Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144047 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2017
Lomprico2:

Is it not data d 1.8 meter dish will use to get those channels?

Why r u trying to run down something good?

no mind d maga, since free, y hasn't everybody installed their FTA dish since and forget dstv....

I know dstv will tryna frustrate tstv, I just hope dis tstv really mean bizness

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2017
maestrojay:

Oga stop denying, U are a DSTV agent... Period!
TSTV must succeed
Lol..i laff in Spanish.it's not by mouth.why is Startime not making progress.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Mobsync(m): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2017
TheMainMan:
its 20g... then subsequent one is 10g at 3000naira and extra 1g at 300

please give us feedback o... to let us knw hw far bfr people pay for their next dstv sub

Can the gig be used for browsing. As in, can it be used as a hotspot?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Airtimex(m): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2017
Some people are now claiming I too know on this thread...before now those set of people were patronizing dstv and shouting the money is too much...

You now have a company that will make it lesser for you, you are still shouting is a free channel we are paying for. My bro. You were aware of those free channels before now and you refuse taking advantage of it....

I trust Nigerians, if those channels are entirely free as you people are saying, believe me nobody will be using dstv again...

I was once in the dongle world and I can tell you people the frustration that comes with it...those dongle users knows what am talking about. Qsat included....

So please brothers Rome wasn't built in a day. Lets give these guys the chance first...free channel or not...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by harmbhrosz(m): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Clearly you are deranged...If DSTV or Startimes like let them fall, whats my business. All I want is a formidable competition within the DTH space, not some noise making set of people who lack business sense, just like you. Is it by noise.
Jess....you're he'll bent on this your negativity o

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:19am On Oct 02, 2017
Lomprico2:

U are the one that lacked sense. Tstv is just starting up. When dstv started where they as they are today? We will support and make our tstv grow!!
Lol...Didn't you support HiTv where are they today?didn't you support Startime,where are they today in the DTH space even after partnering with NTA? Simply cos they had mumus like u as their advisers who know nothing in terms of business tactics and strategy.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by NigerDeltan(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:
TSTV made a tactical mistake, they never had their distribution channels in place before launching.

The incentives for distributors is so poor, why would I pay 4.4 million naira to get 1000 decoder kits only to sell for 5000 naira each meaning investing 4.4 million to earn a paltry sum of 600k. They should do better...

TSTV is an amalgamation of channels, nothing special, a lot of channels on their bouquet are channels being picked by 1.8 meter dish users, e.g the beIN sports, MBC series etc.

Real DTH aggregators own their channel series, e.g multichoice( the owners of DSTV) own the supersport channels, buh TSTV own nothing, they own no channel of their own, only gathering free channels and broadcasting to Nigerians .

The Internet feature they are broadcasting to Nigerians cannot be available in all nigerian states(I pray to be wrong on this) startimes have this feature on the combo box which a lot of their users are not even aware of, some are using it presently in Nigeria and I think that feature can only be used in not more than 5 states in Nigeria.

TSTV if not careful would go the way of HITv, the company have launched into the country running at a loss, that's why the branding and hyping to convince Nigerians to buy, if the sales and turnover anticipated is not achieved, either more money is pumped in to sustain the business or the business would be on a downward spiral.

KweseTV that has been there building structures to ensure distribution channels before launching is still way better and would outlive TSTV in the long run.Kwese even went ahead with their commitment to give out free decoders to thousands of dealers.

NB: the kwese brand is owned by strive masiywa, the brain behind econet wireless and TSTV is even broadcasting one of their channels kwese free sport(KFS) on their bouquet asking you to pay for the channel that kwese is broadcasting for free

Please ignore this DSTV guy!

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by silentachieverr(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2017
I called one of the dealers in Lagos yesterday and she said decoders and dish will be available on Tuesday evening. She sent her account number to book for it which is legit btw but i need to get reviews first before buying it. My DSTV subscription should expire today so I would most liklikely get TSTV this week.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2017
One simple question for TsTV fanatics,if DSTV decide to run on losses for 6 months by crashing all their packages to #0 naira,what will happen to TSTV?

Are they prepared?

Mind you,they have milked Nigerians for 23 years to be able to do that.

Is TSTV ready for such,cos if not,they should just park somewhere. They ain't ready for business.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by TheMainMan: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2017
Mobsync:

Can the gig be used for browsing. As in, can it be used as a hotspot?
yea... it can
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2017
silentachieverr:
I called one of the dealers in Lagos yesterday and she said decoders and dish will be available on Tuesday evening. She sent her account number to book for it which is legit btw but i need to get reviews first before buying it. My DSTV subscription should expire today so I would most liklikely get TSTV this week.
Imagine...lol.you launch,yet decoders ain't immediately available.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by chiraqDemon(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2017
Me im just in one corner watching. Next Month I'll prolly buy tstv if reviews are goof
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by KekeNash(f): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2017
Yesterday was PRE-launch main launch coming soon!
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by enonche85(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2017
LilSmith55:

Shif maa park for ur bak

Abeg space dey for a 3rd person to park?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Vicben(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:

KweseTV that has been there building structures to ensure distribution channels before launching is still way better and would outlive TSTV in the long run. Kwese even went ahead with their commitment to give out free decoders to thousands of dealers.
You've made a clear point.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by chloride6: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
KekeNash:
Yesterday was PRE-launch main launch coming soon!

Lol grin
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by CaptPlanet(m): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2017
LilSmith55:

No made in Abeokuta

I get made in benin own. U wan test am?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Bobbybube(m): 10:32am On Oct 02, 2017
iliyande:

Tnx u

I abandoned Dstv sub for long time after discovering that with 500# I can watch all my matches. Unlike those crap that offers selective matches for their customers.
Bro how do you watch your matches for #500
Help a brother. I'm interested.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by samsobo24(m): 10:33am On Oct 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by peeps4u: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:
One simple question for TsTV fanatics,if DSTV decide to run on losses for 6 months by crashing all their packages to #0 naira,what will happen to TSTV?

Are they prepared?

Mind you,they have milked Nigerians for 23 years to be able to do that.

Is TSTV ready for such,cos if not,they should just park somewhere. They ain't ready for business.

So, would you have TSTV offer lower packages than what they want to offer?

And besides, if DSTV does that, it is a win situation for subscribers, that is why we call for competition. DSTV can bring down their packages far lower than what they give people, but because there are no competitors, they dictate as they like.

Have you forgotten when sim was sold 20-40k, and MTN told you per second billing was impossible? It was GLO arrival that crashed it all.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2017
Hope they Wount be like hitv sha. Buh wait wen will they start there recruitment. Process
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by silentachieverr(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Lol, me sef tire but I would give them the benefit of doubt. I am sha not getting the TSTV until i get reviews shikena.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by toseen7: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

STFU!...... there is a public holiday today!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ayando(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:

Thanks for the info brotherly, buh do you know that with your 1.8 meter dish you can pick 80 to 90 percent of this channels you posted here for free ?

TSTV would make you pay what you can get free.
How is this possible? Hope u don't mind sharing?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by okomogo(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

The things we do today will catch up with us tomorrow, no matter the amount you collect from your pay master trying to discredit an indigenous company at a time we all are preaching buy naija to grow naija, the money will be exhausted one day and you will have to look for money somewhere else, this company you are working so hard to run down might even employ you or any of your relatives tomorrow. Yes they may have some hitches at start up but you should not discourage people from patronizing them, the so called DSTV did not start with all her channels intact, Encourage Start-ups and stop playing the devil. It might be your turn tomorrow. What goes around comes around.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by handsomenonny(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Ok
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by clems88(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2017
donjazet:
A popularity test.

Like for TSTV

share for DSTV
guy you don hammer likes o. Gimme small na

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by LilSmith55(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2017
enonche85:

Abeg space dey for a 3rd person to park?

No, go use the othe Airport, this place don full

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by K4diamond: 10:47am On Oct 02, 2017
I strongly believe it wont be like Hitv...
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by LilSmith55(m): 10:47am On Oct 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:

I get made in benin own. U wan test am?

Oya, make we test am see wich one beta pass
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by kechywillz(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2017
Am ready to borrow to buy this TSTV.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Michaelmercy(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2017
Lmaoo. dis one na die o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.