Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12149 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by pkrix(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2005
If Chris Okotie Becomes President Come 2007

My opinion about the man of God Chris Okotie's aspiration to becoming the president of Nigeria is supportive. They had won. They had become president of Nigeria. They had failed or rather refused to do that which is right or which they had promised.

[b]C[/b]allousness, [b]L[/b]aundering, [b]A[/b]ssassination, [b]S[/b]elfishness, and [b]H[/b]eartlessness (CLASH) were/are the only task executed effectively.

But with somebody like Pastor Chris Okotie who understands the WRATH of God on a soul that commits any or all of the above mentioned wickedness is more likely to steer clear of them and the result will be no harm but enjoyment galore to the populace of Nigeria.

And for those who thought that being God's servant is a disqualification to one becoming a president; well, I have a different opinion because David of the Bible did God's will and he was a King (president) also.

So, why do you think that Pastor Chris Okotie Should or Should not be a PRESIDENT of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

Mind you, I am not a politician nor do I know Pastor Chris Okotie nor is he from my village, town or state; I am from Enugu State.

- Fresh Party: rev Chris Okotie For 2007 - Any Feasibility? -
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Pinky(f): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2005
He can be a president despite being the man of God.  We have so many of them like that in the bible, but what I still don't know is this:

Who are those going to be in his cabinet?  Who are his ministers, governors, e.t.c going to be?
Other men of God are not contesting for these other postions so this means he will have very corrupt people working with him to rule Nigeria.  How possible will that be?  "A good man in the midst of thieves?"

That's my only problem with his idea of going for the post of the presidency.  What do you think?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Seun(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2005
Don't worry yourself. He can't win. I don't think we need to greenhorn to rule a country as large and complex as Nigeria. Experience matters, and the only way you gain experience is by starting somewhere.

Pastor Okotie should run for governorship of his home state first. If he does well in that, then he should run for a position in the senate. If he performs, then maybe he can start thinking about contesting for presidency. Nobody wants a greenhorn for president.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by demmy(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2005
Okotie can't win. Its as simple as that.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by diakim(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2005
Yes, Seun you are right. Let Okotie starts from somewhere first. Maybe as the Governor of his own state. We don't need a greenhorn as the President of this great and complex country.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2005
There are perhaps 150 million of us and I think we deserve someone who at least knows what he's doing! A president who doesn't know how to navigate the complex web of relationships in Nigerian politics might end up plunging the country into a costly war. That's one reason why I like the current president; he knows how to handle his former peers.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Allenpowered(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2005
Chris Okotie cannot be Nigeria's president come 2007.The topic can only be thoeretically discussed under "what if?" as you rightly put it!

The number one factor mitigating against his ascendancy to presidentship is he is considered a joker by majority of the Nigerian polity- correct me if I'm wrong tongue

Also, by not his own fault he comes from a 'minority' ethnic group- never rule that out in Nigerian poilitics...and unfortunately enough the power brokers feel that power should g back to the north...so what hope does he have ... none absolutely cry cry
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Orrie: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2005
Come to think of it, he does not have a wife so who will be the first lady? Besides, I've never seen a Pastor advertising himself instead of his church, if you know what I mean? Have you seen the advert? You should see it; I promise you will be so irritated by this.

I do not want him to be president but if he is the only good person contesting, then I think I would like him to be.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by kodewrita(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2005
Ha ha. He must be forbidden from dreaming about it. Last election less than 10,000 people voted for him (in a country with 150 million people). things may have changed but based on past records he is a no-hoper.

Secondly, the bible says"be no part of the world". So why is he so anxious to be president? He is better off angling for the post of chaplain of Aso Rock chapel.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by KukuraontheMove(m): 7:19am On Jun 10, 2005
... I don't think we need to greenhorn to rule a country as large and complex as Nigeria. Experience matters, and the only way you gain experience is by starting somewhere.

Pastor Okotie should run for governorship of his home state first. If he does well in that, then he should run for a position in the senate. If he performs, then maybe he can start [I]thinking about[/i] contesting for presidency. Nobody wants a greenhorn for president.

Seun, that's a very appropriate reply. Everyone just wants to run there because of the loot available at the centre. Plus, there isn't anything like community politics which would have ensured that there is considerable foundation to work on by all politicians.

Also when you say a greenhorn, there is more to it than than that. They lack the right mental tools to appreciate the enormity of developmental issues that are before them. All they can think about is not the man on the street but the Ghana-must-go bags at Aso Rock. Sad! We need to wake up, but how?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by femialao(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2005
I think Okotie really saw a vision that he was a president, But i don't think if he really know which one he is to head, Maybe it an association,organization,groups,Church or a party. But am definitely sure it not to be the president of our great and hard 2 rule country Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Danasco(m): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2005
NA GRAMMER WE GO CHOP?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by DEKING3(m): 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2005
If he believes he could, why not? He might not become the president now, 2007 or so but consistency sure do count. No need to rush.

I wish him the very best.

We should all pray for a president who would salvage this great nation - NIGERIA.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2005
And for those who thought that being God's servant is a disqualification to one becoming a president; well, I have a different opinion because David of the Bible did God's will and he was a King (president) also.

@pkrix, the posibility of Pastor Chris Okotie becoming the president of Nigeria is almost 0. Politics is not for a man of God. When you look at the make up of Nigeria you will know it's not for a proclaimed man of God.

Imagine if He become the president and the Moslems or any other religion invite him to donate for their cause, what will happen then.

I i heard the man of God now cruise the town in an Hummer jeep how many
member(s) of his church have one. It's not that i have any beef against that, but i can only imagine if i would have believe in Jesus Christ today if he has been going about in sleek chariots while His disciples go about on their legs.

It's time we stop being sentimental.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Chxta(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2005
...but he won't become president, so shall we stop wasting valuable space talking about this?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by hotangel2(f): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2005
Chris?? When did that one start?? Anyways i doubt if he will become president..but if he does, i pray he do great things to Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Remedy(m): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2005
content deleted
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2005
Let him stop pushing his God to the wall. God wants hard-work so, he cannot sit at one place and start expecting God to put him on the presidential seat.

Besides, if he is so worldly to riding a N30million-worth hummer jeep when a Landcruiser jeep of 6million can serve thesame purpose, then, he can loot Nigerian Oil money into bulding Castles and businesses at home and abroad.

Open eyes.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2005
if he is so worldly to riding a N30million-worth hummer jeep when a  Landcruiser jeep of 6million can serve thesame  purpose

Won't a N500,000 vehicle do the same thing that a Hummer jeep is doing? A classical case of tithe and offering misuse. Same will happen to the country revenue WHEN AND IF he becomes Mr. Prez.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Greatpeter(m): 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2005
Okotie should forget about this seat of power and face god's work if actually sent.

He has not finished his assignment and he's looking forward for another.
What happens to God's work if he becomes the President?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2005
What happens to God's work if he becomes the President.

At least that will take a back seat, for just 4 years wink.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Greatpeter(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2005
Incredible! What does he want?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by megan: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2005
I believe that God has preserved this nation for such a time as this.I believe the Reverend has put his life on the line by openly and boldly declaring his vision for this great Nation twice!!!!!That alone should get us thinking.

The bible says "whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved,there is no difference between the jew and the gentile God is rich towards all who call upon him". Nigerians have cried and called upon the name of the Lord concerning the leadership of this nation and He has chosen to save us but He won't come down Himself to become the president,He has to use somebody and most of the time it the least expected and the least experienced eg.David was a teenager when he slayed Goliath and delivered Israel from the philistines, Jesus the carpenter's son became the deliverer of man kind..the rejected capstone has become the chief cornerstone.

I just want add that out of all the presiedntial runners who is the one that is credible and has the fear of God in Him, because the key element responsble for the bad leadership and governance is the lack of the fear of God in our leaders.

Let us be open minded and vote for our conscience and give rev. chris a chance

Let us not be like the children of Israel who with one side of their mouth cry unto God for salvation and with the other side reject the messiah that God sent to set them free and that is why Israel today is paying the price.

Thank you fellowmen and God bless you..

I will vote for the truth and my conscience, for Rev.Chris Okotie
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Greatpeter(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2005
Okotie, becoming the President of Federal Republic Of Nigeria?

It's a mirage!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2005
although he got the greatest number of votes in Port Harcourt which remains a mystery, politics is much more than publicity or morality. I think he should face his calling as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2005
@ G.P. & Okotx, tell him more.

If he truely has God's vision, why is he moved by the worldly pleasures? I see people who spend such amount for Hummer Jeep as senseless people not to talk of a man of God who should have used such money to help the poor and motherless.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by darlingbas(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2005
I think thats is just a pipe dream, he should stick to his calling as a man of God, nigeria is too corupt to have a pator as president, i dont just see his presidential dream coming true, how much does he have to bribe people to vote or rig election for him, or does he think voting count in nigeria, i think he should have a rethink.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 3:49am On Oct 03, 2005
Becoming the president of any nation requires greasing alot of palms, the moment you can do that you have heard your result, is Pastor Chris ready to do the normal greasing.

Ordinary talk does not bring out the good smile, i think i like the type of vision[i] ( the like of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Edgar Mevers )[/i].

A Hummer cruising presidential aspiarant does not really hold much fascination from me, what will he ride when he become Mr. Presido.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2005
I am still thinking.......
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by kenflavor(m): 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2005
I wonder what is wrong with this man of God.
First, he read Law, when it was time for him to go for Law school, he opted for Music and when the ovation was loud he dropped music and became a man of God, now is Presidency. I hope Pastor Chris knows exactly what he wants?

I would advice that he better forgets about that tall dream (Nigerian Presidency) and face how he would make those hundreds of unemployed youths in his Church become employed by selling his Hummer and provide money for them to start small scale biz
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2005
KENFLAVOR you aint said nothing but a word. preacher and a leadfer are 2 different avenues. He should start showing leadership skill by selling the Hummer I agree.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2005
How do we let him have the idea of our posts so far, so that he will know that Nigeria or even the whole world will not support him going for the presidency?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Poor Nigerians Will Reach 100 Million By 2022 – World Bank / Commandant Can't Tell His Organisation's Web Address / Pro-buhari Groups Plan Rallies In Major Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.