Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Weird And Wonderful Car Facts - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Weird And Wonderful Car Facts (56022 Views)

Toks 2014 RX350 In Wonderful Performance Here In Abuja / Camry Toks 2013 Model Here In Abuja In Wonderful Condition Selling@3.350m / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2017

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
1. The world’s first speeding ticket was issued in 1902

How fast was the offending motorist travelling?

A scandalous 45mph!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
2. Do you know that a modern Formula 1 car can drive[b] upside down[/b] in a tunnel at 120mph

F1 cars produce around 3.5G while cornering, meaning they’ve enough aerodynamic down-force to drive upside down in a tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
3. Do you know that 60 million cars are produced every year?

That’s 165,000 a day, 6,875 an hour and 115 a minute — crazy right?

Pre-order yours now!!!

sales@kakakiautos.com

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by hisgrace090: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
60 million cars?

1 Like

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
hisgrace090:
60 million cars?

Crazy but true. wink

1 Like

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 7:31am On Nov 22, 2017
4. Do you know that Volkswagen owns twelve well-known car brands from 7 European countries?

Including Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commerical Vehicles, Scania and MAN.

6 Likes

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2017
Do you know that the first ever car accident occurred in 1891?

This prompted the introduction of better safety equipment for drivers.

3 Likes

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2017
Do you know that it would take less than a month to get to the moon by car? That’s right — drive straight up at an average of 95km/h, and you could get to the moon in under a month. wink

Hit me up on WhatsApp when you get there!

5 Likes

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
Do you know that Modern cruise control (also known as a speedostat or tempomat) was invented in 1948 by the inventor and mechanical engineer Ralph Teetor? His idea was born out of the frustration of riding in a car driven by his lawyer, who kept speeding up and slowing down as he talked. Ralph Teetor was blind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
Overheating: Cars are designed to deal with high temperatures, and it’s up to the cooling system to maintain your engine’s temperature, however high the mercury rises. However, if your car’s cooling system has an underlying problem, the warm temperatures of Nigeria could aggravate its symptoms and cause the engine to overheat.

By having your car serviced periodically, and checking the coolant/antifreeze level on a fortnightly basis, you can prevent a cooling problem ruining your trips.

2 Likes

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
Punctures: As temperatures rise and fall, tyre pressures tend to change slightly, usually by no more than a couple of pounds. When it’s hot, the pressure of your tyres is likely to increase, potentially pushing them over the recommended PSI for your load.

This could increase the chance of a blowout if the tyres are badly worn or damaged. Check the rubber for signs of wear, damage and cracks in the sidewall, and have them replaced if you see any of these symptoms. It’s also worth remembering that you should adjust tyre pressures to suit your load, as recommended in your car’s manual.

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
Glare: One of the biggest dangers for drivers is glare, which occurs when sunlight hits dirt and debris on the windscreen. It's also known as sun dazzle and it's vital you know how to avoid it.

To prevent glare impairing your line of vision, keep your car’s windows clean inside and out, and make sure your screen wash reservoir is fully topped up before travel. Dirt and smears on the windscreen increase the chances of sun dazzle as well as generally impairing your vision. Also, check the condition of the windscreen wipers themselves, as they can cause smears if worn or cracked. And if in doubt, always carry a pair of sunglasses.

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2018
Sneezing: An obvious point, but an important one; be cautious when sneezing behind the wheel, especially on the motorway. Sneeze at 110km/h, and you’ll travel over 100m with your eyes shut — long enough to have an accident.

Add in watery eyes and you can see how the dangers increase. If you’re planning a long drive, make sure you top up on hay fever relief before you travel. We know it’s impossible to prevent sneezing altogether, but it’s something to be aware of.

1 Like

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by meetmal03(f): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
meetmal03:

SCAM ALERT
So adedeji charles adeyemo AKA KAKAIBUY IS A SCAMMER!!!

He sent my client bad paypal fund of $1600 in November 2016 after which the account was blocked by paypal for 180 days.

We kept asking paypal the particular fund that had issues and they never really pinpointed it to us which was why I kept calm and waited for the 180 days as I did not want to accuse him falsely.

At the end of the 180 days hold, the money was refunded back to him and he never even contacted me at all.

I was finally able to trace him down through my bank payments meanwhile my client had already taken the case to EfCC and made a case under fraud and obtaining by trick.

After I told him about this issue, he has refused to pay back the money coming with an excuse every time.

EFCC actually even gave him options to come with his lawyer and he couldnt
They then gave him an option to refund it but he also refused

He claims that since he is not in Nigeria, He is untouchable.

He is currently wanted by EFCC and his face, passport details and other contact will soon be published everywhere showing he is wanted.

Avoid dealing with him for your own good
His details are: +436602306454
also +36705369050
+36705336485 and many more
kakakibuy@hotmail.com

still on the case.
deal with him at your own peril

5 Likes

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 23, 2018

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by meetmal03(f): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
Deal with KAkaibuy aka Adedeji Charles Adeyemo at your own peril

First of all, while you were selling the funds, you claimed that it was coming from your personal paypal account.

I asked you countless times and you said yes it was your paypal account as I could not have bought that amount from a third party account due to scam issues.

When it was reversed and you were contacted, you just acted nonchallant and even at a point boasted that EFCC cannot be able to do anything to you as you are abroad.

You tried to contact them as you said but as usual, the website is the website and they gave whatever response to you.

I tried to help you get to the root by telling you the department handling your case at EFCC Headoffice in Abuja so you can go straight there and thrash this thing out and clear your name.

You stated that you have not been in the country for a while and cannot come.

You were given an option to get a lawyer to represent you and report to EFCC Headoffice in Abuja, you refused to do that saying that you knew no lawyers in Nigeria as you had not visited in a long time. You even said you wanted to use my lawyers and I refused that.

When you eventually had someone through whatever means, they called and said that they were in LAgos and you need to mobilise them to come to Abuja which you didnt.

You even had your GTB account blocked by the EFCC as payment was made to you through that account and you called and was told the same thing.

How long do you think you can run from the law?

The more you delay, the more your integrity is in question and the more deadly for you

You keep saying that there is no case against you, but I challenge you to assign one lawyer and one of your committed customers to go to EFCC headoffice in Abuja and find out. I could even volunteer to meet them there and take them to the right department.

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by meetmal03(f): 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
more shots

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by meetmal03(f): 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
more screenshots

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 10:40am On Jan 28, 2018
Keep an old blanket handy Protect your car’s roof from scratches with an old blanket before tying lumber, bicycles, or luggage to your roof rack.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only !!!
Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:50am On Feb 12, 2018
Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become. – Anonymus

1 Like

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2018
Check power-steering fluid Check the power-steering fluid once a month with the car warmed up. If the level is low, have the hoses and pump inspected for leaks. In addition to making your car difficult to steer, low power-steering fluid will damage the power-steering pump. Be sure to use the powersteering fluid recommended for you car.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only!!!
Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2018
Don’t try to carry too much Never exceed your car’s roof load specifications or weight limits.You can find them in your vehicle owner’s manual. Check the weight limitation of your roof rack as well. Typically the range is from 150 to 200 pounds (68 to 90 kg). That’s the equivalent of eighteen 8-foot 2 x 4s (2.4-meter 38 x 89s) or three sheets of 3/4-inch (17-mm) plywood. If you have to deliver a heavy load from the home or garden center, consider having it delivered. It will save wear and tear on you as well as your car.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only!!!
Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2018
This Car is not for Sale and has not been sold. Beware of my Son Kamoru!!! tongue

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Do not be discouraged. Hit me on WhatsApp and maybe we can work something out for you.

WhatsApp: +436602306454

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2018
Bully of the Road.!!

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 8:47am On Mar 09, 2018
Admit it.. You have also thought about it. wink

WhatsApp: +436602306454 Kakaki Autos

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2018
Let's go there!

1 Like

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
OMG! Better stay clear of this guy, he means business.

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2018
Giving value to the marketplace.

Re: Weird And Wonderful Car Facts by kakakibuy(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
Who let the dogs out?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Reply)

Pre-order Your Car From Germany with just 100,000 + picturesss / Reality Of Exported Cars / The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.