Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) (4593 Views)

Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X / Mercedes Rented & Dismantled Tesla Model X Ahead Of Its Own Electric SUV Launch / NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
So I have taken the bold step to order a Model X,
There is apparently 3 months wait, still better than Audi which took 6 month.

One thing i have discovered is that, there is not a lot of African's who go for Tesla, here in London - You mostly see people over 50 that drive the car.

I am working on a more detailed post that shows the whole process for anyone who is interested including why I choose Tesla so watch this space.

Meanwhile, if you are thinking of getting a Tesla, I will say go for it: from 2040 all cars produced will be electric, in Africa we are behind as we are so dependent on Oil, but there is a revolution going on, even Dubai is already looking at alternate ways to keep the economy going.

Here is a referal for £750 or $1000 and unlimited charging if you choose to go for it.

Ask me any question in Tesla, took me 6 months of research to finally go for it.

http://ts.la/malcolm6627

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by izzou(m): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2017

Wow. Cool

But Bros, abeg sad sad sad

Do you have any Toyota our Mercedes Benz, irrespective of the model, that you are not using? sad sad sad

Abeg

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
PMs fall on you.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin I no Laugh ohh ��
izzou:

Wow. Cool

Do you have any Toyota our Mercedes Benz, irrespective of the model, that you are not using? sad sad sad

Abeg
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by izzou(m): 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
akabad:
grin I no Laugh ohh ��

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are permitted to laugh, as long as you get am
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by nurey(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
I even thought op. Wanted to order one come Nigeria make I sharply upgrade my kazeem skills and import my 20kva diesel generator, where others see problem, I see opportunity

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Nemesis1: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin
izzou:

Wow. Cool

Abeg

Begi begi ko easy
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Nemesis1: 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
nurey:
I even thought op. Wanted to order one come Nigeria make I sharply upgrade my kazeem skills and import my 20kva diesel generator, where others see problem, I see opportunity

Nna boys I hail o

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by oblo(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2017
nurey:

Make I dey supply you the diesel?.. Walai I get am for spare parts too. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Hexilon: 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2017
grin grin
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by RZArecta(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
I wanted to ask what's the sense in bringing such a vehicle to Nigeria with absolutely no parts or service personnel talkless of those with experience. I'm not dissing the car though, I love it and wish Tesla products were readily available here but then again, lucky you're in an advanced society grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by pacino26(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
Make I ask you anything about Tesla eh my brother Op angry angry

The pace at which I clicked on the thread no be here o. Thought you wanted to bring it home to Nigeria.
Can you please send the charging station to Nigeria for me? I need am badly, running on Gen hasn't been easy plus EEDC wahala.

But this could be a business opportunity o. I think I can contact Uche in China for a charger eh inukwa. Nurey your mind de there.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
akabad:
So I have taken the bold step to order a Model X,
There is apparently 3 months wait, still better than Audi which took 6 month.

One thing i have discovered is that, there is not a lot of African's who go for Tesla, here in London - You mostly see people over 50 that drive the car.

I am working on a more detailed post that shows the whole process for anyone who is interested including why I choose Tesla so watch this space.

Meanwhile, if you are thinking of getting a Tesla, I will say go for it: from 2040 all cars produced will be electric, in Africa we are behind as we are so dependent on Oil, but there is a revolution going on, even Dubai is already looking at alternate ways to keep the economy going.

Here is a referal for £750 or $1000 and unlimited charging if you choose to go for it.

Ask me any question in Tesla, took me 6 months of research to finally go for it.

http://ts.la/malcolm6627
This is cool,I can imagine ur xcitment.are you close to a charging point? or I take it you based in London where we have plenty
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
I am having a charging point installed in my house, it's the same way as charging your phone over night, the joy here is I can automate it - start when electricity is cheaper and stop when it's 80%

It's recommended not to charge 100% on a daily drive

erico2k2:

This is cool,I can imagine ur xcitment.are you close to a charging point? or I take it you based in London where we have plenty

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
I am working on bringing it here in Nigeria of course
I just need to try it out for a year, in regards to parts, the main thing is the battery that can be shipped anywhere, the rest use the same technology as any car made of carbon fibre.

One more thing, sis you know that most of the servicing you will do with a tesla can be done over the air?
If you have issues break light, stiffness in street and other software related issue, Tesla can push a bug fix without you in driving there
#WinForMe

pacino26:
Make I ask you anything about Tesla eh my brother Op angry angry

The pace at which I clicked on the thread no be here o. Thought you wanted to bring it home to Nigeria.
Can you please send the charging station to Nigeria for me? I need am badly, running on Gen hasn't been easy plus EEDC wahala.

But this could be a business opportunity o. I think I can contact Uche in China for a charger eh inukwa. Nurey your mind de there.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
We go dey rock our petrol engines, till PMS becomes obsolete ..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
akabad:
I am having a charging point installed in my house, it's the same way as charging your phone over night, the joy here is I can automate it - start when electricity is cheaper and stop when it's 80%

It's recommended not to charge 100% on a daily drive

How do you mean when Electricity o's cheaper ?
In your house are therr times when the electric tariff is different or cheaper ?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
akabad:
I just need to try it out for a year, in regards to parts, the main thing is the battery that can be shipped anywhere, the rest use the same technology as any car made of carbon fibre.

One more thing, sis you know that most of the servicing you will do with a tesla can be done over the air?
If you have issues break light, stiffness in street and other software related issue, Tesla can push a bug fix without you in driving there
#WinForMe

I don Die here
grin

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:
We go dey rock our petrol engines, till PMS becomes obsolete ..........
My brother man did you saw what I see ? ?? grin grin
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
erico2k2:

My brother man did you saw what I see ? ?? grin grin

I didn't saw what you see o.... What did you saw ?
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I didn't saw what you see o.... What did you saw ?
dem say that Tesla if E get brake light problem them fit fix am fru Air . Even if the brake get stiffness
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
erico2k2:

dem say that Tesla if E get brake light problem them fit fix am fru Air . Even if the brake get stiffness
grin grin

Remember the recent hurricane in yankee ? Tesla pushed OTA updates to all affected Tesla drivers, to allow them drive further on the battery pack......

And after the hurricane was over, the killed update patch..... Mr Musk get big plans for EV...... Tesla is a monitoring spirit vehicle, they can update and kill the car, like a smartphone.......

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin

If it is an electrical issue, Musk and his boys/girls, can truly fix OTA ......

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin

Tesla EV, only heaven knows what other hidden features they have installed, sleeping, hibernating and dormant. For those guys that love to bone babe inside motor, don't buy a Tesla....... HQ might be watching free XXXXX movies ......

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Tesla EV, only heaven knows what other hidden features they have installed, sleeping, hibernating and dormant. For those guys that love to bone babe inside motor, don't buy a Tesla....... HQ might be watching free XXXXX movies ......
grin grin grin
even fighter Jet brakes has to be fixed physically

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by pacino26(m): 1:00am On Oct 03, 2017
akabad:

#WinForMe

Is that so my brother. Just like every other major auto manufacturer, I think Tesla should set up at least a service center in Nigeria for your sake. Fixing software bugs and other minor mechanical parts getting to you via OTA and courier doesn't cover for some serious unforeseen bashing.

Meanwhile alert us when they start.....

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin grin
even fighter Jet brakes has to be fixed physically

My emphasis was on electrical faults. That can be fixed OTA.
If it's a physical damage, OTA would not fix that.....

In most cases, a simply software update, downgrade or reboot, might fix electrical issues.....

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

My emphasis was on electrical faults. That can be fixed OTA.
If it's a physical damage, OTA would not fix that.....

In most cases, a simply software update, downgrade or reboot, might fix electrical issues.....
Bross all mechanical part in this car its same as every other car, nothing was replaced rather improved.The Engine is a motor, its basically a hybrid without the Internal combustion Engine.But that one nor concern me,
Im more interest to know when and waht time electricity dey cheap for London,according to OP he is going to charge this car when power is cheap I wan know that time so that me go run my washing machine this period grin grin grin I dey wait

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross all mechanical part in this car its same as every other car, nothing was replaced rather improved.The Engine is a motor, its basically a hybrid without the Internal combustion Engine.But that one nor concern me,
Im more interest to know when and waht time electricity dey cheap for London,according to OP he is going to charge this car when power is cheap I wan know that time so that me go run my washing machine this period grin grin grin I dey wait

Reminds me when we use to have on/off peak mobile phone call usage.....
Call from 0800 - 1800 (on peak) expensive time to make calls......
Maybe he used compare the meerkat well, and got a good switch deal.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Reminds me when we use to have on/off peak mobile phone call usage.....
Call from 0800 - 1800 (on peak) expensive time to make calls......
Maybe he used compare the meerkat well, and got a good switch deal.....
ahaha well nothing like that in London, we have one electric tariff with anyone provider.if not our factory go only operate at these times.
I think Op is exaggerating.
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Improving is also what an OTA update can offer..... I never eluded to OTA part replacement (or did I)?
If I did, it was a freudian slip.....
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:04am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Improving is also what an OTA update can offer..... I never eluded to OTA part replacement (or did I)?
If I did, it was a freudian slip.....
lol u did, anyways, I love some things this car did, dont know the model but it was dancing and performing a flying act on the ground, I will look for the clip now moment plz
Here found it,
its the Model X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH6gaS4XtZI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Car Should I Go For? / Caption This Photo-the Biggest Bus In The World / RIP Username Egunmogaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.