Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

How To Use Download Digital Games On Your PC And Transfer Them To Your PS4. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Use Download Digital Games On Your PC And Transfer Them To Your PS4. (4998 Views)

You Can Now Play Your Pc Games Using A Ps4 Controller Wireless / How Do I Download Digital Games On Ps5 When Not In Nigerian / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Download Digital Games On Your PC And Transfer Them To Your PS4. by johnolusetire97(m): 12:53am On Sep 29, 2017
I think this will help Nigerian gamers who want to go digital but fear data costs.

We’ve put together a guide to downloading your PS4 games to your PC for safe keeping and faster download rates:

[center]How does it work?[/center]

This method basically copies the link in which the PS4 uses to download the files from the PSN, to your PC and lets you download the game from a web browser, or Internet Download Manager (recommended). You then direct your PS4 back to your PC and it will then copy it over your network and install it.

[center]What is the benefit?[/center]

This method is faster than downloading off the PS4. It also lets you store your games on your PC, be in on an external hard drive or on a USB. This means that if you are tight for space, you can delete them off your PS4 and when you want to download them again, just repeat the same steps below.

[center]What to know before you start
[/center]
1)No, this program does not allow you to pirate PS4 games, you will still need to own the license on the console in which you start the download from.
2)Yes, you can copy the same files across to multiple PS4s if they have the download in the “Download” list.
3)Yes, this works for updates too. You just follow the same method as if you were downloading a game.
4)No, you cannot copy these files to a USB and install them on a PS4, you have to use this proxy method.
5)It is faster to copy back to your PS4 via a LAN connection, I recommend this.
6)I highly recommend using Internet Download Manager as you can queue them up and let them download one after another, so you can get on with your day and let them do their thing. This is especially useful when downloading games and updates larger than 4GB as they are downloaded in parts. I will explain this all, do not worry.

Step 1 – Download the necessary programs

You will need one program to get the process started, and another to make use of the queue process.

PSX Download Helper 1.8

For your ease of use I have uploaded my English copy of the program to my OneDrive. Go ahead and download it from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/deduf0fnc5paav0/PSX+Download+Helper1.8.zip.

Internet Download Manager

Internet Download Manager needs to be downloaded in the time being. Head on over to their official site and sign up. Sure it is a paid program, but it is really worth it, plus it is a once off fee. Your should have this program already as it not only speeds up your downloads, but it lets you download from YouTube and other streaming sites.

Step 2 – Set everything up

Extract the PXS Downloader 1.8 and launch the PSXDownloadHelper.exe. I normally run it as admin just in case.

Take note of your the IP on your laptop [img]https://imgur.com/a/bArNe[/img]

In the IP box on PSX DL Helper, input the IP of your laptop. Port should remain on 8080.

Click on Start.

You will now be welcomed to this screen. There is really nothing to this, really.

Log shows you what is currently downloading on y0ur PS4
History shows you everything you have ever downloaded using the program
Offline Raising and Offline Setting I have never used.
Settings is where you will find the colour theme and the setting compile multiple files.

Step 3 – Set up PS4

Head over to your PS4 with that IP address that I told you to remember in Step 2. Head into Settings>Network>Set up internet connection, follow these steps

Choose Wi-Fi or LAN, depending on what connection you use
Select Custom
Select the connection you want to use if using Wi-Fi
For the following select the following
IP Address – Automatic
DHCP Host Name – Do not specify
DNS – Automatic
MTU Setting –Automatic

Now when you get to Use Proxy, select Use.
Keep the port the same and enter the IP address that you took note of in step 2.
Complete the setup by testing the connection.
If everything is okay, then you will get a successful test. This means that your PS4 is now connected to your PS4 using the PSX Downloader.

Step 4 -Download your game

It is best to have started your download before doing the setup, but if you have a paused download in your download list, then it is perfectly fine. Just a note, if you are 50% through your download, or even 2% done, the PSX downloader will not pick this up and start from scratch anyway.

Start you download by starting it on the PlayStation Store. If you have already skip this

Head on over to your download list and if the download is paused start it and wait 10-30 seconds, and then pause it again. If you have just started your download, pause it, as the program already has it on record.
You can now switch off your console and move back to your PC as the file is ready to be downloaded.

Step 5 – Download your game on your PC

When you head back to PSX Downloader, you now find a bar on the top of it which is you file on your PS4. This is what you need to do to start the download:

Click on Copy
Using Internet Download Manager
Click on Add URL
The link should already be there and click download
It will now download your file

Note: If the game is over 4GB, then you will need to download each part separately, and it is pretty easy.
You see that link you copied? Notice that there is a part number in the middle of it. For example my Start Wars: Battlefront file had this BATTLEFRONT00000_0.pkg?
All you need to do is change the 00_0.pgk to 00_1.pgk.
Do this multiple times as the file could be larger. For Star Wars: Battlefront, it went up to 00_4.pkg. This meant that there were 5 parts in the file, including part 00_0.pkg. The last part is normally less than 4GB which means you have hit the final part in the file.
Let every part download now and carry on what you are doing.

Step 6 – Copy the files back

Now for last step, copying your game bac to your PS4. This will all depend on how big your game was. But in general it is the same.
On that bar on the PSX Downloader, you will see a Select button, click on it and navigate through Windows until you find the file you downloaded from the link in the box above. Basically just find the downloaded game. Note if you turned off your PC or the program crashed for some reason, then all you will need to do is just connect to PSX Downloader again on your PS4 and resume and pause your download again. This will make it appear again.
Once you have selected the file, resume the download on your PS4 and it will now copy across from your PC to your PS4 in seconds. Pretty easy right? You can then copy this file to a safe place on your PC, or delete is, as your PS4 has the game installed.

Multiple part download?

If however you downloaded a game that is larger than 4GB, which is probably the case, then all you need to do is put all the parts in one folder on your PC, and follow this easy step.

On PSX Downloader, click on Settings
Where it says AutoFind Replace File , make sure this is ticked and click on choose
Go to the folder where you copied all the parts into, and click okay
Head back to the Log page and click on select, find one part of the file and click okay
Resume your download on your PS4
PSX Downloader will now pick up that the game is over 4GB and copy it all across as if it was one part.
So there you have the simplest way to download PS4 games to your PC for faster speeds, and safekeeping.

One last thing I do, is that I add the downloads into a schedule on Internet Download Manager so they just download periodically. You can see this below:

IMPORTANT - After you do this go back into network settings and make sure you set proxy server to "Do Not Use" Otherwise you would need to have the program running all the time to play online on your PS4.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use Download Digital Games On Your PC And Transfer Them To Your PS4. by Bee37: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Do you have PS5?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 / Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games / Mobile Phone Games: Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.