Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,061 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

To A Love That Never Happened - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / To A Love That Never Happened (892 Views)

A Love Poem / A Love Poem By Willzz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To A Love That Never Happened by OliveCynosure(f): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
To A Love That Never Happened

By The September's

We were certain. Well, I was.
You were that little spark of light in a corner of a dark room I was longing to finally capture. You were that tiny string of hope that kept me from falling in a cliff. You were the harmony that made me take a step back when I nearly jumped from a 10-foot high building. You were the beautiful sound that kept me writing for the love I have always wished to have. And you are that love--the love that'll never happen.

Isn't it absurd? I have always written you poems, letters and even composed a few songs as if you were mine when in fact, "we" never really happened. I'm quite sure, we had something; the way you'd rest on my shoulders when there's a huge space for you to sleep in, the times you'd offer to take me home when I could take care of myself, the moments you'd open up to me when in all reality, we just met.
You'd often ask me if I was okay. You'd make sure everything goes good for me, that I'm perfectly fine. We never said it but we felt it--that tingling feeling when our hands nearly touch, that warm haven when we walk together, and that little spark of infinity whenever we talk. We had something, and I know that you know that too, but that something never really bloomed.

We are the love that remained a dream. We are the love that was left unsaid. We are the love that never happened!

3 Likes

Re: To A Love That Never Happened by dammyd46(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
wow.. Beautiful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

: But Me / Down But Not Trodden / Memoirs Of A Playa Online Volume 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.