Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Cutting My Hair. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cutting My Hair. (3433 Views)

A New Look: Wanna Cut My Hair / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / My Hair Woes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cutting My Hair. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:30am On Mar 06, 2010
I have a long hair, but I'm so tired of spending money on braids and fixing weaves on. I'm contemplating going natural for a while.

I'm thinking of cutting my hair short. I need a short hairstyle that I can style when I get bored like add extensions to the top and play with colors.

Any suggestion on possible short hairstyles I could do?
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 06, 2010
Imagine yourself with short hair and think about how you'll look with it.

Is it gonna fit you?

Short hair is a bit easier to manage, but it can get ruffed up and messed up real quick lol

And flat iron help to make it into different styles

Different short hair styles: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202569.0.html
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:54am On Mar 06, 2010
Yea I've had my hair short in the past. . .and I looked good on it. . .but its been almost 5yrs since I had my hair short.

I like the lady with the purple hair. . .

thanx gal. wink
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 06, 2010
Just got my hair cut last December.

I love it so much I'm getting it trimmed again.

Since you had short hair in the past, I dont doubt that you'll like it again.
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:02am On Mar 06, 2010
Really? What style of haircut did you get?

I'm thinking of getting the sides and back cut low. . .but not really low and giving the top give a spiky trim?
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 06, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Really? What style of haircut did you get?

I'm thinking of getting the sides and back cut low. . .but not really low and giving the top give a spiky trim?
That's exactly what I have lol.

Long in the front and very short in the back.

I can make any style with the from. . . . comb it to the side, make a spike with hold spray, sometimes I even braid the front lol.

Just make sure you keep the front long so you can do anything to it, if you make it all short, it'll look same everytime. Boring lol!

Spice it up with highlights wink
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:09am On Mar 06, 2010
thanx a lot. . .I'll do exactly that. . .I hope it turns out nice. grin
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Sissy3(f): 5:31am On Mar 06, 2010
FL Gators:

Short hair is a bit easier to manage, but it can get ruffed up and messed up real quick lol

you think so? i always felt limited on styles when i use to have short hair. i feel very liberated in terms of style with longer hair now.

ThoniaSlim:

I have a long hair, but I'm so tired of spending money on braids and fixing weaves on. I'm contemplating going natural for a while.

but with natural hair, dont you still have to spend more money on protective styles like braids? and maintenance
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 06, 2010
I didnt read where she said she was going natural. . . . Thonia, you'll have to cut your hair off to properly go natural.

@Sissy
It depends on what kinda cut you have. Not too short, you can still braid it like regular hair. And it can get messy easily, but the messiness can look like a style lol grin
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Sissy3(f): 5:42am On Mar 06, 2010
FL Gators:

@Sissy
It depends on what kinda cut you have. Not too short, you can still braid it like regular hair. And it can get messy easily, but the messiness can look like a style lol grin

LOL i guess. dont think i will ever go short again even though, i sometimes still get longer throat when i see all this beautiful short hairstyles embarassed but dont think i have the patience for short hair undecided
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 06, 2010
Yea it takes a while to style it after washing, but it last long.
Takes me about 1 1/2 hr to wash/ blow dry [thick hair]/ flat iron/ etc
But its worth the time jare
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:06am On Mar 06, 2010
Yea I know I'll have to cut my hair. . .but still the time and money spent in changing hairstyles can't be compared to maintaining a short hair.
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 07, 2010
Ive given up, i aint cutting my hair again,Gawd knows how many times ive scraped the hair, it just keeps coming back undecided
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Sissy3(f): 4:12am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Yea it takes a while to style it after washing, but it last long.
Takes me about 1 1/2 hr to wash/ blow dry [thick hair]/ flat iron/ etc
But its worth the time jare

shocked shocked shocked you get plenty time jare. u flatiron yourself? guess dats one of the good sides of short hair cos with a hair like mine, your hands and neck will sue for you for pain and damages afterward grin
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 07, 2010
I think my shower takes a long time sef, thatz why.
Gotta scrub off the dead skin cell lol
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Sissy3(f): 4:22am On Mar 07, 2010
arent you scrubbing away the natural oil too by spending too much tyme there?

FL Gators:

I think my shower takes a long time sef, thatz why.
Gotta scrub off the dead skin cell lol
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 07, 2010
Maybe. tongue
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Sissy3(f): 4:37am On Mar 07, 2010
dry skin might be knocking in the near future tongue grin
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Nobody: 4:39am On Mar 07, 2010
~Sissy~:

dry skin might be knocking in the near future tongue grin
Actually, I've had that case. Omo, I thought it was something else, went to my doc str8 away grin
Re: Cutting My Hair. by Sissy3(f): 5:09am On Mar 07, 2010
Lol and u still dey do am grin
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ayettymama(f): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2010
if your thinking this because u saw solange or amber rose i will tell u to STOP right now and dont even think of it!!!

they look tacky like prostitutes!!!

but if unno u can rock it why not?
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2010
Nope not that short. . .Am thinking of doing a Rhianna cut or Mary J-Blige's recent hairstyle in her "I am" music video.
Re: Cutting My Hair. by ayettymama(f): 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2010
yes rihanna has all sorts of short hair

if i were u i would start slightly lomg

and cut it shorter as u go along

eventually finding ur style
Re: Cutting My Hair. by meetmal03(f): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Elegant Ankara Suit Styles That You Can Rock In 2016 / Undiluted Perfume Oils (3ml, 12ml, 30ml, 50ml) For Just 800naira / See Photos Of Made In Aba Desert Military Boots Produced By A Shoemaker In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.