Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,737 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) (1426 Views)

Why The Prophet (S A W) Prevent Ali From Marrying Second Wife / Friday Reminder (5): Revive The Sunnah Of Hijab / The Prophet Of Islam (S. A. W) Did Not Marry A 9 Year Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Assalamu alaikum Wa rahmatul llahi wa barakatuhu my fellow brothers and sisters in islam
d reason I opened dis tread is to revive d Sunnah of Rasull(SAW)
nd u can make ur contribution to may Allah reward us abundantly
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2017
'O you people! Spread the Salam, feed(others), and perform Salat while the people are sleeping; you will enter Paradise with(the greeting of) Salam.'”

Reference : Jami At Tirmidhi
English reference : Vol. 4, Book 11, Hadith 2485
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 2673
Learn more Sunnah from this amazing app Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quranreading.lifeofprophet&hl
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 02, 2017
"Do not drink in one gulp like a camel, but in two or three (gulps). Mention the Name of Allah (i.e., say Bismillah) when you start drinking and praise Him (i.e., say Al-hamdu lillah) after you have finished (drinking)."

Reference: Riyad as-Salihin
Sunnah.com reference : Book 3, Hadith 31
Arabic/English book reference : Book 3, Hadith 758

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If you want to put on your shoes, put on the right shoe first; and if you want to take them off, take the left one first. Let the right shoe be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off."
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5855
In-book reference : Book 77, Hadith 72
(English) reference : Vol. 7, Book 72, Hadith 747
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2017
umarsheks6:
Assalamu alaikum Wa rahmatul llahi wa barakatuhu my fellow brothers and sisters in islam
d reason I opened dis tread is to revive d Sunnah of Rasull(SAW)
nd u can make ur contribution to may Allah reward us abundantly
Quote hadiths on aqeedah issue .. that is what makes a muslim a muslim.. please qu0te hadiths on aqeedah
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Quote hadiths on aqeedah issue .. that is what makes a muslim a muslim.. please qu0te hadiths on aqeedah
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
did u notice any form of doubt or uncertainty in wat I qouted or in me ?if u did pls point dem out so I can coret it
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2017
FIVE TIPS TO ACHIEVE SINCERITY

1. IMPROVE YOUR PRIVATE LIFE

Imam Al-Ghazali said,
“The first stage of sincerity is that your private and public state should be the same.”

2. ASK ALLAH FOR SINCERITY

The Prophet ﷺ would often say
“Oh Allah I seek refuge in associating partners with you knowingly, and I seek your forgiveness if I did so unknowingly”

3. HIDE YOUR GOOD DEEDS

“If you disclose your Sadaqat (almsgiving), it is well: but if you conceal them and give them to the poor, that is better for you. (Allah) will expiate you some of your sins.”
(Quran 2:271)

The Prophetﷺ said:
“Allah will shade seven types of people on the Day of Judgment-the day where there is no shade but Allah’s shade…”

Two of those people he mentioned were:
“The person who gives charity and kept it so secretly to the extent that his left hand does not know the right hand gave.”

“And the person that remembers Allah privately until his eyes filled with tears.”

Salamah Bin Dinar said, “Hide your good deeds (from the people) just like you hide your evil deeds”.

4. AVOID BOASTFULNESS

Belittling our good deeds will lead to sincerity.
Never consider your good deeds to great, rather understand such actions are solely due to Allah’s favour.

Allah has said “So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.” (Quran 53:32 )

5. ASK ALLAH TO PRESERVE YOUR GOOD DEEDS AND NEVER BE PROUD OF YOUR RIGHTEOUS ACTIONS

Stay away from Praise
The Prophetﷺ heard a man praise a man and extol him in praise, so he said:

‘You have destroyed or cut the back of the man.”

We should always strive to be loved by people, but we should never be boastful. Always remind yourself that this is all from Allah. Our rank in this dunya doesn’t elevate our ranks in the eyes of Allah.

“And they were not commanded except with this: that they should worship Allah, being completely sincere in the Din.”

[Al-Qur’an 98:5]

We ask Allah to make our actions sincere for His sake.

1 Like

Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2017
umarsheks6:
did u notice any form of doubt or uncertainty in wat I qouted or in me ?if u did pls point dem out so I can coret it
Am only just advising you bro. many people are reading this. . aqeedah issue is the main thing. . might be an expose and guide to people
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Am only just advising you bro. many people are reading this. . aqeedah issue is the main thing. . might be an expose and guide to people
pls shed more light
I don't understand
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
umarsheks6:
pls shed more light I don't understand
START QUOTING HADITH THAT TALKS ON AQEEDAH
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
START QUOTING HADITH THAT TALKS ON AQEEDAH
k noted but I also do not c any wrong in reminding muslims abt d Sunnah of d prophet (SAW)
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو خَيْثَمَةَ، زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، عَنْ كَهْمَسٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ يَعْمَرَ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُعَاذٍ الْعَنْبَرِيُّ، - وَهَذَا حَدِيثُهُ - حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا كَهْمَسٌ، عَنِ ابْنِ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ يَعْمَرَ، قَالَ كَانَ أَوَّلَ مَنْ قَالَ فِي الْقَدَرِ بِالْبَصْرَةِ مَعْبَدٌ الْجُهَنِيُّ فَانْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَحُمَيْدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الْحِمْيَرِيُّ حَاجَّيْنِ أَوْ مُعْتَمِرَيْنِ فَقُلْنَا لَوْ لَقِينَا أَحَدًا مِنْ أَصْحَابِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَسَأَلْنَاهُ عَمَّا يَقُولُ هَؤُلاَءِ فِي الْقَدَرِ فَوُفِّقَ لَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ دَاخِلاً الْمَسْجِدَ فَاكْتَنَفْتُهُ أَنَا وَصَاحِبِي أَحَدُنَا عَنْ يَمِينِهِ وَالآخَرُ عَنْ شِمَالِهِ فَظَنَنْتُ أَنَّ صَاحِبِي سَيَكِلُ الْكَلاَمَ إِلَىَّ فَقُلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ إِنَّهُ قَدْ ظَهَرَ قِبَلَنَا نَاسٌ يَقْرَءُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَيَتَقَفَّرُونَ الْعِلْمَ - وَذَكَرَ مِنْ شَأْنِهِمْ - وَأَنَّهُمْ يَزْعُمُونَ أَنْ لاَ قَدَرَ وَأَنَّ الأَمْرَ أُنُفٌ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَإِذَا لَقِيتَ أُولَئِكَ فَأَخْبِرْهُمْ أَنِّي بَرِيءٌ مِنْهُمْ وَأَنَّهُمْ بُرَآءُ مِنِّي وَالَّذِي يَحْلِفُ بِهِ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عُمَرَ لَوْ أَنَّ لأَحَدِهِمْ مِثْلَ أُحُدٍ ذَهَبًا فَأَنْفَقَهُ مَا قَبِلَ اللَّهُ مِنْهُ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنَ بِالْقَدَرِ ثُمَّ قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ قَالَ بَيْنَمَا نَحْنُ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ذَاتَ يَوْمٍ إِذْ طَلَعَ عَلَيْنَا رَجُلٌ شَدِيدُ بَيَاضِ الثِّيَابِ شَدِيدُ سَوَادِ الشَّعَرِ لاَ يُرَى عَلَيْهِ أَثَرُ السَّفَرِ وَلاَ يَعْرِفُهُ مِنَّا أَحَدٌ حَتَّى جَلَسَ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَسْنَدَ رُكْبَتَيْهِ إِلَى رُكْبَتَيْهِ وَوَضَعَ كَفَّيْهِ عَلَى فَخِذَيْهِ وَقَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدُ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِسْلاَمِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ الإِسْلاَمُ أَنْ تَشْهَدَ أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَتُقِيمَ الصَّلاَةَ وَتُؤْتِيَ الزَّكَاةَ وَتَصُومَ رَمَضَانَ وَتَحُجَّ الْبَيْتَ إِنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ إِلَيْهِ سَبِيلاً ‏.‏ قَالَ صَدَقْتَ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَعَجِبْنَا لَهُ يَسْأَلُهُ وَيُصَدِّقُهُ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَأَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِيمَانِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ أَنْ تُؤْمِنَ بِاللَّهِ وَمَلاَئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَتُؤْمِنَ بِالْقَدَرِ خَيْرِهِ وَشَرِّهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ صَدَقْتَ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَأَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِحْسَانِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ أَنْ تَعْبُدَ اللَّهَ كَأَنَّكَ تَرَاهُ فَإِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ تَرَاهُ فَإِنَّهُ يَرَاكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَأَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ السَّاعَةِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ مَا الْمَسْئُولُ عَنْهَا بِأَعْلَمَ مِنَ السَّائِلِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَأَخْبِرْنِي عَنْ أَمَارَتِهَا ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ أَنْ تَلِدَ الأَمَةُ رَبَّتَهَا وَأَنْ تَرَى الْحُفَاةَ الْعُرَاةَ الْعَالَةَ رِعَاءَ الشَّاءِ يَتَطَاوَلُونَ فِي الْبُنْيَانِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ ثُمَّ انْطَلَقَ فَلَبِثْتُ مَلِيًّا ثُمَّ قَالَ لِي ‏"‏ يَا عُمَرُ أَتَدْرِي مَنِ السَّائِلُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قُلْتُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَإِنَّهُ جِبْرِيلُ أَتَاكُمْ يُعَلِّمُكُمْ دِينَكُمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It is narrated on the authority of Yahya b. Ya'mur that the first man who discussed qadr (Divine Decree) in Basra was Ma'bad al-Juhani. I along with Humaid b. 'Abdur-Rahman Himyari set out for pilgrimage or for 'Umrah and said: Should it so happen that we come into contact with one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) we shall ask him about what is talked about taqdir (Divine Decree). Accidentally we came across Abdullah ibn Umar ibn al-Khattab, while he was entering the mosque. My companion and I surrounded him. One of us (stood) on his right and the other stood on his left. I expected that my companion would authorize me to speak. I therefore said: Abu Abdur Rahman! There have appeared some people in our land who recite the Qur'an and pursue knowledge. And then after talking about their affairs, added: They (such people) claim that there is no such thing as Divine Decree and events are not predestined. He (Abdullah ibn Umar) said: When you happen to meet such people tell them that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by tartar9(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
I don't get
Should we abandon the Sunnah because aqeedah is the main thing?
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
tartar9:

I don't get
Should we abandon the Sunnah because aqeedah is the main thing?
AQEEDAH is also sunnah. . .islam is sunnah and sunnah is islam. #without aqeedah, all these ibaadat w0nt ever be accepted without correct aqeedah
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 883
In-book reference : Book 11, Hadith 8
(English) reference : Vol. 2, Book 13, Hadith 8

jumat mubarak in advance
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2017
'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Kinship (rahim) is derived from Allah. If anyone maintains ties of kinship Allah maintains ties with him. If anyone cuts them off, Allah cuts him off."

Reference : Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 55
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 9
English translation : Book 2, Hadith 55

1 Like

Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by kazlaw2000: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
AQEEDAH is also sunnah. . .islam is sunnah and sunnah is islam. #without aqeedah, all these ibaadat w0nt ever be accepted without correct aqeedah
So WHEN do we start talking about ibaadats?
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2017
Assalamu'alaikum my dear brothers nd sisters in Islam

Here are some things to note

Bismillahir_Rahmanir_Rahim
  *Suratul Faatiha* protects one from the anger of *Allah.*

*Surah Yaseen* protects one from the thirst of the Day of Judgment

*Suratul Waaqi'ah* protects one from poverty and starvation.

*Surah Mulk* protects one from the punishment of the grave.

*Suratul Kauthar* protects one from the enmity of the enemy.

*Suratul Kaafiroon* protects one from kufr at the time of death.

*Suratul Ikhlaas* protects one from hypocrisy

*Suratul Falaq* protects one from calamities.

*Suratul Naas* protects one from evil thoughts.

May Allah reward us all as we share
Salaam
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 5:15am On Oct 10, 2017
Dr. ZAKIR NAIK
Dear all Muslim Brothers and Friends..
Please
Don't write GOD
Please Write always "Allah"
Because there is no description of GOD in
the HOLY QURAN.
Don't say "Mosque"
Always say "Masjid"
Because Islamic Organization has found that
Mosque means, Mosquitoes.
Don't write "Mecca"
write always correctly
"Makkah" Because
Mecca means House of
Wines.
Don't write "Mohd"
write always completely
"Muhammad" Because
Mohd means The dog with big mouth.
If you have package,
Please forward it to our Muslim Friends.
ﺍﻟﺮﺟﺎﺀ ﺍﺭﺳﺎﻟﻬﺎ ﺍﻟﻰ ﺍﺻﺪﻗﺎﺋﻚ ﺍﻟﻤﺴﻠﻤﻴﻦ
Muslim population
Afghanistan 100%
Albania 75%
Algeria 99%
Angola 25%
Argentina 2%
Australia 2.09%
Azerbaijan 93%
Bahrin 100%
Bangladesh 85%
Bhutan 5%
Brazil 0.6%
Burma 10%
Canada 1.48%
Cntral africn 55%
China 11%
Egypt 94%
Ethopia 65%
Fiji 11%
France 7%
Georgia 11%
Germeny 3.4%
Greece 1.5%
Guinea 95%
Guyana 15%
Hongkong 1%
India 14%
Indonesia 85%
Iran 99%
Iraq 97%
Isreal 14%
Italy 1%
Japan 1%
Jordan 95%
Kenya 30%
Kuwait 89%
Lebanon 70%
Libya 100%
Maldives 100%
Malasiya 52%
Mauritius 19.5%
Mayotte 99%
Nigeria 75%
Oman 100%
Pakistan 97%
Phillipines 14%
Qatar 100%
Romania 20%
Russia 18%
Saudi arab 100%
Singapore 17%
Somalia 100%
Sri lanka 9%
Sudan 85%
Syria 90%
Tazakistan 85%
Tanzania 65%
Thailand 14%
Tunisia 98%
Turkey 99.8%
UAE 96%
UK 2.5%
USA 3.75%
Uzbekistan 88%
Where the Prophets originated..
Adam(AS) - Sri Lanka
Nooh(AS) - Jordan
Shoaib(AS) - Syria
Saleh(AS) - Lebanon
Ibrahim(AS) - Palestine and died in iraq
Ismail(AS) - Saudi Arabia
Yakoob(AS) - Palestine
Yahya(AS) Palestine
Zakariya (AS) Palestine
Ishaq(AS) - Palestine
Yusuf(AS) - Palestine
Looth(AS) - Iraq
Ayub(AS) - Jordan
Hood(AS) - Yamen
Nabi-Muhammad (SAW) - Saudi Arabia
Ages of Prophets
Adam(AS) - 1000 Yrs
Nooh(A S) - 950 Yrs
Shoaib(AS) - 882 Yrs
Saleh(AS) - 586 Yrs
Zakariyya(AS) - 207 Yrs
Ibrahim(AS) - 195 Yrs
Sulayman(AS) - 150 Yrs
Ismail(AS) - 137 Yrs
Yakoob(AS) - 129 Yrs
Musa(AS) - 125 Yrs
Ishaq(AS) - 120 Yrs
Haroon(AS) - 119 Yrs
Yusuf(AS) - 110 Yrs
Eesa(AS) - 40 Yrs
NABI MUHAMMAD (SAW) - 63 Yrs
Plz don't keep it in your inbox, share the
knowledge.
Please read this to the end.
You hardly have timej for Allah; but He loves
you and always blesses you. He is always
with you. I need you to spend 30mns of
your time with him today. Don't pray, just
praise Him.
Today I want this message across the world
before midnight. Will you help? Please do
not I cut the chain.
He always grants you all the things that you
are in need of. So please drop everything
and pass this on. Don't break this chain.
Send this to other friends.
Why Do we feel sleepy in Prayer? But stay
awake throughout a 3 hours movie.
Why are we so bored when we look at the
HOLY BOOK? But find it easy to read other
books.
Why is it so easy to ignore a message about
Allah? Yet we forward the nasty/funny ones.
Why are Masjids getting smaller? But Bars
and Night Clubs are expanding.
Why is it so easy to worship a celebrity? But
very difficult to engage with Allah.
Think about it, are you going to forward
this? Or are you going to ignore it because
you think you will get laughed at?
Forward this to all your friends/contacts.
I know 80% of you may not forward this; so
be among the 20% who might.
Remember; Allah (SWT) said: If you deny Me
in front of your friends, I will deny you on
the day of judgment:
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 6:18am On Oct 10, 2017
“Part of the perfection of one’s Islam is his leaving that which does not concern him.”

Reference : 40 Hadith Nawawi 12
Learn more Sunnah from this amazing app Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quranreading.lifeofprophet&hl
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2017
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Let one of you not consider any good to be insignificant. If he has nothing, then let him meet his brother with a smiling face. If you buy some meat or cook something in a pot, then increase its broth, and serve some of it to your neighbor."

Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1833
In-book reference : Book 25, Hadith 49
English translation : Vol. 3, Book 23, Hadith 1833
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
(1) Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."
(See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 10 2, Vol1).
(Book #2 , Hadith #38 )
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2017
Abu Huraira (RA) reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be and blessings on him, said, “Allah the Exalted says: I am as my servant expects me and I am with him as he remembers me. If he remembers me in himself, then I will remember him in myself. If he mentions me in a gathering, then I will mention him in a greater gathering. When he draws near to me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit. When he draws near me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom. When he comes to me walking, I will come to him running.”
Hadith of Sahih Bukhari 6970, and that of Sahih Muslim 2675. Jumaat Mubarak

Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 11:55am On Oct 13, 2017
As soon as the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) got up for Qiyam al-Layl, he would brush his teeth with a siwaak and perform wudhu, he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “When one of you gets up to pray at night, let him use a siwaak (to clean his teeth), because when he recites during the prayer, the angel puts his mouth over his, so that nothing leaves his mouth but will enter into the angel's mouth.”

Reference: Sahih by Shaikh al-Albanee (al-Bayhaqee and others)
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2017
"Some persons from the Ansar asked for (something) from the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) and he gave them. They again asked him for (something), and he gave them. Then he said: 'whatever of good that I have, I would never hoard it from any of you. (Remember) whoever abstains from asking others, Allah will make him content, and whoever tries to make due, Allah will suffice him. And whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. Nobody can be given a blessing better and more encompassing than patience."

Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2024
In-book reference : Book 27, Hadith 130
English translation : Vol. 4, Book 1, Hadith 2024

Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
Y do some muslims find it difficult to observe jst five daily salat wat if it wasn't reduced to five times daily

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 345:

Narrated Abu Dhar:

Allah's Apostle said, "While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked, 'Is there anyone with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, Muhammad I is with me.' He asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.'

Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added, "I passed by Moses and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.' Then I passed by Jesus and he said, 'Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.' I asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus.

Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' Then Gabriel took me till we '' reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk."

Pls let's say Alhamdulillah
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 6:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Take on only as much as you can do of good deeds, for the best of deeds is that which is done consistently, even if it is little.”

Reference: Ibn Majah
English reference : Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4240
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 4381
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2017
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عَاصِمٍ الضَّحَّاكُ بْنُ مَخْلَدٍ، عَنْ زَكَرِيَّاءَ بْنِ ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ صَيْفِيٍّ، عَنْ أَبِي مَعْبَدٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم بَعَثَ مُعَاذًا ـ رضى الله عنه ـ إِلَى الْيَمَنِ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ ادْعُهُمْ إِلَى شَهَادَةِ أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ، وَأَنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، فَإِنْ هُمْ أَطَاعُوا لِذَلِكَ فَأَعْلِمْهُمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ قَدِ افْتَرَضَ عَلَيْهِمْ خَمْسَ صَلَوَاتٍ فِي كُلِّ يَوْمٍ وَلَيْلَةٍ، فَإِنْ هُمْ أَطَاعُوا لِذَلِكَ فَأَعْلِمْهُمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ افْتَرَضَ عَلَيْهِمْ صَدَقَةً فِي أَمْوَالِهِمْ، تُؤْخَذُ مِنْ أَغْنِيَائِهِمْ وَتُرَدُّ عَلَى فُقَرَائِهِمْ ‏"
‏‏.‏
Narrated Ibn `Abbas: The Prophet (ﷺ) sent Mu`adh to Yemen and said, "Invite the people to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and I am Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and if they obey you to do so, then teach them that Allah has enjoined on them five prayers in every day and night (in twenty-four hours), and if they obey you to do so, then teach them that Allah has made it obligatory for them to pay the Zakat from their property and it is to be taken from the wealthy among them and given to the poor."

Sahih Bukhari
(Obligatory Charity Tax (Zakat))
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1395
In-book reference : Book 24, Hadith 1
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by umarshek6(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2017
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْيَمَانِ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الزِّنَادِ، أَنَّ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنَ هُرْمُزَ الأَعْرَجَ، مَوْلَى رَبِيعَةَ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّهُ، سَمِعَ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏"‏ نَحْنُ الآخِرُونَ السَّابِقُونَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ، بَيْدَ أَنَّهُمْ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا، ثُمَّ هَذَا يَوْمُهُمُ الَّذِي فُرِضَ عَلَيْهِمْ فَاخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ، فَهَدَانَا اللَّهُ، فَالنَّاسُ لَنَا فِيهِ تَبَعٌ، الْيَهُودُ غَدًا وَالنَّصَارَى بَعْدَ غَدٍ ‏"
‏‏.‏
Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) (p.b.u.h) saying, "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us. And this was their day (Friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it. So Allah gave us the guidance for it (Friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect: the Jews' (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) and the Christians' (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday)."

Sahih Bukhari
(Friday Prayer)
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 876
In-book reference : Book 11, Hadith 1

Jumm'at Mubarak
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by UmarIbnShittu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Do a Hajj before going to bed

Very interesting. Takes only 2 mins to read.

★The Holy Prophet (SAWS) one day said to Hz.Ali (R.A.) : Ya Ali! Do these 5 things before going to bed at night:

◆ 1. Give 4000 Dinars in Sadaqa and then sleep

◆2. Read 1 complete Quran and then sleep

◆3. Pay the price for Janna'h and then sleep

◆4. Make two people happy with each other when they are upset and then sleep

◆5. Do 1 Hajj and then sleep.

★Hazrat Ali (R.A.) said, Ya Rasulallah! This looks impossible. How will I be able to do it? Then the Prophet (SAWS) replied:

◆4 times reading Surah Fatiha is equivalent to 4,000 Dinars giving in Sadaqa.

◆3 times reading Surah Ikhlas (Qul hu Allahu Ahad) equals to one complete Quran.

◆3 times praying Lahaula wala kuwata illa billa hil Ali il azeem is the price of jannat.

◆10 times Astagfirullah is equals to making two unhappy people happy with each other.

◆4 times Kalematu shahadat is equals to one Hajj.

★After this Ali (R.A.) said, Ya Rasulallah (SAWS)! Now I will do all these before going to bed.

★It takes less than 5 mins for all the above zikr and look at the virtues for it? Who would not want to have all these virtues to be in their book of good deeds

It will be very nice of u if u could Pls forward this to as many Mumineen as possible coz if anyone starts doing these Aamaal then there is no doubt that you will also be rewarded for it.
Inn Sha ALLAH.

Advice ⚠
Do not share later. Share it now.
May Allah grant success to every one who reads it and share it. .
Aameen.
Re: Revive The Sunnah Of The Prophet (s.a.w) by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:33am On Oct 22, 2017
The Prophet (ﷺ) said Allah will give shade to seven (types of people) under His Shade (on the Day of Resurrection). (one of them will be) a person who remembers Allah and his eyes are then flooded with tears.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6479
In-book reference : Book 81, Hadith 68
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 8, Book 76, Hadith 486

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian-american Muslimah Looking For A Husband In The Us / Is It Allowed To Use A Towel After Ghusl? / If You're Not Practicing Sunnah Give Us Way - Kabiru Gombe At Hotoro Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.