Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month (5592 Views)

Nigeria's Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth / Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Truth234(m): 7:01am On Sep 29, 2017
Nigeria’s factory production continued to grow in September, according to the Central Bank of Nigeria report released on Thursday.

The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index expanded 55.3 in September, lower than the 57.4 recorded in the preceding month but it is above the 50 level that separates expansion from contraction and also indicates the sector consistency. The manufacturing sector has now sustained growth for a sixth consecutive month.

According to the report, 14 of the 16 sub-sectors surveyed grew in the following order; appliances & components; electrical equipment; chemical & pharmaceutical products; nonmetallic mineral products; printing & related support activities; plastics & rubber products; food, beverage & tobacco products; furniture & related products; transportation equipment; cement; paper products; computer & electronic products; textile, apparel, leather & footwear and fabricated metal products.

While production in the manufacturing sector stood at 58.8 in September, the fastest in recent time and the seventh consecutive month of consistent growth.

Also, the report showed new orders grew at 53.5 in the month, with 10 sub-sector reporting growth, while the remaining 6 contracted in the month of September. Another indication of rising business confidence and demands.

Since the manufacturing sector rebounded 6 months ago following central bank decision to appropriate foreign exchange to manufacturers, the sector has sustained growth and aid economic recovery.

Experts believe continuous forex intervention will further deepen economic growth and boost productivity, new job creation, and wage growth. The economy grew at 0.6 percent rate in the second quarter.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian crude oil, Brent crude oil rose to 26-month high earlier this week to trade at $58.43 a barrel after Turkey threatened to shut down Kurdistan crude supplies through its territory.

The Naira remains stable against the U.S. dollar this week, trading between N366 and N369 to the greenback.

http://investorsking.com/nigerias-manufacturing-sector-sustains-growth-sixth-consecutive-month/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by brainpulse: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
While production in the manufacturing sector stood at 58.8 in September, the fastest in recent time and the seventh consecutive month of consistent growth.
Nigeria is coming out stronger and better than the years of the cankerworms, weather they believe it or not.

In other news-
In April 2013, the Nigerian Federal Government headed by President Goodluck Jonathan banned Governor Amaechi’s aircraft from flying in Nigeria. The private jet was immediately grounded.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Harmored(m): 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Naziridamos: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
O
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by chibike69: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Olarababy(f): 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
dd
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by abescom: 7:38am On Sep 29, 2017
Some people won't like this news simply because they hate Buhari they rather the whole country burns forgetting the fact that we all will be affected.

Orun yabo ki se oro enikan. Those who are Wishing the sky falls forget we all will be affected.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by elitejosef: 7:39am On Sep 29, 2017
These write up should be a reality on our daily lives. It should affect rice and garri in the market. Not just growth on papers. Just saying my own o

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Finstar: 7:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Chai.. See space booking
wolextayo:
N
abescom:
K
chibike69:
smiley
Harmored:
smiley
brainpulse:
grin
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by wolextayo: 7:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Where is the result on the masses. Hiked in price can never come down again so what are they saying.
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Naziridamos: 7:41am On Sep 29, 2017
Haha , funny alphabetic comments tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by jeeqaa7(m): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by wolextayo: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Finstar:
Chai.. See space booking
Just for comment to be seen grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Promismike(m): 7:43am On Sep 29, 2017
Nobody pays attention to all these dilusional manipulated figures. If these are achievements them the previous administrations have done marvelously well.

Am yet to see a single CHANGE we were promised.

This administration will go into history as the worse administration Nigeria has ever had.

You can predict what grade a student will come out with after his two years in the university.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Alphasoar(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2017
Manufacturing is always a path to economic sustainability if properly supervised. That is where our government failed, they forgot our capabilities looking for crude everywhere.
We are planning to start manufacturing pencil by next year grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Tonason: 7:50am On Sep 29, 2017
Liers, when all industries are packing up, relocating to Ghana, I deal on industrial goods so I know what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by bravesoul247(m): 7:54am On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=Harmored post=60932751] smiley [quote] anything aside from the shrimp is indeed world class.

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Promismike(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2017
brainpulse:
Nigeria is coming out stronger and better than the years of the cankerworms, weather they believe it or not.
The past administrations gave us better figures. Were are we today. We have seen better figures bro. These are no achievement.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by bobolizim(m): 7:57am On Sep 29, 2017
Promismike:
Nobody pays attention to all these dilusional manipulated figures. If these are achievements them the previous administrations have done marvelously well.

This administration will go into history as the worse administration Nigeria has ever had.

You can predict what grade a student will come out with after his two years in the university.
grin...
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by bobolizim(m): 7:58am On Sep 29, 2017
Promismike:

as if , you can even control a class that's full of students ... Let alone, a country like Nigeria !

It's delusional , not dilusional ... It's I am not am.Try to work on your English very well before you begin to worry about the problems of Nigeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by GavelSlam: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2017
Tonason:
Liers, when all industries are packing up, relocating to Ghana, I deal on industrial goods so I know what I'm talking about

Please give a few names after all this is an anonymous forum.

Also, it's worrying that all media have shied away from your assertion.

Could it be this is simply not true?

Could it be more industries are coming into Nigeria than leaving?
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Freshsan2009: 8:01am On Sep 29, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Haters are liable to die young...
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Promismike(m): 8:02am On Sep 29, 2017
bobolizim:
as if , you can even control a class that's full of students ... Let alone, a country like Nigeria !
I had the privilege to control a class as a teacher years back. And I did marvelously well. Give me Nigeria to rule. I will still do well by having an open mind, shunning bigotry, fevoritism and tribalism. And restructuring Nigeria to fiscal federalism and revolution of power for the collective growth of Nigeria. Not minding how it's going to end the the unfavourable political biased advantages my region enjoys so Long as it is going to make Nigeria progressive and united bringing to an end the so many challenges we face today.
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Ijaya123: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2017
jeeqaa7:

As they hate good news, let anything good be far from them.

Just as they delight in bad reports, let their lives be filled with bad reports in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Freshsan2009: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2017
Promismike:

See ur lyf.... ur type can neva see gud side of people... i pity ur babe or wyf sha....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Freshsan2009: 8:09am On Sep 29, 2017
Ijaya123:

Just as they delight in bad reports, let their lives be filled with bad reports in Jesus name.
cheesy
Ijaya123:

Ameen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Dollabiz: 8:26am On Sep 29, 2017
Really
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by ultron12345: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2017
The children of hate will not like this.........In hate they live.
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by wildchild1: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2017
Good to go grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by positivetaught: 8:54am On Sep 29, 2017
I hope this is not voodoo economics, where is the effect of all these on the ground?, just cooking up stories to present false achievements n deceive the populace.
Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Nukilia: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2017
wolextayo:
Where is the result on the masses. Hiked in price can never come down again so what are they saying.

We all know that they are lying, coming up with spurious statistical data e.t.c. grin APC is also a scam and we all know that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month by Nukilia: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2017
positivetaught:
I hope this is not voodoo economics, where is the effect of all these on the ground?, just cooking up stories to present false achievements n deceive the populace.

The country is being led by dishonest folks who tell you its blue, but when you look carefully, it is black. A party of master propagandist!

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Bank Grant 2018 / Where Can I Get Chemicals For Making Liquid Soaps In Abuja? / Lagos Moves To Relocate Traders Affected By Apongbon Bridge Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.