
bravo Zulu
Re: U.S Navy Returns To Compass & Pencil For Navigation To Avoid Collision At Sea by sapientia(m): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lol.. Military ships colliding with cargo ships.. hahahahaha..

Well... Hope they always find what they are looking for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angela Merkel Goes Into Self-Isolation After Contact With Infected Doctor / Michigan School Shooting: Suspect's Parents Arrested In Detroit* / Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Visits China.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.