Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job (26156 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hotfreeze:
Consolation thread.

You left an internally funded private model school to become a PA to a Supervisory Councillor in a Local Government.
Not even a local government, an LCDA. Not even PA to the Chairman, but to a Supervisor.

Well, each to his own

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by newweight: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
get lost you frustrated bastard
WIZGUY69:

You are a fooool bro..
thief.. grin
my Asian friend
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Papiikush:
Good for you bro.

I'll just have to give it to you straightforward.

YOU WERE JUST FORTUNATE.

Trust me...Do you know how many graduates we have out here seeking for just primary one class teacher?

1. You mentioned the private school as a standard one with huge pays and other SIDE ATTRACTIONS

2. You worked as a PA to the supervisor. Tell me dude, how many people had this opportunity (don't give me the bullshìt about you being the most brilliant amongst your colleagues, we know say na lie)

3. Due to the position (PA to a LCDA supervisor) that you were, you had the opportunity to create "connections" for yourself which also brought you to this stage.

Why don't you go to lower states like Ekiti state when you resigned? Your suffering go long pass John in the wilderness. undecided

Guy no come dey Bobo us with all these bullshìt "I did this and that" we all know you were just fortunate to be in that position. There are people out here praying to get those kindda privileges.

Story with zero morals... Just another Nigga bragging.

#Drops pen.

O boy u get mouth!

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Deo1986(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
The point is you are still a classroom teacher. You only change climate. Not inspiring..........

4 Likes

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
mployer:
You made the wrong move bro. You are consoling yourself.

You eventually ended up in government school with poor remuneration and zero opportunity for development

The school the guy left should be Atlantic Hall Epe Lagos.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
jonnytad:
Well, I really don't wanna pick a carrier in teaching. ..... Teachers are not where they supposed to be in Nigeria. We place Nurses far ahead of teachers in Nigeria and if you are unfortunate to teach in a private school in ibadan, you will understand that there's no difference btw the them and casual workers in 7UP.

It is career and not "carrier".

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by joinnow: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
hello nairaland,i got a shipment from asia some days ago,it was a tablet which my friend send to me as dash/gift.
the value of the tab was 65$,but when it reach nigeria,lagos,it says custom delay.then dhl send me an email to make a payment of 48k to a gtb account before i can receive the shipment
i have not been myself because i do not know how it is possible for a shipment that is value is 65$,then dhl ask me to pay clos to 50k to clear it
if i may ask,is dhl now selling electronics
my friend said he has pay for everything,but dhl now threaten me that if i dont pay in time,they will be charge me 45naira per day.
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
i need a help and advice,what can i do.
it has been 6days now,they refuse to email me,they refuse to hear my plea
how can i pay such a bogus amount for a shipment of 65$ value
is this a scam
pls help me
how can i get my shipment
how can dhl impose a fraudulent import duity of 48k for an item worth 65 dollars which is around 20,000naira
pls help me
how is that possible
paying way above the value of declare shipment
419 run run run unless the gt bank detail is dhl and not to any bloody name
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Daviddson(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
Papiikush:
Good for you bro.

YOU WERE JUST FORTUNATE.

Trust me...Do you know how many graduates we have out here seeking for just primary one class teacher?

1. You mentioned the private school as a standard one with huge pays and other SIDE ATTRACTIONS

2. You worked as a PA to the supervisor. Tell me dude, how many people had this opportunity (don't give me the bullshìt about you being the most brilliant amongst your colleagues, we know say na lie)

3. Due to the position (PA to a LCDA supervisor) that you were, you had the opportunity to create "connections" for yourself which also brought you to this stage.

Why don't you go to lower states like Ekiti state when you resigned? Your suffering go long pass John in the wilderness. undecided

Guy no come dey Bobo us with all these bullshìt "I did this and that" we all know you were just fortunate to be in that position. There are people out here praying to get those kindda privileges.

#Drops pen.
Sorry to tell you this, but you always write out of point. And to scare people from quoting you back and pointing you your errors, you put that 'nonsensical line' as your signature. What in that article smell of bragging?

3 Likes

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by newweight: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
Its dhl account name.company name.
Its not scam.its the tax they charge me
How can i pay 48k for a shipment worth 65 dollars 65 dolars no reach 20k sef
joinnow:

419 run run run unless the gt bank detail is dhl and not to any bloody name
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by charijee(f): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
WIZGUY69:

no moral...
must all stories have moral
Yes o....all stories should
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Evaberry:
cheesy

gay nigga

ass loving dick undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by UfuomaUN(m): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Papiikush:
Good for you bro.

YOU WERE JUST FORTUNATE.

#Drops pen.

wow! I like you already grin

as e dey hot! Gbam
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by tolugar: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
hello nairaland,i got a shipment from asia some days ago,it was a tablet which my friend send to me as dash/gift.
the value of the tab was 65$,but when it reach nigeria,lagos,it says custom delay.then dhl send me an email to make a payment of 48k to a gtb account before i can receive the shipment
i have not been myself because i do not know how it is possible for a shipment that is value is 65$,then dhl ask me to pay clos to 50k to clear it
my friend said he has pay for everything,but dhl now threaten me that if i dont pay in time,they will be charge me 45naira per day.
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
is this a scam
pls help me
how can dhl impose a fraudulent import duity of 48k for an item worth 65 dollars which is around 20,000naira
pls help me
how is that possible

Scammers

Ur friend. Scammer

Ur DHL. Scammer

This is the time u sld be happy you don't have money
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
Mi
Hotfreeze:
Consolation thread.

You left an internationally funded private model school to become a PA to a Supervisory Councillor in a Local Government. Now, you're back to the classroom in a Government school?

I think progress is dependent on your destination. If you desire to go backwards, any backward movement is progress to you.

He resigned to contest for election in the local government as a councillor and possibly be given a juicy supervisory councillor role eg works, Infrastructure, environment, market etc.

By the time Jagaban brought his own candidates, it destabilized the op calculation. Most the candidates Jagaban brought in were not even resident in the LCDA or local government area.

The PA to the councillor which was given to the op, was to compensate him for his job loss via resignation and the political miscalculation caused by power that be in the party.

Similar things happened to some people I know.

Thank God op now has a job, but you can't compare the training, exposure, skills development workers are given in real international schools in Lagos with what is obtainable in public schools.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by effty(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
jonnytad:
Well, I really don't wanna pick a carrier in teaching. ..... Teachers are not where they supposed to be in Nigeria. We place Nurses far ahead of teachers in Nigeria and if you are unfortunate to teach in a private school in ibadan, you will understand that there's no difference btw the them and casual workers in 7UP.
You can't even make it as a teacher when you don't know the difference between career and carrier.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by joinnow: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
OK clear
This is Nigeria for you bruuh
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
is this a scam
pls help me
pls help me
how is that possible
Co tact DHL at country of post . They will sort it out
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
effty:
You can't even make it as a teacher when you don't know the difference between career and carrier.
Stop Hating embrace the message .
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
Mi

He resigned to contest for election in the local government as a councillor and possibly be given a juicy supervisory councillor role eg works, Infrastructure, environment, market etc.

By the time Jagaban brought his own candidates, it destabilized the op calculation. Most the candidates Jagaban brought in were not even resident in the LCDA or local government area.

The PA to the councillor which was given to the op, was to compensate him for his job loss via resignation and the political miscalculation caused by power that be in the party.

Thank God op now has a job, but you can't compare the training, exposure, skills development workers are given in real international schools in Lagos with what is obtainable in public schools.
compare the two bro . Govt jobs are better in the long run . Less stress . After service incentives .
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
Kazrem:
In Dec 2013, I voluntarily resigned as a classroom teacher. Then, I taught in one of the best schools in Epe. If you are familiar with my area, you would know there are schools and there are schools. This particular school is owned by a large international organization. Many of my friends questioned my decision to resign from a school that pays not only well but also regularly. A school where many people envy you once you tell them you teach in XYZ Model College. It was unreasonable to them. To tell you how unreasonable it was, I enjoyed free school bus ride to and from school, I get salary increment up to one-fourth of my salary every January. Every December, we get an end of the year package no matter how small. What again? I had a better teaching environment: electricity throughout school hour, access to the computer and many other perks. And guess what I resigned to? P.A. Personal Assistant. Not to the Governor of Senior Special Adviser (as we do have in Nigeria where an SSA also has a personal assistant, who also has a personal assistant). I resigned to work as P.A to the Supervisor, Budget and Planning of a particular LCDA. For the unknowns, LCDA is the second fiddle to a local government.

So you see it was crazy of me to do that. But I had my reasons. I knew at that point that I was still coming back to the classroom ( I now teach JSS 1-3 Mathematics in a government-owned school). But at that point in my life, there was some important life skills I needed and the job I retired to offered me the opportunity to have them. Suffice to say that within the space of one year that I worked as P.A. to the supervisor, I learnt first-hand public speaking from him and glad to say that today, even if small, I earn as a public speaker. In the space of that one year, I had free training worth over N500,000! Yes. What about the education and experience that comes with traveling? Remember it is said that traveling is part of education and you could learn in one travel what you could not learn in 1 year. I went to places I had never been before. What about meeting people? Wow! I met people and more importantly, heard them talk and most importantly, learned from their engagement. This alone was priceless. What about one-on-one mentoring? The honorable automatically became my mentor and he monitored (and still monitors) my progress in life, academics et cetera. Little wonder, I gave him the singular honor to write the foreword of my first and Amazon Bestselling book, Write To Stardom. And one more thing. I still earned at the end of each month.

To people who were not in my shoe, they couldn’t understand why I chose to resign then but I did and glad today that I did.

Kazeem Abolore Sulaimon (KAS) Innovative Teacher. Creative Writer

http://www.opinions.ng/i-learnt-leaving-teaching-job/

easy talk

nobody leaves a current job without the assurance of another

u got another job cos u were assured of another @ hand
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by maxti: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
is this a scam
pls help me
pls help me
how is that possible

It's scam. Don't bother
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by delishpot: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:

Dem Don tell you say be careful if you like, go and pay the money. If you like, no listen. If Dem too do Gra gra no collect am. Tell them say the owner Don travel. They should send it back grin grin

Na SCAM ooooo. Those Facebook friends that dash gifts out of the blue.... I can't believe you even fell for the BS grin grin
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
erico2k2:

compare the two bro . Govt jobs are better in the long run . Less stress . After service incentives .

I am not talking of the average private school, but the international private schools with good incentives, eg training abroad, medical benefits, house ownership scheme, pension etc.

If you hope to own your school someday, the best bet is to get training and exposure from a standard private school.

The average retired civil servants do not possess the skills, tools and most especially the attitude needed to succeed in their own personal businesses.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by fk001(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:

It is a scam. But if you like just send it and sacrifice your 48k
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by delishpot: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
fk001:

It is a scam. But if you like just send it and sacrifice your 48k

Leave am make è go pay.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Ahmadgani(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
you sound defeated, trying to sympathize with yourself.

politicians only teach you public facade. there are More than 101 ways to gain experience rather than been an assistant to a public figure. in summary, i think you left that job because you were greedy.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by newweight: 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
[Its my shipment
Not courier format
I had a shipment
Dhl holds it
And says i must pay duity tax
quote author=maxti post=60975966]

It's scam. Don't bother [/quote]
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
Mi

Abeg make you know depress the guy, he committed a blunder, we all do, that's what makes us human grin
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by toprealman: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
Any publicity is good for biz.....they won't understand you OP. Jah bless your hustle.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by akintom(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
Papiikush:
Good for you bro.

YOU WERE JUST FORTUNATE.

#Drops pen.

You made complete wrong and defeatist deductions from the life story.

Life is a summation of choices. As you make those choices, OPPORTUNITIES in the garments of LUCK and DIFFICULTIES will characterise your choices.

It's up to you, to maximize your luck or squander it. You can also breakdown and moan your difficulties, or stand up to them and triumph.

Entitlement mentality, is a disgusting excuse for failure.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by buske(m): 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nice,... But you don't have to console yourself by explaining your actions.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Hameed206: 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
Sometimes only a decision maker can truly understand his/her reason for making a decision. Everyone has their passion to catch. To some people it isnt the money that matters to them, but doing what they love is what they long for. It isnt all about money sometimes-but most times its about the money. So sometimes if you want more of that money, you've got to lose some money for a bigger money. Its share a very similar principle with the business world. OP i see nothing wrong in your decision. you are a man, and you are responsible for every step you take in your life. All the BEST!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! / Is Spending N600 Per Day For Feeding Too Much For A 45k Monthly Job? / How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.