Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,612 members, 7,801,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

How To Transfer Saved Contacts From An Iphone To Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Transfer Saved Contacts From An Iphone To Android (461 Views)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Saved Contacts From An Iphone To Android by TecnoServe: 10:19am On Oct 02, 2017
I know there are die hard iPhone fans here who would like to purchase the TECNO Phantom 6 plus device or any other android device, but the thought of how they can transfer their contacts from their iPhone to this beast had withheld them, so today I will be sharing with you some easy steps on how to transfer contacts from an iPhone to android, for those who already know it all OR belong to the "this belongs to all android crew" this is not just for you, as the need of those who are in dire need of this tutorial clearly outweigh yours.

TRANSFERRING CONTACTS USING PHONE SWAPPER

This is a third party application that enables you to send all of your contacts to your cloud storage and retrieve the information from another device. PhoneSwapper is available on both android and iOS. Before we begin it is advisable to download and install the app on both device.once downloaded to your iOS device, launch it and you should see two available options there which are; send contacts to cloud and get contacts from cloud, click on "send contacts to cloud" and wait for it to synchronize, mind you this will take sometime, once it's done successfully, it will display a 6 digit pin, write down the PIN being displayed, then proceed to launch the app on your Phantom device, but this time you click on "get contact from cloud", once clicked, input the 6 digit pin you wrote down and wait for the contacts to sync with your device. Once it is successful, you should start seeing contacts from your iPhone displayed on your device.

TRANSFERRING CONTACTS WITH iCLOUD
First before this method can work, you will need to have icloud enabled on your iOS device, once it has been enabled then you proceed to your iphone settings and tap mail contacts >> calendars, after which tap on account, you should see iCloud listed, select the option and activate the toggle for contacts, you should get a prompt from your iphone asking you to merge your device contact with iCloud, click on yes and proceed.

Once the process is completed, login to your iCloud account with your Apple ID and click on contacts, click on the gear icon in the lower left corner and click select all. after which you click the wheel and click on "export Vcard".
The next thing is to login your Gmail on your phantom device and click on contact, click on the more and select "import" click on "choose file" navigate to your saved Vcard file and select it, then wait for it to start importing. once it is done importing, your Gmail will display the number of contacts that have been imported. then should incase you have some duplicate contact imported, just click on "find and merge duplicates button under the "more" tab.

Please note that this was originally written on the Tecno's website, but it doesn't mean it's not applicable to other android devices. I shared here mainly because I know a person or two might find useful.
http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/phantom-aa/66401-how-to-transfer-saved-contacts-from-an-iphone-to-tecno-phantom-6-plus
Re: How To Transfer Saved Contacts From An Iphone To Android by HarveyDeven: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2017
I think there's a Google-made app for this as well.
Re: How To Transfer Saved Contacts From An Iphone To Android by TecnoServe: 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
HarveyDeven:
I think there's a Google-made app for this as well.

I never knew.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Do you know the name?

(1) (Reply)

All Mtk Cpu Based Phone Repair Imei Easy Ways No Need Dongle No Need Any App. / Download Latest Telegram App V4.6.0 / Control Another Android Phone From Your Phon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.