Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Mercy & Grace Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mercy & Grace Of God (6244 Views)

Osinbajo Preaches Mercy, Grace For Nigeria In Christmas Day Message / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mercy & Grace Of God by kpakpandoN(m): 6:37am On Oct 01, 2017
Over the years, I have observed that the more powerful some people become, the more wicked they turn out to be. When they are not yet in a position of authority, they will appear humble, but once they have a little taste of power, they act as if they are God. This is what makes my Father very different: He is a merciful God. In spite of all His power and majesty, He remains merciful. Having experienced God’s mercy, David thus wrote in Psalm 40:1-2:
“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”
God is so full of mercy, and there is no one who cannot benefit from His mercy. When powerful people know that no one can query them, they do whatever they like. God is however different! Even though He is the Almighty God and He is all powerful, yet His mercy endures forever. Every time you call upon Him, you can be sure His grace will speak for you. Ephesians 2:4 says
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,”
God’s grace grants us access to the things we don’t deserve. There are many of us who are what we are only by His grace. If not for His grace, some of us would not be alive today, if not for His grace; some of us would have no roof over our heads. If not for His grace, how would some of us have anyone willing to help us? There are many opportunities we have misused in the past, and yet we have not lived to regret this because of His grace. If not for His mercy, some of us wouldn’t have recovered from the consequences of our past life.

Can you imagine a person like Saul, who persecuted the Church of God, becoming a mighty apostle of the gospel? If I were God, I would not have saved his soul, especially when I think of the extent of the damage he single-handedly caused the Body of Christ. I then suddenly realised that I also was once in sin like him. When grace and mercy are at work in a person’s life, he will begin to make his boast in the Lord. Can you imagine Paul saying he had wronged no one (2nd Corinthians 7:2)? He could say this because the grace and mercy of God had washed away all his past misdeeds. When mercy is at work, every sinner has a future, and when grace is speaking, every saint has no past. God is telling you today that He can have mercy on you. All you need to do is to make up your mind that all the days of your life, you will continue to fear Him and walk in His ways.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Naff24(f): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2017
.... I am a Muslim, but am watching Pastor Adeboye's live program right now.

Theme: Freedom For The Nation and Family

His sermon is giving me goosebumps till now, the man is so blessed gaskiyah. Am happy i watched the program.

May God give us freedom
Freedom spiritually
Freedom physically
Freedom mentally
Freedom materially
Freedom from sickness
Freedom from debt
Freedom from gossipers
Freedom from enemies
Freedom in our homes
Freedom in our neighbourhoods
Freedom in our working place
Freedom in our nation
God Let's enjoy freedom in need

God, we thank you for what you've done, what you are doing and what you will still do.

God bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Somatic(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2017
Ahh ahn Madam Naff! You cannot allow person get FTC in peace?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by emmabest2000(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2017
God Is Able

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Deicide: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2017
Merciful to who? Their myopic mind won't allow them to see that world hunger is a real thing all they are concerned about is themselves Oh Yahweh is merciful he helps me find my car keys Mtchewww With all power comes all responsibility. Man created God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Olachase(m): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2017
Please who has Evans number I want to be his working boy, if you don't have money sister mercy self will break ur heart what a world
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Sambisaforest(m): 10:17am On Oct 01, 2017
Oh lord let ur mercy, grace, favour fall on us this October ijn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2017
Merciful by killing the Egyptians?
Merciful yet killing tens-hundreds of people in SCOAN?
Merciful yet gonna burn/roast all non-Christians in hell?
Merciful yet many lost their lives in UYO?
Merciful, yet boko haram are still Killin despite all the NATIONAL prayers?

Is this the meaning of merciful? Or is this a god that's merciful?

I believe he's merciful because you're fvcking alive and allowed to type trash on NL while many are sick and dead

2 Likes

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2017
Deicide:
Merciful to who?
You have no idea son. So stop being ridiculous
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by kingcollins2342: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2017
HAPPY NEW MONTH
NEW THINGS
NEW UPDATE

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by sheddyboy01(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2017
Awesome!
I love the message sent by this op, it's very true.
God doesn't look at your past if you are sincerely sorry for the wrong you did and sincerely ready to change your ways.

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2017
hmm
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by hopefulLandlord: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2017
gv
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adaphik(f): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2017
Sambisaforest:
Oh lord let ur mercy, grace, favour fall on us this October ijn

AMEN
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Naff24(f): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=emmabest2000 post=60997892][/quote]

Lol.... Pele na grin
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Hiccups: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2017
shocked

While Mercies and Grace of God exists, lets not forget he is a just God. I belong to the few who believes regardless of turning to God, you must pay for certain wrong we did. Was there no merciful God when Moses was stopped to enter the promised land?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Deicide: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
You have no idea son. So stop being ridiculous
I know that Yahweh is fake what do you Know?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Truflame: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2017
God show love and justice towards creation. Whoever sinfully violate Gods Will can be lovingly forgiven provided he seriously turn to God for mercy. God will not accept half hearted repentance from us, but a serious attempt to turn a new leaf

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2017
Deicide:

I know that Yahweh is fake what do you Know?
I know you lack brain
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by bedspread: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2017
When u pray it's important u access GOD'sThrone of Mercy before u begin to ask or fire any person ..

The Mercy of GOD Grants us Answers to All things....

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Deicide: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
I know you lack brain
Better than to have the brain of sheeps grin

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by hopefulLandlord: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
I know you lack brain

Yahweh is manmade, Christians claim their god's thoughts, desires and motivations are unknowable by humans and yet these same Christians know exactly what their god thinks about certain topics. Ever notice that when someone claims to know the Christian god's thoughts that this god has exactly the same opinions and prejudices as his mouthpiece?

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God has the same opinion as you. ~Anne Lamott

3 Likes

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by hanassholesolo: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Lol, all the atheist in this thread thinking they are hot shit because they read about big bang theory.

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by hopefulLandlord: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2017
hanassholesolo:
Lol, all the atheist in this thread thinking they are hot shit because they read about big bang theory.

You're exposing your ignorance here

Big Bang theory is NOT an atheistic claim! Big Bang was first proposed by a THEIST, Georges Lemaître who was a belgian physicist and roman catholic priest; even the Pope at the time, The Pius XII , wanted to make it part of the Christian doctrine as "proof of god"
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by CAPSLOCKED: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2017
Naff24:
.... I am a Muslim, but am watching Pastor Adeboye's live program right now.

Theme: Freedom For The Nation and Family

His sermon is giving me goosebumps till now, the man is so blessed gaskiyah. Am happy i watched the program.

May God give us freedom
Freedom spiritually
Freedom physically
Freedom mentally
Freedom materially
Freedom from sickness
Freedom from debt
Freedom from gossipers
Freedom from enemies
Freedom in our homes
Freedom in our neighbourhoods
Freedom in our working place
Freedom in our nation
God Let's enjoy freedom in need

God, we thank you for what you've done, what you are doing and what you will still do.

God bless Nigeria.

AFTER ALL THIS...
NOTHING FAILS LIKE PRAYERS. undecided

Naff24:

That's yours, my prayers have always been answered and always will.

THERE'S NOTHING YOU'VE ACHIEVED, OR WILL ACHIEVE AS A CHRISTIAN... THAT A NON-CHRISTIAN CANNOT ACHIEVE A THOUSAND TIMES MORE.

ALL IT TAKES IS HARD WORK, SELF AWARENESS, AND DETERMINATION.

EVERY OTHER THING LIKE FAITH, MIRACLES, SEED SOWING AND TITHING PROJECTED BY YOUR PASTORS AND FAITH PEDDLERS ARE ALL FALSEHOOD AND ORGANIZED DECEIT. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2017
You waste your time trying to prove the inexistence of God, while there are proofs and valid arguments to counter your assertion. You rally round, thinking you're hurting God; not knowing you're hurting yourself. And the end of the day, the painful reality would stare you in the face. Your unbelief is entirely your problem. Even demons believe that there's a God. These atheists needs to read the bible more.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Naff24(f): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

AFTER ALL THIS...
NOTHING FAILS LIKE PRAYERS. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Naff24:

Clap for yourself.
I love your response.

Why do you pray to god in the 1st place? Isn't God omnipotent, omniaware, omniknowing etc?
If he's omni-all, why pray? Is he not aware of your problems.?

Why pray to him if he's the master planner of everything. Doesn't you know he planned every problem you're encountering
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Davidgrey: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Deicide:
Merciful to who? Their myopic mind won't allow them to see that world hunger is a real thing all they are concerned about is themselves Oh Yahweh is merciful he helps me find my car keys Mtchewww With all power comes all responsibility. Man created God
Valid point @Highlighted

Everything known and written, were told and written by Men(opinionated and manipulative)

People have every right to believe in whatever delusion makes their life easier, If you chose to farm out your responsibilities to an Imagined being in the "hope" of gaining riches and heaven(both are still unproven to be factually possible)

Hell ............it's your life by all means go ahead

But if you believe that water is made up of H2O and yet choose to ignore other "proven scientific facts" that is the delusion of religion

Religion is basically a concept that requires you to be mentally redundant and ignorant enough to ignore objective reality.

5 Likes

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Ericsunday619: 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
You waste your time trying to prove the inexistence of God, while there are proofs and valid arguments to counter your assertion. You rally round, thinking you're hurting God; not knowing you're hurting yourself. And the end of the day, the painful reality would stare you in the face. Your unbelief is entirely your problem. Even demons believe that there's a God. These atheists needs to read the bible more.

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Naff24(f): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

Clap for yourself.
I love your response.

Why do you pray to god in the 1st place? Isn't God omnipotent, omniaware, omniknowing etc?
If he's omni-all, why pray? Is he not aware of your problems.?

Why pray to him if he's the master planner of everything. Doesn't you know he planned every problem you're encountering

For the fact HE knows your problem doesn't mean you shouldn't pray.

Your father know your needs, why do you request from him your school fees? You should have sit back there and relax, shebi it's his responsibilities to cater for your needs and see if it will happen.

Our prayers to God, it's like reminder.
That's our tools of communicating with HIM,
An adage says.... Ask and you shall be given.

Wait, why am I even telling you this...

Fall sick for a moment, then you will appreciate how precious good health is.

If God takes the hands you are using to type this poo, or blinds those eyes you are using to see this update, then you will know you need more than prayer in your life.
Now you are saying God forbid abi, I know... That 'God forbid' it's a prayer on its own.

Either you like it or not, you do pray consciously or unconsciously.

Your wishes alone, I want to be this and that are all form prayers.

Receive sense biko undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Biblical Perspective On Domestic Violence? / Why You Should Accept Jesus Christ Now / Retracted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.