Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,925 members, 7,803,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping (22718 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Condemns Kano Death Sentence Of Yahaya Sherif Aminu / Gombe Assembly Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers / Ekiti Assembly Approves Death Penalty For Cultists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
now they will behead innocent people with the false accussations of kidnapping.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Because this one affects the rich and affluent mostly, when will they approve stiff penalty for looting of public fund and abuse of office?
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Smooyis(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Death penalty for corruption, den no pass. But because the fear of kidnappers na wisdom for the sinators see as dem quick dey pass death sentence on them shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Milestones: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
WHAT EVER FIGHT THE ELITES, THEY FIGHT IT TO FINISH. WHATEVER IS FIGHTING THE MASS NO CONCERN THE ELITES. WE NEED TO TELL THE SENATE TOO THAT CORRUPTION DESERVE DEATH PENALTY AS WELL
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by LanreGH(m): 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice move. But when are they going to pass death sentence on corruption?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The bill should have gone further to outlaw payments of Ransome and also prescribe death sentence to those who pay Ransome to kidnappers . silly as it sounds that would be the fastest way to stem the growth

Okay....let's start with you ,the DAT your loved one gets kidnapped I dare you not to pay..
Please think before you express utter rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by amozo: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin grin wahala don bust
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by YelloweWest: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I know it's hard but it's a price that has to be paid if Kidnapping must be stopped
When we have no proper security operatives who can rescue victims?
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by SalamRushdie: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
nurshah:

Okay....let's start with you ,the DAT your loved one gets kidnapped I dare you not to pay..
Please think before you express utter rubbish

See I am a strategic thinker I spent weeks trying to figure out how to stop the kidnapping craze In Nigeria because I consider Kidnapping the worst form of crime any human being can engage in because it's too easy to carry out and represents total lawlessness , with a grossly poorly and underpoliced state the only way to stem it is to make it totally in lucrative and which will mean that families of victims will have to stop paying Ransoms and call the bluff of the Kidnappers just like the Americans did in the 50s when they had the same problem but in our case we must make both kidnapping and paying the ransom both carry death sentences and watch how the business dwindles completely in a year..Every ransom paid makes the next room for another to be Kidnapped ..
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by riczy(m): 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
For looting nkor,they shud be both same penalty!
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by denjjy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
I think the senate should also approve death sentence to any politician that loots, steals or siphon any amount more than 10 million Naira . If you agree click like

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Jidesam01: 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
I will take them serious when they approve death sentence for looters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by riczy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
kenonze:
To protect themselves
While they won't amend our constitution to nail looters.
Looters are economics kidnappers
God blESS u, zombies ar hailing dem,cox d sentence captured their interest after all non of dem wud engage in dt,wat happened to passing 'same' to looting public fund
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
GavelSlam:
Evans just escaped that one.

If the bill is signed into law before he is convicted he won't escape it...assuming he is convicted sha. Trust the naija police to bungle up an open and shut case with their poor investigation and subsequent prosecution of "criminals".
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nigeriadondie: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
9jvirgin:
Good job.
Death sentence for looters first.
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by mudiana(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nigeria Senators don't waste time to approve a law that has to do with them. If na to approve better living for Nigeria, na God forbid.
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Lumig: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
Na this kind bill our legislooters go quick pass because they may be victims at any time. If na to say something wey go affect improve the living conditions of Nigerians at their detriment, dem go drag am teeee till it dies eg bill to execute/life jail for looters/corrupt political office holders

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
When would they approve death penalty for looting public funds
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by horluhshola: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The bill should have gone further to outlaw payments of Ransome and also prescribe death sentence to those who pay Ransome to kidnappers . silly as it sounds that would be the fastest way to stem the growth

A jail term for those who pay ransom is acceptable.. death sentence makes no sense

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by SeanDada1(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

What of corrupt politicians
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Equiano: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice one.... but when will they approve death sentence for looters of our national treasury?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by SalamRushdie: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
horluhshola:

A jail term for those who pay ransom is acceptable.. death sentence makes no sense

I thought of it too but given the way Nigerians don't fear prison sentence I fear they will continue paying and every ransom paid is an approval of the next kidnap
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

See I am a strategic thinker I spent weeks trying to figure out how to stop the kidnapping craze In Nigeria because I consider Kidnapping the worst form of crime any human being can engage in because it's too easy to carry out and represents total lawlessness , with a grossly poorly and underpoliced state the only way to stem it is to make it totally in lucrative and which will mean that families of victims will have to stop paying Ransoms and call the bluff of the Kidnappers just like the Americans did in the 50s when they had the same problem but in our case we must make both kidnapping and paying the ransom both carry death sentences and watch how the business dwindles completely in a year..Every ransom paid makes the next room for another to be Kidnapped ..

Is there ever a way to resolve kidnapping crisis in Nigeria.? Urban areas are well structured, other climes are less than orgnaized, hence its easy to get away with some acts....
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by SalamRushdie: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Is there ever a way to resolve kidnapping crisis in Nigeria.? Urban areas are well structured, other climes are less than orgnaized, hence its easy to get away with some acts....

I just beleive if ransom payments can stop then the whole thing will slow down and we will be left with ritual driven abductions to deal with
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I just beleive if ransom payments can stop then the whole thing will slow down and we will be left with ritual driven abductions to deal with

I took time to do serious strategic thinking over the past few days, and i'm making a perspective shift in all my activism. I believe if we have jobs, and if the manufacturing/mining industry opens up, many of these activities would be stemmed.

Imagine Japan employs over 500,000 people working in civil service alone...If we have a nation with a vibrant economy many people won't go into crime. I believe it's hi time we embrace holistic turn around as a panacea to our social ills. I.e. why buy guns worth 5billion for the people to curb crime, when 5 billion can create jobs for 500 people, and if this model is duplicated we can employ more numbers. I think all these issues are the aftermath of the underdevelopment of the country....

Nigeria needs to create about 5-20million very good jobs and the society will benefit from this in so many ways...Nigeria is ill, and we can't completely blame people, people learnt and followed the path life forced upon them

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by hanassholesolo: 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I dont think that is what clause 3 meant oh, guy??
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by msylva2147(m): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
tit:
Death sentence to soldiers who shoot civilians.
If the soldier does not confess, the hole battalion will get the firing squad!
I used to wonder if you really passed through the normal channel that people do, because all your comments sounds like someone who leaves with animals.
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by SalamRushdie: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I took time to do serious strategic thinking over the past few days, and i'm making a perspective shift in all my activism. I believe if we have jobs, and if the manufacturing/mining industry opens up, many of these activities would be stemmed.

Imagine Japan employs over 500,000 people working in civil service...If we have a nation with a vibrant economy many people won't go into crime. I believe it's hi time we embrace holistic turn around as a panacea to our social ills. I.e. why buy guns worth 5billion for the people to curb crime, when 5 billion can create jobs for 500 people, and if this model is duplicated we can employ more numbers. I think all these issues are the aftermath of the underdevelopment of the country....

Well when it comes to Kidnappings most of the gang members are already quite comfortable because they average about 10 million naira per year which is a lot more than what most employed Nigerians even earn so we must be careful to attributing their character completely to unemployment
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by 8stargeneral: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good, but hv dey make any provisions for d youth,d major causes of crime in nigeria is lack of job
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Well when it comes to Kidnappings most of the gang members are already quite comfortable because they average about 10 million naira per year which is a lot more than what most employed Nigerians even earn so we must be careful to attributing their character completely to unemployment

Yes, because once they have become established in it, it becomes a religion... too sweet to drop, but they wouldn't have been experienced and seasoned in it if they didn't learn it, they wouldn't have learnt it if they had options. It was a lack of options that showed them the path, and once people start to benefit from crime, it takes God only to remove them from it...
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by SalamRushdie: 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Yes, because once they have become established in it, it becomes a religion... too sweet to drop, but they wouldn't have been experienced and seasoned in it if they didn't learn it, they wouldn't have learnt it if they had options. It was a lack of options that showed them the path, and once people start to benefit from crime, it takes God only to remove them from it...

I get where you are coming from now
Re: Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The bill should have gone further to outlaw payments of Ransome and also prescribe death sentence to those who pay Ransom to kidnappers . silly as it sounds that would be the fastest way to stem the growth
name one country who practice that? you also forgot that fact that it was lack of security that will make a person get adopted,its like fining a person for having bad shock on their cars when the road have massive pot holes.I think teh death sentence is a great step 4ward.Some people have become Billionaires overnight all claiming Ghana Burgers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reunites With Teddy Betso At Upper Chamber (Photos) / Female Bombers Attack Motor-Park In Adamawa, 30 Feared Dead - Premium Times / The Opportunity Costs Of Militancy In The Niger Delta, An Exposé

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.